Old 11-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #46  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BOOTSIE ~ your quite welcome. We can pray about anything and everything; GOD cares about every aspect of our lives ...

WILMA ~ congrats on your successes there.

LAURA ~ still parying you all find a nice place to live very soon.

TRISH ~ glad you are getting more rest; hope the meds help.

NELLY ~ happy you found something that is working for you.

We had a nice day here today, with some even. The temps even stayed above 0c or 34 F for much of the day. Did more stuff around the house today. Food is great -- had tomato patties with veggies and colelsaw for dinner. I even pushed myself to go out for a walk after dinner and did the whole block despite a bit of a biting wind. I felt good when it was done though ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-14-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:49 PM   #47  
Rosebud

Just dropping by to say HI to everyone. We had a decent day; Dh had his moments on & off but we made it through all that. Had salad and home-baked pizza (thinner crust one) for dinner. I spent the day doing the floors and other lighter housechores. With all that, I got lots of walking in today and my feet were a bit sore but I'll rest them up well overnight.

We had glorious all day long here even though the temps were just a tad colder, so it was a lovely day (no snow). The stars were out full tonight and so close it seemed that you could almost touch them.

The sidewalks and roads are still clear so I was able to go out for a walk tonight. I got DH to bring our dear FIDO with us and he loved it. DH took him back and forth several times, and the two of them have been conked out for the night for some time now ...

They are saying that we will have good weather with lots of for the next week -- what a nice surprise this is turning out to be. I should get lots of walking in if it does. Hope all our friends here have a wonderful weekend ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-16-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #48  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for all the prayers, everyone! Mom's decided to get back on a wheat-free lifestyle. I'm going to share a book about the effects of wheat with her, so she can make a more informed decision about it, especially considering her mental health. We're planning Thanksgiving with her here and I'm making crust-free pumpkin pie using vanilla almond milk to avoid both the wheat and dairy. It's sounding very good right now

I've been reading all your posts and praying for you all--just haven't had the time to post myself lately. Going to have to work on that....

I have to get ready to go to town now, as I forgot a couple things yesterday.

You all take care and have a great day!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:09 AM   #49  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Morning! Happy Thanksgiving to our American friends. May you find plenty to be thankful for. I know I sure can!

I weighed in yesterday. No change but no gain! That's a good thing. I've been busy getting gifts ready for Christmas that I haven't had time to snack in the evenings.

Have a great day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:08 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY USA FRIEND!!!

EVERYBODY HAVE A BLESSED DAY!!!

Last edited by pattygirl63; 11-22-2012 at 11:10 AM.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #51  
Rosebud

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Have a wonderful day -- enjoying family & friends & good healthy foods that GOD has blessed us with ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-22-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #52  
Rosebud

Hi Everyone ~ hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving with family & friends yesterday. Back on track for today, I hope ...

We had a big ***** storm today; it started with freezing but switched to the white stuff before noon. We have a snowy, white Winter Wonderland out there and it is snowing again right now. DH got his exercise in today pushing it around for an hour or so. It's good for him though; and he says that he actually enjoys it ... that's good! Gives him something to do in the wintertime.

Food was good today and I just did my floors today, plus the daily stuff (well, that's good exercise anyways). Didn't want to venture out in that mess as slippery snow and ice aren't that safe for me to walk in, so I'll try to find something else to do indoors instead. I am pondering over what I can do inside this winter; looking for ideas.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-23-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:42 PM   #53  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Everyone! Hope that everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! We had a quiet one with just Mom over for dinner. So, I didn't mess up too badly and have actually lost 2 pounds since

DS2 is headed back to school for the last 3 weeks of this semester and seems to be doing fairly well grade-wise. His schedule got messed up for next semester, so he needs to get that worked out. Tuesday, he has to take the Praxxis test for entrance into the teacher program, so prayers would be appreciated, as he gets a little stressed during these type of tests.

I'm trying to get my motivation to put up our Christmas decos. Don't know why, but I'm just not feeling it, yet, this year. I've been kinda fatigued the last few weeks, though, so hoping the mood will strike this week

Well, everyone keep up the good work! You're all in my prayers every day. God bless and have a great evening!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #54  
Rosebud

HI RONNI ~ sending up prayers for your DS2 that his tests go well for him; and that you feel some more energy soon too.

I had a pretty good day today, but DH had a few issues of confusion today. After praying for him a lot, he finally seemed better by this evening. WE did a lot of snow shovelling yesterday. I thought I would be tired or sore but I did OK. Not winded at all, so maybe I am getting more fit after all. My lower back was sore by the end, but was OK last night and today -- PRZ GOD!!!

Just took it easy today -- did some laundry, baked some tea loaves, and made a nice roast chicken dinner. The temps are colder, but we didn't have much more ***** today; just cascading, pretty flakes of varying sizes, here and there.

Hope you all have a wonderful week coming up ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-25-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 289/250/190

Height: 5' 8"

Hello all!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am almost done with my Christmas shopping!!!

I am back after being very discouraged. Weight watchers did not work for me and caused me to gain 10lbs back. I am pretty upset. I thought I was doing well. So, as of today I am back up to 259 I decided to go back to my modified Atkins diet that I lost 25lbs on in 2 months... so hopefully it gets better from here.

I have been thinking of everyone and hoping you all have been doing better than I have! Any special plans for Christmas!!?? How is everyone's shopping going!?
psychnurse05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:13 PM   #56  

Hi Everyone,

Ronni - I pray all goes well for DS2 and is test and praying for you too.

Rosebud - I thought of you and our other Canadian friends when I saw how cold it was up there. Still praying for you and your DH.

psychnurse05 - WW didn't work for me either, but I know those it does. Proves we are all different and so are the ways we eat to lose weight.

Our T-Day was nice. Glad the week e - nd is over and everyone is back in school or work. DH is scheduled for a MRI in the morning and will get results Friday. Sure pray they will be able to find the problem and fix it. Sure would be nice for him to feel good for Christmas.

No shopping yet. Don't know how that is going to go just yet with us having to help buy groceries. I love Tony's kids but sure hope they get their own place soon. Right now I don't really care one way or another if they get it here in town or move back to southern FL. Things got a little better with them for a while, but now that we are getting closer to his DD graduating from LPN school, they are getting worse than they were before when they knew they needed us. I am constantly having to clean and pick up after everyone as no one seems to want to even clean up their own messes. Therapist came today and they left the baby's room a mess and nasty wet diapers in the trash can instead of cleaning it up. I had to make the oldest girl do it. I have to really pray these days to hold my tongue... it has gone on for so long I would really like to explode on them, but don't think that is the Christian way to handle it. The good thing that has come out of this is that I really appreciate MY kids better. I realize what a GREAT set of kids mine are. I would appreciate you praying with me that Tony's DD gets a good job and they are able to move soon. Also pray that God will help me to be patient and Christlike in the mean time. Thanks.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:58 PM   #57  
Rosebud

Psychnurse ~ I had the same problem with WW -- I lost at the beginning (2-3 months), then stalled out completely. I find for me a lower starch carb plan works better for me; I do eat some, but limit them, focusing more on whole grains too. I also limit my fruit. So my plan is a modified plan, I guess you would say. As the day goes on, I eat less grain/starch carbs.

We're having some friends over for Christmas again this year; not sure how many there will be yet, but I am planning to have oven-baked BBQ Ribs & Wings this year, for something different (guests said they love that idea already). Haven't got much Christmas shipping done yet (maybe one gift); haven't had much opportunity to yet -- maybe this week.

TRISH ~ I have always thought that there are two main types: carb burners and protein burners (my theory only). People like my DH can eat all the carbs of any kind that he wants and he still doesn't gain weight; while I must limit them or I gain weight. Plus, in order to lose weight, I must eat a modified Protein Plan. I just have to make sure to eat some grain carbs each day, or my blood sugar levels fall too low. As I get lower, I may be able to lessen them even more, but we'll see. Thanks for your prayers; DH/we really needs them. Prayers continue for your situation too ...

I know how you feel about being in a situation where your patience is being tested daily; DH Alzheimers is like that. One issue we had on the weekend was that he didn't want to shovel the snow off the porch/steps and laneway. He didn't use his snowblower becuz he can't remember how to use it. It was all more complicated than that, but I went out and did the steps myself -- then he felt guilty and came out to help me. I ended up doing about half the laneway as well. In our situation, the best way to keep peace, is not to debate or react to him on anything, so I don't. This is the way to show GOD's love and grace to him too.

The temps have dropped down to -10 C (22 F) [and lower], and as the week goes on, that is supposed to go down to -20 C (12 F?) ... Must dress much warmer when outside now. It takes a bit of getting used to at first, but after a while, it may be OK (I hope).

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-26-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #58  

Rosebud - I know your situation is much more trying than mine. I know how things are when DH is ill like now and nothing I say helps. I've kind of learned to keep quiet and just be there and love him. Sometimes it is hard because it feels like he doesn't care or love me, but I know that isn't true. He sees all that I'm going through and the sacrifices I made for this situation plus dealing with his problems during all this time. Watch for the "special" thing your DH does that you may almost have to look for because they seem so small. I love watching the Christmas movies and I know he doesn't care for them so much. This year he has been recording them and we watched them almost all day Saturday and Sunday and he is still recording plus he is playing some of the old Christmas videos etc. Funny thing is I wouldn't have noticed it if it hadn't been for the fact that I was getting ready to watch one Saturday while he was asleep and found it had been recorded. So those little things are "special" I love you messages we get from them. Thanks for me the prayers.

As for the situation with the kids, I may be giving in to the pressure too much. DD came home and last night she came in and asked me if I wanted her to make enough coffee for me to have some too (she never does that). I never drink coffee in the evening but I had a headache so accepted. She made me a cup and brought it to me. I've decided that #1 I'm sure she isn't happy with the fact that she can't buy the groceries she needs. #2. She is getting ready to graduate and is the speaker for the ceremony. #3. She needs a job and is already doing on-line classes for RN and add to that trying to be wife and mother. Her DH wants to move back to FL and I have no idea what she wants. I've decided to start being more encouraging to her which I've always tried to be and also I'm starting to encourage everyone for when they do move on how nice it will be that they will be free to do things their way again and so will we. I also want to tactfully talk about how I will be able to go back to my Wednesday morning Bible Study and meet friends for breakfast, lunch and stay up late with DH since I won't be babysitting because Jaxx will be ready to go to day care. Tony says if they decide to go back to FL, we are to encourage it and not try to stop them. Youngest DGD still tries to push to get her way, but I think she will soon learn that I'm not a pushover.

I am so thankful that you shared with Psychnurse about how you eat your grain carbs, but eat less of them later in the day. I actually believe I am going to have to do that myself. Glad to see someone else controlling blood sugar that way as I'm convinced that is how I am going to have to do it too.

Thanks for the prayers for us and prayers continue for you too.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 188/185/130

Height: 66"

Hi everyone,
Mind if I pull up a virtual chair and join you?

I am a 45yr. mother of two, currently stay at home, pretty isolated, have 65 pounds to lose.
eclecticgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:53 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

eclecticgirl, welcome and good luck. Looking rorward to getting acquainted with you.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote