Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 09:39 AM   #61  

Wilma12- Hello...I joined sometime last week. I love doing this. Easy to go on and on for me though. I hope the best for you with getting back into the swing of things. Curves? EEK...I joined in January and have only been there maybe 12 times. I just can't seem to include that along with working all day, hungry and NEEDING to cook when I get home and to run the house. UGH!! I get overwhelmed easily. I'm doing the SB diet (lifestyle change) and I do have bread...one slice...whole wheat per day. I just get frustrated with the cooking every night thing. With no kids at home and just DH, I sometimes just don't want to do it. An attitude adjustment I supposed.

Thank you for the welcome and have a good day at work.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:44 AM   #62  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Oh, i'm so worried about Sunny, i can hardly stand it. I hope she posts soon.
Sherry~What a nice prayer, thank you dear.
Gary~Prayers for your family.

It is solemn here this a.m. but that's okay. I hope you all have a good Wednesday though. It's going to be sunny and NOT raining here today so i'm happy! More later...
Old 06-02-2004, 03:28 PM   #63  
Losin It For GOOD!

Hey ladies and gents,
sorry for "vanishing" we had an ABSOLUTELY INSANE weekend. I'm still trying to recover! Yes, I'm in a band. I'm the lead singer/acoustic guitar player/song writer. you can check us out online, our band name is FaithfulEssence and we have the www.bandname.com address... In otherwords insert the band name in the middle! I don't want to post and start getting eons of spam! God has REALLY blessed our ministry - its amazing how he confirms over and over that this is what we should be doing.

I had a huge dr appt today at the OB/GYN and was given the go ahead to get pregnant whenever I'm ready! So that was exciting. I also joined Weight Watchers today too. The Doctor said she has no problem with me losing weight while pregnant as long as I'm eating healthy and not feeling hungry and checking in with her consistantly. So that was exciting too. Now I just have to see what my husband is feeling about the whole thing, and I have to decide the timing since my sister is more than likely getting married in December, and I don't know if I want to be hugely pregnant for the wedding.

I hope everyone is doing well, hugs to all!!
Old 06-02-2004, 09:58 PM   #64  

So sorry for the loss of friends & loved ones....& for the illnesses. You are all in my prayers. My 3 granddaughters...ages 12, 13, & 15 lost a girlfriend to Leukemia this week. Pray for them.

Old 06-03-2004, 08:48 AM   #65  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

Well, I went to Curves this morning and did the weigh and measure. I only increased a very small amount of weight and went up in 2 areas of my body which can be accounted for by TOM retention. I was quite pleased with the results. Today I start over and try to eat properly after work. I have breakfast and lunch conquered already and I don't snack in the evening.

Have a great day!
Old 06-03-2004, 09:10 AM   #66  

Wake Up Everyone!

SunnyD- Where are you??? How are you feeling???

Wilma- good for you...at least you go to curves...I'm wasting mine.

Angel-Lover- So sorry about your granddaughter's friend. How do they understand?

BA99TJ- Sounds like a full weekend you had and I'd still be recovering. WW...good for you.

I still get very tired once in awhile on the SB. I wonder if I getting enough carbs? I thought I was. I think I will cook up some healthy pasta tonight with my chicken and broccoli.

Have a great day all!
Old 06-03-2004, 09:49 AM   #67  
Losin It For GOOD!

Morning all!! It rained last night but for now it is sunny here. I love the sun. Of course we need the rain too, but its been raining SO much lately its starting to get a little depressing. At least the weekend was nice, so I suppose I can't complain if it rains while I am at work. The allergy shots totally knocked me out yesterday. They warned that they might make you tired, but its getting a little ridiculous.

Tonight I'm planning on going to Trader Joe's and stopping to see DH at work, we'll see how that goes. I hope you are all doing well.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:43 PM   #68  

Default Dieters devotions for June 3, 2004

June 3

Psalm 71:5
For thou art my hope, O Lord God: thou art my trust from my youth.

A friend of mine slipped into a well when he was a child, and all he remembers of the experience was praying to God and awaiting rescue. He recounts how he felt no fear because he knew God would get him out of his trouble. He placed his hope in the Lord, and he was not disappointed. Being overweight can sometimes feel like being in the bottom of a deep, dark well, with no way out. But we do have a way out. The Lord is a lifeline and a Savior indeed. If we will place our trust in Him, He will be faithful to lift us out of the dark places and set us fully in the light.
Today's thought: Lift me from my well of obesity!
Old 06-03-2004, 12:51 PM   #69  

Default Stressed, but here

Thought I should check in - it has been stressful here for a couple of weeks so have just been reading the posts and not responding.

Prayers are with all of you - so much sickness and even deaths have been posted - but God is good - he does get us through all of this.

My cancer check up has been post poned till end of June beginning of July. Waiting to hear when I will get in for eye surgery - hopefully by middle of July.

Weight wise not so good - as it is a new month I decided to start fresh. Am recording all I eat and am working on making some small changes for this month - making some good habits!!

We are finally going to get some help for our son. We have gotten through to the ministery and have seen the mental health counselor - she has worked with kids such as my son for over 20 years - she is very very concerned about the lack of attachment - she is going to be doing some assessments and then he will be referred to another specialiasts (doctor) for a final diagnose. With the info that she has been given she feels that he is more than likely borderline mentally challenged - and she is concerned about how all of this is affecting me - the prime caregiver usually gets the blunt of all the behaviors due to lack of bonding and attachment. She told me things about how these kids think and I can see so much of it in my son - and let me tell you it is very very difficult to try to nurture a child that does not respond at all. Anyway am thankful that we are finally after 13 years getting some help for him and for us.

Well, hubby has the van loaded with things to take to the dump and wants me to go with him - so off we go.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:03 PM   #70  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Red face

Good Morning CER's ~
(well, it WAS morning when I began writing this post )

I am back!!
I was really frightened that this time I was gonna have to go tot he hospital, guys. My IBS & Diverticulitis got really bad and I had been feeling great up till this past holiday weekend. I did a couple of things wrong and paid a very high price. First off, I was very involved in helping Joe with the gardening and we did allot of shopping in the garden ctrs. and allot of working in our gardens - like nonstop on Sat. Sun. & Mon. They are not huge gardens, but they are still allot of work - fun, but work - and so I became over exhausted & didn't stop to take care of my special needs (and drinking water!) Second (and the worse thing I could ever do) is I skipped meals on Sunday & on Monday --- I went 6-7 hours without eating (both days) and for me that is not good! I am suppose to eat every 3 no long then 4 hours (small meals). So... I goofed big time! And paid a very high price. I was beginning to feel ill on Sunday, but by Monday evening It all peaked. I looked like a hot air balloon I was so bloated and the pain --- is undescribable! I had fever for 2 days and really thought that I was heading for the hospital. I will be going for further testing soon, but I didn't want to go like that... I want to plan it with appointments, you know what I mean? And as of today... I am much, much better!! Thank you ALL so much for your thoughts and your prayers! My fever broke on Tuesday night, but I was still tender in my left side down to my lower ab. and on a liquid diet. Last night I ate normally again and everything is functioning normal again and I feel well. I feel myself coming back! And I truly feel that your prayers made all the difference! Well... ... second to my hubby's TLC !!!! He really takes good care of me when I get sick like that - God Bless him! Up till then we were really having a nice time! He was off from Thursday - Monday and we got everything done we planned to and then some. Joe did check the forum a couple times for me so he could tell me what you all were up to. He doesn't know how to use the computer well, but he did okay getting logged on. It helped that I made a shortcut of the subscribed page so all he had to do was click on CER's I want him to know how to get on - so if anything does land me in the hospital he can let you all know.

This weekend is going to be beautiful ~ sunshine all weekend and we'll take the time to enjoy it. We have nothing planned and just want to take it day by day and enjoy. My only plans are to go tomorrow and get my hair cut... my SIL does it. Poor Maria, I had to change the appointment two times because I wasn't well. I did get all caught up with my laundry yesterday - I needed to do something - it helped to move around, so I thought I would do that. I haven't exercised since last week!!! I am anxious to get back into the swing of things again. I may try to walk a mile or two today. I didn't make my 50 miles last month, but did get to 48 miles for May.

I too will *Pray* for all those mentioned in your posts! *Prayer* is so very underestimated in it's power!!

MARY ~
Thank you so much for your lovely and touching prayer... speaking of an Angel! You are! I read your prayer and just cried like a baby... you touched me so much reaching out as you did, not even knowing me all that well. You will never know how much I needed your kind words. I have good friends here but they all work and I don't, so when I became ill - not even my best friend could call me - and Joe had to work. So it was so nice to reach out to CER's and be reminded that I was never alone - God is with me
Thank you so much!

Good for you in resisting all the sweets at the picnic! So very hard to do, but oh so rewarding

MICHELE ~
Aren't you precious... ... ... I am so much better today. I just couldn't *sit* for long periods of time - I spent most of the time on my side in bed Even today with this post I kept taking BIG breaks... I should have asked Joe post for me

I am so very sorry I was not there for you when you were feeling so very low. I am glad to see you were in good hands with Mary and the others & are doing so much better now. I do hope you continue to have good spirits - I too hate to hear that you cry at night, but just remember that you are NOT really ever alone - God is with you too I too had to be reminded of that

So happy to hear that you had a nice BBQ with John and had time for chatting. From what you have shared - he sounds like he is being very careful because he still misses his wife and is not sure about dating again. I think it's great that you guys take time to get to know one another as friends first You sound really good these days... maybe you just needed a good cry

CHARLOTTE ~
So glad to hear that you did okay going on your own to the Dr's but maybe next time you can get a friend to go with you - I would be concerned if I were your hubby about you driving after you got your meds. Glad to hear that you dropped 3 of the 5 lbs! That's what I look forward to someday - keeping within a 5 lb. range and managing it. Hoping that by the end of the year I will do it (if not sooner).

Thanx so much for sharing the Memorial Day post -
"WHAT IS A VETERAN?" I really liked it.

SAMI ~
Thank you so much for your PM and your kindness!! I decided to let everyone in (above) on what happened - bloat and all I cannot think of anything more painful then when you have overactive bowels and cannot eliminate the air produced from it - such awful pain! I looked like I was 5 months along! But it is all pretty much gone now - thank the Lord. I just have to be more careful!!

The play sounded so enjoyable!! I use to go to my nieces and nephews plays all the time!
Congrats to you and your children on the ribbons & for DD making the grade!!

SHERRY ~
Good to hear that you had a good weekend even though you had to work a bit. No rest for the weary, huh.

Thank you so much for taking the time to pray for me too It meant more then you'll ever know! I felt so much better after reading yours and the other posts last night. I had allot of reading to do! Looks like everyone caught up over the holiday, huh.

GARY ~
Did you get everything all done that was on your plate for the weekend? The cousin's home? Love the pictures of you, Angie & Ron - love them! And laughed out loud when you told the story of clothes shopping for Ron and how long they will last That's what I miss when you don't stop in! Your sense of humor... I was so happy to see you posting again. I know what you mean about posting with having to work & care for pets, but it's great to see you. I don't have a job outside of the home, but do allot for Joe that is unseen by most! He sings for Weddings & Funerals and I set up everything for him - get all his appointments set for him to meet with the people and then type up all he needs for the service - not to mention the music lists I do up for each Sunday @ church. All things he cannot do because he works. And I too have 3 kids to care for ~ they are allot of work aren't they? But ohhhhhh so much JOY!!!! And I have a home to keep up - and still try to get in my exercise time. So I know what you mean about time... that's why I try to go on very early or grab a moment in the afternoon to catch up. But posting gets away from me too but I like being busy.

Enjoyed your post to WILMA - hearing about how you being there has helped others --- that's what Joe & I get too being involved with youth ministry at church for 20 years. So many now have grown and have their own children and look to Joe & I for guidance in their marriages... it's so cool when you are able to see results of your time given... not many do. A gift from God!

Hey Gary, you sent great pics of your truck... BUT I hope I don't sound dumb ~ is it a Ford (most trucks are)? 2004 or 2005?
Niiiiiiiiice!!! Looks sharp in your driveway too - not to mention how it shines in the sunshine you have there!

JUDY ~
Hey there girl... long time no see! Good to see you stop in too.
We too had a great service on Memorial Day in the honor of our past and current military. I so wish we didn't have to lose so many, but what has to be will be. Thanks so much for sharing your story on that couple - God gets us through so much, doesn't he. How do people live today without HIM?!!

I am so glad you enjoy the pics too - I have more I will post another time.

WILMA ~
How did your weekend go???? Sounds like you had allot going on! Wow! I cannot remember the last time my family all got together... that would be so awesome! Hope it all went well and you had a wonderful time!

I think it is great that you stop in - it does help to be accountable. I know it keeps me "on track" I cannot wait to get this 40 lbs off me, but must be consistent and patient with myself.

BETH ANNE ~
I enjoyed going to your site and checking out your pictures... looks like you have a great band. Soon I will check out one of your songs.

I am so happy for you that you got a good word from your OB/GYN... I wish you and your hubby well

I know what you mean about "ALL THE RAIN" we have had... my folks live in Maine and I live in Ohio we all have had allot of rain too!!! Way more then in years past. That's why the sunshine we are having today (and will have through the weekend ) is like an expensive meal - you savor it Hope your weekend is good!

SPROUT ~
Sounds like you are trying very hard to stay on track with your program - I wish you well!!! I know how hard it is!!!

*Prayers* for you and your DS... I bet it is hard to seek help, but sometimes we are not able to handle things on our own. I pray you are able to find a good Christian Counselor that can relate and truly help your son.
Keep us posted - will you

Okay... Where's our SUE at????
Camping? Or is she gone on her trip?
I have a brain-fart when it comes to remembering when she was going on that trip.

And then there's AGGIE * VALERIE * CEEJAY & DEENIE... I sure do hope that you all will be coming back!
It was so nice to have some new posts

Okay... time for me to get off and finish up my laundry --- almost done.
By-the-way, Joe & I saw great movie last night ~ "MASTER and COMMANDER" with Russell Crowe -
awesome film!! We both highly recommend it!!

Have a wonderful evening everyone...
Luvs,
SunnyD <><

Old 06-03-2004, 03:01 PM   #71  

It's great to hear from you again SunnyD...ouch to the pain of the bloat. I'm sorry you had to endure that.

Michelle- I'm sorry, I did not know the bbq was with your husband. I went through the separation thing last summer and "thought" I was doing the right thing when we got back together because it seems to get worse the day I moved back. It took time and effort, especially with me shutting my trap and watching my responses to some things he'd say. Yep, we are still together and much happier. Gary got involved in more church things and doing repairs, tree cutting, carpentry for the church and I believe he's been touched by God. Whew! I will pray for you...I know the feeling.

I "should" get back to work...just thought I'd take a little break today. My back hurts from my short walk last night. Wow...outta shape. Later...

mary
Old 06-03-2004, 03:12 PM   #72  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Mkay~not sure what i said, but I am not married anymore. My BBQ was not with my husband, John is a friend that I met at Church through Alpha.
Old 06-03-2004, 09:58 PM   #73  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I'M here--alot going on with funeral etc. Prayers for all--will post soon.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:04 PM   #74  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

GARY ~
I am so sorry about the Weakly Family...
I somehow did not see the post about the accident till I got
your post tonight and went back.
I am so very sorry for their loss and yours

SunnyD <><
Old 06-03-2004, 11:25 PM   #75  

EVERYONE

SunnyD..

Sorry you've been so sick. I've been praying for you. Please take care of yourself. You are really missed when you're not posting...as well as all others, here.

Gary..

Still praying for you & family. Sorry you're having to go through this time of sorrow.

Well...I became a Senior Citizen today (55)....guess I'm a little depressed. Something sure does seem to be weighing me down. Of course, I AM going through a few things, lately. Oh well....

Hello to everyone....I'll post more soon. Prayers for all.

Closed Thread