Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 12:14 PM   #61  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Smile Thanksgiving Saturday

HI GALS

Well today is our Thanksgiving. Angie made one turkey yesterday and has another one to go in later today along with a spiral ham from Costco (SO GOOD!)...I have scalloped potatoes going in the crock-pot (never made them that way before but we need the room and time so I tried this) I also have a billion potatoes peeled and under water ready for cooking and mashing later.

We took some pictures of the flowers aaawwww , that I sent Angie for Thanksgiving, with the new digital...I will see if they turned out and try to get them posted later.

I finished all the touch-up on the paint yesterday. Angie hung the valances and drapery stuff----looks pretty good...a lot of work but, hey, anytime I am doing things with my wife I am totally happy!! ...keeps her from yelling at me

SCARLETT Glad to have you here. I am not sure what you mean by fleshly eating habits though.

BETH Glad you did well on your Thanksgiving eating. My wife and I love chick flicks--- I would have been one of those guys there We enjoy (most) movies with Reese Witherspoon, Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullock~~ we also like some of the Jennifer Lopez and Meg Ryan movies. I "do" like the movies, but I found out a long time ago that if I watch them with her, well let's just say the pay-back is worth it . We will probably wait for the P&P to come out on video~~ still trying to get time to see Walking The Line this week-end.

WILMA Did you see Walking The Line yet? As you probably saw, Angie and I are trying to get to it this week-end~~ just so busy. Glad to see "someone" is on top of their shopping!!

RACHEL Great to see you here! So you are done with your shopping too? My goodness girl! Plenty of mashed potatoes going around here today for you. My son's friends are coming over early to play bocce ball. Enjoy your clean apartment.

Well here is wishing all the M.I.A.'s a great week-end too! I am listening to the Christmas music being played on the cd's Angie put in before she went on an errand~~~ plenty of Mannheim Steamroller~~~ and of course Charlie Brown Christmas (the cd they are selling at Starbucks)

~~~~~~~~ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR WEEK-END GALS~~~~~~~~
Old 11-26-2005, 12:31 PM   #62  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Wink

scarlett_in_CT! You will find a great group of people who are always willing to pray for you and be there for you when you need it. Also, not sure what you mean by fleshly eating habits.

Wilma -- how was Walk the Line? I really wanted to go see that, just never got around to it (yet). It always feels great to have the holiday shopping all finished!

Gary -- hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving with Angie! I can't wait to see the flowers you sent Angie!

Last night I was bad. I had a piece of pumpkin pie and an order of large fries from Mcdonald's I'll be okay as long as I stay OP from this point on!

Gotta get ready to go pick up my books from the school bookstore. see y'all later!

In Him,
Rachel
Old 11-26-2005, 12:49 PM   #63  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Hello!

DH and I tried to get to see Walk the Line last night. Unfortunately it was sold out so it must be good! We saw "Yours, Mine and Ours" instead. It was a great family show. We weren't disappointed. We will try to see Walk the Line soon. It got really great reviews.

Scarlett: Welcome! I hope you find the support here that you need. We listen to each other and pray for each other here. I wouldn't have lost all the weight I have if it wasn't for these wonderful people.

Lateralus: It's okay to indulge once in a while - just so you get OP again right away. You're doing great!!

Gary: Sounds like you'll be having a houseful. I love that! I'm already looking forward to Christmas. We have both sides of the family to meet with so we'll be busy. Let's see those pictures - you big romantic!!

Beth: I remember that feeling very well. Isn't it great that we can enjoy our food and not over indulge. We've come a long way! I haven't seen Pride and Prejudice yet. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it.

I am making my famous Orange Buns as a beginning to my Christmas baking so I better get moving on those.

Have a great day!
Old 11-26-2005, 01:08 PM   #64  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Scarlett! Please come back soon and post often.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:33 PM   #65  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

It's Angie here-
Below are pics of the photo art we purchased at the Carlsbad Street Faire and the flowers Gary sent me for Thanksgiving.

Old 11-26-2005, 04:20 PM   #66  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi Angie! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Aw, that Gary is something else! Tough on the outside but a real softie huh?! The flowers are gorgeous! And the pic is cool too!
Old 11-27-2005, 12:45 PM   #67  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Smile Morning After

HI GALS

Well our Thanksgiving went well yesterday. We ended up with 23 people, most came for bocce ball, happy hour, and dinner...a few came later from work. We started at 3 and ended about 11 when the fire pit ran out of wood...Angie bought one of those little fire pits from Target yesterday...we try to keep my son and his friends outside if at all possible . It was chilly here last night.....brrrr.....in the 50's....brrrr.. So she didn't want them to be too cold in their shorts and short sleeved shirts! My daughter's boyfriend "tried" to help by bringing a portable heater...he couldn't get it to work of course...what a LOOOSER so my brother had to get it going.

We ended up with quite a bit of leftovers since Angie cooked two turkeys and a ham and most people brought something since it was pot-luck...good for me since I didn't eat too much yesterday oh, I was full all right...got most of my calories out of liquids ...hey, can I help it if the friends of my son came through~~~FINALLY~~~ with what they were supposed to bring...beer and dessert

Angie and my sister in law had to leave for a little while, and play bells at church for Saturday night service, but my ex-wife came through with flying colors as assistant host as usual ...Nah, seriously Angie is never jealous of her! She is just part of our family. In fact I even drew her dad's name for our Christmas Eve gift exchange...my ex, her sister and parents spend that evening at our house.

Well, we "skipped" out on church today....not good....

Off to get the mutts some new food...they really seem to be itching a lot..

Later, Gary
Old 11-27-2005, 02:48 PM   #68  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Hello everyone! I know it's been a bit but since Thanksgiving was this week and I had the time off I've been around family and friends a bunch. I did pretty well with eating.. though we still have leftovers so I better watch out!

Angie -- The picture is beautiful and so are the flowers.

Scarlett -- Welcome here, it's a great place. Well, I've just slowed down on how much I was eating.. which was way too much! I just started eating better-for-you foods and started walking.. the eating less just came after that!

Hope everyone is doing well.. have a wonderful day
Old 11-28-2005, 12:50 PM   #69  
Losing and TTC'ing

Default newbie

Hi all! I'm new here and new to being vegan. My husband and I both began a vegan lifestyle last week (today is the completion of week one). We felt God calling us to that way of eating; we know its not for everyone. In the first week, I lost 6.5 pounds. I know that is unusual and it will slow down.
I'd like to be a part of this forum for support and accountability and to share Christian encouragement.
Annie
Old 11-28-2005, 12:59 PM   #70  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Annie! Please post often and let us know how your diet change is working for you. I use to go vegan during Lent, but it wasn't right for me. I do eat less meat now though because of it.

Lot's to do today. A new week, a new beginning. I've done well so far today being on program. Have to think about just today.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:24 PM   #71  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Cool Monday

HI GALS

Where is everyone

I just finished hanging "my end" of the outdoor Christmas lights. Angie does the windows from inside the house and all the other decorating. She is going to do some on Wednesday then we were both going to finish on Saturday...except I realized the big [B]USC~UCLA[B] game is on at 1:30 here and not a night game. No way I am missing USC stomp all over UCLA

MICHELE~Thanks again for the PM and input. I am pretty sure now that the Wellness food was not the problem~~~ I found a couple of small fleas on the mutts yesterday....I have been looking but hadn't seen any until then....they were due for their Frontline...but...they haven't ever had a flea problem...there is rarely a problem when the weather cools here either...and we hate to give it to them because it really makes Rylee sick...but tonight we did...better than their constant itching! Simba will do well on Wellness I believe...we were totally happy with it, Angie said Rylee and Reba's coats seem to do better with the chicken one. They do like the fish and sweet potato one too.

ANNIE~ Not gonna join you on the "vegan" diet though

HILARY~ Stay away from the leftovers!!

Well~~ off to our "leftovers"....but I did make bean soup for tomorrow night when i got off work today...then wednesday Angie is making turkey soup and that should do it for the leftovers!!! Still eating ham sandwiches for a few more days at work though and of course the delicios Amaretto cheesecake my daughter made for Thanksgiving~~ I hid it from "the others" (LOST FANS!)
Old 11-29-2005, 09:46 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/155

Height: 66"

Sunny - I love the siggy, but I can't get it to work.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:55 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/155

Height: 66"

Nevermind, it's working now. Don't what I did differently. Thanks

Hope everyone's doing well.

I have a new incentive now. I just volunteered to serve on the planning committee for my 20 year HS reunion. I have about 9 months to get to where I want to be.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:25 PM   #74  

Default Hi there!

Been away for awhile busy at work, 1st day off in a week, but things should ease up again as one staff returns from gallbladder surgery. Carole doing much better- released from hospital, home and recieving therapy 3 times aweek now. Still has along road ahead of her though.
Lori- prayers for your friend deb and her family.
Sunny- my baby niece is awesome, she talks on the phone now, and occassionally plays with the buttons and ends up hanging up, but she is too cute, Christmas will be fun, she probably has never seen a Christmas tree.
Welcome to scarlett and annie-
E.Z.- wow! awesome web site, I book marked it too. What pretty flowers! nice pic.
Hi to everyone else mitchy, wilma, margie and all others. I'm going to go help with dinner, then play cards I think, I had like 5 pages to read here, and did my reg. e-mail. Maybe tom I can post some more, gotta do my devotions too, not enough time in a day. The movie I can't wait to see is "The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe" by C.S. Lewis from the Chronicles of Narnia. It is released on Dec. 9th, it looks awesome. My nieces drama club did it last year, they did a great job with it, Asland the Lion is a good depiction of Christ. Well gotta run, hi to all I missed Glad everyone had a happy turkey day, I worked a douple that day from 8am-12midnight, catch ya later.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:28 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone,

The funeral was yesterday and Deb held up as well as to be expected. Dear Dan had at least 30 cars in the procession - God love him - it was SO cold at the cemetery - he was buried at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery for Veterans and it was a beautiful military ceremony -

I am so sick with a bladder infection - I'm actually bleeding and it scares me because my lower back is killing me too along with a fever Called my MD and they called the pharmacy and we waited until 6:00 and they hadn't filled it yet - then they claimed they never got a call - so I called my cousin the ER doc, and he called the pharmacy immediately - All of a sudden the pharmacy had TWO scripts - imagine that -

Just wanted to check in - haven't been keeping up with reading, but I'm praying for all of you just the same - thanks for the prayers for Deb and family - Hope you are all well -

Closed Thread