Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 10:04 AM   #31  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Yes, I meant diced TOMATOES. Feta cheese does melt, but you can use any kind of cheese you like. Feta gives it a different flavor and the family really likes this particular combinations of ingredients.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:28 AM   #32  

Default hi there!

Lori- Wow what lucky kids, prayers your able to get around with no major difficulty, and for continued healing. Keep us posted what ortho says.
Wilma- glad all went well with the wedding.
E.Z.- frittatas sound great, so glad all is well
Mitchy- prayers that your able to find a new apt. and that this person is the right one to rent a house with, you must be feeling some better?
I am doing fine, I gotta work today then a off tom. then work a couple hours on Thurs. then off to camp for a long weekend. Still haven't got my pics done, waiting for next check. Hi to all mia's pray all is well with you guys too. gotta go catch up on devos didn't get yesterday done, story of my life. see ya
Old 08-23-2005, 11:51 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning!

Sue: Thanks again for the nice thoughts - my ortho appt. is at noon and mom and dad will be here in a few minutes - I'll let you all know! We feel incredibly blessed with our children. I was adopted as a child and always wanted to adopt. God really has a sense of humor I think. I ALWAYS wanted a big family and since I could only have Michael, he gave us the girls and our little boys -some days I just KNOW he's chuckling!!

Gary: The recipe sounds awesome - I'll copy it for Bob to make!!

Wilma: Glad the wedding went well. Was it your son or daughter? Our niece just got married this summer and it sure is a weird feeling to see these babies born and then getting married isn't it?

I need to scoot - well, gimp - HA!!!!

HAve a GREAT day!
Old 08-23-2005, 12:12 PM   #34  
Walking Off The Pounds

Smile It's TUESDAY !

SunnyD/Donna - Good to see you around here again, glad you're feeling better, I think it shows! How's your walking going this month? I'm only at 9.75 miles YUCK!! but yet I knew it wouldn't be much with the humidity, I'm so-o-o ready for it to cool off.

wilma - So happy to hear the wedding went well and that you're enjoying your holiday. Be sure to post pics when you can.

EZ - watched some of the LLWS, obviously some really good players there, is West still in it? Have they advanced? With a 13yo I don't always have 'custody' of the TV you know. 'ANGIE' thanks for 'making' Gary send the frittatas recipe, sounds great - will try it out soon. Gary, sounds like you're quite the chef?? Do you enjoy cooking or just like to help out? Maybe it's just the 'eating' part you enjoy??

doitforme/Sue - Great news with the baby - what's her name - don't remember if you told us before and maybe I just forgot? Looking forward to pics. PTL that all went well and are home safe, well almost, camping again?? Sounds great, wish I could get away for a weekend! Enjoy!

wkgirl/Karla - sounds like you've been really busy! Isn't it great to see these 'projects' come together - a lot of work but well invested in your family & home. Hope you're taking some time to enjoy it too. 2nd trimester and tired. . . hmmmm, I was tired the whole time. . . . wait a minute, I still am!

Mitchypoo/Michele - Sorry to hear about the Pastor friend, maybe something has come up in his life, you never know he may make contact again. . . Miguel sounds nice but listen to those gut instincts. Hope you're feeling better now. How did the house hunting go?

mom2fivesweeties/Lori - glad to hear DH brought the computer down for you. Sorry to hear though that you knee finally went kaput! Do you have a dr appt yet to get any idea on your options and timeframe? Hope you're getting along okay with everyone gone. Keep us posted.

Okay, now here's my updated:

1) DD went back to school last Friday, seems really happy and enjoying it. Only 8 girls in the class/5 boys so they're all real close and seem to travel in packs outside of school but all in all are good kids and have a good time together.

2) Walking, as you may have seen my post earlier to Donna, not doing so well, way-y-y too humid, and being the 'wicked witch of the west' I melt!!! Seriously though, getting overheated is NO FUN, been there and done that. Although I have been on my treadmill, trying to make it more of a 'habit'.

3) THANK YOU Michele, Donna, Gary, wilma, mkay, sue for your advice and prayers concerning Fred. I agree that he does seem too 'needy', planning on just sitting down with him (again) and stating where I'm at and where "we're" at and if he doesn't like it I guess that's just going to be too bad. I do enjoy his company when we walk but I don't need all the extra headache that seems to be attached. DD is starting to resent the phone calls, clingy-ness, etc. so it must be noticeable.

Guess that's my update for now, hope all are doing well. . . BTW, where are all our MIA's??? Teel??? Are you back?? Or did you decide to run away from us?? Rachel, Zoe, Lynn, Candy, - shall I keep going??? Okay, Janice, Jackay (how's them boys?), Sherry, common you guys, all the MIA's get back here and check in!! Seriously now, we do think about you guys and keep you in our prayers, come back when you can. Hugs & prayers to all for a great Tuesday - Margie
Old 08-23-2005, 03:56 PM   #35  
Walking Off The Pounds

Question is it . . . . ME?

Wow, was it my breath???

or something I said????

Where'd everybody go???

-Margie
Old 08-23-2005, 04:04 PM   #36  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Old 08-23-2005, 07:06 PM   #37  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Smile Tuesday

HI LADIES

THANK~GOODNESS MARGIE it is your breath and not mine!

Remember not toooo long ago when SUNNYD had to give us a roster of the 3FC CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS ...

Have an easy casserole in the oven ready to go off before the big LITTLE LEAGUE WORLD SERIES game between the WEST and the team from La. tonight. Our local team will be in the semi fianls either tomorrow or Thursday, win or lose tonight. Just depends on what seed they are after the game tonight.

Ron is really enjoying 10th grade so far...2 whole days!...and that has been without his medicine for ADHAD...I am sure he will need it soon...right now he is hanging in there.

MARGIE~ ME? a chef?? .....I told Angie what you said...her reaction~~ OH! PA-LEEEEZZ Nah, I do cook a bunch, but mostly just because if I don't...I won't eat...Angie refuses to cook half of the days she works~ ....actually, that is how I found this site~~ looking for a recipe. I googled some ingredients and I ended up here. About 7~8 years ago I was lounging in my recliner...my son was stretched out on the couch...we were starving because Angie was late getting home from school...anyway the front door opens and son and I at the same time say.."What's for dinner?"..Angie just says..."WHAT~EVER! you are making!!" ..."in FACT! from now on YOU are cooking once a week! to give me a break!!"...well, I started with one day, then 2, then 3 a week...now we both prepare the meals, we pretty much know each other's schedules...if I get home first I usually start it..unless she has something already planned....generally she does the lighter dishes and chicken...I do the heavier ones and hamburger...I do cook chicken and she does cook beef though. She is the BBQ~er and I am the casserole person.

Glad your DD has a small class...is it a christian school? Our kids went pre-school through 8th at our Lutheran school..loved every minute of it. My daughter had 5 in her graduating class!...son had about 12.

Keep up with the walking the best you can! Good luck with Fred~if it is bothering your daughter...and she is legit with her "noticing"...which I am sure she is..it is time to SET the ground rules! Just explain that "your" life is raising your daughter at the moment...there is room for him in it...as YOU see fit...but it may not be what he is looking for at this time. As you mentioned, there may be a time for more of him...just not now...he needs to know...just think of the mess it would be if you meet someone that is "special"...in a different way than Fred...well, wouldn't be easy on him, especially if you hadn't explained top him clearly...some guys are just "block-heads" though when it comes to romance!!...just ask my wife

SUE~ How did the pic-nic go? Where are you off to camping again? Season almost over already!! How is our little China doll neice doing

MICHELE~ How did the house hunting go? My neice, Summer Dawn, is still living with me...looks like she finally found a 3 bedroom apt. that will work for her, my other neice~her sister~ Sunshine and her husband, and another friend. They have been looking for a house for so long...they just go fast...a 3~4 bedroom house here rents for close to $2,000 a month...but they go quick because the price to buy is so high. They finally settled on a remodeled apt. to be ready in Oct. for $1,500 a month...such a deal~ My ex in-laws just bought a house in Fairfax Minnesota for $47,000!...the price to rent a house here for 2 years! Of course it is an old one...quite cute though...they have tons of family left in Minn. so they will go back and forth from here to there with the winters. Good luck.

GIMPY ~~ Well LORI, how did the chiro. go? Hope you are feeling much better by now. So, it looks like Bob is a push-over like me on the cooking

HELLO TO EVERYONE ELSE...MISSING ALL OF YOU!

OFF to watch the WEST!!! go RBV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2005, 07:08 PM   #38  

Hello!

Margie: No, not you - just got back from the ortho guy - I have NO cartilage left in either knee - SIGH - I've had arthritis since my 30's and he said that the wearing of the cartilage away causes severe pain. Apparently when the water twisted my knee in the pool last week, it twisted bone on bone. He said the only cure is a complete knee replacement in BOTH knees. I'm only 50 though and he said they would only last around 20 years. I probably won't live past 70 though - can't even imagine it! But I'm going to do 800 mg. of ibu every 4 hrs. to keep the imflammation down and stay on the crutches - he said it should be back to where it was in around 4 weeks. Never normal, but where it was - I was limping, but still mobile then -

Where does your dd go to school? I know what you mean about the heat to walk in - I tried to walk before this latest thing with my knee and this summer has been SO hot here in southwestern IL - where do you live?

Have a great evening!
Old 08-23-2005, 07:11 PM   #39  

LOL! Gimpy here -

Looks like Gary and I posted simultaneously again -

Thanks for asking, Gary, see my other post -

This is me after my knees feel better!
Old 08-23-2005, 10:23 PM   #40  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default Yes!

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.....

Our local Little League team ....The WEST won again tonight...they are in the semi final against Florida tomorrow...I think the boys will win that, although Florida is a pretty good team...then play agaisnt Hawaii...VERY GOOD! team...if they beat Louisianna.

LORI So sorry about your knees! I severed my anterior cruciate ligament about 15 years ago and was out of work almost a year....I had torn it in high school P.E. football...was in a cast...and had trouble for 25 years with it...now it is GREAT! My mom, sister and brother in-law are watching Vista..THE WEST...on the ESPN and ESPN2 channels...getting home sick!! They are tired of the southern Illinois weather...here in southern Calif. it is low 70's...no humidity!

MARGIE Hey! Just tell your DD about the "CUTE" guys that VISTA~THE WEST has on their team....! Then you can watch too ...the San Diego news was at the middle school that 10 of the boys go to today...in the interviews you could tell the 12~13 yr. old girls really loved Kalen Pimentel of course I LOVE HIM TOO!! ...he had a record 18 strike-out game and has had 2 grand slams in the last 2 games!!

Off to do dishes!!

Prayers for all...Gary
Old 08-24-2005, 01:12 AM   #41  
low-carb forever!

S/C/G: 206/137/137

Height: 5'7"

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchypoo
um lets see, it should read like this:

[IMG]www.photobucket.com/albums/v242/SunnyD57/Sigs/Sigs-2/MARGIE3.jpg[/img]

try that...
Your sig says "Since 1/4/05" and then has a "thank you Jesus" blinkie. WHAT is since 1/4/05?
Old 08-24-2005, 08:51 AM   #42  
Walking Off The Pounds

Thumbs up Wednesday

fatvictoria - HI! On Michele's entry, 'since 01/04/05' is weight loss of 15 pounds and the blinkie is thanks and praise to Jesus for her success! PTL. See you've lost 60 lb also with only 6 to go! That's awesome!!! Please hang around and join us. . . hope that answered your question.

mom2fivesweeties/Lori - I'm in southern Ohio on the 'Beautiful Ohio', or as we say around here "up river from you". So sorry on your knee news but you probably knew it was coming sooner or later. I have a good friend who had both replacements done last year, he was only 45!, and doing wonderful. Says he would do it again in a heartbeat, took it easy on recovery and now almost as good as new. SO much BETTER that before the replacement! Get those knees taken care of and we'll see you dancing like that again in no time!

EZ - I knew it was MY breath!! Anyone got a mint?

Did watch a good bit of the LLWS last night (DD in the bedroom) saw the GRAND SLAM and it was AWESOME, by the way west has a fan in Ohio too. Yes, even Mom here thinks Kalen is a cutie. Did you hear the attendance reports? I couldn't believe they are 'averaging' about 30,000 A GAME!!! That's terrific, I'm sure the local economy is seeing a real boost from this. When do they play again? Let me know so I can tune in. . .

Also good to hear that Ron is doing well, prayers it continues.

I'm sure Angie is happy to have you help out so much, cooking, etc., with everyone at your house you probably feel like you're cooking for an army most days. I understand that, growing up I have 3 brothers, Mom, Dad & me, then friends, etc., we always had a houseful, especially at mealtime! I just spent 2 1/2 hour last night weedeating - still isn't done - but would LOVE to share that chore with someone - ANYTIME!

DD goes to the local catholic school, about 7 blocks from my office, there's 82 enrolled this year, grades 7 to 12, we're not Catholic - Methodist, but the theology is very similar, as is Lutheran. . .

Spoke again with Fred last night, he's always saying stuff like I'm mad at him or 'something's wrong' - his two favorite phrases. I let him say his peace, which basically is "I'm lonely, I don't have anyone but you, my whole life revolves around you and whether or not I can be around you". So I told him that he needed to get involved in something ('you need to help me find something'), no pick yourself up and find something to do, a hobby, reading, cleaning out closets, something that isn't dependent upon me. I told him that I just didn't have the time to give him as much as he wanted and he would just have to accept what I had to offer because that's all there is.

I also expect to be walking again at the park, probably 3 or 4 nights a week, which he walks with me, after Labor Day as DD is back in dance class (also teaching this year-$10 an hour, not bad for a 13yo!), he just needed patience as we will be walking, seeing each other more and I will have a little more time for 'me'. I also thought about the 'someone else' scenario like you mentioned, that's why I think it's best to be up front about feeling and expectations.

Wow, housing prices there are outrageous! Surely it is close to hitting a bust???? I know I can't pay rent here for what I pay in mortgage - and it's all mine - yardwork, upkeep and all!!!!

By the way, 'block-head', I can't imagine who you're talking about.

Best get at it today, boss is gone but as always lots to get done. Did get a walk in at lunch yesterday, a little cooler, now at 11.42 miles for August, still trying to get to 20 miles this month. . . Will try to check in later, hope everyone has a great Wednesday - Margie

Last edited by Margie B.; 08-24-2005 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:47 AM   #43  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Thanks Margie for answering, you are so right!

No news on a place to move yet, not feeling exactly right about the place i went to go see... but God will take care of me...
Old 08-24-2005, 10:29 AM   #44  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default Wednesday

GOOD MORNING GALS

Off to work in a few minutes, doing some drywall work on my son's kindergarten teacher's home...wow, how long ago was that? since he is 24 now!

Angie is off to work for her first day teaching this year...only half a day...and no kids! so she is happy

MARGIE Glad you saw part of the LLWS game...the boys play again today, on ESPN, at 4:30 PST...that is either 6:30 or 7:30 your time, I think(?)!....if they get by Florida today, they will play the winner of Hawaii--I am sure this will be the winner--and Lousiana..on Saturday.

There are alot of people watching there at Williamsport, Pa. There are 16 teams there, 8 from the U.S.A. and 8 International teams....most of the teams stay awhile, in fact, even the losers of the semis play consulation games.

LITTLE LEAGUE is big and getting bigger, with the added ESPN exposure the last few years.

Looks like you are on the right track with Fred, maybe as you both start walking again you can "EASE" him into the situation a little more...hopefully, for his sake, he can adjust and have a good friend in you, if not...and he continues to "hold-me~~hold-me"...well, guess you'll have to help him move on/out. Just keep thinkin' girl..."NOT THE MOMMY~~NOT THE MOMMY!" when you have your chats with him

Well, off to work..........
Old 08-24-2005, 11:08 AM   #45  

Default Hi kids-

Lori- Glad to hear ortho said knee could be back to where it was without surgery, to bad you will need replacement surgery. My dad had both knees replaced. He had one done about 4 yrs ago, and the other 3 yrs ago. He is doing great no more pain for the most part, he can't get on his knees but he has adapted. Made different tools so he can continue to garden ect. So happy to be pain free, wishes he had done it earlier.
Margie- Her name is kaylee rose she is doing good it is so much fun having a baby in the family again, makes adults act like fools, cooing, and talking to her. Glad to hear you talked to fred, E.Z. is right but then he is our resident big brother, and has our best interest at heart, nice to hear things from a male perspective.
E.Z. the picnic was great, I leave for camp tom. My camping ends on Columbus weekend so a little bit left. Our little china doll is still doing awesome. Get to spend the whole weekend with her and the family camping, and church guarenteed to be fun. Hi to all those MIA's also hi to fatvictoria
come back and let us know more about ya. Gotta run, God bless.
Closed Thread