Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 04:35 PM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile *Christian Encouragers #185*

* WELCOME! *
You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support This is a great group who will be
very encouraging, caring and loving...
anyone is welcome to join!

*~*~*

A Servant's Prayer

Jesus, MY Jesus... How marvelous your ways...
Far more splendid than my mind can envision. What an
honor to be chosen by you. A lowly child I am, but empowered
by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have
called me. I give myself totally to you, Lord. Take my imperfect
heart and make it perfect. Peel away the hardness. Close the doors
I have opened to the temptations of this world. Gently remove the
roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears. Discard anything
that separates me from you. Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of
your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love...
To serve as you serve...
To heal as you heal...
To forgive as you forgive...
always mindful of my nothingness while doing
great and marvelous things in you name and for
you glory. This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name.
Amen

Old 05-25-2004, 04:46 PM   #2  

Wink Link to last Thread...

Hi Everyone!

I will be back tomorrow to post ~
we are in the midst of storms here...
AGAIN!

Later CER's...
Me <><

LINK to the last thread:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...772#post590772

Old 05-25-2004, 09:35 PM   #3  

Default Some quotes for today May 25, 2004

"Live in such a way, that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the
devil says, 'Oh, no, she's awake!'"

"When Satan is knocking at your door, simply
say,"Jesus, could you get that for me, please?!!"
Old 05-25-2004, 09:43 PM   #4  

Hello Everyone!

It's mkay (Mary) from Michigan. Joined last night. On the SB diet and lost 11 lbs. The transition from Phase 1 to 2 is slow losing. Oh well...I still like myself more than I did a month ago.
Old 05-25-2004, 10:38 PM   #5  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Mary from Michigan~Welcome and woo hoo to you on the 11 lbs! That's wonderful. Glad you are doing well with SB, i do well on low-carb (Atkins) but i have a hard time staying on it. I'm addicted to carbs. I'm glad it works for you.

Last edited by Mitchypoo; 05-26-2004 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:00 AM   #6  

Smile

Good Morning CER's

I am in the process of answering everyone's post...
gonna take time to catch up this morning so I'll be back

Oh MICHELE ~
You might want to go to your EDIT and take out your last graphic
It didn't take

{{{Hugs}}}
Me <><
Old 05-26-2004, 08:27 AM   #7  
Southern Belle

Talking Wednesday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!

Just sitting here with my coffee enjoying it and trying to wake up. Well, the sleep study is over, whew! All I know about that is that the tech (don't tell anyone)said that I didn't have much apnea, not enough for a CPAP, so that is good. He couldn't really tell me much. Due to being allergic to the glue they use to connect the electrodes to the head, they used another type and wrapped my head with gauze totally except my face. The tech kept calling me Mrs Bin Laden. I was a site!!! Then since I had a meeting at work later, and they have no showers in the sleep lab around. . . . . I washed my hair with hand soap in the sink to try to get some of that glue out. It was real fun, especially when I realized there were no real towels, had to use paper towels. Then moussed it heavily and went on my way. There are times that curly hair really is a blessing!

I have to have an ECHO done this morning out of town. Hopefully they will be able to tell me more. I really want some answers, good, bad, or ugly!

~Sunny~
Thanks for starting the new thread! Hope everything is going well with you and you are just too busy to post much. We miss you! Post when you can, sweet lady!

~Sami~
Sounds like you are really busy. Happy B'day to Jessi and most confirmation goes well. You are doing awesome, keep up the good work!

~Gary~
Congratulations to Rylee for graduating! Hope Ron does well on his test for confirmation, God 101 might be a little hard. finding you a truck!! Yeap, they sure don't give them away these days. Your taco casserole sounds great! Yum! Wow, those beautiful dogs cost you lots of bones!! Yes, the restaurant was 40 miles away, and that's where one of the Fashion Barns is but she won't be working over there much. But she's been babysitting quite a lot already.

~Michele~
Sorry to hear you left your camera in Iowa! Hopefully you will get it soon and it will be fine.

~Charlotte~
Happy Birthday to DH!! Sorry to hear about the cousin. {{{Hugs}}} I'm sure you are so glad to have DD and GD close this week. Enjoy the time you have. Good luck with your tx on Thursday!!!! Prayers going up for you!!! Post when you can. Take care.

~Marilyn~
Hope the visit with the Social worker went well. on your walking!! Wow, what a GREAT challenge!!! I wish I could find a DR that would help me and give me a boast! Prayers that God will guide you on this road and help you to be true to yourself. Keep up the good work!!!

~EVERYONE MIA~ Please post when you can!!!

Hope EVERYONE has a GOOD WEDNESDAY!!!!

[/COLOR]
Old 05-26-2004, 09:03 AM   #8  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning Friends!!

The sun is finally shining!! It's been raining here for the past couple of days. Everything is soggy and the grass desparately needs cutting.
We got our bedroom painted and we're really happy with it. The colour goes really well with the bedding. I know I worked hard because my arms were really sore the next day.

I'm slowly getting back on track with my WOE. It seems to be taking forever. At least I'm not gaining.

I have to leave for work soon so better get going. Talk again soon!
Old 05-26-2004, 09:53 AM   #9  

Smile

A very Good Morning!

I have been working in my flower pots in between the rain drops and because of that I got a migraine beyond description yesterday ... actually it began on Monday, but peaked yesterday. I think it was a mixture of the stooping and the heat - It has been a long time since I have had a headache like that... but today I am feeling world's better. I just cannot sit here toooo long - afraid that it may come back from eye strain.

I have been keeping up with my exercises - Walking everyday (hoping to make 50 miles for the month) & Curves (3x a week). I am hoping that as soon as the weather begins to stay clearer I will be able to get in more activities outdoors to burn calories

*~*~*

MARY ~
Diddo on the "WooHooo" so glad to hear that you have already lost 11 lbs!
Do come back... allot of people stop in, but don't stay ... come back and let us know how you are doing

SPROUT~
I will continue to *pray* for you & your DS... so sorry you are still having problems. How did things go yesterday with your appointment with the social worker?

Sounds like you are doing great with your exercise program! for you!!!!
Keep up the wonderful job! It is hard work, but oh... so... worth it!

GARY ~
Yeah Rylee!!!!!!! So happy to hear she got her diploma now... Reba has to get hers. Yep! They do cost, but are so well worth it You are just too funny Gary --- the man who didn't want dogs! Riiiiiiiiiiight! You did the same thing my hubby did - "No animals in the house" is what he said when we married... we have had hamsters, bunnies, a skunk, a rat, and 6 cats (mind you... not all at one time ) You just keep enjoying them... they bring so much laughter into your life

Thanks for filling me in on Angie... I know how painful and uncomfortable that can be. I have been there done that, but it was caused by my accident and did go away. But took a long time. Just let her know I asked about her & am praying for her recovery, okay

Hope that your niece had a nice birthday party... we too went to a birthday party on Sat. for our niece (Jadah) - she turned 2 I have a couple pics I will share after I get them off the camera... she is adorable!

How did Ron do with his test? Hope all went well...

I am gonna try your taco casserole... it sounds mighty tasty Why are you looking at a new truck? Old one no good or just wanted a new one? What are you looking at?? I love trucks and jeeps... as well as old convertibles (I hope to have one of those some day )

Yep... over 1,000 posts - I guess I am a chatter-box I would love to see a picture of your Arbor. I took some this morning of ours with the potted flowers I have been working on... we just have to wash & bleach our stairs they got some mildew on them from all the wet weather & it looks yucky. YES!!! We have been right in the middle of all the storms coming through OHIO. It's been a mess here. We are lucky to be in a higher elevation, so our yard has gotten flooded, but not our home. But many are not so lucky... no electricity, flooded homes... so sad!! And the boat Marina's!!! So many boats lost and damaged from the high winds... we didn't have tornado's but the winds were in excess of 65mph! Scary! Not to mention the lightning and thunder - my poor Zeppe runs for the bedroom under the bed every storm that comes through... he hates the thunder. It strikes very close at times. At one point I was sitting out on our porch and the hair on my arms began to stand; then right after a bolt of lightning struck right behind the trees to the side of our home - too close for my comfort

All is going well with Joe & I... in fact, he is taking off Thursday - Friday and Monday for a long weekend (note that I may not be on the computer much while he is off ). That will be so nice - we have allot of yard work to catch up on and will probably be doing that ~ not really making any set plans. We will be going to a funeral over the weekend another very Dear friend just passed away at only 64 years old - from brain cancer. He was such a kind man... married with one daughter in her late 20's.
So very young - sad

CHARLOTTE ~
Thank you so much for your kind words... I DO try to live life each day as it comes. I love my life with my hubby, our pets, family & friends and wouldn't trade a day... I just try to look for the good that happens each day and not to focus on the bad.

Belated Happy Birthday wishes for your DH! Did he have a nice party?? I am so sorry he lost his cousin on the day of his birthday - what a bummer. Is your DH okay? Sorry to hear that your DD is coming for a visit for sad reasons... but I bet you will enjoy seeing her and your grandbaby again Enjoy them! That's right! You have a 55th birthday coming up on June 3rd... don't you wonder where the time goes??? Some days just seem to pass way too quickly for me. You feel better real soon

SHERRY ~
Toooo funny!
While I was typing up my post to everyone you posted and used the same site I did, but different graphics on the same page
Great minds think alike

Wonderful to hear that you had such a great time over the weekend! You deserved a peaceful weekend! I remember having the best times on the lake with my family - boating, swimming and fishing. They still live on the lake, but we haven't visited there in two years. Since we brought home our two cats... I miss them ~ my family. We are hoping to go this year if I can find someone to come to my home and care for my boys

I remember those hot temps when I lived in 29Palms, Calif. (the desert). We would always going well into the 100's there... never bothered me though - I was like a lizard or snake and just soaked in the sun I miss it allot!

MICHELE ~
I too hope you get your camera back soon! I bet you just forgot it because you are still not use to having one Cannot wait to see some of the pics from your trip... glad to hear that you didn't go though some of that bad weather & had a nice time. It was nasty in many areas around you.
Happy you got home safely {{{Hugs}}}

WILMA ~
So glad to hear that you are getting back on track with WOE... it is not easy when you fall off, but you can do it!!!! I see you have lost 8.6 lbs! Great job!
Your bedroom sounds beautiful!!! Would so love to see a picture of all your hard work!

SAMI ~
So good to see you visiting and posting! I wanted to tell you something I heard the other day on a Health program... they were saying that people that have IBS get restless leg syndrome allot because they lose IRON from their bowels being overactive. Are you anemic??? You may need to take IRON. I take Iron everynight now - I tried to give blood twice and was too anemic (from my IBS) to give, but this last time I was totally normal and gave with no problems & have had better days with my IBS. I take Nature Made 65mg of Elemental Iron each night now... it helps with restless legs and in energy production and metabolism. Maybe ask your Dr. about taking it? It may help you too.

to Jessi!!! Hope she has a wonderful day today!

I will continue to lift you up in *prayer* that all gets worked out.
{{{Hugs, Sami}}}

Hello's to all the MIA's
Please come back soon and let us know how you are doing.

I hear thunder... so I am getting off the computer.
I don't like to be on when it's thundering out.

*Have a WONDERFUL Day Everyone!*

Old 05-26-2004, 09:59 AM   #10  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Well that isn't very nice, how that graphic wouldn't show up. I previewed and it was there. It was a Welcome Mat for Mary. Geez, can you believe it's already Wed? Were does the time go.

I realized on the way to work this a.m. that God is truly awesome. And I'm fortunate to have such a beautiful drive to work. Green, green grass, lush trees, flowers everywhere, and the most beautiful farms and fields. I'm very fortunate.

Hope you all have a good day!
Old 05-26-2004, 10:03 AM   #11  

Smile

You are so good to me,
I'm glad you are my friends
And I hope that we will be
Friends 'til the end.

You make me feel special
With all that you say & do,
You make me feel blessed
To be around you

You are there for me
Through the good and bad,
And you make me so happy
I could never be sad

I just want to *Thank you*
For all that you do,
And I promise everyday
I'll do the same for you

Have A Beautiful Day
Me <><
Old 05-26-2004, 10:34 AM   #12  

Smile Pics

Pictures I took this morning of our front yard with the Arbor in place...

Click on the TITLEs of pic to see the

I have more...
Me<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Our Home (1).JPG (47.7 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg Our Home (2).JPG (40.5 KB, 56 views)
Old 05-26-2004, 10:40 AM   #13  

Smile Pics

The turtle passing through our yard on Monday ~
cool looking, but one ugly turtle!

See my pots behind Joe?
One is an herb pot and I have
6 different herbs in it topped with lettuce...

Me <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Turtle (1).JPG (47.0 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg Turtle (2).JPG (49.9 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by SunnyD57; 05-26-2004 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:47 AM   #14  

Red face

I JUST took this pic...
I was just getting ready to leave and Zeppe just look so adorable.
He keeps me company while I am writing

Me <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Zeppe (1).JPG (43.9 KB, 61 views)
Old 05-26-2004, 11:13 AM   #15  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Aw Sunny! Zeppe is so adorable! And your house and the flowers and arbor, it looks sooooo nice. Looks like i'd like to have a glass of ice tea, sit in your yard and just enjoy the sights. Even the turtle is kind of cute, for a turtle! I'll have to tell you my turtle story sometime....
Closed Thread