Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 03:16 PM   #76  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

I was posting when you were Sunny. That is so sad. for Mel's family and crew.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:30 PM   #77  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Aw Sunny, that is so sad..... How considerate you and Joe are.

Bunna, oh, yum! Sounds good. I love italian, use to make all my own pasta from scratch. Nothing like fresh pasta...
Old 07-24-2004, 11:39 AM   #78  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Saturday

HI GALS

Yes, I'm here...not on another vacation! I haven't had much time for posting, the kids trying to catch up with all the "computer time" they missed and Angie busy on hers with her "business". I also have been busy at work, then a new neighbor got my number from my wife's ex-husband...she had a bunch of water damage in the home she bought 4 doors up from me and needed it repaired before today as she is getting it re-painted. I didn't really want to mess with it (really tired after work after 16 days off ) but being a new neighbor, wife's ex referal and the fact that we could certainly use the money to pay off the "FOOD" bill from the trip, I did it.

Angie and I had all the expenses for the trip paid for before we left except food and souveniers...we did well on souveniers but the food--OH MY! We figured about $100 a day for the 6 of us...since we would be eating breakfast each morning in the condo's...we also knew we would eat some dinners there too....missed our guess by about half!! OF COURSE!! And the worst thing about it...food seems to be cheaper there than California!! Gas sure is!!! it was $1.85 a gallon there for un-leaded...here it is about $2.40. All in all we sure were glad the rooms, rental van, plane, Busch Gardens and much of Williamsburg was pre-paid!! That way it won't hurt so bad when that credit card comes!! I'm gonna give it to Angie

SUNNYD So sorry for Mel's family and the minor problem (in the big picture for you and Joe). Angie has taken acidophilus for yeast infections in the past, I am going to mention it to my daughter for her IBS.

MICHELE Great news on the battered women's group! I know you will a great assit to their cause. Have a fun week-end with John!! if you get the chance. Hope the pain eases.

SHERRY Isn't colonial Williamsburg cool?!! Ryan is all fine now--That's what he gets for teaching summer school high school math right up until the day we left on vacation! Glad Kaci is fine now too! How is your oldest doing this summer? Working? BOYS!!?? My cousin, coach, came in 5th in our state ASA and qualified for their nationals 14 under-- they are our B team, they beat our A team in the first game of state but ended up in 5th, the A team then won 6 straight to win state.

BUNNA NEED MENU!!!! Angie is half Italian so we get a lot of it here..LOVE IT!! Great attitude on your SBD.

SPROUT, thanks for the messages! SAMI and WILMA...where are you? Looking for SUE??? too

Well Angie wants to give the dogs a bath...gotta help!!
Old 07-24-2004, 11:42 AM   #79  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

OOPS!! Sorry MARYKAY...I take notes on the post and you dropped on the floor!! We were gone 15 days to Virginia...stayed in Spotsylvania, outside Fredericksburg and then Williamsburg. I used to play cribbage a bunch in jr. high and high school with a friend of mine...tried playing a few years ago and forgot how!!

COMING ANGIE.............
Old 07-24-2004, 12:14 PM   #80  

Default Dieters devotions ofr july 24, 2004

July 24

Psalm 32:8
I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

Terry had been a savior. It was so nice to find someone who had gone through a long, hard diet before. God had really brought them together. At the time Lisa needed someone most, Terry had miraculously showed up. Lisa wondered whether Terry wasn't an angel in disguise. She had been such a great help. God often answers our prayers through the people He sends into our lives at key times. It is good to seek out the support of others who can relate to what we're going through. Pray that God will lead you to such people, so they might accompany you through the tough times.
Today's thought: Help me remember that I'm not alone!
Old 07-24-2004, 04:40 PM   #81  
Bunnababy

Good day. It was 98 at 10:00 this morning on my patio. The dogs won't even stay outside, the cats either. They all are hogging the air conditioning vents. Little

Sunny, glad that the Acidolphilus is helping, what a relief that must be?

Gary, we just got our credit card bill from our trip to Canada. We put everything on the card up there cuz you get the best exchange rate doing that, but we had saved cash to pay it before the trip. So no over that one. Glad Ryan is feeling good again. Strep throat is so painful poor guy. Nice of you to fix your neighbor's water damage problem so quickly, I bet she really appreciates it. Maybe when the kids get caught up with the you will have more time to post??? Are they ever caught up??? My dgd (13 yo) will stay on this one until we force her off. Me too sometimes though so I guess she comes by it naturally. Our menu is huge Gary but we do alfredo sauces, red sauces, olive oil and garlic sauces, pizza (hand-tossed), grinders (hot hoagies), and even though everything is good our Seafood Linguine and Eggplant Parmesan are standouts and we sell a ton of Clam Linguine and Lasagna. Like I said we do everthing in the store so it is tasty and I have to stay away from much of it, but there are also many many choices that are acceptable. In pizza we do a lot of specialty ones, hot and spicy, greek feta, chicken caesar, five or six chicken. We are getting ready to branch out and do a little Greek food and will introduce that as specials.

Mkay, I am still feeling kind of yucky, what is odd though is that in some ways I feel better. I have more energy but I still am headachy and feeling sore but wanting to do more. Strange. I have dropped five pounds, which I know is a lot of water but still it is off.

Sunshine Lady, I apologize I forgot your name name. Sorry that your post got lost. Don't work too hard this weekend. Hope you have time to stop in and say hi!

Michele, how are you doing today? Hope you back is improving at least a little everyday.

Well as much as I don't want to go out in the heat I better get moving so I can go to work. It is always so slow when it is this hot because no one wants to go anywhere to eat, delivery is up but not enough to cover what we lose in the dining room. Our hostess who has been really good at her job just recently took a second job and now she is too tired and we have had to stay on her about her work performance at our place. She is working too much and it is showing. So the closer last night just said she quit working after I left last night again. So I guess I will have to really put my foot down with her tonight and suggest that she give up one of her jobs or at least cut down her hours. I guess we get the tired end because she works for us in the evening but guess what--that is not our customers problem and it sure isn't mine. I feel bad for her don't get me wrong and I like her but..
Old 07-24-2004, 08:36 PM   #82  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default Saturday

BUNNABABY...I'M HUNGRY

Well the fence is finally finished! My nephew and his buddy want to paint the last 120 feet for $$$$...OK with me!! Between what my daughter painted, Angie and the girls and now the final side with my nephew...WHEW! it's gonna cost me a small fortune!! Could have got Tom and Huck much cheaper My nephew and his partner wanted $120 a side...I talked them down to $100 each (and I will still have to finish it when they are done).

Going out to dinner...Baja Fresh, a fundraiser for the 14 year old girl softball team my cousin coaches, then to a Rock Opera, Destiny Faire---my ex-wife bought Angie, my nephew, our son and daughter and me tickets for it. She goes to the same chiroprater Angie goes to and one of his helpers is in it...should be fun.

Next Saturday I have GREAT!!! tickets to see the Dodgers and Padres play from my neighbor for doing some work on his home---then my daughter gave me the tickets to the semi and finals of the ACCURA tennis tournament next Sat and Sun. My son will use the semi's and I will go to the finals. The way the bracket is working he might see SERENA and MARIA (the gal that won Wimbeldon a few weeks ago) play...they are in the same bracket so I won't see both if they go that far. My daughter gets free tickets for working there, she has volunteered for about the last 6 years or so, her and her mom. She had a ton of tickets for the pool play this coming week, gave those to her friends.

Son went to the horse races in Del Mar today....sent down $10 to bet on a horse called CHICKENDINNERWINNER...cool huh? and $10 on a horse DIG FOR IT...after our pups!! Usually I lose!! The chickendinner horse is being riden by a local boy just out of high school we have been following for the last couple of years, Michael Ruis, shows a ton of promise.

Well heading out...WORSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!
Gary
Old 07-25-2004, 09:17 AM   #83  

Default Worship at Home Today

Well, today I'm staying home from church which is not like me. I feel ok, but DH and I are at odds with each other and I just can't find it in my heart to go sit with him today. I will be doing devotions here at home. I think I will pray through the house today; it needs cleansing.

Gary, you are a busy man. Wow! I don't have that kind of energy anymore.

Bunna- I totally understand the "I feel better yet I don't" feeling. Isn't is amazing? I think I felt better knowing "I" was deciding to have more control rather than my desires. I really blew it yesterday, but will be back on track today and I can get groceries tomorrow. Not a cheap way to go, but it's the only way to stay consistent is by having it when you need it.

Sunny- So sorry about the roof man. How terrible for all. How's DH feeling today? Your IBS? I think it's great you have some relief. Praise God!

Sunshine Lady- You are a busy lady as well. Where do you work?

Sprout- Yes, He does send key people in our lives exactly at the right time as He is perfect in all ways. Thanks for reminding me.

Michelle- Thank you for helping out at the battered women's shelter. They really need you.

Well, devotion time for me. I think I will just lay low today; it's not good when we are not getting along. Need some prayers if I/DH could. Thanks!

Mkay
Old 07-25-2004, 11:04 AM   #84  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

This place is hopping! Yeah!! I've been kind of busy the past few days so I couldn't post. Yesterday was DH's 50th BD. Sound familiar Gary? He does not like attention so we just went out for dinner. I bought him a leather jacket that he's been wanting for awhile. Our guys bought him a subscription to a magazine he really likes.

I've been eating way too much but have increase my exercise so hopefully when I weigh in at Curves tomorrow a.m. the damage won't be to severe. I am thankful that I haven't been gaining!

Today we have a quiet day. This a.m. it's church and then a quiet afternoon until this evening when we have a BBQ with our care group. It's always relaxing and I enjoy the time we spend together.

I would love to address each one of you individually and just might if I have time this afternoon but I better go get ready to leave for church.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 07-25-2004, 12:57 PM   #85  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Wilma~so happy to hear from you! Glad DH had a good birthday!

Sunny~how is Joe feeling? Any improvement? Gosh, sounds scary......wish he could have that sleep study sooner. Keep us posted and i'll keep him in prayer too.

Gary~sounds like you have a young entrepeneur on your hands! Nothing wrong with earning money. Hey, what about our Dodgers! I miss going to games and a Dodger dog! Have a good time.

I went to work Sat. and really felt pretty good, debated if i should do some errands after work but didn't want to overdo it so i came home and rested. I'm not having to take as much pain med. and i'm sleeping much better at night! Feeling down today, very emotional.....not sure why. I was reading the obits this a.m. and started crying, feeling a little blue. Think it's because of being cooped up in the house. And i started realizing how alone i am sometimes. I also have been thinking about death lately, found a poem i want to keep in case anything happened to me. Anyways, just a mood i guess.

I MUST go do some laundry but i took a pain pill so will have to wait, can't drive on them.
Old 07-25-2004, 01:19 PM   #86  

Default Dieters devotions for July 25, 2004

July 25

Galatians 5:16
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Dan made a resolution to use his breakfast and lunch times for prayer and reflection. He would eat something light, then spend the rest of the time in quiet time with God. It got him through some really tough periods of hunger and temptation. Refreshed by the time with God, Dan then no longer felt the desire to stuff himself. God strengthened him, gave him courage, and filled him with resistance enough to persevere. God will fill the emptiness we feel in our bellies. He will fill us with His own Holy Spirit and lead us away from temptation. Rely on God. His strength is offered to all who will but receive it.
Today's thought: I would rather be Spirit-filled instead of calorie-filled!
Old 07-25-2004, 01:25 PM   #87  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Default Sunday

HOME FROM CHURCH

Hi gals,

Well Angie and I just got home from church so I thought I would pop in and say hi. The opera was pretty good last night. What it turned out to be was a rock opera written by one of the partners from the chiropracter office my wife and ex-wife go to. It was performed by all of his "people". Quite good actually, but ah... not proffesionals. It was nice though overall, it was at the performing arts center, a classy place and the place was packed. Actually we knew alot of folks there from sports, church, etc. that happened to know someone in it or were given tickets by someone who knew someone, etc.

Well CHICKENDINNERWINNER won but my son placed my $10 bet on place because the other horse DIG FOR IT lost by a mile and he wanted to bring something home for me, hopefully. It paid $6.40 so we got back $32 which was cool but it would have been $60 if he bet to win. So all in all I made $12 on the day

WILMA Happy birthday to your husband. He sounds like me...keep it simple!! Now Angie on the other hand...well, let's just say I better be planning for a big 50th in 6 years for her!! Remember girl that by not gaining is just as awesome as losing, in the "old" days those would be GAIN days!! Keep up that great work-out!!

MARYKAY Sorry for the husband conflict..prayers for you. At least he is in the right place this morning...always hope at church. Ya just never know what the message will bring do ya? I remember years ago when I was going through a tough divorce, so many times I felt like our Pastor's message was JUST FOR ME!! Hoping the end of your day is better than the start!

I bought myself, Angie and all the kids LIVESTRONG wristbands to help LANCE ARMSTRONG and his cancer awareness fight a few weeks ago, my daughter started working at the Acura tennis tournament yesterday with the first draws...not sure if you ever heard of her but one of the professionals, Mary Pierce was asking her where she got hers because she wanted to get one. Cool when a "PRO" talks to you on a personal level instead of just finding out info they need for their scheduled play time etc. My kiddo is close with one of the pros, Elena Lickhostava (? spelling a no-no )--if she is in the tournament this year she will look Amanda up. She and her husband have taken her out to dinner, shopping in the past years...and hit balls with her too!

Well not sure what the has in store for me today but I better get going before I get in more trouble

"COMING ANGIE!!....hey babe where did you hide my beer....aw come on babe I promise I'll work in the yard with you...no, really babe...honest ( )..... KIDDIN'..outta here....ENJOY YOUR DAY...get off the computer and do something for yourselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gary
Old 07-25-2004, 01:34 PM   #88  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI MICHELE and MARILYN...you posted when I did. MICHELE dear it is OK to get down a little from time to time but ya...GOTTA GET OVER IT!!! and you know the best way to do that as well as the rest of us...Pray then start moving those feet in a posite direction whether you feel like it or not!!! GET GOING!!!!!!!!!!! Stop it with the death thing too ya knucklehead!! There have been a few around you lately but it isn't you...God has big plans for you...who knows where helping at the battered women's hotline will lead!! OH by the way---NO DODGER dogs this coming week-end cause the games will be at the San Diego Padres new field, the boys in blue just won 2 from those pesky Padres in LA though friday and last night...win today and it's a sweep!! Take care of yourself!!
Old 07-25-2004, 01:56 PM   #89  

Hello I guess I will never get caught up so I will just jump in! I have been down in my back but refused to give in so I think I made it worse! But my house looks great! I painted my familyroom barn red and it looks great! I love the country look!
Michele-I feel your pain. Being in pain for so long is depressing the pain meds are also a downer. I am worried about you. (((((((HUG))))))) We are here for you and you are not alone.
Sprout-Thanks again for the posts they offer hope.
Ez-I am glad your son got better and was able to enjoy the rest of his trip! I know what you mean about the kids pay wage LOL My 7 yrs came up to me after I just completely redid thier room we had 3 bags (39 gal) of give away and two (39 gal) of trash and she tells me she should get a bigger allowance because her room is so clean! (of course I did 90%) of course the answer is NO.
Donna-I have some friends who are taking something they buy on the internet that has several live cultures I will try to get more info on it. But two of them have bad IBS and they swear it is gone since they have been taking this meds. My prayers are with you and Joe.
bunnababy-I hope things go well between you and your employee. She must think alot of you or she would have quit when she got the other job. I work in HR in an area where people have a lot of money and the minors come to work when they want and really don't care if they get fired. (thier parents want them to work but then call in for them all the time) So I know what you mean.
Mkay-I pray thing patch up between you and your husband. I heard something when me and my husband first got married and it had been a strong thing between us "Couples who pray together stay together" I don't know who I heard it from but to me it is saying when you pray together and put God as the main one in your life he will help you through it. Prayers are with you.
Angel lover-How is your house comming? I am thinking of you.

Got to run.
Sami
Old 07-25-2004, 04:00 PM   #90  
Bunnababy

OUCH!!! Last night my granddaughter left her dad's bedroom door open (they are staying with us for a month while their house is getting ready to move into) and the latest rescue kitty went in to get the rats. He has done it before and believes, as do I, that rodents do not belong in the same house as eight cats who have struggled in their earlier lives to survive. This particular kitty was terribly abused, at any rate I went to get him out and when I shut the door I shut his tail in it and he bit the first thing he could get ahold of which happened to be my leg. I am so aggravated at my granddaughter. I am sure the cat thought we were just torturing him some more, poor guy. We kissed and made up after my dil and cleaned up my leg and super glued the holes. It is really sore today and I will have to watch it for infection, which is why we glued it closed, a trick we learned from our doctor a few years ago and it works great. Don't worry we cleaned it good and used betadine so it will be fine. But still ouch!!!

Hi Sami, sorry to hear about your sore back. We are getting ready to redo our house inside once the kids move out. Gonna do it in steps and we don't need any carpenter work done so just redoing the surface stuff, new carpet, paint, countertops, etc.

(((MaryKay)))

Hello to everyone else, I need to get some housework done before work today. Talk to you later and have a great day.
Closed Thread