Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-28-2007, 11:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Featherweights Planning & Chat for Apr 29 -May 6

The last few pounds are different, don't you think?
You get the hang of eating less and moving more and fat loss happens. You're prit darned near at goal. Or at least slimmer. Or, as Carolyn has said, almost a maintainer.
It's now that you become aware that there is 'something else' afoot here.
You could be a bit faster or stronger.
Your tummy could be a bit flatter, your shoulders a bit more shapely, your booty a bit more firm.
You, altogether, could be tighter, fitter, hotter

There's a nebulous 'something' out there. Eat less and move more become two headings with several points involved.

A new week is beginning. Take time to think it over. What can we do this week to achieve that little leap from good to better?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:50 AM   #2  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

OK---had an ok day yesterday. A bit over plan, but considering dinner with friends, not bad. And better than I've been most of the week
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:05 AM   #3  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Susan and ennay.

Susan I loved that "slide" over here from the last thread! Wheeee! Very philosophical thread opening! I don't think I'm quite at the point of just the "bits" being needful, but definitely do think plans and results change now. Yes, there's more under the "headings" of eating and moving now. It's not as simple (as much like, "anything would help") as it used to be. We really need to THINK now and make more specific decisions.

ennay, your last post about forgetting April wasn't so far off for me - really the least productive month in a while for me. I think I even had more success in crazy December. But none of that matters - May will be super!

Had a really good week, and am on 6th day of 7 of Back to Basics eating (phtuuoooy, no white flour, phtuuoooy! ). More exercise than usual (my workouts have the slogan "Less is More", but sometimes it's good to shake things up). There's been extra activity too with gardening.
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

Hey, y'all. Just checking in.

I think I mentioned that I bought two months of cardio-kickboxing at a charity auction. Well, yesterday was the first class. I lasted 25 out of the 50 minute class. I was sucking air after the warm-up if that tells you anything. Plus, the door was at the front of the room, so I couldn't "slink" out and had to do it in front of EVERYONE!

So, my goal for this week in addition to eating right and doing my regular weight workout is to keep going back to cardio-kickboxing.

What doesn't kill me makes me stronger, right?
KylieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I wish I could join a class like that but with the hubby's hours and 4 kids it is just too hard and expensive but this week wheb the hubby gets pais i think I am treating myself to new weights....Boy I will be hurting once I get them...lol
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I thought I had a good day yesterday. Apparently not. The scale was up more than I have been since January! Time to buckle down! I planned and planned yesterday and made two trips to the store (regular grocery and Trader Joe's). I have salads for at least two lunches, ww pizza dough for one dinner, lean meats and lf cheese for a "grilled" club sandwich one night, etc. My menu is set for the week (for dinners at least). I have egg whites, strawberries and "sausage" for breakfasts. I think I'll be good--I should lose a pound or so this week. I'll need to monitor my calories and restrict my wine and it should be all good.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 03:53 PM   #7  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

I've been so-so really. Generally on plan but when I go off plan I go way off with the "sod it, I've blown it now anyway" attitude. This website (well the people on it) has gone a long way to rectifying one of my previous huge problems - jacking it ALL in when I caved into chocolate cake or something. I can't believe I spent so many years doing that - what a waste. However, i still haven't conquered the "gone 100 calories over, might as well make that 1000" issue. Until I manage that I'm going to continue bouncing and maintaining.

Plans for this week? TO MAKE IT THROUGH ONE SINGLE SOLITARY WEEK COMPLETELY ON PLAN. It can't be that hard, surely? I've 10 weeks till I'm going to be seen in my swimming costume - eek!

Ennay- I'm with you. Let's forget April and move on
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:13 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Doughnut? a whole week? Yeesh, I trouble staying on plan for one day.

My problem today might be popcorn. A coworker and I were relaxing at the nurses station, she said ... Susan, look at your stomach. You're so bloated! My BP was up too. Hmmm .... better stick to my Superfoods for a few days.

So my plan? ... superfoods mostly, most days (1400 cals or so), walk/jog 6 times and weights twice.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 168.5/167.5/140

Height: 5' 1"

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd check in before this thing gets too long. Today was actually a good day. Did plenty of walking in 75 degree weather (beautiful). Of course it was for work, but one can't be too picky. And at lunch I managed to stop myself before I went back for seconds, which is something I have trouble with sometimes. Plus, I tried to choose the healthiest things on the Wendy's menu. Granted, I did splurge and got a Fix and Mix Frosty, but it was less calories than if I got a small Frosty. But what I'm really proud of is that I managed to stop myself from overeating at supper too. I'm finding that to be a good thing, since I'm like many people, if I deny myself something I have a tendency to overindulge on it later. Now if I can just get myself to start moving more.
Dawnslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:47 PM   #10  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Hello!
Wow April has just flown by.... And I made no progress. And slide backwards just a little. Well, it could be worse.

I'm officially moved back in at home (with exception to my desk/work area, it still looks quite the mess).... And things are going to be strained I believe. My grandma began to age rapidly this year, and as of right now she is living with my family.

On other news I start back in with exercising tomorrow, with a run and an aerobics class. I've also begun eating smaller meals and what not today.

SusanWhat a way to begin a thread. And I have to add, a person should make sure they don't become obsessed with those little things. There is a point where nothing else is coming off.

KylieCardio-Kickboxing?! Oooh soungs like fun! Keep going and before you know it, you'll make it through the entire class.

Whittlin No white flour? Good for you. That's so hard to cut out, even though it's so bad for your body...

Allison YAY for planning!! Always helps me to have a flexible plan.

Doughnut You can do it! Just take the week one day at a time, and before you know you'll be done, and have been on time!

Good luck everyone I"m sure I'll be back here soon.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:48 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Red face Food "gifts"

Visited my dad on Saturday - evil, evil man pressed 1/4 of a chocolate cake on me. Told him I was dieting so his reply
"Well this will only add 1/4 lb. or so and I can't eat it because of my blood sugar being too high" (the guilt whip comes out)

If he'd handed me a head of lettuce I bet I'd have thrown it out immediately. Does anyone else feel compelled to eat food "presents" that are BAAD,BBAAD,BAAAAADDD?

Of course I ate it in front of the TV, all in one go, and woke up with a major sugar crash at about 2 a.m.

But that was last week right? And I'm already one day ahead - Sunday - (usually I begin again every Monday) back on plan for this coming week.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:08 PM   #12  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Mudpie I can totally relate.

First my husband brings back a huge tray of cookies and danishes from some conference he had. Then he buys a thing of some decadent hagendaz and buys a box of tofuti cuties for the kids to eat in the car. I thought about a cutie but read the ingredents and opted for a Kashi bar instead. Still full of sugar and carbs but its the weekend and I'm gonna live it up (within reason of course).

I have not given into temptation. My house has been sugar mad! Oh well.

Ran 6.5 miles today whoopeee.

Down another pound but for disclosure I am expecting to be up again next week as the same thing happened last week. But every new low deserves a celebration!

Scale keeps telling me that I am loosing BF as well as lbs. Yay for that. I am still "over fat" but at least I am not Obese like it said when I bought it. Cruel irony that once I get a healthy BMI that darned scale calls me obese. I'll show that little bugger I'll go lift some heavy object. Hmpf!
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:09 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

I did pretty much the same thing I always do last week and so I got the same results . . no loss and no gain . This is crazy! I'm not in this to maintain. This week I will not eat out as much and I WILL EXERCISE! I started this weekend with pretty good numbers calories and fat wise. I cleaned my house from top to bottom yesterday and I did lift weights and rode my exercise bike today . May is my month (Indianapolis 500). DH is a mechanic in the Indy Racing League and I am at the track quite a lot. I bet I walk 3-6 miles a day when I'm there (it's a big place) so I intend to make the most of it this year. I will drop some pounds this month!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:55 PM   #14  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

hikerchick, I find the body fat measurement on my scale very very inaccurate It says I am still very very over fat and I dont buy it for a minute
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:28 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Hi all,

I haven't posted on this thread before, but I'm going to give it a try... yes, the last few pounds are some kinda TOUGH. They hang on to my hips, thighs, and belly for dear life. And I become complacent and then tend to slide back up a couple lbs. here and there. Anyway, think I may stick around here a bit and see what the featherweights can teach me!

The weekend wasn't too bad, thanks to Susan's enouraging 'one good day' thread. That helped! Exercised both days and I have my bike loaded in my car to ride after work tomorrow.

Went grocery shopping so I'm stocked with healthy foods for the week. Will be packing a healthy lunch tomorrow. I have to hang in next few days because I know my weekend at the beach is going to be potentially deadly - I plan to run or bike every day we're there to counteract all the margaritas I'll be drinking! I confess... I can't wait to relax and yes, have a few drinks and good meals!

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy Monday!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote