Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 10:17 AM   #106  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

MKay, will keep BIL,SIL in prayer. Glad you are back! And how brave of you to report your + or - after being on vacation. Just realize that it's just a number and you are back home, back to your old routine, so please don't be discouraged.

I go for the MRI today. I'm noticing again small improvements such as when i get out of bed i don't have sudden pain, i can walk to the door and take Simba out and it's after being up and my weight on my back that it starts to hurt. That's an improvement. My chiro gave me a paper about retracing, ever heard of it? It has to do with past trauma to the body and how the body remembers the pain and when you are adjusted it doesn't like it. It makes sense to me and i think that's why it's been so painful lately, but i'm keeping on.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:44 AM   #107  

Default Hello

Mitchypoo-
So sorry about the pain you are in. MRI...loud. It will tell so much though. I think you will feel much better just knowing that your pain was investigated in a much more efficient way.

Boy, being back to work is an adjustment. Ok though.

Everyone...have a blessed day and be still...and know the He is God.

Mary Kay
Old 06-29-2004, 01:46 PM   #108  

Default Very good devotion for June 29, 2004

Don't Let Go

But cleave unto the Lord your God, as ye have done unto this day.
Joshua 23:8

Before I started using a wheelchair when I was fifteen, I walked on
crutches from the age of three. Since I was dependent on my crutches to
walk, they basically became an extension to my body. I felt uncomfortable
anytime my crutches were not in easy reach.

One day in kindergarten, my class took a field trip to the Phoenix Zoo.
I thoroughly enjoyed myself until I encountered a certain baby goat in
the children's petting zoo. I would have enjoyed the baby goat, too, if
he
hadn't gotten his horns stuck in one of my crutches and run off with it.
Thankfully, he didn't take both crutches or I would have fallen on my
face.

Many times I've heard people say, "Christians just use God as a crutch."
Is there really something wrong with that? One of the great things about
a crutch is it keeps you from falling. As long as you hold tight to the
crutch, it will keep you balanced and enable you to walk steadily. It's
when you let go of the crutch that you fall on your face.

We need to hold tight to God. The world around us is such a shaky,
uncertain place. We need something to grab hold of so we don't lose our
balance. Thankfully, we have God to hold on to during the roughest
trials.
As long as we hold fast to him, he will keep us from falling.

When trials are not coming our way, we may have the temptation to think
we can make it on our own. If we're not holding on to God, the next trial
that comes will knock us on our face.

God may be a crutch, but don't ever let go of that crutch.

(If this devotional has blessed you, pass it on.)

From a fellow traveler just passing through,

Jason Mitchener
http://www.JasonMitchener.com
Old 06-30-2004, 12:44 PM   #109  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

THE PURPOSE-DRIVEN® LIFE Daily Devotional June 30, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to Whom?
by John Fischer

Life is hard. How often we forget that this is the way it is supposed to be. We push against the difficult circumstances in our lives instead of allowing them to work God’s character in us. We act as if the good life is what we deserve. Even the good life we will enjoy in heaven is not what we deserve, so what business do we have assuming everything will be easy down here?

Everything we are going through is for a purpose. God does not waste any experiences on us; he uses everything. “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them” (Romans 8:28). There are no qualifiers on this. It doesn’t say everything except the stupid things we do, or everything except when we blow it, or everything except for our sin; it just says “everything.” No exceptions.

The only reason this isn’t always tremendously good news for us is the little clause: “according to his purpose for us.” We forget that it is his purpose that is being worked out in our lives, and the only time this would be a problem is when his purpose is not necessarily ours. At issue here is who defines the success, fulfillment and purpose we are seeking—our culture or the Lord?

We get into a lot of trouble when we use our culture’s definition of fulfillment and apply it to our understanding of God’s purpose for our lives. We often assume God is blessing us when things are going great, and God is cursing us when things are going poorly when the opposite could very well be the case. God’s hand and his love are hidden in the difficult things. We should actually be wary when things are “easy,” for this world is not our home nor is it a place to seek the comforts of life. These are culturally defined, not spiritual.

The spiritual things in our lives have to do with what builds character in us, and these are most often the more difficult things. “We can rejoice, too,” says Paul in Romans 5:3&4, “when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us—they help us learn to endure. And endurance develops strength of character in us, and character strengthens our confident expectation of salvation.”

So when things are going well for you or things are going poorly, the first things you should ask is “According to whom?”

John Fischer is an author, speaker, and songwriter based in Southern California. His latest book, Love Him in the Morning, is being released this month by Revell Publishing.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:48 PM   #110  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Afternoon Cer's,

My Joe has not been feeling very well the last few days (since Sunday morning) and it has been a big concern for us both... his Blood Pressure has been high in spikes and he has been very tired. When I got home this morning from my Curves I called his Dr. and made an appointment for 11:30am tomorrow. I know I will feel better once I hear from Doc Miller that all is well. I am hoping that it is just fatigue --- he works so very hard & such long days. He took off all day yesterday after my begging him to... and he slept for almost two hours yesterday afternoon on his new hammock that my folks & I got him for his birthday. He really needed that rest! I also set him up for a complete physical, but it won't be till Nov 24th - it was the soonest they could fit him in for one. As long as he gets to see the doc tomorrow I will be satisfied. I have been so concerned. We are too young for this --- at least in our minds we are, but our bodies are telling us differently these days. Sometimes I think it's so unfair that in your mind you are still young, but you see and feel a difference in your body. Before... I would do a project and maybe feel tired that night and fine the next day - now I will feel it for at least two-three days afterwards... it's a bummer.
Anyway, I hope the Dr. tells us not to be concerned.

Our weather has been absolutely beautiful here! Cannot complain at all --- sunny, in the 70's and with a breeze. There was a small earthquake in Painesville (about 30min. North from us) - it was around a 3.3 on the Richter Scale @ about 1:00am - not too big really, but big enough for those people living in Painesville, OH.

We had a meeting the other day with the roofer and it will cost us about $5,600.00 to have it all done. We selected a 40 year shingle with Ice Guard all the way up and a Ridge Vent on the roof... they take care of the old tear offs and replace any rotted wood (if any) and haul away everything afterwards. We also will get 12 months same as cash to pay for it - so it looks like we may have them do it within the next couple weeks. I cannot wait! And it will all be done in ONE DAY - cool! I think the color is called Sandalwood. We really need to get this done. Then once that is paid for I will be able to begin some inside home improvements that I have been dying to do... One step at a time... ... I keep telling myself.

*~*~*

*SAMI*
It is wonderful to hear from you again... so sorry to hear of the problems with your computer. There's allot of that going around these days - so many bugs. I too have the Norton Professional Anti-Virus and so far all is well... but then again I am the ONLY one that uses this computer and that makes a big difference. I am so very careful as to what I open.

I do hope that you feel better real soon and I am glad to hear that those pain patches do help! I will have to get some for my husband - he has been complaining of lower back pain lately.

Thank-you for the birthday wishes for Joe (he thanks you also!)... he told me he had a nice day --- we stayed home that day, but went out to dinner with our friends to celebrate.

Ohhh, I am struggling these days too!! Believe me! I haven't budged is weight loss. I went a whole week without walking because I was still not up to par, I went to Curves 2x last week, but didn't walk. Now I am feeling well and have been going out in the mornings for my walk instead of the T-Mill - it has been so beautiful! I went to Curves this morning, but am not going to be weighed in this month. I know I haven't lost and don't need to have it "in my face" so to speak. It'll make me feel discouraged and I don't need that, that's for sure. I am just trucking along --- still striving to lose this 38lbs! My sister is budding up with me in weight-loss, so that will be nice. I sent her the SBD book I had so she could read it too. She e-mails me everyday with her plans and how she's doing and we encourage one another. I do hope she does well - she is such a sweetheart and is so very unhappy with herself. What a giving heart she has.

Sounds like your home is coming along beautifully... got any pics

*GARY*
Joe said he had a wonderful birthday and he thanks you for all the birthday wishes

*MICHELE*
Congrats on that 8% raise! I bet that is so nice to see each payday
Have you had that MRI?? Will they be able to help you?? I hope that they will be able to help you real soon... back pain can make your life very limited because of the pain. I do hope you feel better soon.

Did you get my PM about Photobucket?? You will be able to use your graphics through them.

Thank you too for the Devotional... all such good reading on a quiet afternoon

Welcome *MAGGIE*
Nope, I don't go to that church either, why did you ask?
We all go to different churches here in this thread, but are Christians.
There's only ONE God and Savior

*SPROUT*
Once again... thanks for all the Devotionals!

*WILMA*
Like that hammock, 'eh... me too I fell asleep on it the other day and it felt great - although, I woke up with both cats sleeping ON ME! I was trying to breathe and woke up to a 14 lb cat sleeping on my chest! No wonder I couldn't breathe These boys see me lay down and they are there too - they love being with both Joe & I.

The picnic sounded so nice! I love picnic's - Our church use to put one on every year, but for some reason just didn't last year and I missed it It is so much fun visiting everyone and their families in a picnic atmosphere.

*MARY*
So good to see you back!
Sorry it's been so quiet these days... there's allot to do in the summertime.

I too WILL pray for Shirley & Steve.

*~*~*

Will you all please keep my hubby, Joe, in prayers that this is nothing serious?
His mother died of a stroke at 78 and he is so very much like her in so many ways. It is a big concern for us both... thank you so much!!

Take Care now and don't be strangers!!!!!
*God love's you all*
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 06-30-2004 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:01 PM   #111  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sunny~I hope Joe is feeling back to his old self soon and it's nothing serious. He's probably just tired. I did get your PM on the graphics, i'll try it, it just seems that there should be an easier way, you know?

Having a bad day, pain is bad, posted this a.m. about MRI but it was lost? Anyway, it went fine yesterday, after getting there late due to the freeway closure of a ramp and wrong directions. It was painful to stay still for that long but i didn't get claustrophobic. Dr. called today and I do have a significant bulging disc on L5 and S1, low back. It's about 10-11 mm (.5 inch) big which is not good. I have some different options, dont know what i'm going to do. Just trying to deal with the pain right now.

Last edited by Mitchypoo; 06-30-2004 at 04:05 PM.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:09 PM   #112  

Smile

Awwe *MICHELE*
I am so sorry to hear of your back.
*Prayers and more prayers for you*

I thank you for yours for Joe

As far as the graphics - it not hard at all I just did it with the heart I used in my last post, but if there is another way and you find out about it - I would love to know

Donna <><
Old 07-01-2004, 08:40 AM   #113  

Wink Good Mornin Everyone

It's a whopping 8:23 a.m. UGH! I have been struggling so much lately. I just want to be home and play house BUT...I need to work. It's so hard to be content where I'm at right now; feeling like I'm wandering in the wilderness.

Arkansas was beautiful especially at Mount Magazine which is the highest mountain in AR. I don't want to live there quite yet...only vacation there.

Sunny-
So sorry to hear about Joe. I will pray that the Holy Spirit's healing power heals his body...Amen! I know the feeling about the mind being younger that what the body feels like. Even if I wear the wrong shoes...I suffer. Just riding in the car for so long makes my lower back feel old.

Michele-
EEK about the discs. Gary had a disc that was leaking. Repaired in no time flat and he was at his desk doing paperwork that same day. He's weird though. What are your options? Thanks for the words from The Purpose Driven Life. I needed to hear them as I am wondering who, what, when, where, why about my placement in this world.

Sami-
Hello...not sure we've met. I will be going to curves tonight. First time in a loooong time.

Gary-
Have you slowed down these days? Our baby (nikki) was so good on our trip and driving for 14 hours I must give her credit. Once I figure out how to post pics I will show you some of her on the tall mountain.

Maggie-
Welcome...I've only been posting here for a short while and everyone is SOOO sweet and caring. I do not go to that church as well. Keep posting!

Sprout-
Thanks for your words. They are helpful right now.

Wilma-
The picnic sounded fun. I'm not too sure when our church picnic is. Hope not next Sat since I have a wedding to attend.

I hope all is well with everyone.

Hugs for now...time for...
Mary Kay
Old 07-01-2004, 09:27 AM   #114  
Southern Belle

Hello CEers!!!
I can't post long. Just wanted to let you know that I am alive. I'm having major problems with the computer! I can't seem to stay online long enough to post. It is continually kicking me offline. The server says it's my computer and the computer company says its the server. I would love to change servers but we are really limited to what we have in this rural area.

I am still having health problems, go back to the Dr today. Doing softball again, start tournament playoffs Monday. Gary, these folks are out for blood and guts, the coaches for 8yrs old and UNDER!!! We may only get to play Monday and Tuesday????

I miss you all but I will close now, before I get booted off and lose it all again.

{{{{{HUGS to all}}}}}
Old 07-01-2004, 06:55 PM   #115  

Smile

*MARY*
Thank you so much for your prayers
The Dr. believes that Joe has Sleep Apnea and that it is causing his fatigue and his spikes of high BP and low body temp. So he will be going for a Sleep Study as soon as the Dr. clears it with our Insurance Co. He also took a blood sample to check his thyroid just in case. But all in all it's pretty good news, the Dr. doesn't think there's a concern for stroke or heart problems... thank the Lord. He is so thin and in such good shape - I just couldn't figure out what could be wrong... but I told the Dr. all I could think of (ie: his snoring at night and gasps for breath, his fatigue, low body temp & spikes in his BP) and I jotted down all his numbers each time I took his BP and it helped the Dr. out allot. My mom told me to do it, she's a retired RN. We both breathed a deep sigh of relief after his appointment, we came home and had lunch together before he left for work again. He was all smiles when he left this afternoon

Me too!!! When I wear dress shoes for church on Sunday's by the time I get home I feel it in my shoulder blades and in my left knee (my bum knee). Thankfully I am not in them longer then a couple hours

*SHERRY*!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's so good to see you
I have been very concerned about you and am glad to hear it is your computer and not YOU! Darn those computer bugs anyway!! I am so glad I have the Professional Version of the Norton - I think it blocks more then the reg. So far, so good! Sure do hope that you get everything fixed real soon and will come back. It has been so very QUIET here!!

I sent you a PM wondering how you were...
Come back as soon as you can, okay

*MICHELE*
I am thinking of you!!
{{{Hugs}}}

*~*~*

Missing everyone!!! Where are guys???
It's just too quiet here these days

*God Bless*
Me <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 07-01-2004, 07:40 PM   #116  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Hi all,

Sherry, thanks for letting us know you are ok, i was worried too. Computers can be so aggravating sometimes, can't they? I think it's because we're so dependent on them.

I didn't go to work today. I was up at 2:30 in pain, had a bad night. I called my med. dr. and told her the situation and asked if she'd call my chiro about the MRI and if she'd give me a pain killer. She wouldn't call the dr. and she would only prescribe an anti-inflammatory. Yesterday was an awful day and that just topped it. I'm so sick of the traditional medicine route. They said if I'd COME IN, tthen maybe she'd give me something. So come in, pay my fee, she looks at me and then i'm worthy of pain meds........anyway, the thing they gave me is also for arthritis, its called relafen, it does seem to take the edge off the pain. Today i did nothing but sleep, the point being that i was able to sleep for hours at a time. I'm considering having that epidural shot to help with the pain and continue with the chiro, i'll talk to him more tomorrow about it.

Sunny, whew! I'm so happy to hear they don't think it's serious, although that apnea can be bad too. I hope he improves.

My best girlfriend from highschool just sent a prayer request for her brother who is a year or two younger than me. She said he's in the hospital and has internal problems. Sounds serious, please say a prayer for Davey in Palm Springs.

Back to bed for me....
Old 07-02-2004, 09:04 AM   #117  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

It feels like forever since I was here last. It's been pretty hectic here lately. Yesterday was Canada Day so I had the day off work. I got some baking done and visited with a friend who was staying until her flight early this a.m. Pretty relaxing all in all.

I've been doing pretty well with my WOE. I bought 2 DVD's that I'm going to use to suppliment my Curves for now. I got Walk Away the Pounds which I love and Preventions' Walk Your Way Slim. They're very different from each other and will add some variety. I was going to get up early and do one this a.m. but I was so tired I decided to sleep instead. Maybe I'll try one tonight.

Michele: I'm so sorry you're suffering so much. What options are the docs giving you? Take care of yourself.

Sunny: I'm glad you have found out what Joe's problem is. I'm sure this is something that can be "fixed". It's hard to see your mate suffering too isn't it? I'm glad to hear that you're getting support from your sis. It's nice to have someone to share with. I get frustrated when I eat properly and exercise and then lose onlu 1/1/2 lbs.in a month. That's why I'm adding more exercise. I've found that maintaining my weight is easy enough right now but I too have 20 - 25 lbs. to lose.

It's time again to get to work. Have a super day everyone!! It's the weekend tomorrow and most of you must have a long weekend coming up right? Have a great one!!
Old 07-02-2004, 01:16 PM   #118  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Friday

HI GALS

My cousin gave me the day off to get ready for our trip to Virginia. Just to let you all know we will be gone for 15 days, as far as I know I won't touch base again with you for awhile

Angie and I took Reba in for her shots--she wouldn't go without Rylee and Rylee wouldn't stay in the house without going with Reba...the bonding there is getting really strong...too strong Gonna have to show them who is when I get back from vacation

Sorry I haven't checked in much this week..I was lurking but didn't have much time to post with all that was going on. Had to get shoes for me and the nephew, took puppies to the park after work for exercise and play, getting things all set for the "BOYFRIEND" to house sit...I swear if he takes any of my T-shirts I'll kill 'em I have a great collection of over 50 again and I am sure Angie has talked to him about having some disappear while we are gone

DONNA Glad, I think(?) that all it is is sleep apnea, my buddy has that and when the doctors figured it out it made a big difference in his life. He uses the machine...for the first few weeks he had tons of energy from the new rest..he eventually settled in but still doing much better. You must have gotten our weather, we are having our typical JUNE GLOOM here but all in all very pleasant weather, not too hot or cold just not much morning or early afternoon sun. Sorry your exercise is down but....WHAT DO YOU MEAN STUCK ON 38 POUNDS?!!!!! HEY GIRL, THAT IS 38--NOT!! 40, 45, 50, etc.... NOTICE HERE DEAR THE WORD ...STUCK...this means NO GAIN!!!!! Enjoy the holiday with the boys

MICHELE Sorry the back is not helping out! My brother has to take relafen and he swears by it, so I hope it works as well for you. He almost lost his leg when he was 19, he is 48 now, and has always had tremendous pain in his leg and knee, his ankle is fused together so his leg doesn't bend correctly which has caused his entire body to be out of whack for 30 years, also doing the same type physical work as I do doesn't help...he has to soak his leg in HOT water every morning for 45 minutes before he can even walk, it has always saddened me to see him in so much pain on a daily basis. The relafen helps him get through the day. Prayers for your friend's brother. Hope you and John can find "together" time for the 4th...enjoy and prayers.

SHERRY So glad to see you back and that it was only computer problems. Hope all went well at the docs yesterday. I know what you mean by being out for blood...it is sooo sad what has happened to youth sports these days. My son and daughter are good athletes...not great...I think because of this I get so much enjoyment out of their play...anything they do I enjoy watching and they enjoy playing...of course they want to win but they are never at the very top...more like at the top of the middle third. I remember my son would run in races at invitationals here in high school for cross country, he would usually finish between 40 to 50th place out of 150 runners...good but not great. I think that was more fun than "losing" because you came in 2nd or 3rd etc! My cousin is the coach of our softball ASA "B" team B team, we have tons of girls so we have 2 all-star teams, well they made it to the state championship this year, next week--something to be proud of...our A team always makes it...anyway talk about pressure--FROM HIM-- to win...so sad, if he doesn't do well it will be a 'LOSS" no matter what..instead of being happy to make state, they will be sad if they don't make nationals and feel like failures. Hope you and your daughter have a great MEMORY like I do with my kids!! of their sports.

WILMA Have a great time with your "MARTHAing" while I am gone I expect great losses from the new tapes work-outs!!

MARYKAY Sounds like the trip to Arkansas was up and down..ahh family Your puppy sure did well...don't think it would have went that well with mine!! We are sure gonna miss them for 2 weeks!! Hope you have a great 4th.

SUE Hope Alaska is going well!! Sorry I missed the boat on that, next year we will have to plan better

SAMI Enjoy the 4th will all those knucklehead kids Hope the health and job are good.

MARILYN Keep on walking!! Happy 4th!

ANGEL Prayers still coming for the family struggles, happy 4th.

Well, I need to do some chores before it gets too late...ya know, a beer run...Hey I'm on vacation!! like that matters

I will try and check in before I go but if not...........

MY PRAYERS ARE WITH ALL OF YOU!! GOD BLESS, Gary
Old 07-02-2004, 04:57 PM   #119  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

My best girlfriend from CA called me today to say that her brother Davey in Palm Springs (whom i requested prayer for earlier) passed away today...I'm so shocked and upset. It's her only brother, there was only them two as grandchildren in the family. This is truly devastating. He was only 37. Please pray for the family, that somehow they can get through this...
Old 07-03-2004, 06:15 AM   #120  

Smile

Good Saturday Morning CER's,
I have been so good getting in my walking for July so far - I have walked 5.75 miles for July already. I did not get out this morning for my walk because we are meeting friends very early for breakfast this morning, but I am going to see if my hubby is up for a walk in the park today so I can get in at least 2 miles. I don't walk in the parks alone (too scary) so if he doesn't want to go I'll just take my walk here at home, but I will get in at least two today.

We are looking at another beautiful day today... this weather has been too good to be true lately. I feel as if I have to pinch myself

Yesterday we met with the roofer guy and signed all the paperwork to have it done... looks like we may be scheduled for the 14th of July (depending on the weather). I am anxious to have it done for two reasons... I am hoping that my gardens don't get damaged and my cats are gonna be very unhappy with the noise on the roof I look forward to the beauty of it when it's done, but not the anxiety of it being done. I am so glad that my hubby will be home to keep an eye on everything as they work.

*MICHELE*
I am so very sorry to hear of your best friends brother passing away - and he was only 37 What did he die of so young and so fast if I may ask?? I will hold their family in my prayers... how very sad. How are you holding up with the news???

*GARY*
You, ANGIE and family have yourselves a wonderful vacation!!!! I will keep you all in prayer for a safe trip and a trip that will last forever in your memories! So much fun that will bring smiles to you faces each time you think back... Have a blast! I will miss you so much, but look forward to your stories when you get home. Thanks for the encouragement... you always bring to mind the work I have done already. Thanx!

Again, have a wonderful time you two!

*WILMA*
I just bought the WATP DvD's too... I haven't used them yet because I have been going outdoors to do my walking with all the nice weather we've had lately. I also got the TAE BO DvD. I got the DvD's to have some variety in my workouts. I use to do TAE BO and loved it, so I am hoping to get into it again. I haven't lost any more weight since 6-11 and do get to feeling frustrated, that's why like Gary's perspective... he shakes me back into reality looking at how far I have come and not where I still have to go.

Oh yes... Joe had his thyroid checked when he saw the Dr. and yesterday I got a call that he is within the normal range - whew, that's a relief. So now he'll just have the sleep study done (as soon as I am able to schedule it) and we'll go from there. In the meantime, I just make sure he is on his side and he seems to breathe easier.

You enjoy your holiday with your family!!
Then come back and fill us in on all you did, okay

Well, I must be going...
I have some e-mails to catch up with this morning with my family.

*God Bless you all and Have a Fun & Safe Weekend!*
Always,
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Closed Thread