Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 10:35 AM   #61  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Gary, i think all you need to do is go to edit your signature and where you have the link starting with [img] and ending with [img], well change the last one to [/img] and i think it'll show.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:55 PM   #62  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Afternoon CER's

For all those praying and who have asked about my DF...
it IS very hard to watch them age! Especially since I am so far away from them and feel so helpless. I got a note from my mother last night telling me that they saw the doctor yesterday and that the DR. is very concerned for my father also, and she ordered a lot of tests for him... blood, stool and a chest x-ray's to look for silent pneumonia or bronchitis. It has nothing to do with his diabetes or his medication. His glucose was 118 which is good. So they are still baffled about his chronic fever. It's so scary when you don't know why something is going wrong in the body. I do so appreciate your thoughts and prayers for him and my family Thank-you all so very much! My DF thanks you all as well!!! He knows that there is a prayer-chain for his health here and so appreciates it!!

*~*~*

Quote:
Father, we praise Your name...Thank You for our elderly people. They have such wisdom and grace, gifts from You. We pray today for them physically, mentally and spiritually. We lift them up to You for healing of their bodies. Hold them, comfort them and let them feel Your touch, Your gentleness...thank You our sweet Father...In Jesus name...and we all said...Amen and Amen!
AMEN MKay, you have such a tender heart Thank-you for that lovely prayer!! I copied it and sent it to my mother to show my father... he was very touched!! You made me cry... in a good way {{{hugs}}}

Ohhh sweet Nancy, I am so very sorry to hear that you father had a hard night... my prayers are with you, your family and your Dear Father as well!!! But am glad to hear that he has pulled through once again and that he has shared things with you that you needed to share --- it will help you when and if the time comes. Bless your dear heart I will keep you all in my Prayers!!!
I hope you saw that I did write to you in my last post and have kept you close in prayer.

Hi Michele... Thank-you for your prayers! It means allot to me and to my DF.

So you leave Memorial Weekend... cool !! I will keep you in my prayers for a safe trip!! I already know you will have a great time!

That's what I told he and Angie in their PM But they have a very busy day today with the party so I expect that they will correct it after they recoup

I DO love your Shoe Siggy

Gary... Thank-you for your prayers also. You *All* have a Wonderful Celebration today!!! Don't overdo

Hello Teel... Thank-you so much for the prayers and good thoughts --- you are right, I must relax in knowing that God will take care of the ones we love. Thank-you

I hope that this note finds you doing okay?

Hi Sue, Thank you for your prayers for my DF... he knows that you all are praying for him and says he feels it too I hope that your mini camping trip was nice and that you are having a great weekend!!!

Wilma, I thank you as well I know you are having a wonderful visit with your in-laws... cannot wait to hear all about it when things go back to normal

Rachel, I thank you too! How are you these days??

*~*~*

I spent the whole day out shoppin' yesterday - it felt so good to get out and play My friends daughter, Sandy, and I went to breakfast out then to Wal-Mart & on to Kohl's... where I got the Cutest pair of jammies!! They are lavender with purple kitties and aqua fish all over them --- sooo cuuuute & soft! And I got a nice outfit for church... very tropical looking camp style top in that burnt red with these huge hibiscus flowers in butter yellow and sage green leaves w/ a pr. of sage green slacks... so nice! I haven't bought myself something in a very long time - it felt great! Then we went to lunch and got home at around 3ish. Then my hubby came home at 6:00 and our friends called... we couldn't meet for breakfast (Sat/today) so we all met for dinner last night... whew what a stressful day I had I never cooked once, but I sure feel it today! My hands hurt from all the water I am holding from the SALT in the foods yesterday! I don't use that much in my cooking and so it really hits me when I eat out - and I ate out allot yesterday! Home-cooking today for sure!

We were planning to go shopping for veggies, herbs and annuals today BUT plans change very quickly around here, I just wish it wasn't raining, I really wanted to play in the gardens... maybe if it's a light rain, we still can. If not... there's always tomorrow

God Blessings upon you ALL...
*Smiles*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 05-15-2005, 12:57 AM   #63  

Default Prayer request

Would like to request prayers for our dear friends Len and Pat. They have raised 3 wonderful boys, all now in their 30's, two of them now are pastors. And they have been foster parents for special needs children for far to many years to number - take in hard to place children such as ones that are in wheel chairs and need to be tube feed.

Anyway one of the ladies they have living with them came to them when she was 10 and she is now 31. She is mentally challenged (developmentally around 5) she is like a daughter to them. The next girl they have with them came to them when she was 15 and she is now 32. She is mentally about 12 years old. And the thirs ladie (Charlene) came to them 9 years ago and she just turned 33 - Charlene has a lot of different problems - cerlpalsy making it a bit difficult to walk, mentally about 4, seisures and for the last year has started down the road of deminsha (spelling?).

Yesterday Charlene was taken to the hospital for nose surgery - she has numerous nose bleeds. The day before surgery the doctor said that it was just a short operation but that they would sedate her and keep her overnight to keep an eye on here. They took her to the hospital yesterday morning and Len and Pat were told that they had to stay with her and that after she returned from surgery they would have to take her home as they had no beds. Pat felt uncomfortable about this due to all the medical problems Charlene had but they told her all was well. They took her home, she was coherent and happy to be home. Slept a lot which was good. At 9 pm last night she came out from the bedroom to visit with thims for a few minutes, told them she loved them, that she was feeling well, and off to bed she went. This morning at 8 am Pat went in to give her her meds to find out that she had gone home to be with the Lord during the night. It was very upsetting to them all - especially to the two girls. They have had the coroner, police and social workers all day at the house. When Pat called us to tell us what happened we went right over and sat with then all afternoon and then convinced the to come out to a funny movie with us tonight. This morning when they realized Charlene was 'gone' they tried to call her parents - couldn't reach them so called Charlene's brother who relied the message to the father who inturn called them back at 8:30. Apparently mom was just getting off nightshift and dad said he was going to let her sleep till noon before telling her that Charlene had died - as a mother wouldn't you want to no immediately. Len and Pat then sat all day waiting for the parents to come over thinking they would like to come and talk about what happened and to start making arrangements. The parents did not show up till 4:20 this afternoon and only stayed for 30 minutes leaving before 5 pm - saying for Len and Pat to do whatever they felt needed to be done re the funeral!! It burns me up something fierce - this 'mother' gave birth to this girl, and when the girl was age 5 said she couldn't handle the handicap so turned the child over to social services with the stipulation that she wanted 'input' into whatever happened to the child. They haven't seen her since Christmas because they said the deminsha was just to hard for them to handle - they didn't want to have to take care of her because she was now in 'diapers' but they didn't want anyone making any decisions about medical treatment without their advise. And then when she passes on, they come over to see the wonderful people that have loved and taken care of their daughter for 9 years only after their daughter had been 'gone' for more than 8 hours.

Sorry but it is really upsetting about the birth parents - just because she was handicapped (guess I am feeling sensitive about this because our daughter has Down Syndrome) but I just can't imagine this happening.

Anyway please keep this family in prayers - their two sons that are pastors are both coming home - one tomorrow (Sunday) and the other on Monday - and both of the boys will be doing the funeral service - in honor of their 'sister' -

Two weeks ago we had travelled with Len and Pat and the girls to go to the Stars on Ice (figure skating) and how glad we went as we were able to see Charlene so happy enjoying the skating and all the shopping and eating in the restuarents - good memories of this dear ladie.

Thanks so much for the prayers.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:44 AM   #64  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

MARILYN So sorry! Prayers for all those that need it. There sure was a reason your friends became the "parents"!m Thank God for miracles.

Went to Graduation!! Not much time to post...after Graduation we went with ex-wife and son (Amanda has early flight for tennis) to the Norweigen club in town for dinner and drinks!! long evening!!! but fun!!

5:00 am Angie and I leave for the street fair she is working...humm...that is in about 6 hours...ouch!

Sending pictures of Ryan, Amanda and Zac (boyfriend)....me and ex with our kids...me and Angie with our kids... graduation location

Last edited by EZMONEY; 08-03-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:11 AM   #65  
One Day At A Time

Talking Sunday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!

So sorry I'm not posting on a regular basis. I know some of you have been thinking, well she's MIA yet again. Sorry. I have just been so very busy running, running, running. I have continued to work out of town until Friday. When I work there, I have to leave home by 5:30 or so and normally don't get home until 6-8pm. And then 3+ days a week we have softball practice or game and some of the games are away, which means more traveling. We won our game Friday night 13-8. Good game! Anyway, I am suppose to work this week more locally, so maybe I will be able to post more.

Today we have a graduation celebration honoring our seniors after church. It just doesn't seem that graduation ought to be here. We are also all busy with end of school activities for the next few weeks. This week there's award ceremonies, field days, two softballs games, one away, band concert, retirement party, etc... never a dull moment here. LOL

Well, I have lost a total of 25.4 lbs now!!!
I am SO proud!!!!

People are really begining to notice. Richard has now lost 35.5 lbs, Kelli 17.5lbs and Kaci remains at 5lbs lost!

Wow, that's EIGHTY THREE lbs LOST in our household since March 1st!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE LOSERS!!!

PRAYER GOING UP FOR ALL THE PRAYER REQUESTS!!!!
So sorry!!!

Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT Lord's Day!!!!!
Old 05-15-2005, 10:07 PM   #66  

Just came in a few minutes ago from visiting my dad, it's a long trip but very glad that I went. He was so surprised to see me, and my daughter and the kids, he got a huge smile on his face and said he thought he would never see me again. He has been diagnosed with pneumonia, siezures (break through) and heart valve disease. The only option for this is meds if it is in the early stage or open heart surgery, which isn't a option at his age. So they are uping all of his meds, giving him breathing therapy, and will be sending him home when they feel he is stable enough, and the rest is in Gods hands. I have had some really long talks with God in the last few days, and I have handed this over to Him, I told him that if He was ready to take my dad home I will accept this and all I ask is that he doesn't suffer.

Sunny:
I can't thank you enough for your thoughts and prayers, especially with your own worries about your dad, know I am remembering you and yours in my daily if not hourly prayers, I hope his tests show something and treatment can begin, and he will find himself on the path to getting well, it is very hard to accept things like this when you aren't there, I always feel better when I can see my dad for myself as looks say a lot.On the way home we stoped at this awesome nursery and found some beautiful annuals that Ron(hubby) made(well he didn't have to convince me to much) me buy, now all I have to do is find a place in the yard for them,with the temps we are having (low of 48 tonight) I worry they will even survive. Well its been a stressful week-end so I think a cup of tea is in order,and maybe some serious veging. thanks again, you have no idea how much your thoughts mean to us.I told my dad how many people are praying for him and he was truly moved.

Sprout:
What wonderful people your friends are, there rewards will be many. I am so glad that they had that special time together, and will always have that memory. This young ladies parents will never know the love there daughter would have given them. Our neice has Down Syndrome and she is the most loving child you would ever want to met, you are truly a special person for God to give you such a gift as she,I will remember your friends and all who loved this child in my prayers,
Old 05-16-2005, 11:05 PM   #67  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Smile Monday Night

HI GALS

Boy oh boy it sure is NOT BUSY here...after we all were wondering how we were going to keep up.

First I want to take time to BRAG on my kids again...not because I deserve it but because they do...you all know my daughter was hired last week by a research company for the US NAVY...well, my son interviewed for a job last week at a new..(2 year old) 3,000 pupil high school in a town next to us...he was called in on a private interview because of what they had heard from other's on interviews he had done...he was told that 136 people had applied for 2 positions the school had offered...guess what ladies??? You got it! The principal called him tonight and asked him to take the job!! Well, actually they told him that they don't know what they want him to teach (social sciences) but they told him that they had to have him!! My son deserves this recognition because of his hard work for 4.5 years of college and 1 year of student teaching...always striving for that A grade he was capable of getting... and coaching along the way...he also was given notice today that the high school he is student teaching and coaching at right now is paying his plane and hotel room for the state track meet in a few weeks....not something they normally do for student teachers. He is on the phone right now calling his 2 "mentor teachers"! to thank them for teaching him in high school and for their help in coaching.

And of course a big shout out to my daughter who won her doubles and singles match today in Mobile, Alabama at the NAIA Nationals! The team won 9-0!! Her opponets were from WALSH, OHIO...is that near you DONNA or MARGIE?

Well Angie didn't make any $$$ at the street fair yesterday...we covered expenses with $$1.00$$ to spare!! But we did have fun together!! And to top it off there were...HONEST!! 65,000 people there...they just were not the type $$$ wise to buy her herbal packs and books...too bad...she did sell some and had many ladies tell her that "OH those are so great!!" We were in a poorer part of the county...the lady next to us had a $300 day, but still had to pay her helper...she said that at the other street fair..on the coast...that Angie and I shop at twice a year and has over 100,000 people..well she made over $3,000.00....

RAYMOND ON GOTTA GO>>>>

Last edited by EZMONEY; 05-17-2005 at 08:47 AM.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:07 AM   #68  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

Did you look at my signature? It shows another 2 lbs down. I am so glad this DASH eating plan is working. PTL!!! It's hard to believe that I'm now only 19 lbs from my goal. I might just be near it by the wedding.

Gary: You have every right to be so proud of those kids. They have worked hard to achieve their goals and have been rewarded. And, you can take some of the credit, you know, you were their guidance and support along the way.

finally ready: I'm so glad you got to see your dad and to have it mean so much to him to have you there. It's so hard to see our parents age and get sick. I'm going through that with my dad right now too. He's having health problems and gets weaker every time I see him.

It's been unseasonably cool here too. I don't even have my bedding plants yet. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

mrs smiley: Wow! That's a lot of weight gone from your household. You are fortunate to be able to do that as a family. Mine just keeps eating the way they want to but don't bug me about what I'm eating. They just don't think it's interesting enough. Keep posting when you can. We miss you!

Sprout: What a tragic story you shared. I don't think people get it that God puts handicapped people in our lives for a reason and it makes our lives richer for it. The people who took care of Charlene are the ones who are blessed.

Sunny: My prayers are with you and your dad. May the doctors find out what's wrong so they can treat it.

My in laws are here and we've had a good time so far. They have lots of family to visit so they fill the day that way and then spend the evenings with us. Last night our church had a shower for all the brides in the church. They had a wedding gown fashion show and played a game. Instead of everyone bringing gifts they gave each bride a gift certificate to a home store. It was a fun evening and really nice for Nicole to feel the support of her new church.

I guess I better get going and get ready for work.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 05-17-2005, 11:02 AM   #69  
Walking Off The Pounds

Talking This is the Day The Lord Hath Made. . .

You would not believe how many times I have heard that piece of scripture already this morning. We went to the Commissioners meeting this am regarding the Sheriff's proposal to merge/take over the 9-1-1 center, (which by the way we are fighting). I mostly work with good Christian men and women -a major blessing- and so many of us said 'This is the Day the Lord Hath Made, Let Us Rejoice and Be Glad in It', at different times, to different fellow employees and then once my boss said it to a guy I was sitting next to and I just grinned and poked the guy on the other side and said 'see, what I did I just say to you?' It was really odd how we were all on the same line and turning it over to God and allowing His peace to fill us.

Azulfire - How's your walking coming along? Have you been able to get out there any and log some miles? Do you have a total for the month? Let us know how you're doing!!!!

doitforme - I have enjoyed hearing about your camping, even though the trips have been brief, yet hopefully relaxing and all the fun you've had with the kids, especially the bowling. Sounds like somebody has had some neat ideas to keep them interested. Keep up the good work. Post some more pics if you have them, would love to see the kids enjoying all the fun!

mkay - how about you girl? Do you have a walking total this month too? I hope you've been able to get out a little also. What about that promised foot message? That sounds so good. I, as did many, really appreciated your prayer for our elderly, it's hard to admit that our parents are considered 'elderly' just because they have reached a certain age. Mine too fall into that category and I feel very blessed to still have both of them and in the relatively good health they're in, I know it won't always be this way.

lateralus - prayers for your friend and your cousin. Two different situations but yet two difficult situations. What happened with your godmother's job? Hope all is well with her. Let us know about your finals also, - are you finished for the year? Hope you studied hard!!!

MrsSmiley - OK lady, where's the prom pictures? I want to see that dress!!! Hope you've been able to log a few miles on your pedometer also but with your busy schedule, - whew, you make me tired just reading it all. Do you have any vacation plans ahead where you can take a break?

teel - your neice & nephew's outrigging sounds interesting. I love boating and the water but have never watched that sport (guess I'm too far inland). Do you live close to the coast and able to go see them participate some?

wilma - hang in there girl - the sun's coming. Hope your work situation is better this week and no one off. Congrats on your weight loss, coming off slow but steady. Enjoyed your kitchen pics, what's your next project? Seems like I always have a project or two going but really enjoy it when I finally get one complete, mine has been working on my yard this spring, getting the beds plants, taking out a couple stumps, preparing a sitting area and I've been pushing it because once it gets too hot (and really humid here) then I can't take humidity so I probably only have a few more weeks to really get everything done, - ah, little by little. . .

mnewton - are you feeling better? Hopefully that 'bug' is gone by now. Congrats on your 6# weight loss. Miss you, - hope you're back on-line soon.

Where's all our MIA's - gheller, momof10, grandmawants2lose, - c'mon we miss you guys. Get in here and let us know how you're doing!

SunnyD - Isn't it nice when hubby does something special like that? Of course he's got a good helper with his choir and I'm sure he wants to keep her!! Prayers still going up for your DF. Sounds like you had a good day out shopping, eating, lots of fun. Seems like it's been 'forever' since I've got to just go out and play, but it's wonderful when you do get the opportunity. Yes, Fred and I are just friends and he's my walking buddy right now. We're walking together usually twice a week and just enjoying each other's company. (FYI my walking total for May is 26.75 miles) Hope you've been able to log a few miles yourself since we've last visited. Take a break from all that music and let us know how you're doing!

finally ready/Nancy - continued prayers also for your father dear. So you have a Gazelle also, I have one but not sure if it really does that much, one thing I really do like is that it's stress-free on the joints, no impact! Congrats on your 1# down, 1 is better than none! Keep it up. My DD also played soccer last fall (we don't have a spring team or traveling league) but she didn't like the coach at all, he was a really big guy, yelled at the kids a lot and told them they were there to win and he didn't care whether they had any fun or not, winning was the whole purpose of the game. Needless to say, he also turned off a lot of the parents too.

Mima - welcome. This is a great bunch, a big bunch (in numbers) and growing everyday I think. Sometimes it's difficult to keep up with everyone but yet everyone is very supportive and always willing to lend an ear. Come back often and let us know how you're doing.

Mitchypoo - You leave for CA the same time we're leaving for the Outer Banks so I guess we'll both be off here that week. We leave on the 27th, just as soon as school is out, we'll be packed and ready to roll. I don't usually like to go over Memorial Day (traffic, etc.) but due to some scheduling conflicts, that was the best time for us but we're going to take it easy and only drive part way and be back on 6/4. Did you get your pink top made for the wedding? Hopefully though the afghan is done. . .

EZ - you party animal, bet you guys had a LOT of fun this weekend! The street fair sounded fun too, even if you didn't make any money, you still had a wonderful day with your wife! Loved the graduation pics proud poppa. Great news also on your son, sounds like he's on the fast track now, word will be out and everybody will be wanting him!

Sorry gotta run - Margie
Old 05-17-2005, 11:36 AM   #70  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Margie, decided not to make the pink sweater now, couldn't take the pressure and it's cheaper for me to find a top to go with the skirt, i'm going to make the sweater, but in sections, so i don't have that much money out at once. The afghan is not finished and now i'm having a hard time finding all the yarn...
Old 05-17-2005, 11:49 AM   #71  

Default Good Afternoon CEers

Boy, I didn't have much to read up on.

sprout...may I begin to say how sorry i am for your friends. It is all too sad that her parents feel about her that way. She's in heaven with her Father and she's absoutely perfect! Amen!

Sunny...how's day today? You are welcome for the prayer. I write them better than I say them.

margie...foot massage? Hmmmmm...He mentioned that saturday a.m. would be better. foot massage? Hmmmmm...not yet.

Michele...you are running out of time on the afgan. Yikes! But I know you'll do it. Just think how nice the weather will be when you get there. I don't have any vacation plans for this year so far. That actually makes me sort of sad.

Wilma...good for you losing more weight. I think I found it!

EZ...how proud you must be. Good looking kids.

finally ready...how wonderful that you got a chance to see dad and how comforting that you released him to God. How old is he? I will pray for your strength during this time.

Well, going to go get a salad for lunch. Arby's Martha Vineyard salad. yummy!

Hugs to all of you...
Old 05-17-2005, 10:42 PM   #72  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

sorry no time to chat today gals...daughter lost singles and doubles today and the team lost.....to a team from Tennessee ranked a little higher than them...coming home...
Old 05-18-2005, 06:00 AM   #73  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Hey all. Haven't been on lately. I've fallen off the weight loss wagon big time. And I'm just really depressed. Lots of stupid crap has happened lately. Mostly with my car. I got into a car accident the other day. I'm fine, but my car isn't Then today my window wouldnt roll back up. Ack. Just so depressed. My grades aren't so good either. Please pray for me. Talk to you all later.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:43 AM   #74  

lateralus98...sorry you are feeling blue. I too am off the wagon and it does get depressing especially to think we need to stay aboard the rest of our lives. Last night was another cookie dough and cookie night for me. I will go through **** just to get that sugar out of my system. When I start to withdraw from the sugar, I get even more down but yet a sense of power...I know that sounds weird but what can I say. I am going to TRY to get off the sugar for at least 2 weeks (south beach diet) laced with some bible study. I pray the best for you and I am glad you did not get hurt from the accident.

I have to get a grip with my life. I am not organized or structured. This makes me crazy and I feel like my head/mind is bouncing all over the continent.

Well all...I will be doing south beach for a bit just to get a grip on my eating (self-control). This seemed to work for me last year so I'm going to get back on it...so that means a trip to the grocery store tonight.

Have a good day all...
Old 05-18-2005, 08:48 AM   #75  
Walking Off The Pounds

Smile Good Morning

Hi all, this thread has been really s-l-o-w now. There for a while it was really hard to keep up, where are all our regulars????? MIA's we're always looking for but now the regulars have become MIAs!!!!

EZ - Was going to give a shout out to Amanda yesterday but didn't get to finish my post. . sorry to hear they lost yesterday, - do they do single elimination/double or is it overall wins? I'm sure Dad will be there with a big hug waiting for her. Never heard of Walsh, Ohio, but will look it up on the map to find out where it is, obviously north of me as I'm as far south as you can get!

lateralus - many prayers going up for you today girl. Hang in there, we all have bad days (weeks) where we don't eat good or exercise right and there will always be those times with the car/ kids/ house/ work/ school, whatever. If we didn't have all these little bumps in the road, and life was 'perfect' think how boring that would be. Each is a new challenge and you must rise up, face those challenges and be a better person for them. Perhaps you're really doing something right and the devil is just putting all these roadblocks in your way to discourage you, - don't let him win! Hoping today is much better for you!

Sprout - many prayers from all of us for your dear friends, I'm sure you will hold those wonderful memories of Charlene near and dear to your heart. Our thoughts are with you as you go through these next days with the visitation and funeral.

wilma - glad to hear your visit with the in-laws is going good. How long are they staying? You may have already posted that but I just missed it. I also like the idea of the church giving a bridal shower for ALL the brides, that's a neat idea. Sometimes there are so many couples getting married that we are just overwhelmed going from one shower to the next and/or feeling 'obligated' to go to each.

FYI I did get to walk at lunch and at the park last night, May total = 32.17 mi. YEAH! Hellos to all our 'missing' regulars and of course the MIA's. Please come back soon and let us know how you're all doing - we do miss you! Hope everyone is having a great day!! - Margie
Closed Thread