Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:45 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

And that, my friends, is the end of my six day stretch. I'm weary! Since it's a long weekend, I told them I'd come in if need be. But I'm praying not! Ugh.

And just who decided nurses need pizza just because it's a holiday?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:19 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 157/133.4/130

Height: 5'5"

Okay, Friday to Friday, down 1 1/2 pounds - woot woot!

Now of course we have the long holiday weekend, full of parties and barbecues and out-of-town guests. . .

I don't think I'm gonna see that 139 by my birthday!
Su-Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:58 AM   #63  

Well Allison, you're a way cooler Mom than me. I went and bought a Creative Zen Stone ... bright pink! ... Serendipity, it was on sale! The lad, who likes the raucus stuff he put on mine, can just keep it!

But I'll have to listen one more time while my new one charges.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:24 PM   #64  

Height: 5'6

Barbara: I'm so proud of you for passing up all the goodies. You're a stronger woman than I am!

Mudpie: Don't fall into the trap....just remember it will take you at least twice as many days of calorie-cutting to make up for all those snack days! (believe me, I know from experience ) Go buy yourself a nice outfit or some new makeup or something instead!

I bought some Quaker breakfast cookies at around 200 cals each but 4g of fiber...they are pretty yummy! (my hubby says they taste like cardboard) Maybe I have been eating so much crappy diet food lately that anything tastes good!!!

My ticker moved back to 147!!! (Lowest weight in a long time!) Mini goal is 142...gonna make a mini-goal ticker today!
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:00 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I was 129 for a seond day in a row(actually it was a bit under 129 but I say 129 until I see a solid 128). Did my errands now I have to do some housework and I hope my leg will let me do lunges this afternoon.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:07 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I got a new toy, too, Susan! I bought a new digital camera. DD decided my old Canon digital must accompany her to China. Well, I'm not about to take a disposable to Hawaii on my trip! Got a really cute little Casio camera and frankly it is tons better! The Canon is only 2 years old and cost $450. This one was only $179 and has 7.2 megapixels (Canon has 5) and it has all these really cool preset things to help take the perfect picture in any situation! So much easier to understand, too!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:25 PM   #67  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Susan Hopefully you don't get called in, you need the rest (and probably caffeine too )

Allison Wow! Great camera (one of those things I wanna buy when I saved enough) -- the one I have is a clunky and big 3 megapixel from 2003 - I think that one costed around $300. Everytime I see one of those mini-digitals being whipped out from people's pocket, I get a little green inside -- mine's as "pocket portable" as 3 decks of playing cards.

CM Congrats on hitting and staying at 129 -- I was not so lucky with my 140 figure yesterday... today I'm 141.2 (but I weighed myself post breakfast & LOTS of water from exercise).
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:39 PM   #68  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelinwoman View Post
I bought some Quaker breakfast cookies at around 200 cals each but 4g of fiber...they are pretty yummy! (my hubby says they taste like cardboard) Maybe I have been eating so much crappy diet food lately that anything tastes good!!!
So true! I've eaten non-fat this and sugar-free that for so long, I think some of this stuff only tastes good because I've forgotten what the real stuff tastes like! Sometimes people will see me buying my NF, SF foods in the grocery store and ask if they are any good. I'm always enthusiastic in my response, but sometimes I wonder if I'm really the best person to ask.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:13 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Barbara~too true! I have gotten so used to fat free Kraft mayo that I can't handle the real thing any longer! However, there is one fat free or low fat item that I never have gotten a taste for--sour cream. I love it too much and the fake versions taste like skim milk with flour mixed in to thicken it! I am trying to move to ff Greek yogurt in lieu of sour cream, but I just haven't braved it on my Mexican food yet! LOL
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:41 PM   #70  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

allinell, sour cream is another thing that I haven't eaten in so long, I think I've forgotten what it tastes like. I cannot go through even a small tub of sour cream before it goes bad, so I refuse to buy it. Most of the time I just don't bother with it and don't miss it. If I do want the flavor of sour cream, I use TJ's nonfat Greek yogurt (even on Mexican food) and I swear, I cannot tell the difference.

And that Greek yogurt is my go-to food. I love it; it's possible I'm developing some sort of addition to it. I use it on cereal instead of milk; in sauces instead of sour cream; in tuna, egg, and salmon salads instead of mayonnaise; and today I'm going to eat it on oatmeal instead of milk. And of course I eat it straight. I swear, soon I'll be spreading it on sandwiches and stirring it into my coffee.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:38 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Barbara and Allison, yes, isn't it funny how we get used to our own food? This is kind of off topic, but what you're talking about reminds me of my experience earier this week. I got sucker punched into eating at Golden Corral Monday night of this week (I was at the beach staying with friends, and it was their choice. As the guest, I couldn't get out of it). Now, I have never been a Golden Corral and could only actually remember going there about once in the last decade, but still I thought, well, surely they'll have a fantastic salad bar and lots of veggies and things. It was a horrendous experience! I was actually kinda grossed out just looking at the food and by the smell of the place. Of course everything was just swimming in butter and grease. Flies abounded near and on the food, kids were screaming, but people were just eating it up (literally and figuratively). Ugh. I kept thinking of what I could've been having at home instead - ugh again.

Also, Barbara - thanks for the muffin recipe. I'm going to try it. Although I will buy the TJ ones again. I didn't have the mold problem, but I did keep them in the fridge. DH and I each ate one for 3 days straight and they were gone. Good breakfast or snack.

Aqua - sounds like you are doing great! I'm sure the extra lb. this morning was water weight.

Canadian Mom - Congrats to you too... so close to goal!!!

I have had a good week. I'm still maintaining at 138, but I believe I'll see a drop next week. I worked out a lot this week, and except for the golden Coral night, eating/calories were pretty good too.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 02:27 AM   #72  
Token Rooster? ;)

S/C/G: 185/138/~135 to maintain

Height: 5' 6"

Yay! Weekend is finally upon us -- anyways, I felt a bit tired after work today so I took a nap (fortunately, I got my day's exercise out of the way in the morning, because I thought I was gonna hit the town tonight.)

Also ate a little over plan today -- 1,800... not superbad, but probably enough to offset the burn from exercising, oh wells, guess I was over-excited about eating solids again after days of mooshy stuff due to my canker sores - tomorrow is another day & attempt at this (though for the week I think I averaged 1,600, given how I ate below-normal during my "mooshy food" phase)

I also got my order of vitamuffins (yes, I succumbed to the ad on these forums... my indirect way of supporting 3FC ) -- they're not as good as Penny's Low Fat Muffins (even though these are 80-100 compared to Penny's 100-135), kinda bland on the flavors.
AquaWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 07:14 AM   #73  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
I'm glad everyone else is doing quite well this week.

I have given up for the moment and am just eating and eating and eating . Trying to make the government's destruction of my job go away. I know it's not working but I don't feel like doing anything except maybe crying my eyes out for about a week .

I usually get over my drama in about 3 days so should be back to dieting/posting by next week. We have a long weekend here so I will just hide until next Tuesday.

have a good weekend all

Dagmar
Aw, Dagmar . Believe me I know how rough this is. I've had a really bad few weeks and have avoided the site because I can't come across all upbeat and perky when I'm secretly bingeing. I sometimes think that it's just not possible to do this without a major blowout from time to time. I do however find that after an "episode" I find some major resolve from somewhere and drop another few pounds. Come back Tuesday and go for it with a vengeance.

I've just had the most ridiculous breakfast Anyhow, I've realised that the day is salvageable so I'm going to plan the rest of the day, read and post here and check some non American sites that might be active as you guys appear to have a holiday weekend. I don't knw why I ate what I just did - especially since the scale said 143.0 this morning. I don't know how it said that either especially after the weeks I've had.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:38 AM   #74  

Don't avoid us! Just pop in and say good morning even.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:04 AM   #75  
How Bad do you want it?

S/C/G: 140/135.5/120

Height: 5'1"

Hmmm...

I thought I was doing ok this week, put a preliminary weigh in showed me UP 3lb!!!!

Unacceptable! So now I'm tweaking. I think it's time to micro-manage my eating and add another 30 min to my exercise routine when time allows. So now I'm into calorie counting...

My attempts to plan so far have been an abysmal failure so I'm going to try calorie counting until I know and memorize what a 300 calorie meal looks like. Today's breakfast was 300 cal and it didn't look a whole lot like what I've been eating!

Live and learn, at least I'm faithful to the workouts!

cuppa
cuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote