Old 02-05-2007, 04:41 PM   #16  
Tlove

S/C/G: 193/191/150

Height: 5'5

Hello eveyone,

I am happy to see that I have found a place where eveyone is so supportive, and trying to acheive the same goal using the same program I am!
Lem, congratulation on your wedding!! I bet you are supper excited about your upcomming nuptuals, and even if you don't make your goal of 135 (which I am sure you will!!) I am sure you will be beautiful!! Good Luck!

But I start the FS tomorrow. I think this is my one millionth diet that I have tried and I am praying that this works for me. I have tried everything known to man. But I normally give it a month and if I don't see any weight loss I will stop. But with the way they have this system broken down into phases, I think I may be succesful and see results in P1. I will be sure to check in with you guys everyday to let you guys know how I am doing.
And thank you to who ever started this board, I sure am going to need it and you guys.

~Tlo
Old 02-05-2007, 06:24 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 240/225/150

Height: 5' 7 "

Good Evening Smashers!

I have had another "smashing" day. I have sure learned my lesson about cooking food up for the week. I don't have to worry about what I am going to eat.. it is already cooked and waiting for me in the freezer or fridge. If I get hungry and I don't feel like cooking.. I tend to grab the first thing I can find. NOT GOOD!!

4DOXIEMOM~ This is a great plan. How did your sister do on it?

Lem~ WOW!! You are getting married! I sure missed alot by not being on here the last few weeks!! LOL!! I know you are so excited. YES, I am freezing! lol. It was 3 degrees when I woke up this morning. That is just too cold. Not to mention the wind chill. It was supposed to be around
-15! I do love the snow, though. As long as I don't have to go anywhere in it. lol. I have trouble with phase 2 also. I just can't control my portions. That has always been a problem for me. But, I don't have that problem on P1. Go figure!

Tinky~ Yeah.. I gotta have my fruit. lol. It seems like FS was made for me. I love all of the foods on it. But, I guess I will share it with the rest of you. LOL.

Angihas2~ Yeah.. you gotta make sure your calories aren't too low. Sounds like you are on top of it, though. I hope you don't get the headaches, too.

Tlo~ I have found that FS isn't really like a diet at all. I am starving on diets. FS keeps you satisfied. And if you do happen to get a hunger pain... just grab a piece of fruit. It is unlimited.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:32 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 204/204/145

Height: 5'7"

Lem- congrats! Good for you!

I too did not do well during the Super Bowl, but I guess I could have done worse. I made turkey chili and wings. I filled up on thse first and then snacked on peanut M&M's, chip & dip and nachos.....

So - If you pig out do you go back to Phase I? I was in Phase II. My body was not happy about the junk food and I paid for it this morning! I have not cheated on this diet 1 time since I started early January.

Best of luck to everyone!
Old 02-06-2007, 06:51 AM   #19  

Good morning!

I woke up this morning with a sore throat. UGH! I can barely talk. It has been coming on for a couple of days. I just hoped I could avoid the full blown sore throat. Now, I am hoping that it isn't strep.

Anyway... other than the sore throat.. I am feeling pretty good. No effects from detox. I gave up caffeine when I detoxed back in Sept. So I don't have to worry about "the headache."

fatBgone~ Dr. Ian recommends going back to the previous phase if you slip up. So, if you are on phase 2.. you probably need to go back to phase 1. You can do the whole 9 days or just a couple of days. It's up to you. Don't beat yourself up about the slip. Fat Smash is designed so that if you do happen to eat off plan.. you can go back to detox and get yourself back on track. It is very forgiving. Good luck to you!!

Have a great day all!!!

Sherry
Old 02-06-2007, 10:16 AM   #20  
lem
Lem

S/C/G: 163/136/130

Height: 5'7"

Hello and Happy Tuesday to everyone!

Thanks for all the good wishes on my upcoming wedding. I am sure it will all go fine - it is going to be very small so I am not stressing over it. I am sure I won't hit my goal by Fri but I am ok with that. I am just a few lbs away but I am finding these last few are the hardest to lose. The following weekend I have to attend a black tie wedding/reception of a friend so maybe I will reach goal by then so I can pig out when I get there

I struggled a little yesterday w/ food but did my cardio and weights. Unfortunately I had a handful of peanuts thanks to my boyfriend leaving them out. He knows better than that! I am out of broccoli and most of my fruit so I definitely have get to the store and plan out the rest of the week! If not, I will eat crap. He fixed some smoky tasting chili over the weekend that was a Racheal Ray recipe w/ ground turkey and it was so good. I couldn't tell the difference in the turkey vs ground beef. Of course that was before my detox so no more of that for awhile.

Tlo - welcome and I am sure you will do great. FS has definitley taught me how and what to eat and has gotten rid of my dessert cravings which is a miracle in itself. Good luck to you!

Sherry - sorry to hear about your sore throat! That stinks. I have been sneezing a lot the past 2 days so I hope I am not getting sick I am afraid we might be snowed in tonight and tomorrow so be sure to stock up on your food supplies! No more P2 for me....I think it is detox or nothing because I can't control myself. Its crazy that we are totally fine on detox and not on P2, isn't it?

FatBGone - I would just go back to P1 if you feel you really over did it whether thats for a full 9 days again or just a few - whatever works for you.

Have a super week and stay warm everyone! Lem
Old 02-06-2007, 10:20 AM   #21  
Ex-Dieter!

S/C/G: 280/174/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Girls (& Guys?)

Just a quick note to say I am back on track day 1 phase 1 again!!

Going well and loving all the fruit!!!
Old 02-06-2007, 10:25 AM   #22  

Lem~ How much snow are they forcasting?? I need to go get milk for Joshua. I am pretty well stocked up. Dh doesn't get paid until Friday, so what I have will have to last until then. I am getting low on fruit. Will have to make do. Where are you going on your honeymoon?? Dh and I had a small wedding. It was just me, him and Joshua.(Oh and the Justice of the Peace) YES... I already had Joshua when we got married. But, since I tried to have a baby for 12 years with my previous DH.. I don't consider Joshua an accident. He was very much wanted. lol. Dh and I had been seeing each other for 3 months when I got PG with Joshua. Talk about shocked!! LOL!! I had been told by doctors that I would never have children. Goes to show that doctors don't know everything!. Sorry to get off on that subject. I've got baby fever again.. so it is pretty much all I think about now days. But, it is keeping me motivated to lose weight.

Sherry
Old 02-06-2007, 10:26 AM   #23  

Hi Jacquie!!

Glad you are back! I love the fruit, too. Especially crisp, juicy apples.

Have a great day!
Sherry
Old 02-06-2007, 10:35 AM   #24  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone, I'm new to the FS diet, I started it last night. No more "Oh I will pig out tonight and start a new diet tomorrow" as soon as I found it I said that's what i"m doing, right now. I used to do south beach as well but couldn't see myself doing that for the long term.

I'm definately looking for a lifestyle change because I had previously lost 70 lbs (!!!) and then went on this medication that made me gain it all back. I guess it was such a disappointment it's been hard to even TRY and lose (no longer on that med but now have PCOS! ) but here I am, ready to try again. Have a great day!
Old 02-06-2007, 11:27 AM   #25  

Hi Lottie!

WELCOME!

I have PCOS, too. I understand the struggles of losing weight with PCOS. I lost 45 lbs 2 years ago and to my surprise.. I got PG. But, I gained it all back during the pregnancy. I am trying to lose again. I hope I will be able to get PG again..

I am going to the doctor in a couple of weeks to see if he will put me on Metformin. Have you tried that? It is supposed to help with weight loss as well as help with insulin resistance.

Anyway.. good to see another Cyster here! Good luck to you!

Sherry
Old 02-06-2007, 02:21 PM   #26  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

Good Afternoon all. I too woke up with the sore throat, and sinuses etc etc, I feel like crap. Normally, I would head for comfort foods, like soup with loads of pasta in it, instead, I'm making a huge pot of veggie soup, and adding lentils and brown rice, so I'll still be on track. I'm trying to talk my finacee into going and getting a huge bag of ice so I can make iced fruit smoothies with some yogurt, but as its snowing, he doesn't want to go anywhere.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:20 PM   #27  

Angihas2~ Sorry you are feeling bad, too. I have some veggie soup that I made the other day and froze. I am having that tonight with brown rice. I am fixing to go make me some herbal tea in a few minutes. Just the thought of that hot tea on my throat sounds good. But, the cold smoothie does too. lol. It was flurrying here a bit ago.. but no real snow to speak of yet.

Hope you feel better!

Sherry
Old 02-06-2007, 05:52 PM   #28  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Greetings from work, all!

Lottie-Welcome to Fat Smashers!!!!! Glad to see another newbie!!! Lots of luck on your new journey. I did SB too, and it wasn't for me. It was too darn restrictive.

TLo- Welcome to you too! We'll be here to support you all the way!

I'm on Day 2, alot of people were right, it does get easier. Yesterday was hard...I had all this "junk" laying around the house. And then my boyfriend forgets what I can have and can't have, and he offers it to me! LOL so it was a struggle but I made it through! Are you guys eating every 3 hours?
I was just wondering. I eat about every 3, or atleast try! LOL
Old 02-06-2007, 06:18 PM   #29  

Hi Tinky!

I am so glad it is getting easier for you. I am eating every 3 hours. Sometimes I am not very hungry.. but I try to eat something. I usually end up sharing it with Joshua.

You are doing great! Keep it up!

Sherry
Old 02-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #30  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

I try and eat every 3-4 hours, even if its just a handful of carrots with some yogurt, a few bites at least to let my body know it's not starving, it can go ahead and crank up the metabloism thermostat.