Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 08:31 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

The kids are doing okay.

Lynne has blossomed into a social butterfly--unfortunately, this means that her teacher is speaking with her more often about not talking when it's other people's turns. (Her teacher is very happy with the progress that Lynne has made this year--Lynne just has to learn this rule).

DJ on the otherhand, is quite a challenge. He brought home another behavior report--this time for not talking and not doing his work. He's always been a talker, that's nothing new, however, now it's starting to effect his school work. DJ is a straight A student and school comes easily to him but now he's starting to bring home lower grades on work that I know he knows how to do.

We've discussed this before--always dismissing it--but we're considering homeschool if after working with the teacher and couselors we can't figure out what is going on in his little 7 year old brain.

I've gotta tuck the little ones in.

See you soon~
Old 01-22-2005, 10:08 AM   #47  

Cool

Good Saturday Morning, to you Charlotte~

I figured I'd come on and say hello to you. It's a little cool today--58--with a slight chance of rain tonight. Then, it'll get warm and then cold later in the week. Go firgure, huh?

I have to go grocery shopping today and should have gone earlier this morning, but I didn't. Instead, I'll go later on the evening before dinner, but after the kiddos' naps. Because taking Lynne out without a nap is *whew* Evil.

Not too much to report today. And I suppose that's a good thing.

Just wanted to say hello--to Rita too!
Old 01-22-2005, 10:13 PM   #48  

Hello Friend,

I hope you find out what's going on with DJ. Sometimes children just go through a phase. My son started strange behavior when he was about DJ's age. It was like his head was in the clouds. He would forget things I'd told him to do. He wasn't doing so well in school. (He also, had done well.) A lot of strange things going on. It lasted about a year. I've had people to tell me that boys go through that. It almost drove me crazy. I do know that my grandson did the same thing. He's a straight A student, again. Then, watch out...in their teens, they eat you out of the house! My son ate more than anyone I'd ever seen! Now, my daughter is saying my grandson is that way...he's almost 16. So maybe this is what's going on with DJ. Not sure...just a thought I thought I'd pass along.

And Lynne....I remember you telling me a few weeks ago, how she talked very little. Such progress!

It's more than just a little "cool" here. It's downright "COLD"! The wind is really blowing hard, also.

Well....gotta go get ready for bed. Thanks for stopping by. Hope you have a great Sunday!

Hi to Rita.

Old 01-23-2005, 08:39 AM   #49  

So boys are just strange...huh, I always thought the story was that GIRLS were the strange ones! :LOL:

Can't say much, getting ready for church. Have a terrific Sunday.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:38 PM   #50  

Can I please take a couple of moments to sloooooooooooooow down?

Today started out all wrong and it just stayed wrong.

First, we all slept in today. I got the kids up just fine--but Danny and I had planned on going to the bank to open up a checking account. We planned on meeting at his store because he had brought the box truck home to help Chris move (they moved one unit over into a 3 bedroom).

I go to pick up my check after dropping DJ off but before taking Lynne to school only to find out that the checks--including mine--is at another store. I go and pick them up but find that the manager of the other store has locked her keys in her car--including the keys to the store!

She finally gets the locksmith out and I get the checks. Then I scramble to the other side of town to Lynne's preschool. Her music is in the middle of a song and I turned off the car. She got upset because she likes to listen to her music all the way through a song (don't ask).

So she's crying, I'm trying to herd her into her classroom. She's latching on to me, wants to go with me, yada, yada, yada.

I finally get out of there and feel like slime for leaving my baby crying--all because I'm late. I get to Danny's store and he jumps into the car. We head to the bank.

They do the checkfax, thingy...that thing they call to see if you have any outstanding checks? Well, our name comes back catagory 4. I said 'No! That cat. 4 is from YOUR bank. I paid that off back in November because I had to in order to open up a new savings account.'

She calls and gets that fixed and we get hooked up with a new checking acct. I apologize to her before we leave for being so short. Luckily, she said she understood, especially since I did everything I was supposed to do and they had messed up.

I go and drop Danny off at work and come BACK to the bank (we're running late, remember?) I open my check. It's under $90. I am less than thrilled. I deposit the check and get some money back since I'm running on fumes.

I run home and throw on my uniform and head to work. Walk in at 10 am there is a line of people--subway employees--harping on me because I'm late. They all want their checks. I'm like...well, sorry...hey, April, my check is short a few hours!

She looks at my check and chokes. She gets out her paperwork. They shorted me 40 HOURS. So she faxes in the paperwork again and my paycheck stub. I clock in and get ready to work.

I walk in the cooler to see what needs to be prepped and it's practically empty! Uh, April...we have no prep (usually, we have at least one backup pan, and then I build to whatever we need to get us through rush). Nothing. Nada. Go up front to count bread for my cash in. We have no bread! April is less than thrilled because she had to fill up the bain (something that they should do while they are breaking it down at night).

IN essence, we played catch up all day--AND NEVER CAUGHT UP. Customers, blessfully, weren't too crabby. Then again, April gives them **** if they act disrespectful and the customers RESPECT her for it (not sure I understand that philosophy..but hey, it works)

Incidently, I got a call from my big boss. She was apologizing on behalf of someone in payroll--she had misread the paperwork..completely skipped a week. Actually, more than a week...she paid me for 16 hrs and I got 57 total... The check was mailed today and I should get it at the store in three to four days.

I just want to curl up with a good book, a blanket, and my fuzzy slippers. It has definitely been one of THOSE days!
Old 02-01-2005, 08:49 PM   #51  

Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day. I don't know how you had the time or enery to post to me........but, glad you did. Oh....did you remember to pick Lynne up?

They sure did shorten you on your paycheck! I do hope you're satisfied with the decision you made about your job. I prayed that you would be ok with it.

I need you to be praying for me. I'm having some health issues that I'm concerned about. I have severe RA. I've recently been diagnosed with Cervical Radiculopathy. This means something is pressing on the spinal cord in my neck. I've had surgery before for this. I have a plate & donor bone. Only this time, if it's caused by RA, it's very dangerous. This type of arthritis works on ligaments, muscles, etc, as well as the bone. If it's gotten into the spine, I'm in a lot of trouble. The Dr that called & gave me the results wanted me to go out of town to a surgeon. I wouldn't go until my Neurologist (I've used him for several years) saw me & recommended I go. I'm pretty nervous about all of this. I'm wearing a soft cervical collar to help stabilize my neck until then....Feb. 15th.

I've been on a diet for a month now, & finally lost 7 lbs. I've been on steroids...(because of my problems with my neck) & gained my weight back. It's very hard to lose so soon after taking them, but determined.

Well........gotta go. Getting sleepy. Sure hope tomorrow is a better day for you!
Charlotte
Old 02-02-2005, 05:57 AM   #52  

I will certainly pray for you! When do you see your neurologist or have you already seen him?

Luckily, I did remember to pick up Lynne

After much thought, we've decided to stay here. We just cannot afford to move next to MIL (she and FIL are getting a divorce, not sure I told you, and she needs help with the kids). We are trying to work something out so that the kids aren't alone after school and still save on gas for everyone. (Pray for us on that!)

Needless to say, my MIL is very disappointed that we aren't moving. But tell me Charlotte, we are supposed to be good stewards of God's money, right? Are we doing the right thing by staying within our means? To move, would mean to rely on God every single month to make ends meet. While we're here, we can make ends meet. But I don't want to make the mistake of thinking this is all of our doing and not God's. Do you know where I'm going with this?

I just really need to keep the focus on God. Twice this past week He has 'shown' himself to me. I found money right when I needed it to buy some ground beef and the amount of the beef was the exact amount I found. Also, I put my last $10 in my gas tank and remember talking to God outloud and telling Him, "Okay God, this is all in your hands. I'm empty." And when I got home, there was a small check in the mail that carried me over until payday. And now with my pay being short, I'll really need to rely on Him!

"Dear Father in Heaven, may I always keep you first on my heart and mind. Amen."
Old 02-02-2005, 10:23 AM   #53  

Good morning, Iva...

It sounds like you've been having a lot of decisions to make & prayers going up. Yes, I agree with you 100% about living within your means. We made a lot of mistakes trying to have more than we could handle financially. Our life would have been so much better to have less, & not worry so much.
Now, since our housefire & theft, we're back to practically nothing....so what good did it do?! Listen to the Lord.... it sounds like you are...& everything will work out.
You're having some experiences as I did & do. Seems every time I need money or help...all I have to do is pray. There's always an answer. He promised our NEEDS if we'd live for him, & I strongly believe in that. We have to remember, he didn't promise we'd always get our WANTS. He knows what's best & we have to trust Him.
Maybe the pay they owe you will come in real soon. I sure hope so.
We are trying to cut out all of our spending that we can, to try to get this house finished. We're so tired of working on it. For now, we have a tarp roof & plastic roll paper for ceiling! We should have just tore this place down & started over. Another thing we look back on........
We've been warm enough, but the power bill is outrageous!

Thank you for your prayers. I go to the Neurologist Feb. 15th. I'm getting nervous, because I'm hurting more, & I'm afraid I've done more damage by not going straight to the surgeon as they recommended. I had to make a fast decision over the phone, & didn't want to rush into surgery. I've done research since, though, & see where, maybe, I should have went on.

I hope you have a good Wednesday! Praying for you, my friend.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:09 PM   #54  
RAR

Good afternoon ladies just wanted to pop in and say HI to everyone as it has been awhile since I posted so have got a lot of catching up on my reading the posts so everyone have a great day Rita
Old 02-09-2005, 05:48 PM   #55  

Hey Rita!

So nice to see you. Have a great day
Old 02-10-2005, 12:24 PM   #56  
RAR

Good Morning Ladies well finally got done reading all the posts so by now hopeing that things are going better for everyone we all seem to have our problems!!!!!!!Ohio got some snow last nite and I hate to go out in itbut work is calling me so better get moving as no more excuses drank my coffee so have a good one Rita
Closed Thread