Old 11-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #31  
Quit counting at 45!

I have been reading the posts this week and have been overwhelmed with the strength of character and faith I see here. Thank you for sharing so openly with us. Just reading what some of you are going through and seeing how you are handling it makes me want to be a better person. Thanks for that!

I am praying for the needs here. They are all so different but isn't it great that we have a God who understands and knows our needs?
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Made my appt to have my mammogram Monday morning. I was surprised to be able to get in so quickly and will be thrilled to get it over with. Didn't say glad to have it done, just glad to get it over with.

Laura - Sorry about losing your home and especially after putting so much work in it. I agree with Bargoo that God has something better for you.

Rosebud, Wilma, Ronni and everyone else - Praying for y'all.

Have a good weekend.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 289/250/190

Height: 5' 8"

Praying for everyone. It seems that this is going to be a hard winter with all of the issues everyone is facing.

I am upset today as well. Though it is petty reasons compared to some of the others posted here. I am not doing well on Weight Watchers at all. I am actually up 10lbs since I stopped Atkins. I am devistated. I have been staying with in my points ( points plus) then I realize that a lot of people are having trouble on Weight watchers with this new program. I am looking in to the older program to see how much different it is. I guess Points Plus allows you to have more points... I don't see how that is going to help. I guess I will go back to my salads, work out regularly and give the rest to God. Please pray for me I am feeling very discouraged and ready to give up.
psychnurse05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #34  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Psychnurse ~ yes, try the older version of WW; many people here prefer it, plus you can do a modified version later on, if that doesn't help. What I mean is limit the number of fruit and starch grains you have each day i.e. have .5 fruit serving two times a day like 1/2 cup strawberries (or any other berries) plus a small apple; or half banana or orange. Don't give up; some of that 10 lbs could be water-weight and you have caught it early so you have lots of time to turn things around.

WILMA ~ thanks for the prayers; yes, the needs seem varied but a trial is a trial is a trial. They can have similar effects on all of us mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Plus, we have a LORD who has experienced much suffering also, so He knows how to comfort us too.

We've had a pretty good weekend here; some rough moments but not too bad. Sometimes, DH doesn't realize I'm his wife and thinks I'm just some lady taking care of him. Oh well, at least that appeases his mind a bit. Since we haven't lived here long and I do look different from losing weight, that can be understood (I actually weigh less now than when I met him and I do look much different too).

He is sleeping right now, which is good becuz he hasn't been sleeping much at night at all lately but he has been much quieter so I can sleep which is nice. Yeah! Most days he thinks he is in the wrong home, but I am now just telling him that he just moved here (which is the truth -- just stretched out a bit ); so hopefully that will work for a while anyways. He was able to go out and ride his bike today as the snow melted on the roads.

We had some ***** fall the other night, but it has almost all melted now. The temps have come back up above 0C or 32 F as well. We had a pretty white dove come by here today; I said a thank you to GOD for that becuz that always reminds me of "The dove of Peace" and we have been praying for peace of mind for both us, so I thought that was interesting for sure.

Food has been very good this week. Today, I roasted a chicken with loads of veggies; and made a pumpkin custard for me (and DH has a pumpkin pie) at the same time (making double use of the oven).

Hope you all have a wonderful week coming up; ^prayers^ have been sent up for all of you ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:32 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

rosebud, your dinner sounds delicious.
Have you tried just humoring your dh ? When he thinks you are someone else just say something like "I am here to take care of you today." That is the truth, I know little about Alzheimers but from what I have heard it is useless to try and straighten out their thinking. My mother went through this with her older sister, she just talked to her as if she could comprehend no matter what or if there was a reply. I am praying that you will have physical strength but emotional strength as well. I know this is difficult for you but God can and will provide. Lean on the Everlasting Arms.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #36  
Rosebud

Quote:
Have you tried just humoring your dh ? When he thinks you are someone else just say something like "I am here to take care of you today."
YES, this is exactly what I am doing these days -- a lot; and it is working too. He is much calmer and seems to be more at peace too. When I worked in the nursing homes with Alzheimer's patients that is what I would do, just go along with what they say and not debate things. It does work well.

My devotion today talked about this -- "Courage is not about having more strength, but continuing on even when you have run out of strength." pp

Oh ya, I am leaning all right -- yes, on His everlasting arms for sure!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

I have been having trouble with Weight watchers also. Have a book of recipes of the old version and it is just like the first version of First Place. Gee both made a mistake when they changed , sometimes change is good and sometimes it is not good. The old version is like a diabetic diet. Right now I am desperately trying to not eat nothing with Cholesterol in it trying to get my Cholesterol down, for if I changed insurance they would not cover me for anything to do with my heart unless I pay them 500 and something dollars a month . Gee! My age the cholesterol and over weight. You have to have insurance and gee they charge a fortune to have a good insurance !

I been trying to restore my Grandmothers home then I plan to restore my family if possible. Going to try and get them all together for a reunion and Thanksgiving each year if possible. I may be crazy , but I have to try.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #38  
Rosebud

HEY BOOTSIE ~ hey there girl, nice to hear from you. Will send up some ^prayers^ for you for those concerns you have with your health, your family, and health insurance. Man, that is the price of a mortgage on a house here: seems like highway robbery to me. We are so blessed in this country of ours -- Canada. Your president is doing his best to help with this issue; he needs lots of support on this battle, for sure. May GOD help him & bless him.

Don't be a stranger now ...
Old 11-13-2012, 01:31 AM   #39  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

hey everyone, just stopping in briefly to say I'm still around. Just been busy. Working out a lotas usual. Among other things, so I just haven't been on as much. keep up the good work everyone!
Laura
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 185.4/183.6/169

Psychnurse I'm going to jump in here....check out this link and see if you might be a person who would benefit from the Metabolism Miracle diet. I'm just wondering. A person who is Metabolism B, doesn't respond to the lower calorie diets like a normal person will. See the check list here:http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb...ml#post4506006
scroll down to almost the bottom for a list of symptoms.

Don't give up! Before MM diet, I tried and could not even loose 1 pound, I was so frustrated with my efforts, I ate less, I exercised, and never would loose. Now I have lost 10 lbs and some inches since Aug 1st. It is the solution for me.

Check out the lists!
auntnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Nelly that is me....
Thank you for the prayers Rosebud ,until you said you was praying for me did not relize that I needed prayer. Thank you
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:10 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 289/250/190

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks Nelly! I will look into it. I am so tired of struggling. I did really well on Atkins but it is so family un-friendly. I won't want to give up because I know this is something I need to do.... I am still working on my goals. I think it will be for December since November is almost over oh well I'm still plugging away! I hope you all have a great day!
psychnurse05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #43  
Quit counting at 45!

This was weigh in day for me. I'm almost to my pre-Minneapolis weight. It took a bit longer to come off but its coming off. I have been exercising more also which helps a lot. I've been working on Christmas gifts each evening and that's keeping my hands out of the snacks. Yeah!

Psychnurse: I know how you feel. I thought I was doing everything right and the weight wasn't coming off. In spring I found a diet buddy and starting recording everything I eat on Myfitnesspal. This has been working for me. I didn't realize how much I was eating in a day and how much of the wrong foods. The program helps you make good choices. It might be worth a try!

Have a great day everyone!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

A quick flyby. Just so busy lately and more stress, but I've decided that is life. That's why we have to lean on Jesus so strongly. Today was late start at school and I take youngest DGD to school on those days. I was so exhausted last night I went to bed at 8:30 and didn't get up until 7:30 this morning. Watching the calories seems to be working, but I think rest would help more. Got to figure out how to get more. Read it is just getting back on Metformin so hopefully this feeling is temporary. I used to hate counting calories, but with them having to put everything on labels now, it really isn't so bad.

Bootsie So glad to hear from you, I've been wondering about you... actually missed you. I will be praying for you.

Y'all have a nice Wednesday.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 185.4/183.6/169

Well, do check it out.
I was so excited to just find something and someone who knew what I was going through trying to loose.

Loosing weight for me is hormonal(as stated in the Metabolism Miracle book), not totally based on calories, which is why the calorie limiting and exercise never worked. This was so exciting to understand and try since for me, it was the missing link...

gotta run. I am over on that thread I posted above at times with a couple other ladies who are on this diet. Come there and ask some questions.
auntnelly is offline   Reply With Quote