Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:31 AM   #61  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Allison - glad you're back. I think at one point you were away at the same time as Susan B which shouldn't be allowed! All that was needed was for Ilene to disappear at the same time and it'd be like "um, now what"?
Okay, all three blush at the same time!

Elanajel, Hi. We probably should give in to small cravings every once in a while. This is not solitary confinement, just sensible eating! Mine might be a Kit-Kat, too.

Barbara, feel better! Now. Do it right away. Don't hesitate. Ok?

Bill Cosby said the second child is not adding one more. It is "children to the second power".

Cannot see back far enough in posts to find who mentioned irritation with conflicting info/opinion out there re: dieting. But wanted to add that I don't believe it's fair to say dieting causes the "bounce back" to an even higher weight. It's not the dieting, it's that we may not make the new weight "our own" by maintaining, and instead abandon it. But say a person is steadily gaining weight over the years and wakes up to 200 pounds one day, decides to diet and does lose but eventually gains back to 205. Would "experts" have us believe that if that person had never noticed/cared/tried at all that they wouldn't be past 205 by then anyway? We need to remember that the impetus for almost every diet is a trend UP in weight that needs to be addressed, and without attempting to change that trend, it is bound to get worse. Now, this has to do with our culture and abundance right now, sure, but how silly to criticize the concept of dieting. Off my high horse now!

New back-to-basics eating described yesterday is a big success in 24 hours! I was up 4 pounds (pay no attention, it's fleeting) and this morning am back down 2. TaDa! More proof that "It's the white flour, stupid!" (I really need to cross-stitch that and frame it, ya know.) With the planned 7 days eating like this (I am pigging out on lushious fruit, big pretty salads with whatever happy proteins seem nice, and had lean roast beef with whole grain bread last evening) I will be baaaaaacck.
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:01 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Golly! I don't sign on for a few hours and there are 2+ pages to read!!! Gotta love all the posts.

And yeah, I did blush! I never saw myself as anything special, but I DO notice when SusanB is away!!! It does get quiet at those times.

Who asked if older kids were easier? Wow, DD is 16. You know teenagers--they know everything and they don't hesitate to tell you how wrong adults are! Right now, DD has failed English and she doesn't seem to think it is a problem.....she wants to be a music teacher. I don't know of any college that will admit someone into EDUCATION after they've failed English!! But to her it's no big deal. Yikes. I still have a 12 year old son that I'll have to deal with soon.

I've got to run--I'll post more from work. Everyone have a wonderful day!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:16 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I notice when folks are missing but am always surprised when folks miss me. It's nice tho'.

Oh well, Allison and Ilene, we'll have to skip the drunken road trip to Mexico I guess.

I've been to the dentist (with my little white pill) and I'm so sloooow. I'll need a nap before work.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:09 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
I notice when folks are missing but am always surprised when folks miss me. It's nice tho'.

Oh well, Allison and Ilene, we'll have to skip the drunken road trip to Mexico I guess.

I've been to the dentist (with my little white pill) and I'm so sloooow. I'll need a nap before work.
Okay, we'll skip the trip!!! Either of ya want to join me in Vegas? We're going for a wedding in May....just a couple of days, though.

So how are the teeth coming along? How many more visits do you have to "look forward to"? Good luck with that (I remember you saying how hard it is for you to go).

Well, here I am at work. Ilene, you remember when we discussed that I didn't work so much at work?!?! Well, that all changed! One of the girls in the office quit and in order to cut down on expenses a bit, I volunteered to take over her job as well as do my own. Wow. She did a lot more than I realized! I am often up to my eyeballs with things to do and I haven't even learned it all yet. Then another employee got sick yesterday and I had to take her to urgent care. Fun....sitting there for almost 2 hours because I couldn't just leave her there. She's better and is coming in this afternoon.

Ennay, you were discussing vacations and how wonderful it would be to have 24 hours "off" without having to pay for it with double work before or after. That really made me think. The last vacation we went on (last summer) we were gone for 10 days or so in our motor home. I don't think I got any time off!!! First there is the two days or so of planning and packing and shopping. I have to stock the motorhome with food and drink for the whole trip (or at least most of it), make the reservations at all the RV parks along the way, make sure we have enough towels, etc. and make sure everyone packs the appropriate clothes. Once we leave, I do get some time to relax and read from time to time, but at every meal I'm back to Mom time fixing dinner! 10 days later, we return home and it all starts again--unpacking, washing all that laundry and shopping again because we're home again and the fridge is empty. It's making me tired just THINKING about a vacation!

Well, so much for my break! Gotta get back to work.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:17 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I haven't read the pages before I will have to read them tonight.
I binged REALLY bad last night. I was up all night sick. I think it was from nerves(I am so nervous about getting teeth pulled) but today I am doing better. i had a bag of mini eggs dark chocolate and now my tummy hurts so i think the binge is behind me. I am picking myself up and starting fresh today.

so far today I have had

B~ 1 cup rice krispies, .2 cup strawberries and .5 cup of 2% milk
S~ 1/3 cup french vanilla yogurt with .25 cup of stawberries and 1/4 cup of oatmeal
L~an egg with onion and cheese and a bag of mini eggs
for supper plan on
.5 pork loin chop with salad and vinigrette dressing
afternoon snack I will probably have an apple.

so far cals equal 928 I will also have an evening snack considering how much i ate yesterday i don't think going under today will mater but I figure if I have some cereal or oatmeal this eveing I will be fine.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:32 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughnut View Post
One of the other women just looked me up and down and said "that's quite a lot really, you'd think it'd show".
To quote mu DDs~ Oh no she didn't!!!! Lokk at this way she is just green with envy...
Old 04-25-2007, 12:39 PM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mami View Post
Am I fooling myself into thinking older kids are easier?
I have 10,9,4 and 2 1/2 years old and believe me they do not get easier believe it or not they get louder with a whole new set of problems(and no naps lol)

Other peoples kids are usually better behaved then yours they usually do not talk back.lol

sorry for all the post but I wanted to respond to some and I would never remember all of them by the end.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:56 PM   #68  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I thought my dd was getting easier...really. And I do think that either kid on their own isnt too bad. The problem is when you have them together all the stuff you thought was easy turns out not to be because of the juggling. So older is easier in someways, harder in others, but MORE THAN ONE is definitely harder.

Allison - I honestly think I am sick now because of the "vacation" over spring break a month ago. I was so freaking exhausted when we got home and woke up monday and looked around at the unpacking and laundry and everything and just started screaming.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:24 PM   #69  

Hey Allison ... I think I have four more appointments and then we're going to talk about implants. I have two embarassing gaps. But I get to take a little break because my new benefits kick in in June
It is hard. I heard a woman throught the office wall who could have used a little white pill. And I'd just as soon go back to bed then go to work soon. I'm such a pitiful weenie.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:36 PM   #70  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

SusanB, I'm proud of you.

You're being proactive and taking charge of an aspect of your health, even when it's not easy.

canadian mom, don't worry. This too shall pass. If you wrote this worry down and dated it and looked at it 6 months from now it would surprise you that you were so nervous, I bet. Hugs.

It's all good.
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:51 PM   #71  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian mom View Post
sorry for all the post but I wanted to respond to some and I would never remember all of them by the end.
I thought I was the only one who forgot everything by the end of reading 2 pages of posts ... I have to make notes sometimes

Don't get overworked Allison ;0 ... (sarcasm, me? noooo?)

Susan -- This too shall pass soon enough ... I am not looking forward for my DD to moving away either, I'll miss her sooo much the little ....

Whitllin -- I WAS definitely blushing but flattered all at the same time

Mami Other kids are definitely nicer than your own ... but if the other kid stayed long enough to get comfortable, don't you worry their true colours would show through... All in all though, I NEVER EVER regret having kids, although there are days I wonder why I did , does that make sense?

Today I spent 4 hours in the hospital with my dad for a colonoscopy, oh my but it was a long day, I'm tired... I didn't exercise and I won't ....

TTFN
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:27 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 168.5/167.5/140

Height: 5' 1"

This has been a busy week for my family. My dad had surgery on Monday, which was supposed to be on an outpatient basis. He ended up staying in the hospital until this afternoon. He's a bit . . . okay, quite a bit sore, but is in decent spirits. And since the hospital is only about a quarter of a mile from where I live I walked there to visit him. Which was nice.

And then yesterday I got my hopes up when I weighed myself. It said that I had lost 2 lbs, unfortunately when I weighed myself this morning I gained those 2 lbs back. It was nice while it lasted. However, I did get in my 64 onces of water for the day, which is rare.

As for the kids part, I don't have any of my own and to be honest at this time I don't want any. I have a 14 year old nephew and a set of 12 year old twins (another nephew and a niece) and they are a handful. And I don't remember who said it, but I agree that kids are easier to handle when there's only one. Besides those three I deal with about 250 plus adult children at work. And sometimes they are as bad as the real kids.

One last thing, Doughnut . . . don't listen to that woman. She's just jealous that you look great and she doesn't.

Dawnslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:39 PM   #73  

I always say that they get easier after the second one. I'd'a had a bunch if I'd been any good at. The little beggars just didn't wanna come out.

Thanks Whitlin ... I never thought of it that way. Me? Brave? hmmm

I'm proud of you gals who take care of your parents. There is not much sadder than a lonely old person.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:54 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Aaarrrggghhhhh!!!

I binged last night - 2 Snickers bars and 4 great big cookies. Why?? Because, since my cat is feeling much better it's my dad's turn to get sick.

My dad and I have never gotten along well but I'm the only child so, since he is 82 now, he expects me to drop everything whenever he has a small health crisis. I have a major thing starting at work today so I can't drop everything.

He is going to make me feel guilty for choosing work over him and I eat when I feel guilty. I'm stressed enough with having to leave my cat for 16 days.

There. Thanks for letting me vent. I'm going to go throw away the other 2 snickers bars and 4 cookies and get back OP today.
Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:45 AM   #75  

Got my flower bed cleaned out yeasterday now the kids can't wait to get the new soil and flowers in there they are gonna help pick them out and plant them.