Old 01-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #76  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Happy Bday Meika how was it?!

It's funny I'm only turning 26 but I'm like OMG! lol.

Yeah so far so good- my weight is kind of fluctuating but this week is restaurant week in San Diego so last night we ate out a fancy restaurant for only $30 a person, three courses- I did my best to pick better choices at least

I refused to weigh myself today though lol- I'm heading to the gym in a bit to work my butt off to help couneract this week! Thursday my husband is taking me out to a restaurant also for restaurant week- then Saturday is my bday- at least it's japanese food so it's not so bad!
Old 01-14-2009, 11:19 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 150/141/128

Height: 5'3

Hey Guys!!!

I know this is going to sound strange but I haven't weighed myself in a very long time and I don't feel the least bit guilty about it. As long as I'm still fitting comfortably in my clothes I'm ok. There are still some jeans I have that are a bit tight (yet they didn't fit me before smashing), but I have plenty of time to work on detoxing and dieting...OMG!!! The more I think about it the more depressed I get. I've been consumed with dieting since I was 10 years old and there really is no light at the end of the tunnel. I have one friend who says she doesn't diet but when she notices she's packed on some lbs she stops eating all together....hhhmmm...if that's not a drastic diet, I don't know what it is. I have another friend who states all that's necessary to be happy with your weight is to just eat healthy and go to the gym, yet she's always trying to lose 10 lbs....huh?! Even the women in my life who claim they aren't dieting really are.... Men have it so easy..aaarrrr!!! I just had to vent there for a minute...phew... Maybe it's the whole turning 30 thing..

My birthday was excellent!!! My bf and I took my puppy (mind you she's atleast 50 lbs) to my parent's house and she ran around like crazy, she's such a cutie pie! I was so stuffed from eating cupcakes and junk that I opted out for the restaurant.

Kritter> I did WW online for a bit and it's much cheaper than going to the meetings. My favorite part of the site was the recipe calculator, you just plug in all the ingredients, with quantities, of your recipe, the number of servings and it spits out how many pts a serving is... Try it out and see what you think, there's no contract so you can cancel if you decide it's not for you. I would also suggest Sparkpeople.com which is bombarded by ads but it's free and they also have a recipe calculator that gives you the calories per serving. I actually prefer this one since they will keep track of your calories, fat, fiber, protein, etc. Hey! You may like it!

Beerab> How did the Hip Hop class go? I'm so uncoordinated it's not even funny. I've got a friend who is an amazing dancer, always inviting me to class with her and all I do is make a fool out of myself...LOL!! It's fun though!!

Go on and Enjoy your birthday week!!! LOL!!! Be mindful of what goes in your mouth but savor all the good foods!!! Keep hitting up the gym!!!

I apologize about the lengthy post
Old 01-15-2009, 12:23 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

ERRGGGGG!!! I just posted a reply and the whole thing erased when I tried to post! I'm so tired I can't retype the whole thing.

I'll do it tomorrow Sorry Meikmeika!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:38 AM   #79  
Soul Cyster

Haha Meika I TOTALLY forgot about the hiphop class till Wednesday- and my sister was like oh yeah I didn't go- her semester starts next week and she's taking a Tuesday night class so she can't make it anymore. BUT I'm still doing good with my working out- half an hour a day- at least 3x a week, right now it's like my weekend is so busy I don't have time to go to the gym, but everyday I go to the gym on my lunch.

It's funny I come to work, eat some fruit, then around 11 am I have lunch at my desk, then at noon I go to the gym for half an hour, come back and shower and I'm good to go- I think for me I don't want to leave my house when I get home- so I don't go to the gym, but at work I'm like gah get me out of here- so I'm more motivated to go to the gym at work.

I actually haven't weighed in for a few days- too nervous I guess- but I know I'm still going down!

Yes I plan to eat well, I already looked up their menu and chose what I'm going to have- grilled seafood entree and veggies.

I'm also proud to say I don't pick off my husband's plate anymore!

*does the Rocky Balboa dance*

Last edited by beerab; 01-15-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:02 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 150/141/128

Height: 5'3

Kritter> Don't you just hate that??!!!! How dare the system act up!!!!!

Beerab> Good for you!!! I need to get on the workout bandwagon... I really need to tone up my arms and midsection. Enjoy your seafood entree!!!

Hey Guys...Question..Would anyone have any at home workout DVDs they would recommend? I have Tae Bo Bootcamp which almost broke me in half...why oh why did I even purchase it when I've never done Tae Bo in my life....LOL!!!

TGIF!!!!
Old 01-17-2009, 01:07 AM   #81  

Meikmeika ~ Well I am the Queen of workout DVD's!!! I can recomend the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Its really intense and will make you sweat!! Its only 20 minutes but it is hard. I am now doing the Biggest Loser Bootcamp. Its really good. Easier them 30 Day Shred but still hard. I just got the BL Yoga DVD and its really challenging too. I also have another BL DVD from about 3 years ago and its good as well. I used to do Tae Bo but I got sick of it. I also have Turbo Jam which I did a few years ago and its a good workout and fun as well. I hear P90X is really good but is hard and you workout for at least an hour a day. And Charlean Extreme is a new one that looks good too. Like P90X. I like the BL and JM because they are 30 minutes and they really give you a workout. Plus they are total body workouts so your using weights and doing cardio for a complete sweat fest! Ok enough about DVD's I could go on forever!

Well since I've lost 10 pounds I feel really good and I can definately see a change in my body. I'm starting to have a waist! So I went to Ross today to look around since we are having a weird rain storm here. I found some dresses that I liked. One for a cover up for the beach and the other two are pretty hot if I must say! I have this weird obession with leopard print and I got 2 dresses with that print! They are those mini dresses that are kind of flowy on top and tight around the thighs. They look really good and I couldn't decide which one to get so I got them both. They are both different styled and one is all print and the other is just on the top. Its the first time in a while I have felt SEXY!!! Its the best feeling. It just makes me want to keep working out and eating good. I have a party at the end of the month so I want to wear one of the dresses to it and look even better. So I am hoping I can lose another 5 pounds by then.

Ok enough ranting... how is everyone doing? Still smashing or something else?
Old 01-21-2009, 10:40 AM   #82  
Soul Cyster

For me I'm not smashing as much as I used to- overall I'm still following the plan, but I guess I've shot toward the later stages- I just do not want to go back to phase 1! lol. I mean I still count calories and stay away from most carbs and sweets and so on. I just don't want to start the fat smash over again lol.

Dude last week I'd gone down two more lbs- only to gain it all back during the weekend- GRRR- but now everything is past me! No more bday, friend who is leaving CA lunch over- and I saw my MIL last weekend so that should take care of that for a month. Eating out three times (though I ate mostly salad at my MIL's house- just one piece of thin crust pizza) in one weekend is VERY dangerous! lol.

I'm still not going to back down- so far this week I worked out one hour Monday and did weights then half an hour yesterday and I will continue to work out everyday M-F even if it KILLS ME- the best part about it is I get to leave work for an hour everyday

Hope you guys are doing well on your "life changes."
Old 01-22-2009, 10:22 AM   #83  
JAF

S/C/G: 273/223/210

Height: 6'2

One eating trick that has served me very well is to snack on banana pepper rings either as an appetizer or post-meal if I'm still hungry. They are hot enough for me that I can only eat one at a time, and either the hotness or time it takes to eat them not only curbs my appetite but makes me eat less. As of this morning I'm officially 20 lbs down and I attribute this to the eating discipline aided by the peppers (they are also great in egg whites) and forcing myself to get 45 min of low intensity cardio in 5/wk....Hope this helps some as much as it has me.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:54 AM   #84  
Soul Cyster

I hate banana peppers lol! I couldn't do it.

Ug I'm so annoyed at myself- dude I eat ONE sandwhich yesterday and one dinner roll and I'm up a pound!

I'm so frustrated I'm trying not to have that attitude of "screw this." I did the webmd diet thing and it says 1600 calories- which is what I ate yesterday! 1665 calories- and bang! I guess I didn't work out yesterday but REALLY? REALLY?! I can't have one sandwhich *cry*

I mean this morning I got up and was looking at myself and was noticing how much smaller my butt is- then I step on the scale and I'm up again!

All I wanted was to go to my doctor's appointment with over a ten pound weight loss. And right now it's not there- last time I went to her I weighed in at 218- I just wanted to be at 208 and seems it's not going to happen GRR.

I decided to work harder at least and not give up- I'm going to be VERY healthy with my calories until then- and work out everyday from now till that damn appointment! I'm seriously thinking about no more meat till then either- I seemed to lose the most weight when I stopped eating meat.

*sigh*
Old 01-22-2009, 11:16 AM   #85  
JAF

They are an acquired taste for sure...I used to hate them but now I actually look forward to digging in. Point of caution to everyone out there: Don't forget to wash your hands before going anywhere near your eyes!!! Made that mistake ONCE and I was crying like someone took my sugarfree/fatfree lollipop! Hang in there brother. As someone who has at various times undertaken lifestyle changes to drop 20+ lbs (I've had 3 reconstructive surgeries) I can tell you momentum is everything. It breeds confidence as easily as it destroys it. Stay the course and as long as you put you head on the pillow at night knowing you did all you can then it's easier to wake up in the morning and do it again. I don't know what phase you're in, but maybe detox for a couple days to kick start your metabolism. This site is chock full of inspiration and I think it's great how supportive everyone here is. To quote the great Dr. Leo Marvin (bonus points to anyone getting the reference) - Baby Steps. Take it one week, day, meal at a time. Enjoy the feeling of feeling lean and hungry because it means your discipline is winning. Next thing you know you're a belt loop smaller and on your way to the next step. One other trick I use is implementing the Colgate Rule -- after I brush my teeth at night I'm done eating for the day. If I get hungry -- too bad so sad. I've heard that toothpaste can actually quell hunger (something to do with enzymes). Read a book, hit the Xbox, take the dog for a walk, work with deaf kids, lepers, something....Sorry, I slipped into a Tony Montana citation. Best of luck and all the support you need is right here. Take care.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:42 PM   #86  
Soul Cyster

lol thanks- I'm a girl btw

Yeah I decided to reduce the meat consumption (I have my lean cuisines for lunch so don't want to leave those sitting around.

I'm hoping it's some crazy water weight and kicking it up today and the rest of the week will make a significant change.

Thanks for the encouragment! I'm going to try that brushing my teeth thing after dinner also. Good luck to you as well.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:22 PM   #87  
JAF

Sorry -- the dude drop threw me. I did realize my mistake after posting to my credit though. Love the laid back Cali venacular!
Old 01-22-2009, 02:43 PM   #88  

I love banana peppers by the way! I eat them on my sandwiches all the time!

Beerab ~ I was doing the detox and the phase 2 for a while but what I found was that when I switched from detox to phase 2 I didn't lose much weight. I think I was consuming too many calories! Even though it was "healthy food" it still adds up. A CALORIE IS A CALORIE! Period. Unfortunately for me I love to eat and could eat till the cows come home! I had to switch to a better way of controlling how much and what goes in my mouth. I keep a food journal and write everything down. I try to plan my meals out before hand if I can. I have a calorie ceiling of 1340. I can't go above that if I want to lose weight. or above 9380 calories for the week. I have been trying to get lots of veggies and fruit in as well. Portion sizes are a must. Once I did this I started to see a big difference. It's not fun believe me. Last night someone in the house made brownies. I had to just ignore the tantilizing aroma! I know not everyone will do this type of plan but it works for me and I have a handle on the eating part of my plan.

I also do 30 minutes of high intensity circut training. I have seen great results with that. Definately lost inches and gained strength. So I will keep up with that. And they are videos so I don't have to leave the house!

Sometimes the best "diet" is one you can live with everyday and not get discouraged if you indulge responsibly once in a while. Hey we all have your weakness'. Mine is PIZZA! Keep up the good work. You'll get there. It takes time. I get so impatient sometimes but I have to remember its not a quick fix its a lifestyle change!
Old 01-22-2009, 10:37 PM   #89  
ich bin geliebt

S/C/G: 353-->whatever is healthy

Height: 5'9"

beerab - Keep in mind, at any point in the day your weight could fluctuate 4 lbs in either direction. Try not to check it so much! As long and you feel healthier and you're losing inches, the weight will come off.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:13 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 284/260/200 or <

Height: 5'10.5"

Hi! I am back after a short break away from the computer. My phase II is just so so. I am glad to see others are doing the same, adapting and going. I am watching the foods, but how much I put in is still a problem.

Portions, portions, portions! I watch my mom (thin person) eat and she just puts a little bit on her plate. Then if she is hungry goes back for more. I want to get there eventually.

I am still off bread, whites, and sweets. Although I did have a have a subway at the inauguration. I was STARVING! But,I feel ok, because the pizza was calling me. I got the sandwich and some baked cheese puffs. That was my first big "cheat" although I don't believe in cheating. I am adopting the lifestyle change approach. I will have cake for my baby's bday this weekend. Sunday. One day and done.

Thanks for the encouragement. I still feel good about the Fat Smash program. Wishing I could be on Phase iv already. I will weigh myself in a week or so or after phase III. I can become obsessed by the whole scale experience.