Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:44 PM   #46  
not giving up

S/C/G: 190/?/125

Height: 5'7"

Some co-workers just walked up to me with cake and ice cream and I turned them down.

If I can do it, anyone can do it because I have always found it hard to resist the taste of sugar. And high fructose corn syrup. I really have a sweet tooth.

Anyway, today everyone at work gathered in the Board Room to celebrate a co-worker's 25th anniversary here. Afterwards they passed out cake and ice cream.

I came to work with plenty of fruit and string cheese to snack on and as usual I brought my lunch, so I do not need any junk.

Last edited by GreenT; 07-12-2007 at 07:50 PM.
GreenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:43 PM   #47  
Still Trying

S/C/G: 132/132/120

Height: 5'4"

Great Job!!! You are strong!! Sugar is like cryptonite to me!!!

Way to go!
nometabolism74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:55 PM   #48  
not giving up

When I saw the cake and ice cream I thought of the blueberries, bananas, nectarine, and prunes I brought to work. That's enough sugar for me.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:28 PM   #49  
April

S/C/G: 165/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Hey all! I've been gone a few weeks, it's been crazy around here. My cousin cam home from Iraq and I'm the closest house to his base, so I had family here and all that craziness, then I went on vacay to Ohio for a weeks, so I've been a busy girl. Unfortunately my weight is reflecting my good time...I'm up over 150 for the first time in like 2 years. Just before I left, I had some blood work done and my thyroid is low, so it's not all in my head. Just another hurdle to jump, but at least I know I'm not just gaining cause I'm a lazy cow! LOL! I won't have ins for a few weeks so I'm taking Kelp for the iodine and hoping that it will improve a bit. We shall see. For now I'm gonna try to keep it low key and just maintain, because my running was wiping me out and now I know why.

I'll check in alter when I have more time. Peace.

Last edited by midearthseeker; 07-13-2007 at 12:07 AM.
midearthseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:02 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Summer is a busy time, yes?
My work has been telling me to stay home all week and I've done nothing of note. Sleep, exercise, eat, vaccuum, cook, laundry ... ho hum. I don't mind, it sure is restful.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:01 PM   #51  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

GreenT Good on ya, for saying "no" to all that sugar!

I did real good today too, considering Chai Latte's and Chocolate Banana Loaf's have been calling my name since noon today. I already started my day with a Chai Latte, what?... it's calling me again by noon?!#*! How rude!! And it hasn't ceased yet! What ever do they want?!!

I have been choosing to drink water instead of listen to their incessant yells for attention. Hasn't been easy, but I did it. I ROCK!!

Talk to you in the morning!
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:44 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Just checking in to say Hello, per Susan B

abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:22 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyin View Post
Just checking in to say Hello, per Susan B

Me too! Bad craziness work schedule this week but still OP. New government FRASS too - could cost me $7-10K yearly, big loss for my small endeavour - but still OP. The diet is the only thing going well this week - Hmm.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:48 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:13 AM   #55  
Doing this for me!

S/C/G: 147/139.0/130

Morning! I'll be off for the weekend at a friends cottage...hope you all have a great weekend!!!
stiebena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:49 AM   #56  

Height: 5'6

Dawnslight: Anxiety can wreak havoc on our lives. Hang in there!

Doughnut: Have a great time in Greece....I'm jealous!

Nometabolism74: I love the Harry Potter movies. I'm going on a double date tonight to see it (with my hubby, 14-yr old daughter and her new boyfriend) Poor kid, has to have supervised dates with her parents She'll tell her therapist about it someday.

Clykk: Yum..... Chai Latte

Someone noticed I had lost weight yesterday I'll have 14 miles on the treadmill by wks end...it's hard to get started and I am pretty sore....hopefullyl I'll get used to it in a few more days! I am trying the slow and steady approach and working out at least 40 min. at a slower pace. I think it is just as exhausting. With the calorie cuts and all, I feel drained!
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:23 AM   #57  
Still Trying

S/C/G: 132/132/120

Yay a Harry Potter fan! You will love it, hopefully!! The new teacher is just pure evil!! She does a really great job at making you hate her!!

It's food day at work! Oh how I hate food days!!

Sloppy joes, cheese dip, brownies, ice cream...ahhhhh!!

I think i will just stay in my office today with my yogurt and fruit!

Happy Friday the 13th everyone!

Patty
nometabolism74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:28 PM   #58  
not giving up

Carolyn - I bought a Chocolate Banana Loaf a couple of weeks ago. I planned to offer some to my grandmother, but I ended up eating the whole thing by myself in one day.

Good for you for drinking water instead of giving in!

Patty - I used to hate food days at my old job. Luckily at my current job we don't have those.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:30 PM   #59  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Default Good Afternoon!

Had a busy morning and stayed OP. I'm going for a walk next, before my DS gets home. Keep on keeping on, Featherweights!
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:39 PM   #60  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I'M HUNGRY! I have a Dr appt at 11:00 and they are going to run some tests (just a check-up, nothing to worry about) so I have to fast for 12 hours prior to the appt. Haven't eaten anything since 11:00 PM last night and I'm hungry. I keep getting up to get something to eat and then remembering that I have to wait.

I attended a business meeting yesterday where they had a whole spread of delectable desserts (carrot cake, mocha cheesecake, brownies, blondies, cookies). What did I have...a decaf coffee! Go me!

Nonmetabolism--Food day at work?! That sounds scary!

Clykk--I can practically hear that chocolate banana loaf calling to me. Good job on resisting it!
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote