Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-23-2007, 07:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Featherweights Planning & Chat for Apr 23th-29th

Good Monday morning!
How did last week go? Anything upon which you can improve? I was on vacation so there's lots of room for improvement

Today is the first shift of my new full-time position. I feel fairly optimistic about sorting my life around a sturdier schedule. Planning lunches, scheduling in exercise .... weights will be the trick for me. For some reason a walk seems relaxing but lifting weights when I'm tired from working ????

Hug your children. Warn them about speed and seatbelts and like Ilene says "Let's be careful out there".
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:51 AM   #2  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Oh there is nothing about last week that couldnt be improved on, simply awful.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:17 AM   #3  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
Hug your children. Warn them about speed and seatbelts and like Ilene says "Let's be careful out there".
Did I miss something EDIT: The whole of last weeks thread by the looks of it Are seatbelts not law over there Suse?

Hello all! Last week was like Ennay's pretty darn awful! I had the bytch from **** ragging me in a car park, I was exhausted beyond belief and I didn't get any weights in whatsoever.

Today I am happy, rested, and the brain is in gear.

I have started Marathon Training! I ran a whole mile at lunch (It's 26 weeks away, a mile more a week and it should be un piece de gateau! ) My knee is doing ok considering....

I did some weighted ab stuff - the weights bit was being hogged by 4 men on ALL the benches and equipment and there was no room for little old me, so I will lift lots tomorrow when I can get in the weights bit earlier and when I don't need to run.

We had a really nice weekend, we were hiking on Saturday - I was leaping from boulder to boulder when we were gulley scrambling and I ran some mountain trails rather than just walking.

Yesterday we watched the London Marathon and had lunch out. We lazed around in bed for the rest of the afternoon and I made apple crumble! Delish!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 10:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

I can't tell you how happy I am to see last week gone! This week will be MUCH better. I've got a busy schedule, but it's all do-able. I'm seriously considering signing up for some personal training sessions. For the past couple of weeks, I've been wondering how close this old body could get to a fitness model's. (Hmmm...??) GRIN
KylieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Last week seemed okay.....

Still my little scale is not cooperating. Actually thanks to the body fat calculator I see that my percentages are down so I think I am indeed loosing a bit of fat. Still it tells me that my body fat is ridiculously high. I think I have just gotten out of the "obese" range and into the "overfat" range. Kind of unforgiving. Still those numbers are going down. Still I would love to see the total number smaller. It would give me more of a change at actually doing a pull up too which would be a bonus.
hikerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone! I'm back from my convention and up a pound or so since leaving--but I thought I would be. Food was horrible! nothing but carbs for breakfast and very little protein all day long. Yuck! We did skip an evening shopping spree to go to dinner at a steakhouse (we were craving protein!). Anyway, 3 days off of work and I'm SWAMPED!!!!

Have a great day everyone!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:14 PM   #7  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I'm sick! I was sick all weekend and I'm still sick today. Possibly even feeling worse. Some sort of head cold. It used to be these things were predictably over in three days, but lately every illness I get is different. Hopefully this one won't last as long as the last one.

I was planning to change things around this week since what I've been doing for the past couple of weeks clearly wasn't working. My plan was to reduce my cardio to just half an hour on T-Th and reduce my calories to 1200-1300. That's what I did for the first 20 lbs I lost, and those lbs came off pretty smoothly. It was only for the last 10 lbs, when I started increasing my exercise (and, consequently, needing to eat more) that I started having so much trouble. I'm on plan in terms of eating, which is a really good thing because I can't exercise while I feel this way (I'm feeling pretty good to be up off the couch ), so my exercise is down to nothing. Maybe I can try to go for a walk later.

Oh well, I guess there's always next week.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

I am still in my plateau of 141. I never did get back to my ticker weight of 140, except one other time. Often I wait to change the ticker but I was so confident this time.. Oh well. My deficit is adding up to about 12.5 pounds (since I started logging the deficit 14 weeks ago) but I've only lost a total of 10. Up til now the deficit chart was so accurate! I'm trying to keep the faith that I'll have some big 2 pound weightloss for 2 weeks so my deficit catches up with pounds lost, like it was for the first 12 weeks. Ugh!

Good luck staying on plan everyone.

Blue to Blue, dont hurt yourself trying to take a walk if you're sick. You deserve a break.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 148/144/130

Height: 5'5

Hey all, thank goodness for a new week, my weekend was horrifying. Anyone ever have hagan dazs icecream, mayan chocolate. If you have, you know about my weekend.

Susan- What's your new job?

2frustrated- I admire you!

hikerchick- you've been doing a lot of exercise, I wouldn't be surprised if your trading fat for muscle.

alinnel- Welcome back

Barbara- You slay me, sick and worried about exercise, wish I had your dedication. Get well soon!

Well, back to 1400 cal. a day and I'm going to try to pump up the exercise.

Dana
Sodiumlightbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:05 PM   #10  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

It's not so much dedication as it is being a control freak. It drives me when stuff that I can't control, like being sick, forces me off plan. It's one thing when I go off plan because I made a decision to do that, but I hate the stuff that I can't control. Plus, I know from other times when I've had to take a break from my exercise program that you lose it so quickly and it is such a struggle to get it back... I am not looking forward to that first day back in the gym. And the longer I am out, the harder it will be.

And really, I was thinking of a short, leisurely walk around the neighborhood, nothing that would even get my heart rate up. Just something to get me off the couch and out of the house. I can see that the sun in shining and it looks like a nice day; it might be nice. It's just a head cold, I'm not on my deathbed or anything. A little bit of exercise is good for a head cold. But work is quickly spinning out of control and I'm not sure I'm going to have time.

SusanB, I just read your posts in last week's thread and I'm so sorry to hear about your boss's son.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:11 PM   #11  

2frustrated: Marathon running - WOW!!!

Barbara: Hang in there. I've had to miss swing dancing since last Tuesday and have not been able to exercise at all this week b/c of fluid in my lungs. Tonight will be my first day back at water aerobics. I know how you feel (((HUGS)))

My good news: had an annual exam today (so fun let me tell you - ugh) but they weighed me and I've lost six pounds since september when they last weighed me.

That's awesome, because I was not trying to lose any more weight between September and about one month ago, I had exceeded my original goal at the time of 155- so basically I lost those six pounds in the last month.

I only have another ten to lose according to their scale, until I'm in a normal healthy height/weight range, which is awesome. I'm going to go 5 lbs under that, so I have a bit of a cushion and then see what things look like. They felt that 125 may be too small for me, and to get to 135 and assess. So; I've moved my goal to 130.

I'm looking forward to this week - the scale has really been starting to move. Today I saw the lowest number on my home scale ever!
YuppieGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:40 PM   #12  

Height: 5'6

Something interesting. I logged everything I ate the other day and was within my calorie range of 1600. When I looked up my points on Weight Watchers I was way over the recommended daily points! Maybe I need to try a point system instead of calories. Maybe it is just time to joint WW instead of being a cheap-o and trying to create my own program
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 04:52 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 168.5/167.5/140

Height: 5' 1"

I am so glad last week is over with. Maybe this week I'll get off my behind and actually try to lose weight. I do have to say this much, I'm just glad I didn't gain. If I can't lose what I've got than it's better to stay where I'm at.

Dawnslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:28 PM   #14  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Good afternoon everyone. I've not been in here for a while. No real reason, just working a lot.

My best friend moved to Connecticut (sp?) for 3 years and she is in town for a few days so we went shopping and out to lunch today. We had a great time and some very good bloody marys at lunch.

I've been doing fine with eating & exercising. I just stay the same but I don't really feel like eating less or exercising more at this point so I'm fine with maintaining.

It's been raining here the last few days but today it is pretty nice out, just a little chilly (by my standards anyway ).

Ok, gotta run. Hope everyone has a very successful week. Jane
greatchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Hey ladies, like every other monday back to work I didn't have much of an appetite. That is such a blessing I must tell you, though sometimes I get so hungry I get that sickly nateaous feeling. Not to change the subject but I'm quite a good speller and I cannot spell that word though I tried a bunch of different combinations (help). Strange..!

I'm pretty easy on myself; sort of the opposite of Barbara. If I'm not feeling well then I'll definitely HAVE to forego the gym . But you go B!

SusanB, did you just change from changeable shifts to regular or something? Good luck on your new job!

Michelinwoman, that is an odd result but I know WW assigns higher points to certain types of foods despite maybe having the same number of calories per portion (like say a bagel vs a salad). They did just had that article on MSNBC or somewhere like that and it was also posted on 3FC about how high glycemic versus low glycemic diets had no impact on weightloss -- it really was cals v. cals out. On the other hand, the people I've met who've done WW have really done well on it so there's definitely something to be said about that.

Allison, that extra pound is probably just some water weight from the nice glass of wine at the convetion .

Yuppiegirlie, I can't believe how much weight you've lost already. And then this added loss past your goal! Astounding. You must be feeling great these days. WHAT IS YOUR SECRET WOMAN!? Don't leave us out .

Hikerchick, not only have I been on a plateau but my body fat % seemed to increase by .3. I'm glad yours was actually down.

Sodiumlightbaby, thanks for the haggen dazs suggestion..perhaps I'll give it a try on my next binge .

Dawnslight and ennay, join the "doing bad" club. How'd you do today? So far so good for me. I'll try being accountable to you ladies and see how well I do. Of course nothing like that ever works for me..I'll fess up but will still over eat if I feel like it. No will power whatsoever!

Kylie, do you have any experience working out with weights? Getting a trainer is a great idea to learn stuff and get motivated (especially when you're paying..can't stand the trainer up now can ya).

2frustrated, I've been admiring your workout routine for months . You are hard core woman! If I do about 1/2 what you do at the gym I'm feeling good about myself. My routine (which I've done for about 7 or 8 months out of the year for the past almost 15 years, since 1993) is an easy (lazy?) 30 minutes 2 to 3 (but usually 2) times per week. I'll do 2 chest (I'm up to 35 lbs in each hand for the presses), 2 or 3 shoulder, 1 tri, 2 leg, plus some abs; the next time I'll do 2 back, 2 or 3 shoulder, biceps, and maybe 1 leg plus some abs. Rather than doing a bunch of sets, I do 2 sets of 12 to 15 reps of each exercise with fairly heavyish weights. I just got a gym quality home elliptical so I've been using that a lot lately as well.

Hi greatchoice

Donut, if you're lurking, check in and let us know how things have been going!

Good evening everyone

Last edited by Mami; 04-23-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote