Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:00 PM   #16  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Yes, the middle of the year. Makes you think. What have you been able to accomplish in the past 6 mos, what do you want to accomplish in next.

Pomegranites have recently been found to be SOOOO good for us. So that's great, Barbara.

You asked about your day whether good or bad and I noticed there were no fruits and vegetables, michelinwoman, so my vote would be bad. Maybe you just didn't mention some. Anyway, gotta have 'em for efficient bodies! (also efficient weight loss)

stiebena, welcome.

Nice to realize you are evening up the arms, Canadian Mom.

I'll have to check and see what I've accomplished in 6 mos and see if any goals besides the 140 would be sensible to set.
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:43 PM   #17  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Well my overall trend is downward right now! I get closer and closer to my goal, which is for my evening weight to be 115 or lower (which means my morning weight needs to be around 110). Today I hit 113.5, which I believe is the lowest I've weighed since I was a kid! One more month and maybe I'll actually be at goal--how cool would that be?

Dagmar--I gotta agree with Susan, it's not the salad (unless unlimited salad also means unlimited quantities of dressing and salad toppings like nuts, cheese, croutons). I also don't believe it's the fruit either. But the bread and the ice cream...well those could be potential culprits.

There are so few calories in lettuce and salad veggies. I pretty much allow myself unlimited lettuce and once in a while I'll get freaked out that it is a problem, but then I remind myself that it is only 5 calories or less per ounce (which is a lot of lettuce). I cannot possibly eat enough lettuce for it to slow my weight loss. I'm also pretty fast and loose in terms of measuring my fruit.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:56 PM   #18  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I actually have more problems with fruit than anything else. So it could be fruit. Its not the calories in the fruit so much, but they send me off into major blood sugar spirals.. I dont measure fruit, but I have to be very careful how I eat it. I tend to gain when I eat fruit even if I THINK everything else is the same.

Also, if I eat bread and icecream I tend to be hyper aware of them so I am good with everything else, if I eat fruit it barely registers so I can overeat without realizing it.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:23 PM   #19  
How Bad do you want it?

S/C/G: 140/135.5/120

Height: 5'1"

Here. Lost 1 pound for last week.

DH and I went out to photograph the house we're buying and I got caught in some of the photos. HOW on earth can I weigh 135# and still look SO bad? Looks like my rear is as big as the garage door I'm standing in front of!!!!!!!!!! Really, how much ROOM does 135# take up?

I am so bummed. And hungry.

Sheesh! Gotta getta grip! Back to the weight bench!!!

cups
cuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:22 PM   #20  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

:carrpt

My scale said 133.5 today!!!

Busy, hot hot day here! 7 kids and a hot sticky day!! oy!
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:42 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

the kids and I walked to the park and pool today well actually just 3 DD2 is at my moms. We walked throught the botanical gardens to and from the pool. We actually jogged part of thwe way and I mean my 10 and 4 and almost3 year olds jogged with me. The other joggers thought it was sooo cute and so did the bike police. They loved it "running " with mommy. My DD1 brought us back up on a path they took her on a field trip on....NEVER again it is a good hicking trail but not good for strollers. I ended up hurting my leg cause there are hills that are almost 90 degree angles with humongous roots and rocks throught them. I can say it wqas a good workout. lol

Susan I agree we need to be aware of the up and down trends but focus on the ovwerall trend (hopefully downward)
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:42 PM   #22  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone been awhile since I've posted here.

I was in Chicago for a week. I had a blast but my eating (and adult beverage drinking!) wasn't that great. I definitely could have done worse but I also could have done better!

I weight myself on Thursdays so I'll se how much damage I did (and can undo) in a couple of days.

I really agree with Susan that we should be trying to look at the big picture instead of the little ups and downs but sometimes I forget that but all those little "downs" add up!

Ok, hope everyone is having a great day. Talk to you later.
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:48 PM   #23  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Hi Feathers!

Its been awhile since I have posted. The heat here is turning me into an introvert. Many of you are so close to goal. I am happy to announce that I am too. So excited to be on the other side of 150 but for some strange reason my body image hasn't changed too much. Weird huh?

I have thought about changing my goal to 135 but I think I will conquer this goal first and then see how I feel. I am starting to feel a bit more slack so perhaps I will get to goal maintain for a few months and then reassess.

It is much better to be lighter in this heat. It doesn't bother me nearly as much.

Anyhow its been so long I wanted to pop in to say hi.
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 07:35 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy My frustrations are showing

My frustrations at what's going on in my business life are starting to affect everything else . That's what I'm really at - not that I've gained a pound but that I'm potentially losing the business I've built up over 13 years because the City I live in is broke and sees me as a way to wring money from my clients.

I guess I should be glad that I've only gained one pound from stress eating instead of putting all five that I've lost back on.

And does anyone else feel super-fat if the scale goes up just a bit? I know I haven't perceptibly changed in size but suddenly I feel HUGE! Odd.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:41 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

I am doing so bad

It's like I have lost control or something . I have been eating terribly for weeks and this has got to stop. I don't know how I haven't gained any weight but I'm sure it is going to catch up with me soon. I feel bloated all the time and I have got to get back on track.

Tomorrow I have got to get a grip. I was doing so well for the last 8 months and now I am eating all the crap I used to eat. I WILL eat healthy and stay on plan!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:57 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

I seem to be nibbling my way into a higher calorie range this week ... hmmm ... I wonder if it would make any difference if I made a concerted effort to have a really good walk in the morning?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:36 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Default Diet/exercise are linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
I seem to be nibbling my way into a higher calorie range this week ... hmmm ... I wonder if it would make any difference if I made a concerted effort to have a really good walk in the morning?
I find that exercise really did have an effect on my control over my eating. My job now is all the exercise I need but, when I was at a desk, I found that skipping the walk made me more prone to "skipping" the dieting too

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:44 AM   #28  

Height: 5'2"

today was a really good day! see, i'm an intern at this hotel, and we had our morning briefing, and all of my supervisors said i look like i'm losing weight, and that i look a lot better than when i first came in. felt really good to hear that.

it's so hard interning at all the restaurants in the hotel, my supervisors always offer me a taste of this dish, that dish, that piece of cake, or other dangerous food...but i can resist it, or treat myself once a week to a little bite!

weighing in this saturday , i'm a little nervous!
kateconfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:53 AM   #29  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

I need to stop noticing the "ups" and "downs" too. I weigh every day... yesterday it said 133.5, today 135.5. I couldn't possibly have gained 2 pounds yesterday... so I'm thinking today I will just drink more water and eat on points and exercise the best I can. What else can you do????

Jen, you have 4 DDs? I'm jealous! But then, my 10 year is old is enough to drive anyone insane. Gotta love her though!!!
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:26 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

I weigh too often and I'm a shallow optimist. I change my ticker whenever there's a drop. Sooner or later ... I'll catch up.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote