Old 11-23-2008, 10:20 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 150/141/128

Height: 5'3

I'm going back to Phase I eating, with the exception of coffee, until Thanksgiving day. My eating this weekend was ok, but I feel my self slipping tremendously. It was such an accomplishment to complete the detox...I'm hoping I can stick to my guns for the next 3 days. Cause I know I'll be eating so much on Thanksgiving day....LOL!!!

I agree with weighing yourself for the reality check. It's probably not as bad as you think.....

Speaking of weight training. I would really like to focus on my arms cause they're getting flabby.. Got any at-home exercise suggestions?

My fingers are crossed for the scale to either be the same or have decreased for both of us....
Old 11-24-2008, 06:49 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

I know what your saying about phase 1. I need to get my butt in gear. Next week will be much easier and I will be more focused. I'm sure you'll be able to stick with it. If we could do it for 9 days before you can definitely do it for 3!

About arm exercises.... well I always liked push ups and triceps dips. There are so many. I guess even plank poses will help with that. I find they help a lot with all over toning. bicep curls are good too. There is this one move called a v-raise. You lift the weight from your sides up to eye level making a V. I usually squat as I'm lifting the weight. So you palms are facing up and they come together towards eye level. I know its not the best description! Sorry.

Well I didn't gain weight but didn't lose any either. Oh well. As long as I don't gain I'm ok. I would like to lose though. Hopefully you lost!!

Well let me know how phase 1 goes!
Old 11-25-2008, 06:45 PM   #33  

I still can't believe Thanksgiving is the day after next. Yesterday I did very well, stuck to the program, with my own exception of a cup of coffee. Today was good too... It's funny how once you get one day down it seems easier the rest of the way..then again, it's only 3 days.

YAY!!! The scale stayed the same for you!!!! I've decided I won't weigh myself until Thursday morning so I can gauge how much weight I may gain this upcoming weekend....hehe!!!

Thanks for the arm exercise suggestions!!!

Just in case neither of us posts until after this weekend...

ENJOY YOUR THANKSGIVING!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2008, 06:02 PM   #34  

Well Thanksgiving was a total disaster!!! I ate too much the day before and pigged out on Thanksgiving. Plus the day after was almost as bad. Today wasn't much better but I am definitely being more careful. I haven't weighed myself in fear that I gained back all the weight I lost. Its just so hard right now. I'm stressed, I have 2 days before I leave, and everyone wants to eat out. I feel yucky from eating so crappy. I can't wait to get in a good routine again.

Enough about that... how was your Thanksgiving?

Well I might try to post before I leave but if not I will post when I am settled in. It will be nice to finally relax!

Hope you have a great weekend!
Old 11-30-2008, 09:28 AM   #35  

I know exactly how you feel.....sigh.... I did great detoxing for those 3 days and lost .5lbs....LOL!!! Which was fine by me. I made brownies & a baked macaroni and tomato dish for my bf's family. His mother also prepared a lot of food and she knows I'm vegan so she made alot of dishes I could eat. My Thanksgiving was wonderful!!! I haven't seen my bf's family for a while, so it was awesome!!

As for the eating part...hehe!...along with the brownies I made, of which I ate the majority of, and the pasta dish, I scarfed down so much food. You would think it was my last meal.... The bf and I will both be going back on the detox tomorrow since we're both still with his family. And I can't wait.. Like you, I feel so crappy right now. After I completed the 9 day detox I had maybe 3 slices of bread and still hadn't eaten pasta. All that went out the window these past 4 days....Other than that, I can't really complain, I'm soooo thankful for everything.

I pray that you get settled quickly and look forward to hearing about your move.

P.S. I'm not weighing myself til after the detox...
Old 12-02-2008, 08:26 PM   #36  

The bf and I started the Detox today. He did amazingly and I did ok....I'm allowing myself a cup of coffee if, and only if, I've eaten 3-5 fruits & veggies & drank my water....hehe! Today's meal plan was:

Bkfst: Breakfast Scramble w/ Green Onions & Green Pepper w/ Grits
Snack: Banana
Lunch: Vegetarian Chili w/ 1/2Cp Brown Rice
Snack: Orange
Dinner: Spinach Salad w/ Chickpeas
Snack: Coffee w/Soymilk

Tomorrow will be an Aloo Gobi attempt with sweet potato.

Hope you are settling in nicely!!
Old 12-07-2008, 02:58 PM   #37  

Ok finally made it to Maui!!! So glad I'm here and in the nice weather. I'm glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving! It's been hard trying not to eat too much while I've been traveling. I went to California for a couple days and ate whatever I wanted. I did watch portion sizes but I definately didn't get enough veggies! Now that I'm "home" I will be getting on track tomorrow. I have a party to go to today so I know I will be drinking wine and eating so no point in trying to start today!

Glad to hear your starting back on detox! Thats great that your BF is joining you. It always helps when you have someone else eating the same foods with you. Make it eaier to stay away from temptations! And honestly the whole coffee thing... I really don't think that it makes much of a difference if you have one cup a day. Just my opinion. I drink a lot of tea and I won't give that up for anything! And abut weighing yourself... I know how you feel. I'm not going to weigh myslef till tomorrow to get an accurant measurement. I'm hoping that all that hared work didn't go to waste, but I'm sure I'm back where i started. I went shopping yesterday for food so I won't have any temptations this week!

Well keep me posted on your progress with the detox!
Old 12-07-2008, 06:29 PM   #38  

Hey!!! Welcome Back!!!! I'm so happy you're all settled and enjoying the weather!!!

Even though the bf and I started detoxing on Tues...we cheated this weekend..sigh... I'm not to worried about it though.... So, I'm back to detoxing tomorrow...LOL!!! The bf couldn't handle it...he's gone back to eating fish and chicken. Regardless, he'll lose his weight quickly like most men do...drats!! It's better this way though cause he was stressing me out, asking what he could eat and complaining about how hard it was every hour...LOL!!! I'm hoping I can do a modified detox until Dec 19th, since I will be attending a wedding on the 20th.

Enjoy your party this evening!!!

P.S. I still have yet to weigh myself but based on the bf's family and my own they all say I'm looking smaller...YAY!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 12:11 AM   #39  

Lol I know what you mean about the bf thing when they try to diet with you. Can drive you crazy with all the complaining! I hate how guys lose weight so much faster! Totally not fair and can be discouraging.

Thats such a great compliment that your bf 's family says you look smaller! That can be much better then just losing pounds on the scale. Sometimes you think you weigh a lot but its about how you feel and look! I'm sure you will look great by the time that wedding comes! I am coming to the realization about how squishy I look around my stomach! Yikes!! I need to kick it into high gear. I have had all my favorites since I've been back so now is the time to get started and get serious!

They party was fun. I didn't eat too much and stuck with fruit. I did however drink a little too much wine! Oh well its bound to happen this time of year.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:05 PM   #40  

Great job on eating alot of fruit at the party! Always remember...it could have been worse. Better to have fun and eat and/or drink what you want, than sulking cause you're so focused on what's going in your mouth....LOL!!

I feel like I'm going backwards. I'm not eating the worst but I keep derailing. I started out fine this morning with oatmeal, then I went out and tried on some dresses, got stressed and discouraged, and ate alot of candy and drank a Starbucks grande latte...hehe! Way to make myself feel better huh? Ever get the feeling that you're sabotaging yourself?

I've got to get back on the ball since I have this wedding I'm going to and my friends just let me know about the New Years party they're having...WOAH!! One day at a time right...? I'm also worried about my jiggly tummy in a dress...sigh...

I think I've got to nix the coffee, I'm now understanding why it's off limits in the detox phase. I lose my thirst for water when I drink coffee and crave sweets since coffee without a scone, muffin or any sweet seems downright wrong! LOL!!!
Old 12-11-2008, 12:18 AM   #41  

Lol I totally know what you mean about sabotaging my diet efforts. I have been doing that for the last 2 weeks!! I can exercise without a problem. I actually like it. Its the eating.

Today I had some sort of good health and fitness intervention! I went down to sports authority and bought a barbell set. I have an elliptical machine and free weights from when I was previously living here. So now I have a "total gym" and no excuse not to work out! I bought this book to read on the plane ride here. Its called The New Rules of Lifting for Women. Its awesome as far as different weight lifting exercises but the diet is good if your maintaining weight not losing. The workout I did today was tough!! And it doesn't take long to do. I will be lifting 3 days a week and doing cardio on the other 2-3 days a week. Now for the eating... I will not be doing the Fat Smash. I know its dissapointing. It will be similar but I have to eat meat. If I can just follow through with this I better be buff by June!!!

Don't worry about the wedding. I'm sure you'll be fine and like you said one day at a time! At least its a dress and not a bathing suit which I have had to strut my walruss of a body around in.

Whenever I try on clothes and they don't fit or look right I do the same thing. I eat the worst crap ever. So weird.

I think its going to be difficult to give up the coffee at first but if you want to do it you can. Especially if it gives you cravings for sweet things it might be a good idea. I'm lucky I don't drink coffee that much. I like tea better. But when I do have coffee I want a scone to go with it!!
Old 12-11-2008, 09:56 PM   #42  

I definitely need to work on exercising more...I've just been so lazy lately.

I don't think you should be doing the detox phase if you're lifting weights. Sounds like you'll be eating mainly as if you are on Phase II, nothing wrong with that. You're going to need a great deal of protein to build those muscles. Wow! You have a total gym now??!! I'd give anything for a treadmill..haha! You go girl!!!

I haven't put on a bathing suit in almost 5 years and don't plan on it anytime soon...phew! I just can't wait for the new year to get here already.. We will be moving as well and that's when I'll start job hunting like a mad woman.

I had coffee again today, but I drank all my water for the day and ate plenty of fruits and veggies. It's almost like my treat at the end of the day. At this point, I'll be happy if I can get into the 120's (even 129.5) by my birthday next month. Cause losing a drastic amount of weight ain't happenin during this time of year. I was watching the Food Network, I'm a bit obsessed with that network, and I saw so many desserts I almost fainted. So, this weekend I will be making a dessert I really really want. I'm sure if I stick with the program 75% of the time I'll be fine. I just feel like I'm missing out on all the holiday cheer due to my deprivation of sweets and savory goodies.

I'm not trying to make excuses but this program has given me a foundation and I know whenever I'm veering off the path sooner or later I will get back on it...you know?

This was a long comment huh? Talk to you later!!!!
Old 12-12-2008, 10:31 PM   #43  

I can't believe you haven't put on a bathing suit in that long!!! What do you do when you have to go swimming?! I had to put on a two piece today and go in for a dip after work. I was so hot. And I'm very white!! I need a tan bad! I would have worn a one piece but I left it at the beach the other day!!! I was so pist. I left it in the changing room at the beach and then I went back to look for it the next day and it was gone! Who the **** takes a used bathing suit?! I don't know Its weird to me I guess. Plus it was the first time I wore it. Oh well...

Where are you going to be moving to? Some where warm?

Hey your doing really good and your pretty close to your goal. If you have a little something sweet now and then and a coffee occasionally its not going to sabatoge all your efforts. Its when you eat sweets everyday and have Ben and Jerry's for a snack at 9pm! It is a hard time of year and its probably the only time you really endulge yourself in "forbiden foods." I think if you stick with it 75% like you said you'll be just fine. Thats what I'm doing. I had such a yummy tofu dish today! It had a chili garlic sauce and stir fry veggies! It was really spicy and absolutely delicious!!!

Hey sometimes following a plan to the tee will drive a person crazy. I have found when I have done my best its when I followed my own version of many different stratagies. Right now I am cutting out bread, pasta, rice, and most sweets. So its mainly protein, veggies, beans, dairy, and high fiber wraps. I am going to give myself some days when I can eat what I want. Christmas and my birthday in January. I have to try the best I can but sometimes if I restrict myself to a certain plan it only last a few weeks. You'll find what works for you. Plus you figure you need to find the best way to eat forever not just a couple months at atime. Its about making better choices! Wow sorry about all the preaching!!

Last edited by Kritter; 12-12-2008 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:59 PM   #44  

I haven't been swimming in about that long as well. I've never been a beach person though... I'm so mad at the person who stole your bathing suit...how weird!! People just do the darndest things!

We plan on moving to Georgia. I'm praying the floodgates of employment will open up for me there.

Very rarely am I not dieting, even when I'm eating everything in sight. Since doing WW I'm constantly counting pts, so if I am going to eat sweets or alot of carbs I make sure I stay within my point range. Did you make the tofu dish? If so, would you mind posting the recipe?

When is your birthday? Mine is Jan 10th. Are you a Capricorn as well?

The awesome thing about us is...even though we're not eating exactly on plan we are being mindful and making better choices. We should be patting ourselves on the back...!
Old 12-18-2008, 12:09 AM   #45  

Hopefully the move to Georgia will bring a good job! Its so hard right now finding anything decent. What kind of job are you looking for if you don't mind me asking?

I did not make the tofu dish... I just can't seem to cook it right so I have just been getting tofu when I go out to eat.

I am a Capricorn. My birthday is January 5th! Thats funny that we both have birthdays so close to each other!

We are doing a good job! I will be weighing myself friday so I'm hoping there is a loss. I feel better and stronger so thats a plus. I do look a little better in the tummy area so hopefully I have lost an inch! Although I bet you are doing better then I am As far as eating good. I have some chips now and then with my sandwiches. Kinda need to stop that. Oh well tomorrow is another day right?!