Old 03-19-2009, 04:45 PM   #31  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Skinnybutt, I totally agree with what you said and EZ you are on the money. I am just a Christian, I am non-denonminational. I do not believe that there will denonminations in Heaven, that we will all be there as one. I believe everyone will be there on one accord to Praise the Most High, the one and only Living God. I know there are many denonminations, but I believe that in the end when it all comes down to it, the bottom line is do you belive in Jesus Christ and do you believe He is the Son of God, and that he died on the cross for all of our sins and that He arose from the dead on the 3rd day and that no cometh to the Father but thru His Son Christ Jesus and that He Lives today for you and me. These are the important things in life, I don't care if you are black or white, Indian or Chinese or whatever that does not matter, it does not matter what type of hymns you sing. What matters, is do you believe, really believe in Jesus Christ and that He died for you so that you may have eternal life and have it more abundantly, and are you a living wittness to spread the Gospel, His Word, and to help, really help one another, if so Can we all just praise the Lord.

Aggie
colormerd47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:15 PM   #32  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5' 2"

I am Pentecostal. I believe in the Bible. I believe it is God's word. We are not to add to it or subtract from it. I believe in the oneness of God. I believe Jesus is the father, the son and the Holy Ghost all in one. I believe in the baptism in Jesus name. I believe Jesus is coming back soon to get his people.
I also personally believe that God will Judge people's hearts and people from all religions will be saved. This isn't' taught in my church. This is just something I believe. Their are good God Fearing people in all denominations. God will Judge according to their works and their hearts. IMHO.
DiBaskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:20 PM   #33  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

I haven't posted on 3FC for a while! I was Catholic, converted when I was 16. And now I am a full fledged (almost - I get baptized Sunday) member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints - AKA Mormon. A lot of people don't think we're true Christians because we don't adhere to "traditional" doctrine, but I truly believe that this church is true! That's not to say I necessarily judge others for not having the same beliefs as me - we are all God's Children!

If you're interested, google "Articles of Faith" and it will bring you to the LDS.org website - that's what we believe (I didn't want to post a link)
lateralus98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:46 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 200/200/160

Height: 5'5

I am technically Adventist. I believe the Sabbath is on Saturday and that is when I attend church (if I do...I've been slacking for awhile). There are alot of beliefs within the Adventist denom. that I do not adhere to such as not eating or eating very little meat, processed foods, not wearing make-up/jewelry, not eating pork, etc.

Not all Adventists do those things listed above but many do, as a general rule most Adventist I know are 'health nuts' inspired by the Bible and the fact that our bodies are temples. There are many Adventist vegans, perhaps more than any other denom.

None of these things are needed for salvation, obviously, and most Adventists who stick by it merely strongly encourage the practice thereof rather than saying it's God's law.

For my personal beliefs:

I believe in the Virgin birth
I believe in Jesus Christ, that is He is the son of God, died on the cross and rose from the dead to save our souls
I believe the only way to heaven is through accepting Jesus as your saviour
I believe in both Heaven and ****
I take the bible literally (except for parts which are obviously symbolic) and believe it as complete truth
I believe that with enough faith in God, anything can be achieved as long as it's His will
eleanorigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:01 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 270/206/150

Height: 5-4

Ok, here goes...
My church that I belong to is of Bretheren in Christ denomination.
However we do not put so much emphesis on that, as we do in treat your neighbor as you would want to be treated. Love and live the teachings of Christ.
If you would like to visit the website from my church, email me.
Try the Romans series. It is awesome.
lookingtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:42 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Aggie I agree with you so much, thanks for sharing.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote