Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2005, 10:18 PM   #256  
I will do it this time

Thank you both for your prayers. I just realized that I didn't tell you much. Jackson just turned 2. He lives in Colorado and I am in California. He is my second grandson. He is the little guy with me in my picture. Thank you again and I will let you know how it goes. It is very hard to be so far from him. You are right though. I have to trust in the Lord.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:12 PM   #257  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Gary -- haha I was afraid someone would notice how much I had!! *hides* Thank you, I shall.. have fun with the marathon. And I'm not for certian you have but I know others have and I just have to let go of the guilt.

Sharon -- Aww, I have a nephew who turned one this month and I am so close to him. I worry about him with every little cold so I probably only have a glimpse of what you feel like. Prayers will continue for him, keep coming back and tell us how he is doing<3.. also prayes for you and the rest of your family through this time of need
Old 01-01-2006, 12:18 PM   #258  
I will do it this time

Good Morning!

I heard from son and DIL. She had sent son home for some rest. He was dealing with a nasty sinus infection and was beginning to feel nauseated. Plus the foot was hurting. (Foot is because of a surgery he had to reattach ligaments and what have you that he tore. He has been non weight baring for a couple of months. Two more weeks to go.) They had been going since 1:30 AM on Saturday. Jackson seem better. His temperature was down and he ate a bit. He won't let his Mom put him down. His oxygen level won't stay up unless he is on oxyten. It drops everytime they take him off of it. DIL sent me a picture of Mike and Jackson on the picture phone. Poor little Jackson was sittinn on dads lap in his little hospital gown attached to the nasal oxygen cunnula, an IV in his foot and a heart monitor on his other foot. That was a sad picture. I haven't heard anything yet this morning. Thanks for caring and for your prayers. After I asked for them, I felt more at peace about it all.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:57 PM   #259  

Default Reporting for Jan 1/06

Praying that all of you wonderful people had a good time last night - not eating or drinking to much but rather just enjoying the evening with family and friends.

Well today is brings about a new week, new month AND a New Year. Good time to make plans - realistic ones for 2006. Put 2005 behind and start fresh.

And that is just what I am doing. Have my plan outline and am ready to proceed with it.

I have decided not to look at the HUGE amount of weight I need to lose but only at 10% of my current weight. This will improve my health greatly - just 10%. I then took time to reflect how long I wanted / need to lose this 10% - by the way it is 30 pounds I am starting with. I decided that I would really like to see this off by April 30 - hubby will just have retired so that would be a nice start to his retirement with me being healthier by 30 pounds.

So this means my eating plan has be to consistent and that I have to exercise, exercise, exercise. I am cutting back all sugar - avoiding it at all times knowing that there might be a slip once in a while but taking all precautions to avoid it, reducing all foods with white flour - bread will be limited to 3 days a week with only 2 slices per day, potatoes I am allowing each day hubby is home from work but it will be one small boil potatoe and pasta only once per week - and all in proper portion size. For exercise I am walking. We have an excellent Rec Plex (holds our indoor swimming pool that has a wave pool included, and our hockey arena) and on the doors to the hockey arena it lists how many times you have to walk around the concourse to walk a mile. So each day hubby is home we will be going there for a walk. I also just burned my Walk Away the Pounds tape (put it from VHS to CD) so will also be doing that each day. I have the 1 - 2 - 3 mile walk but will be naturally starting with the 1 mile one.

Well, it is 10:55, have had a balanced breakfast and my lunch is planned for 1 pm. Now I have to see about getting in my walking - think the Rec Plex is closed till after lunch so will do the CD walk before lunch and then after lunch will go out with hubby for walk at the Rec Plex.

I AM going to accomplish this this year.
Old 01-01-2006, 02:40 PM   #260  

Default Feeling sooooo good

As you can see I have 2 tickers - one for the 30 pounds I am going to lose by April 30 and the other for the miles I walk.

This tickers are as of January 1, 2006 - and you will notice that I have updated my walking ticker ALREADY Just did 1 mile with the Walk Away the Pounds - and must admit I am feeling it - it is so different doing this tape rather than just going for a walk. Am thinking I am going to do it one more time today - either just before supper or after - it is 1 mile in 15 minutes so you really 'walk.'

Feeling good - and looking forward to hearing how everyone else is doing.

NOTE: As it is the first of the month and a new year, is there someone here that could start a new thread - not sure if SunnyD is around to do this for us.
Old 01-01-2006, 04:18 PM   #261  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Sharon -- Good to hear he is doing a bit better. I'm glad he is under a watchful care and also glad you had peace about it. Will also continue prayers<3

Sprout -- Awesome job on the walking! I saw the 1, 2, & 3 mile set at the store but bought the BL DVD workout.. I think I might go back and get that one after a little while!
Old 01-01-2006, 04:20 PM   #262  

Default New thread started

STOP

I have started a new thread
Please stop posting here and come to the new threat

Not sure how to give you the link but the thread is

Christian Encouragers #210
Old 01-01-2006, 04:21 PM   #263  

Default New thread started

STOP

I have started a new thread
Please stop posting here and come to the new threat