Old 10-16-2006, 08:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

Default Fat Smashers Weekly Support 10/16 - 10/22

Good Morning Smashers!

If you missed anything...

Here is a link to last week's thread :

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...34#post1439334

Is everyone ready for a new week? I hope to lose 2 more lbs this week. I have really been watching my food and kicking the exercise up a notch... so I hope it pays off.

My goals for this week:

1) drink 60 oz of water a day
2) do toning exercises 2 days this week
3) do cardio exercises 3 days this week

I hope you all have a GREAT Monday!

Sherry

Last edited by shae8230; 10-16-2006 at 08:31 AM.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:39 AM   #2  

Linda~ Hey! I hope you have a great week. Yeah, this New Year's I won't have to make the same old "I am gonna go on a diet" resolution. I do that every year. You are doing so good. I am originally from Texas. I moved from there 3 years ago. I lived there all my life until then. I miss it. What part are you from? I am from the gulf coast area. Around Beaumont.

Talk to you later,
Sherry
Old 10-16-2006, 12:37 PM   #3  
brandilynn24

S/C/G: 317/266/199

Height: 5'6

Hi Ladies! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Well I weighed in today and considering I had 2 days off plan, I didnt feel that bad gaining 1pound. SO today is day one of Detox. I know I wont lose 14 pounds like I did the first time, but Im kind of hoping for 5. Regardless, I know I will feel better. It's amazing how great this way of eating makes you feel. Well Im off to go exercise, talk to you chickies later!
Old 10-16-2006, 02:31 PM   #4  

Hey all!!! I'm so happy to announce that I lost 3 pounds in detox and am down to 122! Now that doesn't sound like much, but considering I only want to lose 10 total, I'm pretty happy, esp since I didn't exercise all that much and went off plan a few times. Yesterday I was terrible and had 2 mini snickers bars (yeah I finally gave in to the halloween candy). I could not tell you the last time I had a snickers bar. I don't really buy candy, and when I do I like chewy stuff like licorice and swedish fish, so these were an extreme treat. I also had 4 chocolate chip cookies (small ones tho!) because my mom baked a few dozen. Boo! Everyone knows that warm chocolate chip cookies are like a PMSing woman's kryptonite!!! So to have actually lost 3 pounds even with this and the pizza a few nights ago is amazing for me. I'm going to try to really stick to the detox plan for the next week (till sun) in hopes of losing a bit more weight, plus since I don't eat meat anyway I'm not too eager to move onto Phase 2.

Shae- I have no doubts that if you reach those goals you'll drop another 2 pounds. I need to drink more water as well. I used to be so good about getting 64 oz daily but I've slacked lately.

brandilynn-I wouldn't feel bad about that 1 pound either, esp considering your 14 lb loss already. I'm sure detox will help you lose it and hopefully a few others!

Everyone else, best of luck this week!!
Old 10-16-2006, 03:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/193/125

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone! Well, I made it through my conference this last weekend - at breakfast there was even OATMEAL on the buffet line, to my delight - and I did pretty well...until yesterday when I succumbed to half a piece of chocolate mousse cake. And I'm not even sorry! I did do lots of hiking (the conference was in Tahoe) on our breaktimes so I can't feel too badly.

I started the detox program last Sunday, but I knew this conference was coming so I'm counting today as my official start date. My DH is smashing, too - he looked so sad this morning when he asked how much oatmeal he was allowed for breakfast! Last week was very helpful, though, since I made veggie soup, practiced with tofu (new for me) and weaned myself off the coffee/diet soda.

I think this forum is wonderful and I'm enjoying reading all the posts and everyone's tips. Happy smashing to everybody!
Old 10-16-2006, 05:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Well, I lost 5 pounds and 2.5 inches from the detox!! I'm still having some problems with eating because of the jaws being sore so I'm kinda getting tired of oatmeal and yogurt! LOL! Tonight I'm going to buy a can of lima beans and have those for dinner, doesn't sound like much but it's something!! Along with some apple sauce and some milk I think I'll live!

As for the weigh in thread, I think we should just have a weekly thread that we can just weigh in on our usual day, so it would be weigh in Oct16-23 for the first week and whenever your weigh in day is that's when you'd post in that thread, Make sense? Just keeps us from having a bunch of threads for the same thing! Would you like me to set it up?I have no problem doing it if you like....

Well, off to get my sons hair cut, then to Toys Are Us to start Christmas shopping! Have a good evening! I'll be back tonight!
Old 10-16-2006, 05:24 PM   #7  

Hey Wide~ Congrats on the loss!! If you want to start the weigh in thread.. that would be great. I have got to get off of the puter and start dinner.

later,
Sherry
Old 10-16-2006, 06:03 PM   #8  
brandilynn24

S/C/G: 317/266/199

Height: 5'6

Well day one on detox again and I already feel better. I have Acid Refux and before I started Smashing I had to take medicine everyday, but around day two I quit taking it and I have never had any problems with not taking it since then....UNTIL..I cheated the other day and I had to take two of them!! So with just that I should stay on plan, I dont have medical insurance and that medicine is EXPENSIVE! Hey-whatever works I guess

Wide- Way to go on your 5 pounds! I think your thread Idea is great, makes it easier on everyone.

Well I'll check in later

Brandi
Old 10-16-2006, 07:28 PM   #9  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shae8230 View Post
Linda~ Hey! I hope you have a great week. Yeah, this New Year's I won't have to make the same old "I am gonna go on a diet" resolution. I do that every year. You are doing so good. I am originally from Texas. I moved from there 3 years ago. I lived there all my life until then. I miss it. What part are you from? I am from the gulf coast area. Around Beaumont.

Talk to you later,
Sherry
Hi Sherry, Iam from Red oak , Texas. Just behind Dallas county. Girl I hope
you loose two lbs. I do believe that steping up the ie does make a differnce.
I had a busy day at work. We are short handed as usual!! You know MOnday
everyone takes a extra day , or calls in sick!! hew!! We needed the rain
but iam glad it is gone for a while. Keep on smashing girlfriend .As each day
passes you will be closer to where you want to be. The time will pass anyway
so why not make it count. lol Have a great evening and see you later.
Linda
Old 10-16-2006, 07:33 PM   #10  
bouncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandilynn24 View Post
Hi Ladies! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Well I weighed in today and considering I had 2 days off plan, I didnt feel that bad gaining 1pound. SO today is day one of Detox. I know I wont lose 14 pounds like I did the first time, but Im kind of hoping for 5. Regardless, I know I will feel better. It's amazing how great this way of eating makes you feel. Well Im off to go exercise, talk to you chickies later!
Hello, I had a great weekend. Well we all slip and fall, But the differnce
is we acknowedge it and get back on plan and start a working that ie and
eating right. You and me to about feeling better. day 3for me on detox.
WE can do it !! we are strong women and we have the want power. so nothing
can stop us now!!have agood night and remember to stay focused.
Linda
Old 10-16-2006, 07:38 PM   #11  
bouncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellybelly View Post
Hey all!!! I'm so happy to announce that I lost 3 pounds in detox and am down to 122! Now that doesn't sound like much, but considering I only want to lose 10 total, I'm pretty happy, esp since I didn't exercise all that much and went off plan a few times. Yesterday I was terrible and had 2 mini snickers bars (yeah I finally gave in to the halloween candy). I could not tell you the last time I had a snickers bar. I don't really buy candy, and when I do I like chewy stuff like licorice and swedish fish, so these were an extreme treat. I also had 4 chocolate chip cookies (small ones tho!) because my mom baked a few dozen. Boo! Everyone knows that warm chocolate chip cookies are like a PMSing woman's kryptonite!!! So to have actually lost 3 pounds even with this and the pizza a few nights ago is amazing for me. I'm going to try to really stick to the detox plan for the next week (till sun) in hopes of losing a bit more weight, plus since I don't eat meat anyway I'm not too eager to move onto Phase 2.

Shae- I have no doubts that if you reach those goals you'll drop another 2 pounds. I need to drink more water as well. I used to be so good about getting 64 oz daily but I've slacked lately.

brandilynn-I wouldn't feel bad about that 1 pound either, esp considering your 14 lb loss already. I'm sure detox will help you lose it and hopefully a few others!

Everyone else, best of luck this week!!

Hi melleybelly, Congrats on the 3lbs kicked to the curb!! yoiu go girl!!
you skinny thing. 120 !! how tall are you? I know that ten pounds
can feel like 25 hu? lol I have 20lbs i would like to loose! hew!! It is below my
first goal. I can do it!! by xmas! that is my plan of action. Have a good night
and keep up a smashing.
Linda
Old 10-16-2006, 07:44 PM   #12  
bouncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkie View Post
Hi everyone! Well, I made it through my conference this last weekend - at breakfast there was even OATMEAL on the buffet line, to my delight - and I did pretty well...until yesterday when I succumbed to half a piece of chocolate mousse cake. And I'm not even sorry! I did do lots of hiking (the conference was in Tahoe) on our breaktimes so I can't feel too badly.

I started the detox program last Sunday, but I knew this conference was coming so I'm counting today as my official start date. My DH is smashing, too - he looked so sad this morning when he asked how much oatmeal he was allowed for breakfast! Last week was very helpful, though, since I made veggie soup, practiced with tofu (new for me) and weaned myself off the coffee/diet soda.

I think this forum is wonderful and I'm enjoying reading all the posts and everyone's tips. Happy smashing to everybody!
Hello Seilkie, I think you will be fine , with all that hiking. lol So your dh
was alittle disapointed about the oatmeal hu? hew!! It is great that your
dh and you can do the smahing together. I bet the both of you encourage
each other , and motivate each other. You both have a great night.
hope to see you later.
Linda
Old 10-16-2006, 09:19 PM   #13  
Just a few more pounds...

S/C/G: 226/206/165

Height: 5' 10"

Default Just jumping in...

I love reading how well everyone is doing!!!!

I'm on day 8 of phase 1 and have lost 9 pounds so far! I am very pleased! I will admit, I am so ready to eat some MEAT!!! Chicken on Thursday!

I do think that part of my success is the fact that I am nursing a 10 week old! It is helping to burn extra calories!

Take care,
Bonnie Jean
Old 10-17-2006, 02:43 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

My goals for this week is to ride the bike for 20 minutes every day this week, since I can't do to much else I'll have the tension set higher than usual.
Have a great morning Smashers! Catch ya later!
Old 10-17-2006, 08:26 AM   #15  
bouncy

Good morning to all of you beautiful ladies. Hope all are doing well and smahing that fat! hew!! we can do it! so lets make time for us in our busy day
today!! we are so worth the time!! lol so lets get a moving friends. team go!! Go smashers go!! we are strong women!! lets work it!! stay focused and do what you
have to do to have what you want!! hey ! it works!! we all know that!!
The day will pass. so lets make it count one step toward what we want.
Ladies have a great and very blessed day. At the end of the day , ask
youself what did you do to make yourself proud????????Ibet you can come
up with alot.See all later
Linda