Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 10:52 PM   #121  

Default Hi Ya!

Sherry-What a great prayer! Thanks ! You are right we should open each day with the Lord.
M-Kay- pray your throat feels better and that your able to find the perfect dress
Mitchy- Hope the chiro is able fix ya up, when your not feeling up to par its hard to have a good day.
Sunny- Thanks! I am ready, not packed but planned.
E.Z.- Reagan was a great man, I would have liked to see him, pay respects, that is something your son will never forget
Wilma- Keep the faith you'll get there.
I am doing great tired worked 6a-9:30pm getting ready for bed, have a good one see ya!
Old 06-09-2004, 07:52 AM   #122  
McKenna59

Smile

Good morning all! I'm so glad I found this site... this was just what I needed this a.m.! I spent the night sleeping (?) on the couch because my husband has a terrible cold and is snoring the house down! The poor guy has been sick for over a week, but finally went to the Dr. and is now on an antibiotic. Ears, sinuses, and lungs all pretty junky. If you would include him in your prayers I'd be most grateful ! His name is Jim.
I bought Dr. Phil's book after reading good things about it in the book club forum. I think he wrote this book about me! I feel much more encouraged about being able to reach my goal. I've prayed about alot of stuff, but I never thought I'd be praying about losing weight. I always figured the Lord had more important prayers to listen to and answer, but now I'm reminding myself that my weight and my health ARE important to pray about. Reading The Purpose Driven Life has made such a difference in how I see myself and how God sees me . I also realize that I can't do this without Him. I've been under the misconception that this was something I had to do by myself. Wow, where have I been?!
Well, time to go make it a great day. We're supposed to be in the low 90's today which is high for Bangor, Maine in June! My little guy is thrilled to be wearing shorts and tank top to school! God bless you all today!
McKenna
Old 06-09-2004, 09:05 AM   #123  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Yeah!!

I weighed myself at Curves this a.m. and had lost 1 lb this week. It's confirmation that not having starches after 3:00 p.m. might be what I need to do to lose. Time will tell!

McKenna: I'll be praying for Jim and you. I find it so hard to function if I haven't had my sleep.

doitforme: What a long day for you! Hope you had a good rest.

Gary: How was your dinner last night? I'm amazed at how busy your life is. Makes mine look a little boring. I just went to Costco last night and stocked up on my favorite cereal and lettuce. WOW!

Michele: I sure hope your new chiro does the trick for you. I don't suffer from back pain but can imagine how uncomfortable it can be.

Sunny: That is so sad. At least you have some wonderful memories to help you in your loss.

Mary: How's the throat?

well, better get going to work. Have a good one!!
Old 06-09-2004, 09:33 AM   #124  

Hi everyone. Strange thing...I posted last night...but, not here this morning! All is quiet around here for the the last few day with the exception of construction. Getting trusses put on the house for the new roof. Making the house look sooo much bigger. I told DH that if we don't get it all done, we'd have the biggest, unfinished, house in the area!

Problems with DS & ex are really heating up. Her & all the family will call every day & talk each one, for quite awhile to the girls...we don't interfere. But, like this week, when they have them, we either can't find them, or the 5 yr old will call & be interrupted until she hangs up after about a minute. Monday night someone was tickling her, so she couldn't talk! My son is getting really upset...this scares me. I told him that's exactly what they want. I don't think I'm getting through to him, though.

Gary...those puppies are sooo cute! Ours is getting immune to the vinegar & water. The porch & yard is a mess this mornig. That dog just may be missing one day when DS comes home.

SunnyD...So sorry about your friend. I've song at several friend's funerals. It's very hard. So far, the Lord has really helped me through.

Mkay...thank you so much for visiting my website & the kind words in my guest book. You are a blessing. So glad you joined us, here. I enjoy reading your posts.

Doitforme...Thank you for the birthday wishes. I had a good one.

Wilma....Glad you're doing so well with your weightloss.

Michelle... Sorry you're hurting so bad. Maybe the chiropractor will help. DH goes quite often.

McKenna...I know what you mean. My DH is recovering from a terrible cold. He snores anyway...but, with a cold, it's much worse. I had no where else to go. So stayed up a lot on the computer.

Sherry....Beautiful prayer! Thanks.

Hello to anyone I may have missed. Love & prayers to all.

Old 06-09-2004, 10:04 AM   #125  
Southern Belle

Smile Wednesday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!

How is EVERYONE this morning??? I hope this finds everyone having a good morning. Here is a devotion that I found in one of my books that really spoke to me this morning. The book is Scriptural Prayers for the Praying Woman.

The Greater ONE in Me

I thank you, Lord, that greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. Lord, I thank you that you are greater than Satan and the forces of darkness. You are greater than sin, sickness, and disease. You are greater than lack, want, and need. You are greater than any circumstance I might face. You are greater than any obstacle that comes up before me. You are greater than any challenge that comes into my life. You are greater than any adversity that comes against me. Lord, You are greater than my own doubts, insecurities, or uncertainties. You are greater than anything this life can throw at me.

I am more than a conqueror through You. I can face the circumstances of life with boldness and confidence in You. You are greater, and You live in me. You put me over; You cause me to succeed; and with You, in Jesus' name, I cannot fail!!
Old 06-10-2004, 12:15 AM   #126  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Went for pizza tonight with the family--more say good-byes to my sister and bil and birthday for my neice--Angie had Bunko and couldn't go---also puppy school night...ditched it to say adios to my sis...didn't do homework with Reba and Rylee much this week anyway!! They are in the back yard now tearing it up as usual before night-night...they are learning that one..all I say is "are you ladies ready for night-night?" and off they run and get in their crates for their bedtime snack. So cute...now about those holes around Angie's rose bushes.....Gonna miss my sis..always been within 2 miles of where ever we lived.

Well off to bed...Prayers for all of you..will post soon to each.
Old 06-10-2004, 08:12 AM   #127  

Default Hi!

Whew ! Hot one yesterday, 93 degrees, and very humid, now cold front moved in and were at about 70. Weather so strange.
McKenna- Pray dh feels better soon, and that you get some rest. Remember Phillipians 4:13- My motto I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me,
Wilma - Congrats one pound but its in the right dirrection, you'll do better next time, and every pound down is one less to loose.
Angel- praying for ds and dil's and her family not fair what some people do to kids putting them in the middle. You must be exciting seeing work on the house.
Sherry- you are an inspiration, love the poems.
E.Z.- sounds like you had a good time with sis, I only live an hour from my family but miss them when I can't get home during the week.
Hi to everyone else, camping for weekend, hopefully nice weather, lately seems to rain every weekend. God Bless! Sue
Old 06-10-2004, 08:23 AM   #128  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation Stop!!

STOP!!
DO NOT POST HERE...
HERE IS A LINK TO THE NEW THREAD:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...338#post601338

SEE YOU ALL THERE

*~*~*~*~*~*~*