Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 01:38 PM   #91  
back on the wagon

S/C/G: 196.2/187.8/115

Height: 5'1.5''

Cool

Welcome to the boards, AzulFire! I too found 3FC by way of someone else's weight-loss tracher on their signature. I'm glad I did find it, though! Congratulations on your 10 pound loss, that's great! Keep steppin'!

SunnyD -- yes, my headaches did *finally* go away! Only after lots and lots of Advil migraine medicine. I'm glad I can work out again! Today, I have to go up to the college and turn in my slip to be admitted back into Biology class, and then I'm going to Curves to workout. After that, I have to pick up my dad, pick up my sister, and take them to the chiropractor. Although WHY my mother scheduled a chiropractor appointment for Friday during RUSH HOUR is beyond me...

Well everyone, Happy Friday! Have a great weekend!

Last edited by lateralus98; 04-22-2005 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Messed up on spacing and stuff. Just tidying it up!!! :D
Old 04-22-2005, 01:55 PM   #92  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hello all ,

TOM came this a.m. although that wasn't why i was down, it may have helped a little, but i'm better today i think.

Having a salad with a grilled chicken breast today at my desk. We're really short handed today at work, so decided to stay in. I'm not dealing with crabby people very well today. Sometimes it's hard to be nice.

Had a nice evening last night at our volunteer appreciation meeting. They were really nice, gave us all a nice drawstring bag in black printed with "I'm Appreciated" on it. It's cute. It was nice to see the ladies and get to know them. Turns out that we had no new volunteers train for the support group and so it's just me and the other co-facilitator. I'm sad that there isn't more interest, but i'm ok with it. I feel bad for my co-facilitator, she does group on Mon. AND tues.

Sunny~Hope Joe is better soon. Those sinus things are so painful. Have you heard of a neti pot? Maybe you can look it up and see what it is, but I have one, my cousin told me about it awhile ago and i swear by it. If you have sinus or allergy problems, it's worth a try. I got an old co-worker trucker guy who suffered w/sinuses for years to use the neti pot and he couldn't believe how it helped him. He did it every day b/c it helped so much. All you need is the neti pot, some bottled water and some non-iodized sea salt. PM me if you want info on it.

Hello to all... keeping you in prayer for all your individual needs.

Oh, BTW...Eric remained a toad. He hasn't called since his phone call saying he had been in the hospital...
Old 04-22-2005, 04:12 PM   #93  

Default Down, down we go!!!

Hi Everyone,
It has been wonderful reading your posts.
It is a beautiful, sunny day in Northern Idaho today.
I haven't had a chance to walk yet today but I'm planning on it.
A little farther, A little faster
I had my weigh in today and I'm down 4 pounds
My tracker is showing 12 pounds loss but that's because I started at 230
when I first found 3 fat chicks but I haven't been able to figure out how to change trackers. I'll just put the old and the new on.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
Hope each of you has a great, successful week-end.
My son and future daughter in law are coming for the week-end to "nail down"
last minute details. Busy time. Please pray that I won't allow myself to fall back into the trap of "social eating" (does anyone understand what I am talking about?)
Bye for now,
Virginia
Old 04-22-2005, 05:57 PM   #94  
back on the wagon

Virginia, I totally understand about "social eating". I've done it, too. Good luck and hope you don't fall back into those old habits!

I went to Curves today and MAN do I feel good! There's just something about working out hard that puts you in a good mood! I feel GREAT! If all goes well, tomorrow I will go at around 10am. But considering I having gotten up before noon this week, we'll just have to see

Have a nice, beautiful, HEALTHY weekend everybody!
Old 04-23-2005, 07:54 AM   #95  
One Day At A Time

Default Friday and Saturday Dieter's Devotionals

Here's the devotional for Friday from www.crosswalk.com

April 22

Matthew 6:25
'Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall
eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put
on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?'

When I began to diet, I realized how much of my time was spent with
something to eat or drink in my hands. Before the diet, I had something in
one hand or the other almost all the time. I used to spend a lot of
time thinking about where I would eat, what I would eat, and how much I
would eat. Food was an idol in my life. How foolish it is to live like
that! There are so many things in life that are more important. Spend
time in prayer and contemplation, asking the Lord to open the eyes of your
heart to all the wonderful things you have missed for so long.

Today's thought: I want my life to be much more than food and drink!

__________________________________________________ ______________
Here's the devotional for Saturday:

April 23

Galatians 5:1
Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free,
and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Patience gained during the diet is something well worth holding onto
after the diet ends. How many people have lamented that they lost weight
only to gain it back again. It is so silly to allow such a thing to
happen. We struggle so hard to take weight off; why would we ever let it
find a home on us again? Dieting frees us from the imprisonment of a
fleshy jail. Once free from that, we should never return. Ask the Lord for
strength and determination, so that once we liberate ourselves from
fat, we may not be taken prisoner again!

Today's thought: I will not stand for slavery to flesh and fat!

Old 04-23-2005, 08:23 AM   #96  
One Day At A Time

Talking Saturday

Good Morning CEers!!!!

Well, it's Saturday and I'm off the weekend. But of course, I have been getting up at 4 am everyday this week and then this morning couldn't sleep, so I'm up at 6 finally. When I got up yesterday we had had high winds and a storm that discipated before it reached us, at any rate had no connection on the computer, so I couldn't post. But by the time I got home yesterday it was back up and running.

Well, I'm DOWN TWO LBS!!!!!

WI was good to me.

I have lots to do today to catch up from the crazy week I had. I drove pass the grocery store all week but never had time to really go in and get things. I have been so busy!!!
On a brighter note, my knee is feeling better, even with walking 3.25 miles yesterday altogether. I haven't gone back and read the posts, sorry. But I will try to so I can post individually, but I may not have enough time.

Richard was nearly bit by a small rattlesnake Thursday and we are on a mission to clean up and move things around the house so that there is very little places for them to hide. We live in the country and have stacks of rocks, bricks, etc... for finishing things around the house. Like the rock flower beds, and the brick patio, etc... So, we are going to try to move all those and watch as we go for more babies. If I see one I will probably or run like the wind! I hate snakes!!!

Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT weekend!!! CONGRATULATIONS to the LOSERS!!!! Prayers to ALL!!!

Last edited by mrsSmiley; 04-23-2005 at 08:26 AM.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:36 PM   #97  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile Sami's New Grandson! :c)

Great News for all you old timers that know SAMI
& to all you Newbies that will get to know
her when she comes back!!

She sent me an e-mail on the 22nd and I haven't been on much
so I just saw it! Here's her note to me...
I am passing the word and the photo on to you all.

*~*~*

From Sami:
Hi My Grandson was born 4/21/05 at 12:42pm.
9lbs 3oz and 21 1/2inches long.
Can you pass this on to Christian Encouragers group.
I will post soon!
Sami

Chayse Michael

*~*~*

Hope you all are having a great weekend!!!
I sure am in spite of the PENDING snow storm they are forecasting for us

*God Bless*

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 04-23-2005, 12:45 PM   #98  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sami, Congratulations!!!! Chayse is an adorable boy! Hope Mom and Dad are doing well! Can't wait to hear all the details!

Well i went to WI after almost 2 weeks. I was up but not too bad, i thought it'd be worse. My goal for the week is to WI on Tues. and Thurs. and to journal my food (that always helps), and to work on the 64 oz. of water (of which i've had none yet today!)

Sunny~Snow! Are you serious? Well, geez, i guess it's possible b/c we may hit the 20's tonight too and it's kind of cold here today, although sunny and no clouds. Spring is taking it's sweet time i guess to get here. Hopefully you don't have any new tender plants out yet.

I'm at work, and not thrilled with my boss, she is so frustrated with things at work, but my opinion is that i tried over a year ago (closer to 2 years) and have told her continuously some things we need to do and she didn't want to do them, now we're suffering repurcussions and she's mad...

Off to the yarn cafe in a little while, atleast that'll be fun work.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:16 PM   #99  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thumbs up Saturday

HI GALS

Well, Angie and I got back from Ojai safe and sound...OK...at least Angie is sound It is a 2.5 hour trip according to mapquest...but in southern California that means "NOTHING"...well, guess what? 2.5 hours!! to get home!

Amanda did great!! Amanda and her partner won their match on Thursday against a real good team from Sonoma State...they played "SUPER"!! Amanda was just hammerin' her shots and getting to balls she sometimes doesn't. Then on friday they lost to a better team...they still played well...her partner had a tough loss in a singles match earlier...a 4 hour match...that didn't help...BUT...it wasn't the reason they lost...they just were overmatched. REVENGE though came later in the day when our #1 doubles team...Amanda is #2...beat them in a tough match to advance to today's rounds.

Spent the nights at my mother in laws house...listening to her whine ( I better be careful here...she has checked in before and I have been sooo busted!) I am SERIOUS too!!...pretty sure I can take her if I need to Spent the days with my ex and her significant other (a.k.a my mechanic )...my sister in law and the team watching tennis matches at various sites,(plus a couple of stops for Angie, my ex and her guy friend in the bar between matches) then last night a big BBQ at my SIL and BROTHER IN LAW THE SURGEON'S house...FUN! But of course I just feel so inept around him...construction worker/ vs. surgeon...Stanford Grad...star pitcher of the Stanford baseball team in his day...plays every musical instrument I know of...and the church band...did I mention he was handsome? probably didn't need to did I? At least my daughter's boyfriend was there with us so I wasn't the only LOOOOOSER in the bunch! Of course I can tell you all this because he is a great guy and BIL!!

I took pictures but really not much to show...LUCKY YOU!!...mostly just the typical tennis pics.

Angie and I went to the garden shop to get a new rose bush...SINCE THE BOYS FORGOT TO CLOSE THE GATE...AND 1 ROSE BUSH WAS EATIN'!! Angie was not too happy with her PESTS...er....PETS

SUNNYD :snf: :sman: :snf: Are you kidding me? It is in the 70's here...as usual!! Sorry Joe isn't feeling well...I know you will take care of him! Well your BROWNS had a great first pick in the draft today...an outstanding athlete and receiver in Edwards!...of course my Raiders are picking guys in the 2nd round that were projected 4th round picks!!! aahhhh.....oh well, I don't like football anyway ...at least since my DODGERS are doing well Amanda had a little stomach...IBS...situation an hour before her match but got over it and it didn't affect her play she said. Have a great Sunday...shopping or dinner with your friends?

AZULFIRE/MICHELE My ex and her boyfriend are heading to Vancouver in a week or so to see his daughter and family...then they are heading to the tri-cities to check that area out...my builder and his wife are from Vancouver, they say they like Kennewick better because it doesn't have the rain...they plan on staying there. Of course it isn't near as pretty either!

MYISHA Great news on Channon!

RACHEL OH! you poor DEER glad you are OK! Great work at Curves.

TEEL Reba and Rylee got all primped and cleaned last week, so of course today they are their typical mess! They can find MUD anywhere ANY time!! to play in. You sound UPBEAT!! Lovin' that for a change!! Keep it up. Prayers.

MICHELE Eric is just another fish in the sea! Another guy will come along soon I'm sure for you! Sorry work is a little stressful with the boss...at least you can head over to the Yarn Cafe for some comfort!

SHERRY SNAKES!! ...not funny for you...but one of the teams my daughter plays against was at the tournament...her boyfriend was talking to their coach outside of their team van...the coach opened the door and there was a girl sleeping in the back...HE yells snake!!...WHY? you ask? to scare her? NO! there was one there!! They caught one in the van before the trip...of course they thought that was it...the girl rushed out...the coach couldn't find it...called animal control to come...don't know what happened my DD's boyfriend had to leave to see her match...funny...kinda.
Good to see you down 2 and the knee is better! Take it easy next week..OK?!

SAMI YOU ARE SO LUCKY! that is one cute kid..that CHASE MICHAEL!!

Well gals I think I am caught up again!

Prayers for all!!
Old 04-23-2005, 08:25 PM   #100  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Oh, I Almost Forgot...my Son's Friend Juan Sanchez...usa Army In Iraq...sent Ryan And I A Letter Today!! So Glad To Hear From Him.

Said He Would Take Me Up On The Care Package I Told Him I Would Send If He Mailed Me His Address...

His "wish List"....starburst Candy...ranch Sunflower Seeds...and....flamin' Hot Cheetos!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too Funny..................
Old 04-24-2005, 12:15 AM   #101  

Default Boy is it busy in here!!

I have not been here now for about 1 week to read the posts - and low and behold I have over 10 pages to get caught up with -

Hi to all - 'old and new' - this is a great site.

We have been somewhat busy here, and I was also a little under the weather. And then my sister arrived for 3 days - which I enjoyed very very much

And of course there is the daily 'ups/downs' with our pup - but wouldn't want to be without him - he is 6 pounds and looking very 'awkward' - can't wait to have all the adult hair come in.

Am so proud of my children - but my youngest really puts a smile on my face. She is 16 (and is developmentally challenged - has Down Syndrome). I homeschool her - always have - and just last week we went over the goals for the year with the online teacher that I have for support (she comes to visit us once a month) and guess what - she has met all the challenges for the year so she is ahead of her goals by 3 months!! Yeah!!!

Gary you mentioned abour my walking: Well I am back doing it but not as much as before. I have not really been up to it for about 7 weeks now and boy it really has caught up with me - I am hardly able to do much at all - seems like I am just about back to square one. But I will persist and get it back up there once again.

It was 2 years this month that I started having my radiation treatments - hard to believe 2 years have come and gone already. When I look back to 2000 and recall when they first told me that I had cancer I was devasted - of course first thing that entered my mind was 'I am going to die' - but on September 7 2000 I had major surgery - doc said the would call it 'radical' and they removed a lot of my 'inside' - but when the operation was over they said 'we got it all you are free of cancer.' I couldn't have been happier - did all the check ups they said to do - and low and behold 18 months later got a call back from the doctor - news was 'Sorry, but the cancer has returned.'

By this time I had been walking for about 18 months and really starting to feel good. Was told I was going to need 8 weeks of major radiation and then 2 30 minute sessions of 'internal radiation (this is when they actually insert live radiation into your 'privates' leaving you in a vault like 'container' for the 30 minutes - actually it was not bad - no pain - but lots of side effects.

Unfortunately the side effects they mentioned - bad to worse - I got the worse that could be. No outside skin problems but lots of internal problems due to the radiation.

I mention all this because on March 16 I had my 18 month check up - they have to sedate me for this as the scar tissue is to great that I cannot be conscious for the exam due to the pain / discomfort. After the exam (only take a few minutes - I am 'under' and then in recover and out of the hospital after 1 1/2 hours for this exam) the wonderful doc came and told me that as far as he could see 'ALL WAS CLEAR ' and if the biopsy came back as he thought it would then I would not need to have exams every 6 months but can go onto yearly exams.

Got the call this week - I AM FREE OF CANCER at this time - in otherwords I am 2 years free and working toward my 3rd year - and I don't need to travel to have this exam for 12 months PRAISE THE LORD.

Done side of it all is that in the last 18 months all the weight I had previously lost (35 pounds) I have put back on plus some. Doc said a lot of this is due to recovering from the radiation but that things should start changing soon with the weight - but the other side effects will be with me for life.

Just so happy about the results - now to get the weight off, and improve some other areas of health concerns - it can be done and I will do it - I am looking forward to meeting Jesus face to face but I would like to be hear with my children for a while longer.

Anyway hi to everyone - it is late here and am tired - to many late nights - will check in tomorrow.
Old 04-24-2005, 03:48 AM   #102  
back on the wagon

EZMONEY -- I love flaming hot cheetos! Those are my downfall!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2005, 10:10 AM   #103  

Good afternoon to all CER's. It is another sunny day here and quite warm although a little overcast. At least we haven't had any snow!! Poor Sunny! I'll send you some warm sun rays to melt the ice!!

Sprout thanks for that great update on all your news! I think you are an extremely brave woman and I do hope and pray that all aill be well from now on and you will not have any more horrible scares! Hugs for you, my friend What a terrible time for you and the family.May The Lord totally heal you now so you don't have to go through anything else disasterous!!

EZ, well done to Amanda on her great games over the weekend!! Oh...be nice to your mil!!! Serves you right that she logged on and busted you!!The puppies sound their usual mischievous selves!! Poor rose bush!! Poor Angie!! Perhaps a self locking gate will be in order??!

Sami...CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your grandson! He looks absolutely gorgeous! Bless him!! That photo is lovely...looking forward to seeing some more photos soon!!

Mitchypoo sorry about Eric's demise out of your life, but it seems that perhaps he might not have been worth the heartache. I do pray that you find someone to share your heart and life with real soon!! (I suppose he is safe and well and not in hospital still??) Hope you are not feeling quite so depressed now...TOM doesn't help much, I know!!

Suuny I hope Joe is feeling better now and his sinusitis has cleared up and left him!!

Well I am all done for now, so I'll be off! God Bless! All take care.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:06 PM   #104  
back on the wagon

Unhappy What a night!

Hello CErs! Last night was very eventful. I'll just tell you the bad part, anyways. My friend and I were driving around, and we hear this funny noise. We think, "Surely that has to be the road, because we JUST filled the tires with air." So we thought nothing of it. Hours later, her driving becomes erratic because of the strange noise. So, she decides to get out and check her tires. Lo and behold, her front tire is not popped, but it IS completely flat and at this point, she is almost driving on the rim. What stinks is, we have to drive approximately 15 blocks to the nearest gas station, all the while the bad noise is getting worse and worse. I'm just praying to God we don't crash and that we make is to a gas station. So, we get to the BP on 120th & Pacific to fill 'er up. And there's some idiot filling up his tires (which, by the way, don't look like they NEED IT!) so we have to wait. By the time we finally get up there, the tire is looking pretty sad. She goes to fill it with air, and instantly it comes back out. My friend tries it a second time, only putting in a little bit of air to see what happens. All of a sudden, it looks all bubbly and misshapen!!! So we run away quickly and BOOM! Her front driver's side tire is blown out. The sound was so loud, the managers at the BP came out to see if it was a gun shot. Lucky for us, no one got hurt. So there we were, me in a mini skirt and a tank top (BRRRR!!!) and her in jeans and a tee shirt with no jacket. We tried and tried to get a hold of someone, but to no avail. FINALLY about one hour later, my dad wakes up and answers the phone, agreeing to come get us. So, all was not lost. I just hope she gets a new tire soon. I'm so tired I can't make it to BIO 101 today. How was everyone else's weekend?

Last edited by lateralus98; 04-24-2005 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Misspelling!
Old 04-24-2005, 07:46 PM   #105  
back on the wagon

Tonight, I face the reality of giving up your favorite foods for weight loss. We're having lean steak, fresh corn on the cob, and THEY are having mashed potatoes. I decided to forego the taters. I LOVE mashed potatoes, but I know I will not eat them in moderation...so I decided to not eat them at all. *sigh* Mashed potatoes are my favorite!
Closed Thread