Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-24-2007, 06:46 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Hey there feathers!

Doughnut, I must echo the rest of the group, that comment was just ridiculously rude and highly suspect. If it was actually true, and one was a decent person, one does not mention negative things like this to casual co-workers. Clearly she's jealous because she's gained weight..and a very bad and rude sport about it. Can we say "biatch"?

As for me, I'm STILL plateauing between 140 and 141.5. I cannot seem to get past 140 and by now I should have been, according to my *I thought* trusty calorie deficit chart, around 138. Ahhhh, now that I look at it its not such a big deal but it means I haven't lost in about 2 weeks. But you girls can relate to my wining, I'm sure. And I just ate steak, rice-a-roni, some Ritz baked chips, and a grape popsycle. And I'm STILL hungry!

Kylie, I've worked out with personal trainers here and there when they've trained me for free after I guess enjoying chatting with me at the gym. That hasn't happened in about 4 years or so but that's OK. Anyway, if you can afford it its definitely worth it for people to learn proper form and a bunch of different exercises. Its true that you will work harder with a trainer, but here in NYC it costs around $70 or more an hour so I'd rather spend it on my manicure, pedicure and massage with change leftover.

ennay and hikerchick, it seems like having an extra child makes all the difference. My 10 month old is really easy. Bless her heart, the little dear just fell asleep in her play yard. I'm still debating but its quite chill with one right now. I was thinking about adopting 2 slightly older children in a couple of years. Am I fooling myself into thinking older kids are easier?
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:42 PM   #47  

Hey everyone,
My week was hard too and last night, when I finally got the willpower to go swimming at 8:30 at night, we weren't allowed to go in because some stupid kid had pooped in the pool. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper. I still wanted to go swimming, but not in that water!

suerose
suerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:27 PM   #48  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mami
Am I fooling myself into thinking older kids are easier?

Too bad about your swim suerose Maybe tomorrow?
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 10:54 PM   #49  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mami View Post
Am I fooling myself into thinking older kids are easier?
maybe for about a week at age 9?

Seriously it just becomes a different kind of hard as you go along
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:44 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I miss my girl since she got married and moved three hours away. It's left me in a house full of men .... sigh. Yes, they are men now. Some days it's like having 2 or 3 husbands ... bless their pointed little heads!

And that biatch? She'd probably dress like a tart if she'd lost as much weight as you have. Stay cool, be above that, success is fabulous revenge.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 01:13 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Where's Sweettalker Carey?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:24 AM   #52  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB View Post
it's like having 2 or 3 husbands ... bless their pointed little heads!

And that biatch? She'd probably dress like a tart if she'd lost as much weight as you have. Stay cool, be above that, success is fabulous revenge.

And ditto about your doughnut! I'd say flaunt it BIG TIME in her direction!

Well I'm doing really well today (it's 9:20am) after a little slip yesterday. My body doesn't like a ton of crackers for "lunch" Eeeeeeeeee who'dda thought it??? So at the moment I'm aiming for 3-ish squares a day. I've just had scrambled eggs with cheese for brekky I might even still be hungry, but we'll see when I've sorted out my e-mails and stuff and after a cuppa

I'm off to the gym after work, rather than lunchtime because I am meeting up with the boys to go and see a silly martial arts movie and eat pizza Why does it always have to be junk with boys
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:38 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated View Post
I'm off to the gym after work, rather than lunchtime because I am meeting up with the boys to go and see a silly martial arts movie and eat pizza Why does it always have to be junk with boys
Pizza doesn't have to be junk food. My sweetie and I usually have a vegetarian pizza with whole wheat thin crust and ask them to just put 1/2 the regular amount of cheese on it. Maybe your friends would be willing to adjust their pizza tastes a bit to better fit in with your diet?

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:45 AM   #54  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I'm not bothered about the cheese and pepperoni and all that stuff. It's just Pizza Hut rather than a nicer pizza place. Bah! It's not even nice pizza, it's just junk pizza!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:54 AM   #55  

Question Technonot Part 2

So I've figured out the quotes (thank you Ilene), the smilies, and changed my tracker (1 lb. lost - YAAY!!). I've been trying to put a photo of the real Mudpie under my user name. My user CP shows the photo as my "current image" but I can't get it to show up on my profile. ??? Is there a help link I can access, rather than bothering all of you whenever I run into one of these problems?

Dagmar
Old 04-25-2007, 06:40 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
maybe for about a week at age 9?

Seriously it just becomes a different kind of hard as you go along
Yes, I did get the idea of the "good" kid from my friend's little 9 year old daughter who likes to spend weekends with me. She's such a little dear, I've just never met such a sweet child in my life. Was hoping the future "adoptees" will be just like her .

I really blew it yesterday evening. As I last advised, I had already eaten quite reasonably and should have just stopped. As it was, I ended up with a few more portions of Ritz baked chips and I'm estimating a total of 650 calories? I know, they sounded harmless right? "baked" and all! Snort. Its hard to estimate portion sizes though but there were 9 in the bag and the bag seemed rather empty. I"m guessing around 5 but who knows for sure.

Total ended up at 2238 calories for the day, with no exercise. Yippee

Better today!
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:52 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 148/144/130

Height: 5'5

Hey all
Mami- I know how you feel, I have a three year old and have been debating another one for awhile, it's tough. I would have to agree that it's just a different kind of hard, but won't it be nice when they can get up in the morning and make their own breakfast!

Dagmar- Congrats on your loss!

I lost another 2lbs, I'm not sure how I am losing so much, I haven't seen 135 in a long time. To think I might actually see t he 20's one day. Do you think it's possible that I am losing because I am actually working now? There is a lot of movement at a daycare, not to mention the travelling of picking up my daughter. Well, I'm not complaining!

Dana
Sodiumlightbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:04 AM   #58  
Woman on a Mission

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/120

Good morning! Finishing up breakfast before I go drag my little dudes out of bed. Today is a trip to the gym, grocery store, & kids karate class among other things. All the while I'm trying to get my house spic-&-span, laundry 100% done & packed as we are going to the beach Sat!! Yeah! Yesterday, ate perfect even though my am 40 min walk & pm 35 min walk were more leisurly than anything...aahhh, can't slack, even for one day, can you? I'm up .2 lb Expected to at least stay the same as I ate perfect.

Well, good day to you all! Off too the gym!
mamajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:27 AM   #59  

Talking Technohot!

Whoohoo! I got the photo sorted out. Sorry, rarely do I figure out computer stuff for myself so doing this was a real treat. Now if only I could solve the diet puzzle . . .

Dagmar
Old 04-25-2007, 08:03 AM   #60  

Wow, it's been a very active board this week! I ate such a virtuous dinner last night (stir-fried brown rice w/egg white and tofu, broccoflower, onion, mushroom); then sent DH out to the store to buy me a KitKat bar when he took an evening walk. What can I say, I just really needed a KitKat bar! I'm not usually a chocolate craver (I'm a hummus/feta cheese/tabouli/salty food type). It was small, tasty and worth the calories.

Today I have a parent-teacher conference w/DD's teacher (4th grade). The year has been OK, but generally boring, for her. She has close friends at the school and it's an easy walk from our house. In a different world we might consider a small private school but we are not exactly in a financial position to do that. I fantasize that I could teach at one (I'm a middle school teacher), and then we'd get a break on tuition. Well, one never knows.

Kickboxing class tonight--one of my favorites! The instructor is great, full of energy and lots of fun.

Take care, everyone.
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote