Old 11-18-2006, 09:41 AM   #46  
lem
Lem

S/C/G: 163/136/130

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone - I hope your weekend is going great!

Judy, I know what you mean about the cravings. I was in an airport (I had 4 hrs to kill) and my gate was right next to the pizza place. The smell took over and all I could think about was eating one piece. Luckily when I was finally ready to get up and buy a slice, my flight was boarding and I was saved. If it weren't for that, I derfinitely would have blown it!

Did anyone find themselves getting sick when they went to P2? For the last 2 days I have had the worst upset stomach and many trips to the toliet. It started Thurs night when I was at Jazzercise. I had eaten about 3/4 of my calories for the day before class. I was in class maybe 15 min and got so weak. I was sweating but had chills and felt like I couldn't get thru the routines. I somehow finished but did everything very low impact and I didn't stick around for strength training. I just felt like I needed to eat. I ended up going to Panera and getting 1/2 turkey sandwich and a bowl of low fat chicken noodle soup. This was well within my calories for the day but totally not part of P2. Within 1 hr I was in the bathroom and my stomach felt horrible. Yesterday I got up still feeling bloated but ok. I had oatmeal for breakfast and had broccoli, cream style corn (this probably had some stuff that isn't allowed but I was at a restaurant), sauteed spinach (again probably cooked w/ bacon grease) and iced tea (which I haven't had in well over 1 month). Within 15 minutes I was sick again and spent all day yesterday in the bathroom. I didn't eat again until last night and had broccoli, brown rice and grilled fish. I was sick immediately after I got home from the restaurant. So, I don't know if it is a combination of eating things my body hasn't been used to or if its the caffeine in the tea, the sweetener or a combination of all of those things. My body is rebelling! It doesn't want meat, bread or fat. Wed & Thurs when I started P2, I had eaten shrimp and scallops and I didn't get sick. I haven't gained any weight luckily but should I just detox the next few days and see if my body gets back on track? Or should I continue to eat a little seafood/meat and see what happens? I am definitely finished w/ anything I am not sure about - like butter or fat that might be sbeaking into my food when I eat out. Today my stomach doesn't feel 100% but so far I am ok. I just had oatmeal for breakfast and an apple. Sorry this was so long but I wanted to see if anyone else had any issues when they went to other phases.

Thanks everyone and enjoy this beautiiful day. Lem
Old 11-18-2006, 12:01 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

Today is my 1st day of Phase III. I had a piece of whole wheat toast for breakfast (an everyday meal I was getting bored of before FS).

However, gained .2 oz. again. So the calories will go down to 1400 this week, although the scary thing is that I don't think I hit a 1400 or 1500 day last week at all (maybe once). So I'm still trying to figure things out.

The nice thing is I feel like I look better. I don't measure myself but I look better in pants and they're fitting better. So I'm not going to be that upset about the scale if I feel body improvements. I'll be doing another detox day, probably on Monday. I really loved how I felt after the last one I did.

It's funny, I was making my granddaughter a grilled cheese sandwich last week & vowed that would be my 1st whole wheat bread meal on Phase III since it looked & smelled so wonderful. I have a refrigerator of leftover beans and some Phase II casserole/stir fry meals that I want to eat so I'm not sure if I'll have the grilled cheese today after all.

Actually, being on this phase and knowing I can now have some new forbidden things from the other phases makes them less interesting. That's a good thing!

Lem - I did not get sick going to Phase II. Maybe you've got something. However, I do know that when dining out we don't know what oils and other stuff is being used so that could be upsetting your stomach. I ate at a banquet hall for a planned wedding shower and even had dessert but I didn't get sick at all from it. Other than that it was all homemade food, but I did start eating meat again right away. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Last edited by judyo; 11-18-2006 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:42 PM   #48  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone,
I got a little more caught up on the posts. Lem, it sounds like you might actually have a bug of some sort. I didn't notice anything like that going to Phase 2. Anyway, I hope you feel better!

Sherry, I hope your little guy is feeling better. I remember what it felt like when my son was so little and got sick for the first time.

My sister is still here visiting, though the rest of my relatives have left. We are going out soon. So this will be a short post. I just wanted to say I had not exercised from Mon till Sunday last week. (I gained 2 pounds too) and I had eaten a lot while I was away. But this week eating well and back to walking (45 minutes 5 days) helped so much! I'm supposed to do an hour of exercise on Phase 4 but I have found that to be difficult. I did increase the intenisty by adding in some running with my walking. And on the weekends I do an hour. I feel so strong and fit adding in the run. So far no trouble on the knees, which was a problem in the past if I tried to run. I love it! I'm also supposed to add in weight training but I have not done that yet. I want to but it will take some planning. I have to commit to that.

I haven't been 197 in about 11 years. I am eager to reach my other milestone weights... pre pregnancy highest. Actual prepregnancy weight... college graduation weight... etc. etc. But for now I'm focusing on my monthly goals. To make my November goal I need to lose 7 more pounds. I might not make it but hopefully I will get close and can make it up in a different month.

Ok, not so short! Sorry! Have a great day!!!
Old 11-18-2006, 01:53 PM   #49  
Determined to Lose

S/C/G: 185

Height: 5'4

Smile

Hello All,

I dont know if I've lost anymore weight because I have refused to step on the scale till Monday, I even had to put it away. I was stepping on it everytime I went to the restroom, it was horrible. So I put it away and will not step on it again till Monday, that is the plan. But so far I see SO MANY changes in my body. Even my husband sees them. My stomach went down SOOO much, he said i was rounding out my boobs and my stomach.. lol. how sad.. But I can see loss in my back and I lost half an inch in my arms.. I am so excited.. So I will see exactly how much I lost pretty soon.. I cant wait.. Gosh I love this diet