Old 11-15-2006, 06:12 PM   #31  
Ladean

S/C/G: 246/148/maintaining

Height: 5'8

Default Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUNCY View Post
Hello to all of you lovely smashers. HOpe all are having a great day.
I know one thing the fs works when we use it!! lol Come on ladies
lets have a great fs day!! we are on our way to sucess. lol
let s keep on a smashing . lol

At work and very busy today. Went to curves this am before work.
feel realy good about my exercise here lately. Food is good and all
my water in. we all know that all of them work together. Have agreat
day .

Juy- Girlfriend you have it all figured out. We need to be able to go to
resturants and get what we want. If we gain , detox will call out name.
It works and we both have found a way to maintain. Cant wait until
I start to maintain. Keep up the good work JUdy. Cause you know and
I know you can do it. lol

Ladean- hope you are having a great day buddie, yes this is the way to
maintain. have a great day.l

Sorry iam out of time to post to all.Lunch break is over
How goes it girlfriend? All is good here, the wind is finally calming down...Did great on plan, and I think I have finally found something that is going to work like a champ on maintaining, I couldn't be more excited.

Hugs
Ladean
Old 11-15-2006, 09:33 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 192/192/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlostIT4ever View Post
Good for you girl, I'm proud of you, and don't you feel better when your in control....I hope I didn't come across as being bossy, that's not my intention, I was just trying to help.

Ladean
Ladean: No you didn't come across bossy. Sometimes we need that swift kick in the pants to get us refocused. You will be proud I ate on plan all day .
Old 11-16-2006, 12:27 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 151/144/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Phase II

Hey Smashers!!! Congrads to everyones accomplishments. I just finished day 7 of Phase I, looks like so far a pound a day. I can't believe it. This is great. I will be moving on to Phase II on Friday and was wondering if anyone can show me what their planned menu looked like for this phase.

Like I said before, I can make anything simple hard. I would appreciate any help I can get. I would also like to say it is so nice to be able to chat with people who have the same probs as me and everyone seems to have great solutions. Reading everyones reply has really helped me solve some of my own probs. Thank y'all so much.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:53 AM   #34  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Good morning smahsers!! lol Let make this day the best one ever!! we can do it!! let smash that fat off of us where it belongs. It all starts with out
mind. so lets set out minds to think on program. We can do it!! We all know
this is the best progam for weight loss and maintaing . Wishing all a great
and very blessed day. lol

JJaye- Congrats on the 7lb lost so far. you go girl. Welcome to the smashing
fat board!! hew! hew! It sure works, i can tell you that. Keep it up.
Hello sherry- HOPe all is well with you friend. how are you doing?
Judy - How are you doing? Doing good i bet. lol have agreat day.
Ladean- Did you survive the wind? It had calmed down a bit. So cold<<<<
have agood day buddie.

T o everyone have a great smashing day.
Hug Linda
Old 11-16-2006, 10:10 AM   #35  

Hello all, have been busy and reading You on a diet, not much time to post. Went off the program for a week as it was my birthday and as I said in another thread those Dunkin Donut Pumkin muffins were calling me everynight after work. It got to the point on the third day I just went there without even thinking about it. I am done now. What was wrong with me. Back to detox this week. I am looking forward to it.
Kathy
Old 11-16-2006, 11:25 AM   #36  
Ladean

Good morning all you Fat Smashin queens...I was telling my friend Linda, that I've been playing around with this plan a bit, and I think I have it figured out, how the easiet way for me to maintain is. I do phase 4, 2 days a week, then phase 3 for 2 days then phase 2 for 2 days, then detox for one day, and I am Staying the same of the scale, and it's fun to mix it up...LINDA: Yes the wind was something, glad it's gone, but burrrrrr it was cold this morning....KATHY: It's so easy to get back into old eating habits, we all have to learn to break them and learn better ones, that we can live with forever, that's what is so great about FS, if we have a few bad day, we can always jump back on detox, but even if we have that option, we should still be working on our way of thinking towards food. It's too easy to say, ok, I am going to binge on cookies this week and next week I'll do detox and lose it, for one that's not healthy for our bodies to be treated like a yoyo, it's hard on our hearts...Learning new, healthy habits is the key, trust me, I've learn that the hard way LOL.

Hugs
Ladean
Old 11-16-2006, 11:26 AM   #37  
Ladean

Default Nelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashion Nelle View Post
Ladean: No you didn't come across bossy. Sometimes we need that swift kick in the pants to get us refocused. You will be proud I ate on plan all day .
I am very proud of you too, and I hope you will feel free to kick me when I need it as well

Hugs
Ladean
Old 11-16-2006, 11:31 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

Hey all,

Just wanted to hop on and say hi to everyone. Joshua has been sick today... he has a stomach bug. Poor baby. This is the first time he has ever thrown up. I feel so sorry for him. But I know it has to run it's course.

Hope you are all doing good.

KEEP SMASHING!

Sherry
Old 11-16-2006, 11:33 AM   #39  
Ladean

Default Sherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by shae8230 View Post
Hey all,

Just wanted to hop on and say hi to everyone. Joshua has been sick today... he has a stomach bug. Poor baby. This is the first time he has ever thrown up. I feel so sorry for him. But I know it has to run it's course.

Hope you are all doing good.

KEEP SMASHING!

Sherry
Poor baby, hope he's better soon. it's so hard when our kids get sick, they don't understand what's going on...Hang in there hun

Ladean
Old 11-16-2006, 01:03 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

Hope everyone is having a smashing day! It's funny, I'm so looking forward to my lunch today which was a homemade hamburger helper type casserole using very lean ground beef (drained, even though it was 97% ff), some corn, brown rice & other Phase II acceptable stuff and it was sooooo good I can't wait to have the leftovers for lunch. My palate is definitely changing.

I don't know if I'll ever be able to stomach a frozen meal again. I've never loved them & after eating so healthy I don't think I'll be able to enjoy one at all. Pizza is a different thing & I haven't tried the pizza recipe yet but I think I'll have to make it one of these days, although I'll admit it doesn't sound too appetizing (& I can use real cheese since I'm on Phase II). The crust doesn't sound good to me.

I was doing my toning exercises last night & tried using my 6 Second Abs I got off of E-bay. I started feeling my chest muscles pulling (something that started bothering me the last time I was really working out) & although it most likely does mean I wasn't doing the workout properly, I know when this started happening a few years back I was using proper form doing my crunches. Not sure I like the 6 Second Ab thing but I'll continue trying it & see if I can master it properly without hurting myself. Might be going back on E-bay!

Linda - That's what is so good about FS. We can go to a restaurant & make certain choices & either stay 100% on plan or go off a bit & be able to detox. Keep up the cheering!

Ladean - That sounds like a great maintenance plan. I'm already planning on how to handle maintenance & I think this time I'll really only eat treats once in a while (not every day like I have done in the past - even though I restricted my intake - until the binge monster would show up). If I don't allow my treats on a daily basis I can keep the need for these things at bay.

Sherry - I hope Joshua feels better soon. As a parent we feel so helpless sometimes when our children are suffering. Now my adult children are making me suffer - LOL!

Nelle - It's good you don't mind being "nudged" to get back on track. On WW I was a member of Bootcamp Buddies forum where cheating was not allowed. A lot of new members didn't stay because they really got scolded when they admitted to going off track. I loved that forum because it did keep me accountable.

JJaye - You're doing great! Here's what I ate yesterday:
Breakfast = 1 "fried" egg (a whole egg cooked in my non-stick pan with a quick spritz of Pam) w/melted American cheese (less than 1 oz.)
Lunch = A serving (equal to less than 1 cup of brown rice) of fried brown rice made with bean sprouts, red & orange peppers, onion, garlic, portabella mushrooms, spices, 3 drops of sesame seed oil (in the entire recipe), 1/2 cup egg substitute (again, for the entire recipe) & some lite soy sauce.
Snack = 1 whole grain Quaker rice cake, 1 slice "pumpkin pie" (filling made with Phase II approved foods - no crust) - around 100 calories/serving.
Dinner = 3.5 oz. filet mignon, some leftover sweet potato fries, steamed broccoli & 3 fresh pineapple wedges.
Snack = decaf latte made with approx. 1/2 c. skim milk & cinnamon on top, an approved FS muffin made with banana & pumpkin.

The entire day was around 1300-1400 calories (my max this week is 1500 calories). I had a lot of variety with fruit & veggies and was full without feeling stuffed.

Kathy - At least FS allows a failsafe when you do go off plan. I think that's why we all like it. However, I know if I go off too much I'll just keep gaining & losing the same pounds over & over so I do try to keep any planned cheats far & few between.

Dollface - I'll have to check out half.com. I always gravitate towards E-bay or Amazon. However, doing a price check the other day there were lower priced places for an item I was looking for.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:55 PM   #41  
lem
Lem

S/C/G: 163/136/130

Height: 5'7"

JJaye - I started P2 yesterday and here is what I ate:

breakfast - fruit smoothie (recipe on recipes thread)
snack - 1 c grapes
lunch - 3 oz shrimp sauteed w/ I can't believe its not butter spray, minced garlic (I use powder when I don't have fresh) and some random seasonings - salt, pepper, basil or Italian seasoning. 1 c brussel sprouts w/ butter spray.
dinner - 4 oz sauteed scallops cooked same as shrimp, boiled cabbage, 1 hardboiled egg
snack - 1/4 c soy nuts

Today
Breakfast - steel cooked oats w/ cinnamon, butter spray, 1 pkg splenda, 1 cooked apple sliced & mixed up in my oats
snack - 1 c strawberries
lunch - 1 4 oz piece of fish (I used Tilapia but grouper or any mild fish will do) sauteed in a pan w/ lite sodium chicken broth, lemon pepper seasoning, minced garlic, minced onion and I ate this over 1 c brown rice
snack - fruit smoothie
dinner - I will probably have some steamed asparagus w/ lemon seasoning & butter spray. I am not in the mood for more meat so if I eat anything else it will be corn or broccoli
snack - either soy nuts or soy crisps

Its funny that I haven't really even enjoyed to seafood I have had yet. I probably could still live without fish or meat. Maybe I will try some chicken or beef this weekend. What I really want is a loaf of warm bread w/ butter and a big old plate of pasta These are the things I miss the most. I could trade my dessert & meat for those things anytime! Ok, enough daydreaming...have a great Thursday.

Lem
Old 11-16-2006, 09:05 PM   #42  
bouncy

Hi Sherry, I hope you baby is feeling better by the time you read this!!
I just hate to see kidos. sick. As a mom we always wish it could be us instead of our kids. Take care of both of you.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:00 AM   #43  
bouncy

Good morning Ladies. HOpe all have a great day. Tgif!! lol Iam so ready
for it. lol Iam so proud of all of you smashers. We are doing so good.
Best board around.Lets kick our fat to the curb!! we can do it!!
Lets stay focused and do what we have to do. We all know this is the
best plan around. Everyone have a great weekend. take care of all
of you.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:30 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 149/139/135

Height: 5' 3"

Wow, I had my first forbidden food calling my name last night since starting FS (today's my last day on Phase II). Thank goodness I didn't just run and grab the bag of the Kettle Bakes potato chips I have lying around. A measured portion is only 120 calories & has 2 grams of fiber so it wouldn't have derailed my daily calories since I only had about 1300 out of the 1500 I was allowing myself.

First off, I've been reading lately about white potatoes and how they digest too quickly and set off an insulin (or glucose - not sure) spike. I do remember reading somewhere that your body doesn't really know the difference between a white potato and a candy bar, although I would think the potato would have more nutrients.

So I've got this strong urge to go for it and the will power to keep myself in my chair and think it out, or at least wait a few minutes to see if it will go away. Funny thing is, I had exercised not too long prior to this urge. Exercising usually curbs all cravings/hunger for me.

However, I was watching a tv show (Ugly Betty) where they were eating Thanksgiving dinner. I think the comfort food thing kicked in watching that.

Seemed like once that skit was over (& I drank some tea), the feeling passed. I'm so glad I waited for it to leave, and it really only took 5-10 minutes to completely go away.

So maybe if we just wait when we get a bad urge it will leave. Next time this happens I'm going to give it at least 15 minutes and if I still have the urge I'll try to drink something first and wait some more time. In the past I would have grabbed that chip bag immediately, when the urge was still strong.

The other thing I noticed was how strong the urge was. I felt like a drug addict needing a fix! I'm surprised it went away as quickly as it did. Whew! That was a close one...

Tonight will be fun. My dh's band is playing at a really fun place and a lot of my friends are going. This place gets to standing room only so dh & I are going early to try to get a table. The place doesn't take reservations. It's a bar/lounge/restaurant. I'm going to have a salad since they have a large selection of them. I'm actually looking forward to a salad - I can't believe it!
Old 11-17-2006, 02:03 PM   #45  
Ladean

Default Howdy all

Well the weekend is here again, are we ready for it? did we plan our meals? I know I am ready....Wishing you all a great FS weekend

Ladean