Old 11-14-2006, 12:22 PM   #16  
Ladean

S/C/G: 246/148/maintaining

Height: 5'8

Default Nelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion Nelle View Post
Let me just say, Fellow Fat Smashers, I just wrote this long post just venting and letting all my frustrations out and I deleted it by accident .

Well let me tell you the shortened version. I have been cheating my off!!! First on Sunday I went to a Buffet. It was soooo good and then yesterday I had 3 large cookies with a sandwich from Quiznos on white bread .

I am noticing a trend. Everytime I start seeing results and weight loss, I sabatoge myself and go back to my bad habits. Why is that? I wish I knew so I could stop doing it. Going to Lunch with the girls today and will not be eating on Plan. This is a planned cheat. Is that OK? Anyway will workout and regain some control of myself today.

to Everyone on their losses and successes. Wish I could take you guys with me in my pocket so you can talk me out of my weak moments!!!!

Keep on Smashing!!!!
This is just my opinion, but having been through the toughest times before reaching goal, I can only speak for myself when I say, planned cheats are fine IF you've been sticking to your diet all along. But if your falling back in to old eating habits, then I say NO a planned cheat shouldn't take place. But that is just how "I" feel.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:25 PM   #17  
Ladean

Default Judy

Quote:
Originally Posted by judyo View Post
Lem - Since I didn't exercise at all during detox I upped my exercise during Phase II just by doing some. I kind of like how that worked out!

Although I was an exercise fanatic a few years back, my bod just can't take it anymore. My 1st week on phase II I did 30-45 minutes low impact aerobics every other day (although I have a huge collection of workout videos/cd's, I actually dvr'd a couple shows from FitTV & have been following them).

This week & on I'll be doing 3 days of cardio (mostly low impact) & 2-3 days of toning for abs & glutes. I really don't see increasing this at all since I know I won't be able to stick with it.

In fact, after doing a little bit of high impact the other day I really felt it in my knees the next morning. Not good. So instead of upping the exercise (I don't want to get burned out like I have in the past, either), I will have to decrease calories or add more detox days to my week.

We just have to figure out our own bodies and our lifestyle and do what we can best fit in.

Oh, as far as the yogurt dip, I cannot stand ff sour cream so if I used that I'd have to use the lite. Might as well use the lite pre-sweetened (lite) yogurt but I know I'd want to do something else to it, I think. I'll have to check out some recipes.

Ladean - Thank goodness for a detox day and water. Although I try, I just can't seem to get all of my water in! OK, your post is going to make me try starting now. I'm going to get a nice big glass of cold water to drink. I need to take my vitamins anyway.

I cooked a fried rice dish last night that was so good I can't believe I made it myself and it was a detox day. I added bean sprouts, red and orange peppers, onion, portabella mushrooms, french green beans, red pepper flakes, a couple drops of sesame seed oil & spices along with the brown rice and some egg substitute and a little lite soy sauce and I, too, had "chinese" last night. I used leftover meat that I cut in strips & sauteed a bit for dh to add to the rice mixture. No msg or bloating yet it filled me up. Even lost 4 oz. today.
I measure out my water the night before, and put it in the frig so it will be nice and cold. When I firts started out, I had a hard time with my water, so I made a game out of it, I measured out 64oz, and set my timer, and every hour I would pour 8oz of water in a glass and drink it down, then re-set ,my timer and do it again and again until after 8 hours I had all my water in. It seemed easy that way, now I don't think about it, I still measure all my water out now 80oz and I just drink it until it's gone....You might try the timer melthod, it worked for me.

Ladean
Old 11-14-2006, 12:47 PM   #18  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlostIT4ever View Post
Good morning fellow smashers, I had a little bit of the wrong foods yesterday, went out for chinese food with DH, I enjoyed every bite, but I feel bloated this morning, so decided to do a day of detox, I always feel better after doing detox...I'm also increasing my water today, to help flush out all that sodium....Hope everyone is staying strong.

Have a great day
Ladean
Buddie, You are at goal!! sweetie detox will do it for ya! lol I know what you
mean about detox making us feel so much better. When we slip or fall
detox is calling our name. It is so great how it works right away. lol
Iam at luch and wanted to say hello to you buddie.Have a great day.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:58 PM   #19  
Ladean

Default Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUNCY View Post
Buddie, You are at goal!! sweetie detox will do it for ya! lol I know what you
mean about detox making us feel so much better. When we slip or fall
detox is calling our name. It is so great how it works right away. lol
Iam at luch and wanted to say hello to you buddie.Have a great day.
I'm not doing detox because I think I will gain, I'm doing it because it gets me back on track and gives me that cleansing feeling I feel I need, that's what I love about detox...Also, even though I am at goal, I still have the crazy mindset, that if I don't stay in control, I'll start a bad eating trend, which isn't true, but my mind tells me that sometimes, I guess I need to learn to relax more about it, but it's hard to do when I've worked so hard to get where I am. Does that make sense? I've also decided that I am not going to aloow myself a cheat day until Thanksgiving, because I do plan to eat the food I am making and a slice of pie.

Hugs
Ladean
Old 11-14-2006, 01:42 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

Ladean, I keep forgetting you're at goal. What an awesome job! I know I'll be reaching goal as I have in the past. Maintaining is my problem but you know, once I reached goal I sometimes left my support groups or didn't have any back-up plan.

I've said this so many times but you never know when a new person will catch it - that's what I love about FS. It allows you different ways to maintain. Do a detox day or two or go back down a phase. I never had a maintenance plan before.

And I agree that detox makes you feel better! I didn't like it for the long haul but just doing the one detox day yesterday made me sleep well and feel more energized today. I'll definitely be continuing with as many detox days as necessary to reach goal & maintain.

Now that I have the detox information ingrained and have experimented with more recipes, detox is no longer a dreaded thought for me.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:48 PM   #21  
Ladean

Default Judy

Quote:
Ladean, I keep forgetting you're at goal. What an awesome job! I know I'll be reaching goal as I have in the past. Maintaining is my problem but you know, once I reached goal I sometimes left my support groups or didn't have any back-up plan.

I've said this so many times but you never know when a new person will catch it - that's what I love about FS. It allows you different ways to maintain. Do a detox day or two or go back down a phase. I never had a maintenance plan before.

And I agree that detox makes you feel better! I didn't like it for the long haul but just doing the one detox day yesterday made me sleep well and feel more energized today. I'll definitely be continuing with as many detox days as necessary to reach goal & maintain.

Now that I have the detox information ingrained and have experimented with more recipes, detox is no longer a dreaded thought for me.
That's what I like about FS too, if I do have a few bad days and I have a gain, it doesn't take me a month to get it off, like before, a few days on detox and I'm back on track, I just love it.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:07 AM   #22  
Determined to Lose

S/C/G: 185

Height: 5'4

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lem View Post
Any thoughts on exercise for P2? I know we are supposed to up the cardio but I go to group cardio classes 5-7 days per week now. In a group setting I can't really add an extra few minutes & I really don't want to have to go to the gym and get on the treadmill. Do you think I should keep with what I am doing or do I really need that extra workout a few days per week? I am going to trade out one of my classes for something more intense like step class one day per week but I was just wondering what everyone else was doing for cardio in P2 compared to P1?
Hey Lem,

I absolutely adore doing exercise videos in the privacy of my own home.. I have two videos from Denise Austin.. SHE IS AMAZING.. I swear I am sweating like no other after her work outs.. The first video I do is called Fat Blast.. I think.. yeah.. Its two twenty minute cardio kick boxing videos that are VERY EASY to follow, but a VERY VERY Good workout.. Then She has this other pilates video called "Hit the spot Pilates", it breaks the workouts down into 10 minute segments that target certain areas.. So far I have only worked on my core and theighs, my plan is to work on a different area each week. The videos made the Phase I workouts so easy because all I did was one 20 minute video and a 10 minute segment.. now on Phase II I am doing a 20 minute video and 2 10 minute segments.. and so on and so forth... Its a great workout and even though I'm going BACK TO PHASE I I am still gonna work out like phase II.

Good luck, I hope I helped a little..
Old 11-15-2006, 10:21 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Good Morning Fellow Fat Smashers.

Ladean: I took your advice and didn't have a "cheat" meal. I basically stuck on plan for the rest of the day yesterday. Today I am doing a mini Detox. I didn't have a chance to fix my lunch so now I am trying to figure out what I can eat and still stay on plan. on meeting your goal!!!

DollFace: Keep up the positivity. I wish I could train myself to like working out like you do. I just need to find something I like doing.

Going to eat my banana and yogurt now.

Everyone have a good day and keep on Smashing.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:42 AM   #24  
lem
Lem

S/C/G: 163/136/130

Height: 5'7"

Hey Dollface - Maybe I will look into some of Denise's dvds. I have done her morning workouts on Lifetime channel but they aren't that challenging to me. I might record a few just to have on hand until I can get some dvds...thanks for the suggestion. Don't worry about your falling off the wagon. I did the same thing when I was starting P2 and went back and did detox again myself.

I hope everyone is having a great Wednesday! I can't wait for the weekend...this has been the longest week ever!

Lem
Old 11-15-2006, 11:36 AM   #25  
Ladean

Default Nelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion Nelle View Post
Good Morning Fellow Fat Smashers.

Ladean: I took your advice and didn't have a "cheat" meal. I basically stuck on plan for the rest of the day yesterday. Today I am doing a mini Detox. I didn't have a chance to fix my lunch so now I am trying to figure out what I can eat and still stay on plan. on meeting your goal!!!

DollFace: Keep up the positivity. I wish I could train myself to like working out like you do. I just need to find something I like doing.

Going to eat my banana and yogurt now.

Everyone have a good day and keep on Smashing.
Good for you girl, I'm proud of you, and don't you feel better when your in control....I hope I didn't come across as being bossy, that's not my intention, I was just trying to help.

Ladean
Old 11-15-2006, 11:37 AM   #26  
Ladean

Default Good morning to all

I hope you all have a great FS day...Come on ladies, we can do this.

Ladean
Old 11-15-2006, 12:03 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

I was a little bummed out having to cut my calories starting this week. I did a detox day Monday and yesterday was a regular Phase II day. I figured my day out and it was only 1300 calories. I felt full and did not even try getting up to 1500.

That would have never happened when I was doing Weight Watchers. I was always hungry on it because I was eating whatever I wanted that would fit into my daily points, including candy & other non-nutritive, no fiber foods.

FS gives me the foundation and rules of what I can choose to eat and I need that. I need a plan that I can easily follow yet one that has rules. I really love this plan.

Nelle - It's too bad you've been out of control. I've been lucky to have set my one cheat meal so far and it didn't affect me or put me over to my old mentality.

In fact, I made a decision to go to a restaurant & eat dinner Friday since my dh's band is playing there & a lot of friends are going. It's a popular place and luckily it has a huge menu with some good salads. Plus we have to get there early so it will be around dinner time. Anyway, I could make it a planned cheat day & not worry so much about the food since I could make substitutions (a steak with extra veggies instead of potatoes, etc.). It wouldn't even be a cheat since I'm on Phase II. But the salads actually sound good to me and I'll get the dressing on the side and I'm looking forward to it. Last time I went I had some fantastic chocolate martinis but I'll just be having iced tea and water this time. The thing is, I know I won't feel deprived which is such a great thing.

I don't dine out much because I am always watching my weight. So whenever I did go to a restaurant I figured I might as well enjoy it since it happens so rarely. I'm out of that mindset while I'm on FS. Once I reach goal I will eat what I want at a restaurant and then watch how my weight goes. If I need a detox day or two then I'll do that.

Hope you can get back on plan and stick with it.

Ladean - I got more water in yesterday. I've tried all sorts of tricks in the past such as using ice, keeping it refrigerated, using a straw, etc. Luckily I worked out last night (my aerobic night) and am always thirsty after so that helped.

Dollface - I really like my Denise Austin tapes (I have many), although sometimes she can be annoying. I have never joined a gym and only work out at home (with the exception of walking trails). I have a huge collection of tapes & dvd's. I get bored really easy & have been adding dvr'd workouts from FitTV to my arsenal. In fact, I just won a bid on E-bay for original Body Flex tapes since the reviews I read said they worked better than the new version. If I like them I'll try the new version too. Anyone ever try them? I'm also interested in Turbo Jam although it seems like everyone else is, too. The E-bay prices are high with many bidders.

It's funny. I used to only do my Walk Away the Pounds if I wasn't feeling good or something in the past. I did it last night & I will admit I put more effort into it than normal but I really worked up a sweat. Also, my one foot and my calves were hurting me and I almost had to stop but kept it up. Luckily, I'm not feeling bad today. Sure isn't fun gettin' old!

Lem - What workouts do you do most of the time? Have you tried Turbo Jam? When I was at the top of my game I remember workouts like some of Denise Austin's & Jane Fonda's and others just not being good enough. But for variety I'd still do them and put in more intensity. Now I have to follow some of my higher intensity tapes with less intensity since I can no longer jump around and do squats or other fancy, quick leg moves.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:58 PM   #28  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Hello to all of you lovely smashers. HOpe all are having a great day.
I know one thing the fs works when we use it!! lol Come on ladies
lets have a great fs day!! we are on our way to sucess. lol
let s keep on a smashing . lol

At work and very busy today. Went to curves this am before work.
feel realy good about my exercise here lately. Food is good and all
my water in. we all know that all of them work together. Have agreat
day .

Juy- Girlfriend you have it all figured out. We need to be able to go to
resturants and get what we want. If we gain , detox will call out name.
It works and we both have found a way to maintain. Cant wait until
I start to maintain. Keep up the good work JUdy. Cause you know and
I know you can do it. lol

Ladean- hope you are having a great day buddie, yes this is the way to
maintain. have a great day.l

Sorry iam out of time to post to all.Lunch break is over
Old 11-15-2006, 03:34 PM   #29  
Determined to Lose

S/C/G: 185

Height: 5'4

Smile

Fashion Nelle- That is so funny, I was reading your post and eating bananas and yogurt. I dont like working out all that much but I know I HAVE to do it, plus my husband works out almost everyday, so I feel i have to.

Lem- I really recommend these videos they are AWESOME.. and they really help out with the weight loss. You should look on HALF.COM I live off that damn site, I swear I get in so much trouble buying everything. Anyways Half.com has TONS of denise austin dvds and they are REALLY CHEAP.. I bout mine for $6. =)

Judyo- I know EXACTLY what you mean about her being annoying at times, I know the videos by heart now and usually turn off the sound and just play some of my own music.. lol.. she can be a little over the top.. like when you have to do jumping jacks she says "jack it out".. lol.. sorry but When I first heard it i was like "what did she say?".. lol..

Hope everyone is having a great day!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 06:10 PM   #30  
Ladean

Default Judy

Quote:
I was a little bummed out having to cut my calories starting this week. I did a detox day Monday and yesterday was a regular Phase II day. I figured my day out and it was only 1300 calories. I felt full and did not even try getting up to 1500.

That would have never happened when I was doing Weight Watchers. I was always hungry on it because I was eating whatever I wanted that would fit into my daily points, including candy & other non-nutritive, no fiber foods.

FS gives me the foundation and rules of what I can choose to eat and I need that. I need a plan that I can easily follow yet one that has rules. I really love this plan.

Nelle - It's too bad you've been out of control. I've been lucky to have set my one cheat meal so far and it didn't affect me or put me over to my old mentality.

In fact, I made a decision to go to a restaurant & eat dinner Friday since my dh's band is playing there & a lot of friends are going. It's a popular place and luckily it has a huge menu with some good salads. Plus we have to get there early so it will be around dinner time. Anyway, I could make it a planned cheat day & not worry so much about the food since I could make substitutions (a steak with extra veggies instead of potatoes, etc.). It wouldn't even be a cheat since I'm on Phase II. But the salads actually sound good to me and I'll get the dressing on the side and I'm looking forward to it. Last time I went I had some fantastic chocolate martinis but I'll just be having iced tea and water this time. The thing is, I know I won't feel deprived which is such a great thing.

I don't dine out much because I am always watching my weight. So whenever I did go to a restaurant I figured I might as well enjoy it since it happens so rarely. I'm out of that mindset while I'm on FS. Once I reach goal I will eat what I want at a restaurant and then watch how my weight goes. If I need a detox day or two then I'll do that.

Hope you can get back on plan and stick with it.

Ladean - I got more water in yesterday. I've tried all sorts of tricks in the past such as using ice, keeping it refrigerated, using a straw, etc. Luckily I worked out last night (my aerobic night) and am always thirsty after so that helped.

Dollface - I really like my Denise Austin tapes (I have many), although sometimes she can be annoying. I have never joined a gym and only work out at home (with the exception of walking trails). I have a huge collection of tapes & dvd's. I get bored really easy & have been adding dvr'd workouts from FitTV to my arsenal. In fact, I just won a bid on E-bay for original Body Flex tapes since the reviews I read said they worked better than the new version. If I like them I'll try the new version too. Anyone ever try them? I'm also interested in Turbo Jam although it seems like everyone else is, too. The E-bay prices are high with many bidders.

It's funny. I used to only do my Walk Away the Pounds if I wasn't feeling good or something in the past. I did it last night & I will admit I put more effort into it than normal but I really worked up a sweat. Also, my one foot and my calves were hurting me and I almost had to stop but kept it up. Luckily, I'm not feeling bad today. Sure isn't fun gettin' old!

Lem - What workouts do you do most of the time? Have you tried Turbo Jam? When I was at the top of my game I remember workouts like some of Denise Austin's & Jane Fonda's and others just not being good enough. But for variety I'd still do them and put in more intensity. Now I have to follow some of my higher intensity tapes with less intensity since I can no longer jump around and do squats or other fancy, quick leg moves.
Good for you with your water, just do your best and try each day to get as much in as you can, it really does help with the weight loss.

Hugs
Ladean