Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:56 AM   #76  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Looking for support

Hello,

I woke up this morning asking for a support group as I get back on track with my eating and exercising. I'll give this a try.

10 years ago, I implemented the Fit For Life eating plan and I LOVED it! For me it is excellent, as no matter what I eat, I feel light in my belly and full of energy. For me, feeling light in my belly is crucial as I have so much judgement and focus on that area of my body. Feeling light in the belly, removes the judgement like nothing else I have tried. So, I really want to get back to that way of eating.

I am doubtful that I will follow through. So far, so good.

I had a bowl of fruit salad this morning. I plan on making a fruit shake before noon. Salad for lunch. For dinner, a vegetable juice cocktail, vegetable soup, chicken, veggies and salad. My biggest challenge will be around 3PM and after dinner. I plan on going for a bike ride around 3PM and after dinner, to get my scrapbooking project out (no TV!!) and maybe do some yoga poses. And if I am hungry, I will make myself yet another delicious fruit shake.

Now only time will tell!

Peace!

Carolyn

Last edited by Clykk; 06-30-2007 at 11:03 AM.
Clykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:27 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Red face Can't find Fitday

Could someone please tell me how to get to the "fitday" set-up. I looked for it in all the profile stuff, FAQ's etc. but couldn't locate it.

I'm such a techie - NOT!

Thanks,
Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:43 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Dagmar - visit fitday.com to set up an account.
On the homepage it says free online account - click there and it should walk you through the rest.
Let me know if you get stuck.

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:43 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Dagmar~for fitday, go to www.fitday.com and register for the online version (you'll need to choose a user name and password). Once in you click on the links on the left to input your stats (height, weight, etc) and then click on the foods link and start looking for the food you eat. The activities link will allow you to enter your exercise each day.
Hope that helps!

Clykk~Welcome!!!! You can do it! Don't doubt yourself! Look around at all the different areas here at 3FC and choose a plan that works for you. A lot of us are calorie counters, but there are a few Weight Watchers in this group, also. Come back here often for encouragement. We're all here to help!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:47 PM   #80  
Living Light

Thanks for the encouragement! The morning went off as planned. Now to lunch. 2 more hours and it will be 3 PM. Exercise. That's the plan. Not a Chai Latte.

Carolyn
Old 06-30-2007, 02:42 PM   #81  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone. I worked last night and now I'm on vacation again! I am going to do absolutely nothing except a party on the 4th of July.

I maintained this week! I was so excited after having gone to Chicago and eating & drinking more there. I'm just so much more aware than I used to be though and I'm sure that helps alot
I went to a fair yesterday and I ate too much there but again, I just couldn't (wouldn't!) eat like I used to. Still felt yucky when I left so I still have a lot to learn

Ok, off to go do NOTHING!!!! Hope everyone has a great weekend. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:41 PM   #82  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

oh man, I accidently consumed an extra 250 calories yesterday! I hate it when that happens! My Safeway has had Sobe drinks on sale and I've been buying the diet green tea ones for variety. Well, unfortunately, I wasn't paying attention and a regular one slipped in. And when did I figure this out? After I drank the whole bottle, of course! 250 calories isn't the end of the world (or the diet, for that matter) but if I was going to consume an extra 250 calories, I definitely wouldn't have chosen to waste them on a non-alcoholic beverage!

AquaWarlock--that's good to know about the vitamuffins. I love Penny's and have been thinking about trying vitamuffins. The only thing that has stopped is that they are smaller in size than Penny's (hence the lower calories). But if they aren't as good, I'm going to stick with Penny's.

walking2lose--yeah, you definitely have to keep the TJ's fiber cakes in the fridge. Even in the fridge, mine develop mold after a week. But they hold up just fine in the freezer. When you are ready to eat one, you can just pop it in the micro for 30 second and it is good as fresh.

And I feel for you on the Golden Corral trauma. I confess, I've never eaten there, but it seems wholely unappealing to me; I can't imagine why anyone eats there. But there are a lot of restaurants (esp. chains) I feel that way about; I guess I'm a bit of a restaurant snob.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 08:49 PM   #83  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Clykk, (Carolyn) , I believe the Fit for Life concepts can be a God-send for anyone who just needs to stop, look and listen to their body for awhile. I completely agree with the light feeling it can give, and the blessed lifting of diet-decision-making-pressure! I go back to those concepts anytime I feel I just need a jump-start again for my healthy eating.
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:02 AM   #84  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Well I snuck on the scales this morning to see if I really was 143 (having been 144 for over a month) and I was 142.2 I'm claiming it and have changed my ticker. I still feel as fat as I did at 158 though.

I'm round my brother's tonight so I have no control over what I'm going to eat but I've planned carefully and have 800 calories left for whatever it is he gives me. He's a really healthy creature so I'm not too worried.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:30 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Good morning and Happy Canada day!

Remember to grill your lean proteins and accompany them with lovely vegetables ... and mind the wine

Hi Clykk! It's nice to have another Featherweight around.

How's Dagmar making out with fitday?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:08 AM   #86  
Living Light

Doughnut, I know what you mean about not feeling that you are at the weight you are. That is why I chose the Fit For Life way of eating for me. It makes me feel light which allows me to stop using the size of my belly for a reference point as to whether I am okay or not.

My first day yesterday was a success! I feel light this morning! Yeah!!!!!!!!

I will be going to the fireworks tonight for Canada Day. I commit to NOT eating any ice-cream! I'll make myself a fruit shake before I go out. That always fills me up.

Peace!

Carolyn

[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/]

"Know thyself, there is nothing else to seek." A Course In Miracles

Last edited by Clykk; 07-01-2007 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:29 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

WTG doughnut!!!

Keep at it Clykk!!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 04:26 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Welcome, Carolyn! Sounds like you are right on track!

Susan, what's Canada all about? I take it, it's celebrated with lots of cook outs and what not. Fill us in...

Barbara, I feel ya' on the drink mistake. Oh, well. I also don't get the appeal of a Golden Corral, or actually for almost any buffet I've been to. I think that the main appeal, sadly, is that one can just eat and eat and eat and eat. For the most part, I don't care for chain restaurants either. I'd rather go to a locally owned, preferably ethnic, any day of the week over an Applebee's, Ruby Tuesdays, Cheeseburger in Paradise, etc. I have one group of girlfriends who for some reason are enamored with Cheeseburger in Paradise. I just don't get it. We went recently to celebrate one of my friend's b-days - it was her choice. It was loud, crowded, and there was virtually nothing much to eat that I felt good about eating. It killed me knowing I could be having a delicious and relatively healthy sushi meal or Thai or whatever, and here we were in Cheeseburger in Paradise...Ah, well...

I'm off to walk with my mom, and then I plan to bike too. It's a beautiful day here, and I hope it is wherever you are too!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 04:26 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Susan, I meant "Canada Day" not just "Canada." Duh.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:55 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Well I had an eventful weekend. I finally go tmy hair cut It was to my butt now it is to my shoulders then my sunglasses broke right after so my DD1 and I came went and I got new ones, About 5 mins after my mom rop DD2 off DD1 comes home from a friends house screeming she broke her arm after 6hours in emerg and the possibility of surgery loomng over her head (they couldn't tell the damage at first cause she has odd arms because of a hyperextension she has and her growth plate) the diagnostics were she broke her arm but just missed the growth plate so no surgery but a really hungry tummy cause of the threat of surgery she couldn't eat. Then Yesterday was Canada Day so she is REALLY tired and sore(we go downtown for the day from lunch til midnight for the celebrations). Summer gonna suck for her this year. we have to go into the fracture clinic to get checked out every week and xrays every so often to make sure it is healing alright and doesn't require surgery. On the good side I have droppped 2 pounds

I hope all is well with everyone else.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote