Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 09:08 PM   #31  
Temple Under Renovation

S/C/G: SW 287/CW 265 / GW 165

Hi all! Just wanted to drop by, not feeling very well, but needed my 3FC "fix"... you're a
Old 02-14-2006, 09:08 PM   #32  
Temple Under Renovation

Hi all! Just wanted to drop by, not feeling very well, but needed my 3FC "fix"... you're all in my
Old 02-14-2006, 09:10 PM   #33  
Temple Under Renovation

I am very sorry, my 3yr. old is in bed with me as I'm typing. To finish -
... you're all in my prayers, and I will "talk" to you tomorrow.

Blessings,
Veronica - and Matthew :-)
Old 02-14-2006, 09:27 PM   #34  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Hi all!

It's a quiet evening at home with the Olympics in the background. Our Canadians are doing very well. They better - winter sports is what we excel in. We even have the honour of winning the first medal of the Olympics. I haven't been able to pay much attention to the games but I am trying to keep up with how they're doing.

Cindy Klassen (speedskater) is from my fair city so we're really cheering her on.

Gary: I so agree with what you said in your last post. My relationship with Jesus is what matters and what secures my salvation- not the laws. But, as a Christian it is my duty to do my best (with HIS help) to uphold those laws.
Well said!!

See you on the 20th. I watched both your Olympic team and my team at the weekend of curling in January. Both teams didn't do that well so it's anybody's game. Of course, you know who I'll be cheering for, right?

Hilary: Way to go on the exercising!! We just bought a Total Trainer and I'm enjoying getting used to it. I plan to get on it at least 3 times a week.

Veronica: Here's the recipe you asked for:

Chicken Stroganoff

Cut 4-5 boneless chicken breasts into bite size pieces. Brown in a small amount of oil in a large pan. Add 1/4 cup onions, chopped and 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced. cook until tender.

Blend in 1 can condensed mushroom soup and 1/4 tsp pepper.

Bring just to boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Stir in 1 cup sour cream. Heat but do not boil.

Serve with cooked noodles or rice. Serves 8.

This could be done with cooked, diced chicken or with scallops.

We just won silver in the cross country skiing. YAHHHH!

Have a good night!
Old 02-14-2006, 09:44 PM   #35  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

THANKS A LOT WILMA!

For giving me the results!...I admit I have seen most of the results on ESPN and Sports Illustrated webs ~ The Olympics won't be on here for a few hours.

Medal count as of Tuesday Feb. 14th 6:45 Pacific Standard time:

USA 5 GOLD ~ 2 SILVER : TOTAL OF 7

CANADA 1 GOLD ~ 1 SILVER ~ 1 BRONZE : TOTAL OF 3
Old 02-14-2006, 10:29 PM   #36  

Default Thanks Gary

I knew there would be someone here that could put my thoughts down on paper re the verse I previously mentioned.

When I had read it today the question I asked just popped into my head as I had been asked similar questions just recently re 'the law' and following Christ.

Always interesting to hear someone else explain what a Verse says to them.

As for Salvation - to lose it or not. I will have to go back and do more research on this as we did have a study on this some time ago - and we had 2 different reactions to it and both were brought up with Biblical verses to go with what the people were saying.

Myself I believe that once I asked Christ into my heart - was saved - that I will be saved for all eternity. This will never be taken away from me. But since I was saved should there be a time (and there has been) when I did not live my life as I should I will be held accountable to Christ on the day of Judgment - therefore I will still reside in 'Heaven' but not the same amount of 'crowns' as others that have done more of what I should have - hopefully this makes sense. I relate it somewhat like this. I am saved and so is Billy Graham. I have influenced some people with my bringing them to the Lord, he has influenced many. So I would think that when you put his life beside my life he should get more 'crowns/credit' for what he has done. I think this is sounding like I am saying about 'working my way to heaven' but that is not what I mean - hopefully you all understand.

Old 02-14-2006, 10:31 PM   #37  

Hi All, glad to be able to get online, had problems yesterday so i missed you guy.

crk05, so sorry to hear of your loss, i'm sure that God will be with you and dh as you go through this. prayers for u

Gary, i also use the internet for recipies, i joined the free part of All Recipes.com. it's great if you need to adjust for crowds

Marilyn, well it's day 2 and things are going pretty well for me and i'm hoping for you also. walked cinnamon for over a mile and only had a little valentines candy. i 'saved' up for it, but it didn't seem worth it. hoping to start a trend. must admit i haven't had time to try the yoga yet.

i'm wondering if anyone has any insights on hearing loss and hearing aids. around Christmas my younger sister, as only a sister can, yelled at me to get hearing aids. dh and the kids also complain sometimes that i can't hear what's going on...so i went to an audiologist who seemed to just want to sell me a hearing aid. i'm going to an ear/nose/throat dr next week, but i'm getting sort of nervous.

about the Laws....i believe that nothing can separate us from the love of God, the unconditional love of God, nothing..(wow) the only way we can be separated is if we use our free will (a gift of God) to turn away; but He's always right there, waiting for us to come back.

gotta go, lots left to do, have a great day tomorrow!
Old 02-14-2006, 10:33 PM   #38  

Default Please take time to read this

As most of you know my daughter, age 17, has Down Syndrome. Norm and I adopted her and her brother many years ago - Priscilla was 2 and Dom was 3.

Anyway I consider it a privilege to having such a special person call me mom and live in my house. She has taught me many many things over the years - I feel so blessed that I was allowed to bring her home and raise her.

Anyway, the following was sent to me today via email - and it means a lot to us as a family and I wanted to share it with you.

For all of those who love and nurture those who need it the most - they love us unconditionally every day of the year, not just valentines.. that is the purest love of all..

THE BEATITUDES-For Friends of Exceptional Children

Blessed are you who take time to listen to difficult speech:
For you help us to know that if we persevere,
We can be understood.
Blessed are you who walk with us in public places,
And ignore the stares of strangers,
For in your companionship,
We find havens of peace.
Blessed are you who never bid us to "hurry up",
And more blessed are you
Who do not snatch tasks from our hands to do them for us,
For often we need time rather than help.
Blessed are you who stand beside us
As we enter new and untried ventures,
For our failures will be outweighed
By the times we surprise ourselves and you.
Blessed are you who ask for our help,
For our greatest need is to be needed.
Blessed are you when you assure us,
That the one thing that makes us individuals
Is not in our peculiar muscles,
Nor in our wounded nervous systems,
Nor in our difficulties in learning,
Nor any exterior difference.
But is in our inner, personal, individual self
Which no affirmity can diminish or erase.

Author Unknown
Compliments of Motivating Moments LLC
http://www.motivateus.com
Old 02-14-2006, 11:49 PM   #39  

Default Hi!

Mauvan- PTL! Glad you were safe during the hurricanes- property can be replaced. Prayers you find the perfect house to meet your needs I am going to New Brunswick in July with my youth group, on a short missions trip.
His girl- Wow! two sons with the flu- Prayers you stay well and that they soon join you in that Happy Belated Birthday! Hope it was a nice one. Cool having ipod to walk with.
E.Z.- Thank! bowling average has been way done this year, can't seem to be consistant good game then a couple bad ones. Good thing life doesn't depend on bowling! Your dinner sounds yummy! Glad you liked the pics she is a cutie isn't she! We missed the big storm it stayed south of us, just cold- or should I say normal for this time of year.
Lydia mae-Hey! its o.k. just get back on track you can do it.
Sprout- HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY ! to you, sounds like you'll be busy with your house. That sadduces/pharisees were much more concerned that others saw them giving, praying ect. Christ called white sarcouphagus (probably spelled wrong) means coffin pure white outside, dead bones inside. Sounds like day 1 off to great start.
Pixiefalls-Thanks! Glad your feeling better!
Tweety-WELCOME!
kEEPING THE FAITH-Stew always good on a cold day! Did you guys get much snow, it missed us.
Christina- your still in my prayers for strength and healing but believe when the Lord is ready it will happen. Wow! 10 years out High School sounds like a lot then I look at myself its 26 years- wow! I am getting old!
Ms. Beth- sorry to hear about your neck and hands- prayers it all works out and you are feeling better soon.
wilma-Computer trouble is never fun. can be so fustrating! Sorry to hear your not feeling well, prayers your soon back to yourself and that the tests all come out well. Chicken stroganoff sounds yummy.
well time to get going to bed got an administration meeting tom. then off to prayer meeting and youth group you all take care. see ya!
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! GOD BLESS

Last edited by doitforme; 02-15-2006 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:34 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 168/190/125

Height: 5'4"

Hello.
My name is Krissie, and i posted a few days ago and Hilary kindly wrote me back telling me to come back if i liked.
Like my profile said, i am 16(will be 17 on 3/17/06), and i am looking for some buddies because i need some badly.
I am a Christian so i am glad that i have found yall, it will really help me in the long run. I really need a lot of help and support with my weight problems, but i also have a lot to give in return!
This is a great support site from what i've read, and i hope to hear from Hilary again and others soon!
~ Krissie
Old 02-15-2006, 09:04 AM   #41  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

Tweety: Welcome! You've found the right place if you're looking for support and prayers. Keep posting.

Gary: Thanks for the stats. We never get as many medals as you do as we don't have the population you do. But, we are very proud of those who get them. Your male figure skater (I forget his name, sorry) did an excellent job. When I went to bed he was in silver medal spot.

Keeping the faith: I don't know anything about hearing aides. I'll be praying that you get the right advice.

Sprout: You are such an inspiration to me. I have known a couple of Downs people in my life and I love how much love and affection they so naturally give out. I think Priscilla and Dom are also the lucky ones!!

I had my EKG this a.m. but of course, they won't tell me anything. If I don't hear back from my doc in the next couple of days I'll know that my heart is okay so far. I've been slowly starting to exercise and am eating much healthier again. so, hopefully I'll be able to get on with my life and have a lower BP as a bonus.

Have a great day!!
Old 02-15-2006, 09:18 AM   #42  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default Wednesday Morning

HI GALS~

I have a few minutes before I send in the mutts to wake Angie up!

KRISSIE~

MARILYN~ Awesome "BEATITUDES". As far as what I was saying about salvation ~ you are right ~ once saved it cannot be taken away from you ~ God wouldn't do that, He promises ~ HOWEVER! YOU CAN ~~ BY YOUR OWN FREE WILL ~~ Reject Christ and give it up. It ISN'T about sins you have done ~~ CHRIST ALREADY PAID THE PRICE FOR THAT ~ He said "It is finished!" on Good Friday. Rose Easter Sunday to Prove it.

As Christians, we want to live good lives for Christ, our desires to please him. However, once we start putting even a little emphasis on what "we" can do, how many crowns or levels WE will gain ~ THEN WE HAVE TAKEN THE GIFT THAT GOD GAVE US ~~ WHICH IS ~~ CHRIST'S DEATH ON THE CROSS ~ WHICH DID EVERYTHING FOR US ~~ AGAIN, AS GOD SAID ~~ IT IS FINISHED! and placed it back on "something we can do".

As humans, it is our nature to "earn" good things, we feel we "have" to do something ~ just like the Pharisees were doing ~ putting the emphasis on themselves.

Once you start sizing up your worth with wonderful men like Billy Graham, as far as "how far you will climb in Heaven", then you have taken away what God says to us and that is HE LOVES US ALL THE SAME ~ UNCONDITIONAL! Once you start putting emphasis on how many people you lead to Christ vs. Billy Graham, well, you LOSE! You see, even Billy Graham doesn't lead anyone to Christ ~ God DOES ~ using folks like Billy Graham, you and me as His vessels. Trust in Him and Him alone on where you will "end up!" ~ I am pretty darn sure it WILL BE WONDERFUL!!!

Gotta
Old 02-15-2006, 09:20 AM   #43  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

OH SURE WILMA ~ thanks for throwin' the population stat my way...wink
Old 02-15-2006, 09:55 AM   #44  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Hey everyone. About to be on my way to school but just wanted to stop by.

Wilma, thanks. Awesome, hope you like it! For me, I "feel" too lazy to exercise at first until I do it and realize it's just all in my head.. but it has to happen everytime I quit for a certain amount of time.

Krisse, I'm glad you came back. I saw you post a couple times and when I first came to the site I wasn't sure where I "fit in" at but I found it here and just became comfortable with the rest of the forum.

Thats a wonderful way to put it Gary, couldn't have said it better.

I'll be back tonight.. have a great day everyone!
Old 02-15-2006, 10:02 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/155

Height: 66"

Default Quick reply

Hi everyone. It is unusally busy here today. My mom had her surgery yesterday. Everything went well. No sign of cancer in lymph nodes. She will get results of tumors on friday. We are all optimistic.

Christina I think it is perfectly normal feeling how you do. You care for your friends and want them to be happy, yet you ache for your lost. You are a strong woman. You will be ok. Your time will come. And you will be blessed one way or another. For now, continue to "wow" the law schools. And, by the way, heard from anymore schools?

Gotta run folks.

Blessings to all.

Last edited by beth1167; 02-16-2006 at 09:34 AM.
Closed Thread