Old 03-19-2008, 04:22 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 267/223/150

Height: 5'2''

So I totally binged tonight. I wasn't hungry and it wasn't good, just an all out binge. I feel awful bout it. I skipped class tonight, because the roads were flooding and it was suppose to get worse. Devin was already at my parents so I was home alone, although it actually started at my parents when I dropped him off, they always have "junk" out. But then I got home and just kept on. I had been doing so good too. Ugghhh. So now that I feel sick, literately, I'm trying to decide, go back to P1, and if so when? (trip to Chuck E Cheese tomorrow and Easter dinner at my parents which will not offer many "healthy" choices) Or should I just keep on keeping on with P2 and do the best I can and maybe kick up the exercising a notch or two?
Old 03-19-2008, 02:16 PM   #212  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

MANDY... Aww I know the feeling!! Don't let it get you down, it's just life throwing you a curve ball! Maybe you should wait until after easter to do P1 since that sounds like it will be easier for you and until then if you are able to exercise more that will help you feel more in control.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:37 PM   #213  

Thanks Jill, trying not to let it get me down. Our Chuck E Cheese adventure today didn't happen due to roads being flooded, we weren't able to get there. Think I'm just going to try and get through the rest of the week sorta P2 sorta just whatever but making sure I don't go overboard. And as soon as the sun comes out tomorrow (and it better, lol) we are getting out and moving around. I may try and get to the gym tonight, too. Then Monday morning it's back to P1. I really don't want to put it off till Monday but I think it's what will work best. Again thanks for the words of encouragement!
Old 03-19-2008, 08:17 PM   #214  
Bite Sized Version of Me

S/C/G: 234/175/145

Height: 5'6"

Hello Everyone,
I compleltly 100 % fell off the fat smash wagon. Today I binged on brie and sour dough bread, tacos, smoothies, more bread more cheese. UGH!!!
Not sure what is rong with me, just that I am totally stressed and freaked out about everything right now. I hope to get back on track in the next few days. I so desperatly want to lose the weight and be a thin bride.
It sounds like everyone is kind of up and down. I want to lose the weight. I really do. I'm just not sure what to do now. I'm afraid to weigh in. I have a dress fitting in 2 weeks. Scared.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:15 PM   #215  

Height: 5'8"

Mandy - Just remember, one day at a time! If you read the FS book, Dr. Ian says that you just pick up from where you left off and not to dwell on the mistakes. I think that's great advice, since we're all going to eat things that aren't the best for us now and then. Why should we put ourselves down because that pizza was calling our names. I think if we give in slightly to those things, then it helps with not binging all the time...at least it helped with me, and hopefully with you, too! And while it's raining outside, maybe you can do situps and pushups! I know, BORING!!!

Kari - We're here for you! I know how hard it is when something big is coming up and you feel so overwhelmed it's so much easier to just throw in the towel. Right now I'm trying to lose weight for my sister's wedding in early June. My aunt convinced me to buy the smaller size dress since it was able to zip up and now I'm freaking out since it's a little snug. At least it still zips, but I don't want to look like a cased sausage at the event!

Today was my first day on Phase II. I'm planning on doing P2 for a week and then going back to P1 again, since my sister's shower is coming up soon. I'm an event planner, so I'm planning on a spectacular shower for her with a full out Italian theme, which is my favorite. Lots of pasta and bad for us desserts...yet so yummy! I'm planning on being good up until that day, so I can eat what I want within reason. Hopefully Easter will okay, since I'm making my own food to bring.

I'm going to weigh myself for the first time in a loooong time. I'm not going to know how much (if any) I lost in P1, but I did move in another notch on my belt...and it's in the good direction! Woo Hoo!
Old 03-20-2008, 04:20 AM   #216  
Progress not perfection

I'll write more tomorrow about the binges alot of our girls seem to be having Maybe we can all come up with a few things we can do instead of binge? Or something that helps us not binge?

No matter what don't give up!! We can do this.. we just need to stick together and keep checking in.

Today was an 'on plan' day for me and I did my elliptical for 30 min and 50 situps on my ab lounge

Food:
BF: Oatmeal &Blueberries
S: Pineapple & Strawberries
L: Steamed Veggies & Pea Soup
S: Sml. Yogurt
D: Boca Burger w/Onion-Tomato-Pickle on top
& steamed Broccoli & 1tbsp dressing

Last edited by jillnicole03; 03-20-2008 at 04:20 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:22 AM   #217  

Kari~ I'm in the same boat, all we can do is get back to it and keep on keeping on. We can so do this!

Annie~ Congrats on making it through P1 and moving a notch in the belt thats awesome! And thank you for the encouraging words!

Jill~ YAY for a great day, keep it up!

So today is going to be a great day, I'm sticking to plan and we are getting out all day, if possible. I think it will be the only pretty day of all of spring break Just getting ready to hop out of bed, here is my eating plan for the day:

B: fiber one bar and skim milk (banana?)
L: salad with tuna and dressing
S: fruit of some kind
D: beans, lowfat peice of cheese, rice and veggies (no fat sour cream?)
S: (if needed) bowl of cereal or almonds

Hope everyone has a great day of smashing the fat!!!
Old 03-20-2008, 02:31 PM   #218  
Progress not perfection

Okay girls does everyone want to go for 5 days binge free??

I know we can do it!! Let me know if you're all in.

***** Things to do instead of binge/eating...
***** Walk, Arts & Crafts, take a relaxing bath, dance in your house to some good music, write in a journal or 3FC, call a friend, read a book, have a big glass of water, watch a movie, scrapbooking, clean, paint your nails, play a game, go to the park, write a letter-email, look at old pictures, play with your pet, try a new hobby, exercise, do a puzzle, clean out a messy drawer, organize, watch the sunset.

Ok girls we can do it!!!

Last edited by jillnicole03; 03-20-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:53 PM   #219  

Count me in for 5 days binge free! If we do it together, hopefully it will be easier! Easter will be difficult, but I'm planning ahead, so I won't be as easily tempted.

I finally got on the scale after a few months. It wasn't what I was hoping for, but it's reality and where I am. I HATE the scale...I was feeling so much better about myself before that. I'm going to try and stay off it as much as possible...maybe do what you do jillnicole with weighing once a month. It would have to change each month -- hopefully! But it may not change every week.

Mandy - I hope today went better for you. I find it's so much easier when I'm out all day (with a plan, of course) but the binging comes on when I'm bored at home with nothing to do.

Good luck, guys! I know I need it!
Old 03-20-2008, 07:02 PM   #220  
Ready to get to my goal!

S/C/G: 221/172/130

Height: 5'5

hello ladies!!! the massive toothache turned out to be a filling that now needs crowned. on top of that.... my dentist from 4 years ago filled 3 teeth he should have crowned (which a crown is 1200$!!!!) and so my new dentist is saying to crown those. great. he is fixing one for free, so i guess that's not too bad. i am going to be taking sedatives, so this should be fine. but dang. 4 years and one TINY cavity. sweet. that makes my day! nothing like spending almost 4500 grand on teeth stupid dentist. and why does dental insurance suck so bad? FOR REAL i mean they are paying 816$
ugh, done with my rant.

despite being upset about the dentist i went to the gym and ran 1.5 on the eliptical. i was so frustrated. but its my TOM so it was painful. only did like 25 minutes today, just couldn't take it. damn cramps.

so today i had a smoothie for breakfast though it hurt my tooth
than a chicken and rice burrito minus the burrito part to wrap it in

i am not hungry, just really frustrated and not in the mood to do anything. i cleaned my apartment from top to bottom. i clean when i am mad.

about the binging thing. i used to do that. waaaaaaaaaaaay too much. here is what i do now. instead of eating everything in sight, i drink water or chew gum. another thing i do is get online and then i seem to lose track of time. ONE other thing i do is go to my closet, pull out my size 8's and remember that feeling, hahaha. being a 13 (was a 15 at my biggest) makes me remember being skinnier and i just fight the urge to eat.

another thing i have learned. if you want something EAT IT but do it in moderation! like... if you want mcdonalds REALLY really bad ( i never do, ick i don't even crave it anymore, thankfully) get a happy meal! don't fight wanting something you can't have because that will result in a binge. and lord knows we all have our weaknesses, mine is chips and salsa. but i bought the light baked chips (1 g fat) and salsa is ok, so i treat myself here and there.

you can do it.
just think of the end result.

and one binge is not going to hurt you, just don't make it a habit, lol

hope that helps
say a prayer that i make it through the dentist, lol. i am such a big baby. 26 and terrified of the dentist.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:41 PM   #221  

Chubbywife, I'm 29 and still terrified of the dentist. I just had my wisdom teeth pulled and cried the entire time, since they only gave me the gas and didn't put me out (partly because of stupid insurance!). I feel for you! And don't worry about ranting to us...that's what we're here for!

Good luck!
Old 03-20-2008, 08:55 PM   #222  

I am in!

5 days binge free I can do that. especially knowing we are all going for it. I hadn't binged since I started this program I think that's why it bothered me so much. I am ok with the splurge here and there, I don't beat myself up for that, it's not going to make or break me. But when I binge I just can't stop, if it starts I lose total control. Thanks for the tips on things to do instead of eating. I am also trying to see if there is something that leads to a binge or why I binge at all. I wanna lose weight and be healthy and I feel like crap when I eat all that junk, yet there must be a reason I allow myself to do it. But anyway sorry that was longer and more detailed than I planned, lol.

I hear you about the dentist, I'm terrified of them too, you are definetly in my prayers!

Today was good, I pretty much stuck to the plan I put on this morning, knowing I put it here first helped me stick to it. I did have 2 peices of candy with lunch, dirn Easter candy, lol... But I worked in the yard all day and took a long walk so not worried bout that. Happy smashing ladies

Last edited by ManDy29; 03-20-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:31 PM   #223  
food is not my friend!

S/C/G: 173.6/160.4/135

hey girls!
it must be binge-o-rama week. I just ate a big helping of fat smash cookies and i'm stuffed. at least i binged "on plan" but it was still a binge. I did good all week except south beach sent me a free sample of cherry oatmeal snack mix stuff so i ate it. was actually very happy to see it as i was tired of my same ol' dinner. maybe that's why i binge - i always eat the same stuff every day/week. on sunday i made no meat chili and so every night i eat a big bowl of that - only like 2 bowls left - but when you are by yourself it lasts forever! i should probably freeze half of it next time but i'm not real good at doing that. anyway the weekend will be upon us and for those b-ball fans like myself and bunny fans - it's just gonna be a hard weekend but i'm up for the challenge. i can't promise i won't have alcohol though i was so good last year when i did this but this year i'm feeling like it's not working as fast and i know it's because i'm overeating within the plan. i'll work on it - still want to lose 10 by april 23rd!

i love reading everybody's posts! i hate the dentist too or used to, found a great dentist but i've been going back to ohio for the past year and a half and finally decided i should get one here so back to being petrified!

what else shall i type - dunno so here's what i had today

b - oatmeal, yogurt, banana
l - salad w/ egg, gonzo beans, black beans, a few almonds, a few sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese, oil and vinegar, grapes
d - chili, salad w/ feta cheese, boca ckn patty
s - fat smash cookies

Last edited by less of lisa; 03-20-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:24 PM   #224  
Bite Sized Version of Me

S/C/G: 234/175/145

Height: 5'6"

Hello Ladies,
As I sat here and read all your posts, I polished off the rest of the wedge of brie I bought yesterday and the loaf of sourdough. I'm literally blowing bread crumbs off my keyboard right now!
I feel like such a loser. I keep making excuses for it too. Stressed to the max!
I know though that that is not good enough. We can all make excuses, but we really have no REASON! I always do this will diets that cut out bread and dairy...so yeah every diet! LOL!
I'm not a fan of sweets, it's the bread and cheese and olive oil that I miss. The pasta. OMG the pasta. I haven't yet found a good substitute for the foods that I crave. My problem lately has been that I haven't scheduled properly. We are eating later and I haven't eaten at all, all day. So I wind up grabbing whatever is available. OR having had very stressful moment, head to the grocery store for bread and cheese. I really need to refocus my bad juju energy into something healthy instead of going el nutso and eating everything in sight.
I have to say though that I am so glad that I have this place to come to and vent all my fustrations. It really does help. Jill I think you are right about writing or doing something else constructive. I'm all for the 5 day challenge.
Obviously it must start tomorrow for me. But I am in. I think that planning ahead is also a big key componant to success.
I need to get everything ready for the week ahead and plan for being out of the house at odd hours. The good news though is that we have had two offers on our house, have countered both of them and will have an answer tomorrow evening. SO at least we won't have to pack up and head out of the house, at random and frequent times during the day. We have had to eat out so many times this week I have lost track. Next it will be the stress of moving but oh well right, that is what we signed up for. Ok girls I am done crying and whining for the day.
Tomorrow is another day, and stronger I shall be.
Thanks for being here, all of you. It's like our own private little coffee shop. Without the pastries.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #225  

I'm bummed...i just ate some sausage for lunch...not much, just a small piece, but I still ate it. I didn't even really want it, but it was out for someone else to eat, and I took a piece. I'm glad that I didn't go with the entire pasta meal that was put out, only a piece of sausage -- no pasta, bread or anything else. So...I'm still on the 5 day no binge plan with you ladies!

I'm really trying to get back to working out more often, since that's been out the window lately. I'm back with my trainer again, which I haven't been for about two weeks. Needless to say, he kicked my butt and I'm S-O-R-E! Ow!

So, my goal for this weekend is to do some cardio each day and stick with Phase II. I'm planning on going back to Phase I on Wednesday, since I'm trying to be really good before my sister's wedding shower. I know that there won't be too many healthy options that day (since I'm planning it, and it's cheaper to go unhealthy unfortunately -- there's 150 people coming!). I figured if I was really good going back to P1 before the shower, then I could splurge for just one day, one meal, since the party starts at 6pm. (We do showers more like an engagement party with guys and girls on a Saturday night with a big party.) However, if I don't start working out more often, then I won't feel justified in eating whatever at the shower. Ugh...why does it have to be so hard to lose the weight, when it's so easy and yummy to lose it?! Ahhh! I'm going to do some yardwork and then run on the treadmill for a bit....at least that's the plan. Wish me well!

And Kari- We're here for you. I have found that I want to binge mostly when I haven't been following the plan correctly -- like not enough water for the day or not eating consistently with 4 meals and/or snacks during the day. At least now there are offers on your house (YAY!! ), so you can get back to more consistentsy with your plans. Just take it one day at a time, or even one meal at a time. Mini goals are so much easier to attain rather than looking at the big picture, which can sometimes be overwhelming. Good luck!