Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 09:06 AM   #16  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

It's a bright sunny day here, finally! It's been raining here for a few days and it's been a little depressing. It's so nice to see the sunshine!!

I haven't been posting too much lately and probably won't be this week either. I am short 3 employees this week so that'll make things a little stressful for me. Please pray that it's not overly busy and that those of us remaining can handle the workload. I will try to post as much as I can and will continue to read posts and pray for each of you.

Mima: Welcome! This is a great group of people.

Sunny: Thanks! The red wall is actually a brick red and I love it. I thought it would overpower the room but it really doesn't. Oh, the cheesecake was awesome. Now it's back to salads again!

Gary: I'm glad you and Angie like my kitchen. I walk into it and feel really good about what we did. Next project: bathroom floor and entrance floor. Other than that the big projects are finished until I have enough $$ saved up to get DH that double car garage he wants.

mnewton: You are doing really well with your weight loss. 2 lbs a week is amazing. Keep it up!!

Michele: You are a very talented person. Lovely belt!! I also noticed your weight loss in your pic. WAY TO GO!

mkay: Was it you who mentioned how neat my kitchen is? It was that way only for the picture. If you could see it today!!

lateralus: Sad to hear about your friend moving away from you. It's hard! At least there is still the telephone and email to keep in touch.

Time to go again. Hopefully I'll still be sane tonight!!

Have a great day!
Old 05-10-2005, 10:27 AM   #17  
Walking Off The Pounds

Default Busy Day . .

Just wanted to stop in quickly and say hi. Leaving today at noon for a funeral so have a lot to get done.

Sounds like everyone had a good Mom's Day and have been making some delish dinners, you guys are making me hungry this am. Giving me some good ideas for dinner as well.

Fred and I are suppose to walk tonite, scattered rain/storms predicted so we'll see. He did bring me a hanging vining geranium for Mother's Day - that was so sweet, I totally didn't expect it. He says we're going to do three laps tonight at the park and to bring an umbrella, thinking maybe he's going to push me a little here???

SunnyD - FYI so far (as of yesterday) I have 15.48 miles for May, hope you're logging a few yourself! ( catch me!!)

Will try to get back tomorrow and post some more. Also Sara DID make the National Honor Society with induction ceremony set for Friday, - Mommy's happy!

Have a great Tuesday - Margie
Old 05-10-2005, 11:53 AM   #18  

Default Hi ya!

Margie- So happy daughter is doing better, and that she made the honor society , your welcome to come camping anytime! That was sweet of Fred to get you a flower for mother's day, geraniums are nice because they flower all summer, did ya set a time for dinner yet?
Mrs. Smiley- So sorry to hear about your Uncle, I totally understand when we have a death in the family it ends up all most like a family reunion because everybody comes together, and we see people we never see, too bad it is under those circumstances though.WESOME JOB LOOSING 5.6 LBS WAY TO GO!
Wow- sounds like niece and nepher did awesome, if a scout is interested in training them,
Wilma- love the pics of your kitchen and the red wall, that always looks classy, pray work goes well!
Nancy- sorry to hear DGD got the ball in her stomach, that hurts, wow new furniture, cool that always brightens a room!Mnewton- Prayers your soon feeling better, your mother's day dinner sounded wonderful AWESOME JOB DOWN 6LBS, 2 LBS A WEEK IS AT THE RIGHT SPEED.
Mimi- Welcome, pop in and let us know how your doing!
Old 05-10-2005, 11:59 AM   #19  

Default me again!

G-whiz, For some reason this silly system now won't let me use any colors or smiles, just boring black and I don't know why- so I 'll begin with our graphic goddess, and maybe my luck will change!
Sunny- Nice present from hubby! Hope your mom is feeling much better!
Thanks! I had an awesome time camping! Had a really windy day but overall nice weekend!
E.Z- Glad to hear you enjoyed the Pizza- the green stuff was a new health food, natural pennicillin, suppose to be good for ya!Chineese food yum!

M-Kay- Awesome job down 4 lbs the necklace was beautiful good job!
Mitchy- Sorry you had sore throat,hope that is gone, beautiful pic of you and the necklace, and the thanks for sharing nice pics, what a pretty lady
Azulfire- don't get too upset, might have had a gain from water, or all that exercise, gaining muscle then will see a loss of inches instead of weight, don't give up.
Rachel- wow, that is always a bummer having friend move away, Gee won't be long and you'll be on your way to China, have to let me know what you think before I go.
I am working days tom, then off Thurs. and Fri. business meeting at church Fri. evening, I'll camp fri night then back to work Sat afternoon so it will be like a miny weekend off.
Prayers for the family of the two little in girls in Illinois, how terrible! Pray they get the person responsible. Well gonna go eat lunch! have an awesome day guys!

Last edited by doitforme; 05-10-2005 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:22 PM   #20  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Red face

Hello and good afternoon everyone! I hope this post finds everyone well!

Margie B. -- How exciting that DD made the NHS! Congratulations! I always wish I could have done something like that when I was in high school. I bet you're so proud of her!

MrsSmiley -- Sorry to hear about your DU. Know that you'll be in my prayers!

Well, the real problem with Jalissa moving away is that she's moving to this cult/weird village. It's called Rose Creek Village and they used to be called Tsion Hadasha. They now claim to be full of Christian values, but they were known to do weird things. Like give a new name (a Hebrew name) when you enetered (it's a Christian community?!) so I don't know what to think. I'm just scared for her and I pray about it every night, hoping she will stay and get her GED and get a student loan to live in the dorms on the UNO campus. But she poo-pooed that idea pretty fast. Jalissa got mad at me for even suggesting it. I'm just so worried about it. I mean she left in September to go to Japan, and now she'll leave Omaha as soon she gets back from Japan. I just wish she would consider other options, because even she herself said she didn't want to go to the "village". Please keep her in your prayers.

Well, I have to go to the doctor's to get blood drawn, so I gotta run! Bye everyone!!
Old 05-10-2005, 04:52 PM   #21  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Creepy! I was bored so I searched my first and last name on Google and a picture of me from two years ago in high school popped up! I was unaware that this picture even existed!!!!

Last edited by lateralus98; 05-10-2005 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:02 PM   #22  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Tuesday

HI LADIES

Hope everyone is well. I have been working on a house in an area near us called Rancho Sante Fe...where the $$$$$$ is! The house I am working on used to have a bowling alley in it!! The new owners are changing it all around and making a theater and a kareoke room...plus other fancy things...the owner is really cool...always bringing us stuff to eat...but then, how could he not be cool...about 35 years old...gorgeous wife and RICH!!! I think tghe hardest part of his day is trying to figure out which one of the 4 Mercedes he has that he wants to drive.

GRAPHIC GODDESS WAY TO GO JOE!!! Boy does this guy know how to score points!! You got yourself a good one here Donna...of course you already know that AND it goes both ways!! From what I understand..and it is hear-say---I guess that Jim Caviezel goes to my mother in laws church from time to time...she hasn't seen him...she has been going off and on about a year there. As far as the conference....there are many scientists that believe in creation, Jesus and God. They believe in creation and believe that God has given us a great world and opportunity for them to explore and find out things about our universe...they look at it way different than those that don't believe in intelligent design...and sometimes they get "hammered" for it...but they know Christ and that gives them their power! All the scientist there were believers. The show Faith Under Fire by Lee Strobel (not a scientist) comes on PAX here at 10pm Saturday nights...check your TV stations for your time...personally I have never seen it...I have read his stuff...cool guy!
Great work on the walking.
P.S. Angie says where is "my" signature

MKAY GOLF on TV??? My kind of gal! Do you play at all? If you do it is a lot easier to watch, and makes more sense. My daughter has been playing more golf...she'll have to to see her boyfriend He coaches tennis for $$$ to play golf with! Great work on getting the book. I think most guys...at least my friends...just want a women that will show them affection (however that works in each one's own personal relationship) and appreciate what they do for them....a thank-you, a hug, a favorite dinner, un-expected gift from time to time works wonders...I think it is pretty much what women want don't you? One of my buddies can never make enough $$$$, mow the grass good enough, get a good enough present, etc....could be why after 25 years of marriage he is going to see a lawyer...actually he is there right now...he has asked and asked his wife to help him do something to make their marraige better...she just says NOPE! Another guy I work with gets nothing but whine/whine/whine from his wife when he gets home...he works everyday and she stays at home (because she wants to)...complaining all the time. As far as my ton of energy goes...I used to have it...I get tired now but we just have so much going on all the time...this week I take nephew to doctor for his ADHD after work, kineisology banquet for daughter one night (last one) and then graduation for the kids on Saturday...that is 3 to 5pm plus time for pictures etc and traffic...then the ex wants us to go to the Norwegian club she goes to for dinner and drinks after graduation...then Angie and I have to leave the house at 5am Sunday for a street fair, she is selling stuff at, to set up....all day! I will be tired!!

SUE Camping again Work and camp..pizza...work and camp! What a great life you live!! You hardly have time for cruises!! Guess the dad did it to those poor girls...what a terrible world.

RACHEL Prayers for your friend. Cute pic.

WILMA Martha REFUSES stress!! It just doesn't go in the garden well

MARGIEB Only allow Fred to "push" you as far as you want to go Sounds like a good thing going on...love and exercise

MICHELE Golfing? Yarning?

Well need to go get Ron at taekwando....prayers for all!

Oh..asking prayers for my friend Jerry...my buddy that lives where we are moving...he was laid off and it doesn't look good..he will probably have to move back to the midwest...we'll be going there..he will be leaving..bummer!!
Old 05-11-2005, 08:38 AM   #23  

Default Hi!

E.Z.- Sorry to hear that your friend Jerry will be leaving, just when your arriving, pray he finds a job soon. It gets depressing because the bills don't stop coming. I can't imaging killing your kid because she was possibly late for dinner, that is what the news just said it was supposedly for disciplinary problems, may have been confusion about being late for dinner. this world is getting worse by the day.
I do live a priveledged life, love my R & R, and my great friends, which I count you all among,
Rachel gotta go to google and do that and see what pops up, kind of weird
but nice pic of ya! Gotta work today so I'll be off have an awesome day everyone.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:08 AM   #24  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

I have a few minutes before heading off to work. Yesterday went way better than i expected. It was fairly quiet so I was able to get things done and there were no lineups. Thank God! Hopefully the next 2 days will be the same. Thanks for your prayers. I really need them!!

Gary: I am so sorry to hear about your friend leaving. It kind of takes a bit of the excitement out of the move for you no doubt. Maybe he'll find work in that area before you head up there.

That house you're working on sounds awesome. It's kind of fun to hear about the rich and how they live.

Rachel: That is a scary situation with your friend. She is definitely in my prayers. Nice pic of you! Now I can picture you!!

doitforme: Isn't that awful about those 2 little girls? Sometimes it's so hard to imagine what could be going on in people's minds. They need God!

Margie: Congrats to your daughter. WTG on the walking!! Keep it up!

Hello to everyone else!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 05-11-2005, 09:23 AM   #25  

G'day My Friends!

EZ...I do try to make sure he's nurtured. I KNOW we are NOT to expect in return, but once in awhile, I'd like dinner cooked or anything to show that I am special. I guess that's where hope and faith in the Lord MUST fill the gap! You are a busy man. I feel bad about Jerry...I did things like that to my first hubby and made yuky choices...it WILL come back to bite her in the butt...if not in this world but the next. I thank God that I have become a Christian after those days. I am forgiven and do not treat people that way anymore. My heart goes out to him.

Rachel...you are a cutie pie hon!

doitforme...you camp alot...I enjoy it too but not so much in a tent. I'd like a travel trailer.

Sunny/Margie...I think it's great that you guys are out there walking. I do try but I have to get rid of other "things" now to make time for that. I did walk Monday after work and it felt wonderful!

The mother/daughter banquet was at Fire Mountain Grill. An all-you-can-eat troff and I played the part. Not proud and back on track today.

Supposed to storm today (yea) BUT I forgot to turn off the outlet strip to my computer at home...I can't afford to have it go caputz right now.

Dear Hubby learned at PT for his foot yesterday, that if you massage it with cream/oil and move the fluid (swelling) up the leg, it relieves that pressure from swelling. So...guess what my new job is? I would LOVE a foot rub but kno't think I want to break the heel to get it.

Well, work is waiting...no elves gonna do it for me. Later All...and hugs coming your way.
Old 05-11-2005, 10:59 AM   #26  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all

How are all my 3fc CE'rs? Kind of quiet around here lately.

Things are OK for me. I haven't seen Eric in over a week, he's busy with golf and actually haven't heard from him even on the phone for days, but whatever...I'm not going to worry about men. Too much trouble. (Sorry Gary, you of course are the exception, i know)

Thanks for all the kind words, a real ego booster! I still have a hard time seeing myself. I just see me still overweight. But i'm working on it. I'm going to CA at then end of the month and a little nervous about how to keep OP. But i'm going to give it a try. After I have an In-n-Out Cheeseburger.... and Jack-in-the-Box....oh, i'll stop. Mom is doing LAWL on her own so we'll try to help eachother. Can't wait to spend time with my family at my cousin's wedding. I'm really looking forward to it.

Prayers for all...
Old 05-11-2005, 11:37 AM   #27  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default Wednesday

HI LADIES

Taking the day off today...waiting for a couple of trades to complete their work before we go back tomorrow. I will be spending most of the day pulling weeds in the front yard and bank Then I am taking Ron to the doctor for the ADHD thing...see if we can get him on track.

Have some news (but no jobs yet ) on my kids. My daughter was up yesterday, other than tennis practice, she has only 1 more final to take on Friday. She was so mad ...she spent a lot of hours writing a very involved paper and finished reading the Case for Creation book for her theology class...she said the prof. graded ALL of the papers in 20 minutes total for the entire class...she was so bummed...she knows he couldn't have had time to read it...but then he has told them he grades them not on how their academics are entirely but other things...such as how he feels that day...HUH!!...their appearence...HUH!!...even in Christian colleges they have "WHACKED" people. Any way she got an e-mail from the head of the NAVY research dept. where she interned ...the lady said she had heard that Amanda may be looking for a job and that she would love to hire her to work on a project with her, just send her resume in to complete the deal. A nice offer...although no $$$ has been spoken about yet...the other research head that she worked with has told her that they can hire her full or part time, depending on what she wants to do. She needs to go to this big conference the end of May before deciding anything.

Ryan had a presentation to do for the "college" part of his student teaching last night..one of the principals that was there reviewing him was on the interview panel he did a couple of weeks ago...he told Ryan that the group was very impressed with him...that they all wished their schools had a job opening in his category...and that he came up the 2nd choice for his school...told Ryan that he lost out to an 8 year teacher from San Francisco. He was also told by a friend of his, that is student teaching at another high school, that her supervisor was asking her if she knew him, that she was hearing great things about him through the grapevine...Ryan was called by the assistant principal at that school a few days ago to come and do an "invitation only" interview...the guy told him that he looked good, but he can't hire him yet because they have to do the official interviews on Friday...then he gets told by his supervisor that she is hearing a lot of talk on him...but not to take any jobs outside of "her" district because she wants him working there...and she is the one that recommended him to the last district...confusing huh! Then he was given a business card from the principal of another high school and asked to come and please interview there...he would already have a job if he taught math/english or science...but by limiting himself to social sciences...well, there are just few openings...he has already been hired at the most prestigious high school in the county to teach summer school..in what?...MATH!!

Prayers please for my kids to get the jobs that our GREAT LORD wants them to have. Also prayers again for my buddy Jerry in finding work...another example of limiting his choices...he works in the nuclear power field...not a lot of those around...and now at 51...well, most of us (NOT YOU RACHEL ) know what that means

We are not re-locating to Washington to be with my buddy, but it was sure going to be nice that his family was there!

SUE The biggest problem with the world? Why all the tradgedy?...because people don't get out and fill their "needs" with good quality things like you do!!! I don't think it will make your news but yesterday a 44 yr old district attorney killed his 3 kids, wife, mother in law and himself...he has another son in Iraq (wait until he hears )....lived in a mansion......no motive known yet, sad. You dear...KEEP SAVING THOSE KIDS!!!

MARYK It is only natural to want to be thanked and feel special.. we all want that. You have hope in your marraige, since Gary is a christian and places himself where he can hear the word...my buddy does bible study now but never went to church after he got married...didn't raise his kids with any faith other than telling them Jesus died for them....and his wife says people that go to church are weak and need a crutch. As for me...well, I AM WEAK AND NEED>>WANT>>THAT CRUTCH!!!!!!!!!

WILMA Good work on the stress free day...Martha just won't have it!!...it takes away from baking

OH GRAPHIC GODDESS!!! SERIOUSLY!!! It's true...Angie was reading over my shoulder, saw Mary's sgnature...said something to the effect that that was pretty, how did she do that...I told her it was a gift from you...that you were doing them for all the gals...she said "WHERE IS YOURS!"...honest! I would never ask for one...who wants to see a balding`beer bellied guy sitting on the in his recliner napping?

Have a great day ladies.....Gary
Old 05-11-2005, 11:41 AM   #28  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

I dunno Michele...ask Angie, she may have other things to say about me!! IN-N-OUT...aaaahhh...now I know what's for dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just have to go wait in line...I don't think I have ever seen one at anytime of the day or night that didn't have at least 4-5 cars in line...ever! Sorry about Eric...maybe he doesn't want to be too pushy (?)....prayers.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:46 AM   #29  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Don't be sorry Gary, I'm not too disappointed about Eric, because I'm letting the Lord guide me and if he isn't it, that's ok. He has his own problems anyway, not sure i want them to be mine. And did I mention my cousin is marrying a cop? I can't wait to see the potential cuties!

And I love your being coy, but i think we all know that you are one of the good guys!
Old 05-11-2005, 03:33 PM   #30  

Michele...I think we both should have stayed home from work today. It seems we are the only ones on.
Closed Thread