Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 04:22 PM   #91  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Well done Glad to help - it really does just become a good ol' habit once you get in the swing of things.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:26 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning!
Yesterday? Not as perfect. A few chips, ice cream and wine but ... good cals and exercise!
Old 02-17-2007, 08:18 AM   #93  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Morning all! Well it's afternoon here now I've had a good start to the day. I hopeped on the scales last night before bed and weighed 155.8 (at night) SO I reckon I'll meet my 155.0 target at Monday morning's official weigh in if I keep at it. Woke up this morning feeling all perky and did an hour's exercise before doing the morning chores and am now planning a shopping spree.

No big plans for tonight so I'm on course to stay POP.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:45 AM   #94  

S/C/G: Starting over

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all!

Well done doughnut! Sounds like you are doing all the right things.

My children decided that they really dig plain yougurt and fruit. So I think I can transition into a more healthy fridge with support from my younglings. DS says "can we get some frozen blueberries?" " oh I'm so excited" they are all about fruit. The baby has more of a sweet tooth but she is cool if I put some of that fruit only jelly in her yogurt. A little sweeter than just fruit but not as bad as the sugared yogurt.

Off I go on a quest for heavier weights. My little reward to myself for good habits is new toys.

Have a great weekend!
Old 02-17-2007, 11:45 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Good morning. I didn't bother adding up my calories yesterday because I knew my lunch blew it. But I'm happy to report that the scale only budged up half a pound! Officially, I am down 3 pounds in 3 weeks!!! I still have 5 to go until I get to where I was at Thanksgiving.

Lots of little chores to get done this weekend. That and that 5k I signed up for.

Have a great weekend!!
Old 02-17-2007, 04:58 PM   #96  
Ilene the Bean

Breakfast and snack #1 was good today but for lunch I had 3 cookies and a granola bar ... I had a good but difficult run this morning, difficult because the sidewalks were like running in granulated sugar, like running through mud... but I was out for an hour and 15 mins, and I'm sure I burned a heck of a lot of calories ...

Allison -- Like the pic in your siggie, which one are you? Good for you for signing up for a 5k

Hicker -- Heavier weights ... You're hooked now

Well I have to go shower, pick up DD go for supper and I will have only a salad and salmon... TTFN
Old 02-17-2007, 06:51 PM   #97  

Hooked? Me?

Sure am!
Old 02-17-2007, 07:16 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 182.5/137.5/140

Height: 5' 6"

It sounds like everyone is doing quite well... which is really motivating on a day when I have not managed too well and am feeling pretty low!

Damn this working in a trendy clothes store... it really does nothing for ones self esteem to a)pick new uniform which could be really nice but always seems to look better on everyone else (gotta get rid of this muffin top!)
b) be surrounded by lithe young things who complain about their (fabulous) bodies... I know noone is ever happy...I used to complain back when i was slim, but is it only me that is aware of the irony of them talking about it in front of someone much bigger (me!)... um yeah they probably don't even realise!
BUT then I start chatting along with it and saying, yeah i need to lose this/change this and have one of the girls, who is Spanish and always straight to the point without realising she's being rude because genuinely she is lovely... anyway, say to me... "yeah but you only have this (patting my belly!) because you don't exercise!"
Oh my god.
I of course said that I did exercise, that I had very strong core muscles but just happen to have a layer of fat over them (my waist is 31" or so... not HUGE I would have thought!)
Laughed it off but it has really got to me.

So, today I feel quite down on myself, which I know isn't positive . Ate some crap as well just to justify my feelings! Am on about 1900+ cals up to now and have stopped... didn't have time to exercise as was working, but am sure a 10 hour shift, 9 of which were spent on my feet exercised me in some way!

BOO!
Anyway, hope it is ok to have ranted here, My planning for the rest of the weekend involves NOT EATING ANY MORE TONIGHT, going for a run tomorrow morning, eating very well until 2pm when I have a friends baby shower that will no doubt be full of temptation, my aim there is to enjoy it without going crazy. I just want to make it through to Mondays weigh in having stuck to plan to see what difference my first week of truely putting the effort in makes to the scales.

Thanks for listening to me moan. We all have our off days i guess, it actually feels quite good to get it out to people who won't just say, "don't be silly, you look fine" which isn't helpful at all!

Happy Sunday all,
Thanks again,
Caro
Old 02-17-2007, 07:26 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Today started out quite good, very light breakfast, errands, then Burger King for lunch. Not so good there! Then I made a batch of cookies. I have eaten half of one and will eat one more for dessert tonight. Dinner will be quite lean (marinated, grilled pork chops, broccoli and cauliflower and perhaps some brown rice).

Oh, my pic--I'm the one in black. DD is in the print dress. I'll let you all know how the 5k goes. It's a walk/run, so there is no pressure to have to run the whole way. I haven't really done much to prepare, so we'll most likely walk the majority of it.

Caro--we all have times that we need to rant. IMO, it keeps us healthy to rant!!!
Old 02-17-2007, 07:58 PM   #100  

Not bad today either. Weird busy! Almost too busy to eat. I'll have to catch my calories up in a healthy fashion ... hmmm ...
Old 02-17-2007, 11:37 PM   #101  
Ilene the Bean

Not the best day food wise ... I'm going to bed, tomorrow WILL be better ...
Old 02-18-2007, 08:17 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 148/144/130

Height: 5'5

Hi ladies, sorry I've been absent. Haven't been feeling to good, didn't hit the gym once this week but I'm thinking I'm better off staying at home, I'm not even sure what this is. Feeling pain at the bottom half of my throat at the adam's apple and below, hurts to touch and hurts to swallow. Anyone have any ideas? Well, not to happy with this week, my eating was so so and I didn't exercise. Trying not to let it bring me down. Well, got homework. Hope you are all doing great!
Dana
Old 02-18-2007, 10:39 AM   #103  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Well my plan to stay on plan yesterday went a bit wong - a lot wrong - but 1800 cals ish in the end so not a total disaster. I was just really really hungry yesterday.

Today is going much better and it's weigh in day tomorrow so I've got to keep at it.

Dana - hope you're feeling ok. I wasn't feeling too great at the beginning of this week for about 4 days and it does weaken your resolve but keep at it and you'll get where you're going
Old 02-18-2007, 11:56 AM   #104  

Hi all! I got wratched out of bed for work again this morning. It's pretty good here, kind quiet and the lovely ladies in the kitchen are making me a salmon sandwich on brown bread
Other than wishing I'd had a little more sleep, I'm good today.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:20 PM   #105  

Good morning ladies!

Yesterday was my teeny tiny cheat day but not so bad to actually feel bad about it. I think I had 10 raisins and a piece of sourdough bread about 1 inch cube. And light mayo with my tuna. I think my calories were still good and I still got a ton of protein.

I am exercise woozie right now

Did a half hour joggish thing still walking some but I am getting to run for about 75% of 2 miles. This is definite progress. Did 30 minute lower body workout and unfortunately could only use my super groovy heavy weights on a few things because my form is still pretty dorky on squats and lunges.

I know I pushed myself because I can't really think straight right now.

I hope you feel better Dana.

Allison have fun on the 5k. I'd love to find an event like that something low pressure and beginner oriented. Running is fun!

Closed Thread