Old 07-26-2006, 11:47 PM   #16  
Believe and Achieve

S/C/G: 365/311/180

I'm Pentecostal born and raised.
butterfly_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:48 PM   #17  

Hi everyone. I am rather new to this web site and when I came across this link I just had to chime in. I was raised catholic, I attended a Lutheran Missouri Synod for 2 years but then came to settle in our Missionary Alliance Church over the last 14 years. I guess when it comes to explaining our beliefs I thought I couldn't say them much better than what is on our church web site so this is a clip from there:

FAITH We believe that the local church is a fellowship of individuals who have personally placed their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior.
TESTIMONY We believe that each person who puts their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ for their salvation should give public testimony of the event by being baptized by immersion.
FELLOWSHIP We believe that each person who has received salvation through faith in Jesus Christ should join other believers by membership in a local church.
MINISTRY We believe that each believer has been gifted by the Holy Spirit with a special spiritual gift(s) which is to be used to bless the church body.
LIFE We believe that each believer should grow in their faith through discipleship and live their life in a way that brings praise and glory to God.
OTHERS We believe that each person is a creation of God for whom God sent forth His Son to die for their sins in order that they through faith in Him may receive forgiveness and eternal life.

Theresa
GoingGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 11:55 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 256/205/150

Height: 5' 6"

Tink I don't mind what so ever. and thank you for proclaiming His goodness.
higherfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:01 PM   #19  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

God created Adam and Eve. He wanted a people who would worship him of his own free will. When Adam failed, man went under the law. They had to strive to live. Man had to sacrifice to have there sins forgiven. The blood of a spotless lamb, presented by the high priest was the only way for forgiveness, but didn't provide eternal life. The high priest was the only one that could go through the veil to present it to God. God spoke into Mary's womb, and she gave birth to the man Jesus Christ, the son of God. In the 3rd year of his ministry, Jesus was crucified. He descended into ****, and rose again on the third day. His blood was presented to the Father in The Holys of Holys, and found acceptable to cover our sins. The Veil was torn, now man can enter the Holys of Holys, with praise and thanks giving. And now we can have eternal life, because Jesus is the spotless lamb, and he fullfilled the law completely! He then walked the earth for 40days doing miracles. He now sits at the right hand of the Father, making intersession for man. He will return again! He left his spirit (the comforter, the Holy Spirit, The Holy Ghost, or the Spirit of Truth) to lead guide and direct us into all truth. We no longer need the law to keep on the strait and narrow, the Spirit does that for us.

The fact that I believe that this is The Gospel is based on I Corinthians 15 1-4

WOW did I type all this?? Well, this is the foundation of my belief, this is The Gospel I trust in, rely on, adhere to and follow.

God Bless each one of you
Christie

I had to edit this post, I never mentioned that I am not of any denomination. Like one person mentioned, there is no denomination in Heaven. We must seek out our own souls salvation.

Last edited by wannaBsize7; 07-27-2006 at 04:25 PM.
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:02 PM   #20  
Saved by the Grace of God

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5'6"

i have no denomination to speak of. Basically i am a conservative Bible-believing Christian. i believe the Gospel is summed up in 3 parts: sin, judgment, and righteousness. Sin is the breaking of God's laws (10 commandments). We will all face judgment for our sins and deserve **** (lake of fire). Jesus took the punishment for those who have faith. The only way to be saved is through repentance and faith (and the faith is counted as righteousness). It really bothers me when many churches these days completely ignore the sin and judgment parts of the Gospel. They've given up the Biblical Gospel for the prosperity gospel. The "ask Jesus into your heart and you'll have everything you've ever wanted" gospel leads to so many false conversions.

Here's a couple of links:
http://www.wayofthemaster.com/
http://www.livingwaters.com/

If you get the chance, listen to ****'s Best Kept Secret. It's amazing.

In Christ,
christine
HoosierMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:46 AM   #21  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

I am one of Jehovah's witnesses! most people don't know that it is a christian faith! We believe Jesus came here and died for our sins so that we may be forgiven and given a second chance! We believe that one day god will keep his promise and will restore the earth to it's beautiful paradise and the meek will inherit it once again!
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:49 AM   #22  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

I am one of Jehovah's witnesses! most people don't know that it is a christian faith! We believe Jesus came here and died for our sins so that we may be forgiven and given a second chance! We believe that one day god will keep his promise and will restore the earth to it's beautiful paradise and the meek will inherit it once again!
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:11 PM   #23  
Closed

S/C/G: 186

Height: 5'6

I wanted to be baptized in the eyes of our Father, so my husbands family is Church Of Christ so I was baptized in the Church Of Christ Faith but my heart lies with the Lord like Christine & Christie. I believe in celebrating Jesus Birthday, Easter and Thanksgiving so I stay at home, study the Bible and Bible study and I pray a-lot. I reach out to help people and I belive that is what God wants. As Christie said there is no denomination in Heaven. It is not going to matter to Jesus what denomination we are, it is how we live our lives and true to him we are.

Last edited by Nita Ann; 01-11-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Nita Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:53 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I am Presbyterian (PCUSA). We believe scripture must be read and scripture must be preached, and we have a strong emphasis on prayer.

Last edited by bargoo; 01-18-2009 at 09:57 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:43 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 207/212/155

Height: 5'9

I was raised in the Catholic church. When I was 17 and my dad died, my mom's sister told me that I was attending a cult and that we worship Mary (not true). She got to my head so I stopped going to a Catholic church, and started going to a Bible church. I felt out of place there, I felt more comfortable in the Catholic church even if I don't agree with everything. Currently I do not attend any church. I don't know what kind of church is wrong or right. I feel like either way I will be judged by one person or another. All I know is Christ died for our sins, he is my Savior.
stellarwbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:09 PM   #26  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Traditionally, both sides of my family were Anglican; but as a child, we attended a United Church until I was about 10 or 11 y/o and I was baptized there; and that is where my main Christian beliefs were formed. At nineteen y/o old, I rededicated my life to Jesus, and asked him into my heart to be my personal Savior and Lord; although, I have always loved him and GOD my whole life.

I follow the gospel written in the Bible; and I don't fuss too much about denomination, but prefer to focus on what we agree about, and not on our doctrinal differences, which I believe won't matter in the end.

I believe Jesus came and died for our sins and we are forgiven (continually as we live in His grace). I have attended many different denominations in my life becuz I have lived in many different places; but one of my favorites is the Salvation Army church which I attended while in college.

My DH is Catholic; so I go there with him sometimes, but now and again, we go to a Protestant church of my choice just for a change. I love singing the old traditional hymns, like I was used to hearing in the United, Baptist, Christian Reformed, and Salvation Churches in the past ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:51 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 331 highest 308/see ticker/185

Great thread.

Lets see, I started Luthern, then went to Brethern for a short time, then Church of God, and now a Church that is actually a Seventh Day Adventist, but I am not SDA.

My feelings are that God created various denominations becasue everyone needs different things to speak to them. For me I must have relationship. The church I go to does not preach denomination, in fact I did not know it was SDA for 2 months, I just thought they met on Saturdays becasue they shared a building. No one says a word to me if my family brings a pepperoni pizza to a pot luck, in fact only half of the church follows the SDA traditional beliefs about foods. And rarely do you find a SDA church with full bands, keys, drums, congas, and 3-4 guitars, rarely do you find hands raised high....etc. Denomination does not define our church. The Love of Christ, and loving one another is what defines us.

And really, the greatest commandment is what should define all of us, Love one another As Christ so loved US
Redflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:42 PM   #28  

Hi All,

I go to a Calvary Chapel, and this is basically their statements of faith (mine too )
I believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible, authoritative Word of God. I believe the Bible is the one and only true standard, nothing is in it that isn’t supposed to be, and if it isn’t there, we don’t need it.

I believe that there is one true and living God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and that this triune God created all, upholds all, and governs all.

I believe in Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son conceived by the Holy Spirit.

I believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teaching. His substitutional atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven.

I believe in the deity of Christ, in His Virgin Birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His continuous intercession for His people and personal, visible return to earth.

I believe renewal by the Holy Spirit is essential, and that repentance from sin and acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour is the only way to come into a relationship with God.

I believe that all men are sinners by nature and choice and, therefore, are under condemnation.

I believe through the Holy Spirit, God regenerates those who repent of their sins and confess Jesus Christ as Lord.

I believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life.

I believe His power and gifts are available to believers today.

I believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they who are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they who are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.

I believe it is important to uphold the scriptural practices of the early church. Therefore,

I believe in water baptism by immersion and the regular taking of Communion, I don’t believe that either of these practices are necessary for salvation, but they serve as a demonstration of our living faith in Jesus Christ.

I believe He is my Lord

And my most favorite statement is

This ministry is non-denominational. I am not opposed to denominations as such, only their over-emphasis of doctrinal differences that have led to the division of the body of Christ. I believe that the only true basis of Christian fellowship is His love, which is greater than any differences we possess and without which we have no right to claim ourselves Christians.

Last edited by Kelli; 02-06-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:46 PM   #29  

I also like your answer red flame!
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 189/173.5/141

Height: 5'3"

Another Lutheran -Missouri Synod here....Ex-Sunday School teacher, now Treasurer of congregation for past 6 years. Love this thread!
yooperfinn is offline   Reply With Quote