Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 12:41 PM   #1  

Default Christian Encouragers #212

Welcome!

You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support. This is a great group who will be very encouraging, caring and loving....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servent's Prayer

Jesus, My Jesus....How marveleous your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myselt totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hadness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen
Old 02-11-2006, 01:02 PM   #2  

Default Good morning everyone

I have taken the liberty to start up a new thread as the last one was getting a bit long.

Today is a bright sunny day here - nice to have those days in February. But I do know that it is still rather cold out so will spend most of the day inside.

Today is my 58th birthday - can't imagine being that 'old'. Hubby is supposed to be going to work this afternoon but he said he is going to see about getting this trip off so that he can take me out for supper and a show - how sweet is that. Work up this morning with my precious daughter coming into the bedroom singing happy birthday.

Weight wise I am not doing as well as I know I could or should be. When I got up this morning I decided that I was going to have to take the next 2 weeks and be very 'strick' with regards to food and exercise. Less food meaning better choices and much much more exercise. We are going to be going walking soon at the rec plex and I am going to take the time to get in 1 mile - I know already that the hips are going to ache as I haven't done this for some time - have gone back down to 1/2 mile rather tha the 2 miles I was up to at one time. So today it will be 1 mile at the rec plex and then 1 mile to the Walk Away the Pounds. As for food I am going to make changes for the next 14 days - bread/potatoes/rice/macaroni can only be eaten on Monday/Wednesday/Friday - and can only be one of those choices. The rest of my intake will consist of chicken/fish, veggis, dairy, fruit. All in proper portion sizes. Please do pray for me for this next 14 days as I am one that finds it hard to commit to staying focused even for only 14 days. But I feel if I can do this for 14 days and get feeling better, then it will start to get better after that.

Well, we had the real estate friend out yesterday to give us an evaluation of what he believed we could get for the house if we sold. It came out better than we thought. He suggested for the basement rather than putting carpet and all down just to paint the cement floor but to put the hardwood down in the living room, kitchen and hallway and carpet in the bedrooms. The master bedroom has carpet in it and it is still in ok condition so it would mean just two small rooms for carpet. As for the hardwood I believe we have put enough money so we are going to be going out shortly to get another price just to make sure. The real estate fellow said that when we list the house he feels that it will sell within 30 - 60 days because of how the market is at this time. We will than take the profit and purchase a much newer vehicle so that we can go visit our grandchildren and extended family more often without having to rent a vehicle. The real estate fellow said that if we are planning to stay here in town and rent that there is a very good change that the people that purchase our duplex would want tenants and we could possibly rent - so it would help that we would not have to 'move.' Then we would stay put for another year and then consider whether we should move closer to the extended family.

Our youngest grandson - he will be 1 year end of May - just started to crawl yesterday and he got his first tooth. Gerri (daughter) is so happy and proud of this little fellow as we are. He was a very sick baby - had to have open heart surgery when only 3 months old due to congestive heart failure - but is doing so much better now.

Well, Norm just took our 'annoying' dog out for a walk - when the sun is shinging Koko bugs him terribly until he can go for his walk - and if Norm just gives him a short one the dog keeps on bugging - otherwise after the walk Koko just flops down and sleeps for about 1/2 hour before wanting to play agan.

Well should get going - have a load of wash in the washer and a load of dry to fold and put away.

Old 02-11-2006, 01:18 PM   #3  

Default Journal for February 11, 2006

Guilt weighs you down. Let go of hiding, pretense, deceit and sin. Confess any folly and walk free and clear with the Savior.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:21 PM   #4  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Hey everyone. Stayed the night at my friends house and I feel loads better. I start to feel sad but then I pull myself back up.. hoping to exercise tonight so I feel better even MORE.

Sue, thanks a bunch.. prayers are always welcomed. I'm glad that your mother's heart is doing well. Prayers for you and all of your family<3

Gary, thank you. It is, he does like me more than a friend, I do know that and it's still the same as it has always been except for he no longer tells me he loves me.. it broke my heart but he goes through these types of things.. "thinking too much", ya know? I understand where he is coming from because he is not the first person I have ever loved. With the first guy it took me 2.5-3 years to realize that I even loved him and it took us breaking up for me to realize it! And with this guy it took me a year and that's when we were busy all the time. So I understand that he has never been in love before so maybe he doesn't understand his feelings. It's rough for both, I'm sure. I'm sorry you had to go through that but it also is a comfort that as a person I am not alone! It's wonderful now that you have a great wife and the Lord IS good. That's great you two are still friends. Actually, my ex whom was my first love.. we are still best friends. You're right, it will and I will make sure of it!
Old 02-11-2006, 06:35 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Saturday

HI GALS

Not much going on here today. Spent most of it paying bills, working on getting tax stuff together for Angie and running her back and forth to have her car serviced.

I think I am behind on my welcome to the new kids on the block...so to Susan ~ Veronica ~ Mindy and MAVNAN

JUAN(our family friend just home from Iraq ~ US ARMY) is coming over for dinner tomorrow night, since he is mexican and his mom only cooks mexican food, I never make it for him when he visits. When we go out we go for steaks and beers. Tomorrow I am making~

CROCK-POT CHICKEN and MOZZARELLA

Brown skinless boneless chicken breasts in oil
Salt and pepper

Place in crockpot ~ mix the following together and pour over the chicken ~ cook on low for 6 hours

1-2 cans of tomato paste adding water as needed
1-2 can of diced tomatoes
1-2 cans of tomato sauce
half teaspoon of rosemarry
2 teaspoons of oregano
1 teaspoon of basil
1 teaspoon of sugar
3 garlic cloves minced

Adjust the above ingredients to your family's liking!

Cook either fetuccini or linguine

remove chicken from pot and keep warm

add as much mozzarella cheese as you like to the sauce until melted

Pour over pasta and chicken

HILARY~ Glad to see you doing better!

MARILYN~ Sounds like good news with the house. Great job on getting back intop the walking, I really need to get in gear for this upcoming 5K I have. As far as 14 days being difficult to stay focused on, well, you may be right...HOWEVER DEAR ~~ IT IS "EASY"!! TO FOCUS ONE DAY AT A TIME JUST 14 TIMES!!

Oh by the way ............

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY LADIES
Old 02-12-2006, 02:58 PM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Sunday

HI GALS

Angie and I went to church last night so we were able to sit and relax this morning while we read the newspapers. Then we took Reba and Rylee over to our National Park and campgrounds. A great place for them with all the trails and ponds ~~ plus tons of geese and ducks to chase after!

Angie is steamcleaning the kitchen counters ~~ a lot of build up after I cook for awhile ~~ I am a good wiper-downer but not much of a scrubber when I clean up after cooking! Thank goodness Angie is!

Well just stopping by....

Old 02-12-2006, 04:08 PM   #7  
Going goal.

Gary that sounds so good! My family uses the crock pot a lot so maybe I'll try doing that.. I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind.

I'm really happy with myself at the moment and I'm loving it. I'm catching up with laundry, homework, and hopefully exercise too.. things that I have been putting off for a while so I feel accomplished and that always helps me to feel good. And maybe because it snowed on Friday so school got out early enough for me to miss a couple classes, I love snow too!

Just stopping by for a quick look.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:17 PM   #8  

Default Journal for Feb 12, 2006

What foolish tricks do you play with your mind?

What forbidden foods do you eat, pretending they won't count?

Ask God to help you to be more honest, for His glory.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:01 PM   #9  
Temple Under Renovation

S/C/G: SW 287/CW 265 / GW 165

Greetings one and all ... had to stop in and say "howdy" to ya'll before I go to bed... been out at Disney World (Epcot & MGM) today celebrating my birthday... Happy Birthday to you too, Marilyn, I see we share the same birthday! I got an iPod from my husband & sons, so now I can use it while I exercise --- YEAH!! Hope you are all have an awesome weekend. Gotta go get some sleep - I'm feeling a bit nausious at the moment, hope I'm not coming down with the flu.

Blessings,
Old 02-12-2006, 10:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 168/190/125

Height: 5'4"

How can I join your club?
Old 02-12-2006, 10:34 PM   #11  
Going goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetyandme
How can I join your club?
Hey there. We're not really a "club". We are a group of people (of all ages) who share their love of Christ and support with all things not only of weightloss! Feel free to come by and post about your day, ect.

Also, here.
Old 02-12-2006, 11:15 PM   #12  

Hi All, Just stopping by to see how things are going...happy birthday marilyn! the real estate guy seems on target from what i hear from a real estate friend....i also watch hgtv shows on getting your home ready to sell and how people look at houses to buy. lots of good info. i can relate to your feeling that you aren't where you want to be food/exercise wise. i also get very discouraged about what i eat and my lack of exercise (i once told my dr to put exercise in the allergy box on my forms ) i lose track of my commitment to my food goals when i get stressed - seems like the cookies just start calling me. chips for when i'm angry and cookies, cake and stuff for comfort and fun. i also love to bake, and that makes it tough. good luck on your 14 days....i think i'll join you and be tough for 14 days to see if i can jump start something i'm hoping to figure out how to start a journal on 3fc so i can try to de-stress. i've also going to try the yoga stuff i got as a gift a while ago. i've gotten so out of shape and so stressed that i have lost a lot of my range of motions in lots of places, maybe yoga can help. if i alternate between walking and yoga maybe things will turn around. so i'm a little hopeful that having support here and those changes i can stop looking like winnie the pooh....short, round and confused a lot

Gary...sounds like a good recipe...i use my crockpot a lot too, tonight was a monster sized stew for a crowd. someone gave me the recipe a long time ago and now my fam insists on it being the only beef stew. i use 2 of the feasting with your slow cooker books...the light one and the diabetic one (from the library); i've gotten some really good soup recipies from them.

i know i've been in and out but i do want to say welcome to all the new people...i'm sure you'll like it here...

gonna try to be here daily for my 14 day jumpstart....so see you tomorrow God bless!
Old 02-13-2006, 10:27 AM   #13  
Yummy Mummy in the Making

Hi everyone! Wow, so so many posts since I last checked on here! I will have to go through and read everything to catch up a little later on, but for now, just a quick post before I get to work!

I had a very quiet weekend trying to rest and recover from the events of the week. I mainly sat in bed and ate a lot of comfort food Yesterday I went to church in the evening and it was a peaceful experience. And I also got a call inviting me to my 10-year high school reunion! How time flies! It will be interesting to touch base with everyone after not seeing a lot of them since high school. Also thinking about whether DH and I are going to do anything for Valentine's Day. (New smilies! YAY!) We sure could use a night out after everything that's happened.

to all the new people! I look forward to getting to know you.

All of you are in my prayers as always! Talk to you soon!

Old 02-13-2006, 11:07 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/155

Height: 66"

Default Been away for a while......

Sorry, it has been a while. I see we have a few new people and some birthdays and people selling there houses and computer problems and updates. It is a blur, but I managed to catch up with the reading.

Birthday blessings to ...........Marilyn and His Girl.

Good luck with house selling and buying..........Marilyn and Mavnan

Christina Continued prayers. Hope you and DH have a nice romantic night on the town for Valetines.

Hillary hang in there girl. You are doing such an awesome job. I am glad you can still be friends with your exes. Not always the case with some.

Gary Glad to hear your friend Juan made it home OK. Keep those recipes coming. Yum.

Everyone else....have a Blessed Day.

I have some catching up to do at work. I took Friday off from work. I had a doctor's appointment. Found out that I have moderate carpel tunnel syndrom in my right hand/wrist and mild to moderate in the left. Also, I have a pinched nerve in my neck. Now I gotta decided what I want to do. Doc suggested some special therapy for my CTS and cortisone injections in my neck. Whoa Doc.....let me ponder for a moment here. Therapy OK, injections - hmmmmm. Any thoughts on the matter?

Anyway, God Bless you all. Gotta run.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:58 PM   #15  

Default Good morning everyone

Thought I would check in before I get to involved in schoolwork with Priscilla - she is having her speech theraphy right now so it also gives me a bit of a break.

Today is day 1 for me on my '14 day' of changes. I am allowing myself 2 slices of 100% whole wheat bread today but NO potatoes, rice or pasta.

Norm went out to work this morning and I don't expect him back till the wee hours of the morning - but when he does we are going to get ahold of the real estate fellow and see about when we should list the house. On the weekend we purchased all the hardward (laminated flooring) for the living room, kitchen and down the hallway. We then need to purchas new carpet for 2 of the bedrooms. But that will be bought next month when we get the income tax return back. Sometime this week hopefully we will be able get the primer and do the living room and kitchen walls in the primer and next week do the actual color - and then the floors. It is going to look so nice I am not going to want to move - but it is the right decision for us at this time in our life. Pray that when the house does sell that we will be able to find a rental that is 'clean', '3 bedrooms', not overly expensive, and in the time frame we need to get moved. Or that the people that buy our house would want to rent it out for at least a year which we would consider doing.

Beth: sorry to hear that you are having some medical problems - praying that all can be 'healed' in His time.

crk - good to hear that you took some needed rest to recover from this sad ordeal - comfort food would be something that a lot of us would reach out for so don't feel bad - just go on from here. Prays still going up for you.

keepingthefaith - I have started my '14 day jump start' - we can do this together as I know we can do it - as Gary mentioned ONE DAY AT A TIME. So today is my DAY 1 on which I am allowing 2 slices of 100% whole wheat bread but not potatoes, rice or pasta. Lots of veggs (not going to overeat on them but eat more than I usually do as I know I don't get enough), some baked chicken, nice tossed salad and either an orange or banana or maybe both. How about you?

tweetyandme: I am sure you will find the people here very encouraging - come and tell us a little about yourself

HisGirl - I have never been to either of the 'Disney' places but would like to - we are thinking that possibly in a year we will see about going as we know our daughter would just love it - we would too of course. Hope you had a very good day

Journal for the day will follow
Closed Thread