3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Faith Based Support Groups

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 07:09 AM   #151
striving to be a loser

I'm so sorry I have not been around much. My job has been horrid (working thru lunches too). Will make this all up to you all in May. It's gonna be busy here probably until I go to Florida the 2nd week of May for a week of much needed vacation. But I do want to thank each of you for your inspiration. This is the first time in my life that I have not "ate my way thru" a busy crunch period at work. Normally I would grab anything and everything and eat it, thinking it would provide me with some sort of fake energy. Well that is all it was apparently. I am sticking with my new way of eating, and even with minor cheating, have managed to reach one mini goal already (20 lbs). So thank you all for believing in me and for just being here and posting your stories.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:24 AM   #152
One Day At A Time

Red face Wednesday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!

Just have a minute to check in. Buster (uncle) is still with us. He has been comatose since Sunday and his respirations are very shallow and few between. His daughter made it in from Wyoming and by this time his granddaughter from Denver should be here. She and her husband were on there way last night.
I have so very worn out. I have been working 12 hour days, running up there every free moment and had softball practice Monday night and then an out of town softball game last night.

WE WON 9-4!!!!!

I have lots of edema (swelling) on my body and haven't been where I could take lasix to get it off. I'm up 4 lbs on the scale and I know it's all fluid. I have been eating on plan and drinking my water but putting in too much time on my feet. Yesterday, I got 6.97 miles in altogether. And I know my pedometer is accurate because I check it with the treadmill every so often. Anyway, got another long day today working but then I'm off tomorrow. I have to take my Lasix and rest some but also I'm sure if nothing happens I will be with the family and Buster.

WELCOME CANDY!!!

CONGRATULATIONS to all the LOSERS!!!

Sunny, what's that white stuff???
We are having 80 degree days, I'll send you some of those temps!

Hope everyone has a GREAT day! Sorry, gotta go, get ready for work.

Smiley <><

Short-term GOAL

L-O-N-G Term GOAL
Old 04-27-2005, 09:24 AM   #153
Christy

Default I LOST 2 lbs.

Well, I thank all of you for your support and advice yesterday. I was very careful with what I ate the rest of the day yesterday. I have not discused my WOE with my mother, I will pick the right time. However I am so excited I lost 2lbs despite all my complaining.

Welcome Candy this is a wonderful group.

Old 04-27-2005, 09:56 AM   #154
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

I woke up this morning to a dusting of snow on the ground. (Not at all what Sunny got) After a couple of weeks of incredible weather it's a little hard to take these cold temps. We're hardy folk though and we can take it. At least this time of year it doesn't stay around long.

I've been doing really well with my WOE but not so good with the exercise. I know I need to do something different because I'm kind of bored with my tapes.

My kitchen is finally finished. All that's left is for DH to replace the handles. I love the result and will show you pics as soon as I have them.

I wish I had time to address everyone today but I have to get going. You are all in my prayers.

Have a great day!
Old 04-27-2005, 11:24 AM   #155

Default Advice

Margie is right. You dont want to hurt your mothers feelings BUT...people, even mothers will use guilt to get what they want (they usually don't know they are doing it) BUT...we/you/I make the "choice" as to how we are going to respond/react. "IF" you see that what she is cooking is unhealthy, only eat small portions and thank her for the delicious meal OR remind her about healthy cooking and how your lifestyle has changed. She probably won't change her ways...but YOU have boundaries and have the final say as to what goes in the body. If she tries the guilt trip again..."choose" to ignore it, smile and go about YOUR way of living, because if you say anything, it allows the other person to respond/react as well, and that may not be as good.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:12 PM   #156
Christy

Thanks Mkay for now I am just going keep quite. I wanted someone to say what I was thinking. More times than not I open my mouth before I think. I am getting better.

Last edited by cbaumgardner; 04-27-2005 at 02:27 PM. Reason: edit signature
Old 04-27-2005, 01:34 PM   #157
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation Stop Posting Here...

STOP POSTING HERE...
I HAVE BEGUN A NEW THREAD:
*CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS 201*

JUST CLICK ON THE LINK
I HAVE GIVEN YOU BELOW:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...d=1#post831552

See you all there...
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-27-2005, 01:37 PM   #158

SunnyD,
Where do you find all the beautiful pictures and Welcomes?? They are so neat!

Hugs to all! Jan
Old 04-27-2005, 01:40 PM   #159
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation Stop Here...

STOP POSTING HERE...
I HAVE BEGUN A NEW THREAD:
*CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS 201*

JUST CLICK ON THE LINK
I HAVE GIVEN YOU BELOW: