Old 12-17-2010, 09:43 PM   #46  

Thanks for the warm welcome! I have been trying to get to the gym more, but I'm overcoming social phobia at the gym, too, and I'm in the midst of final exams, so I haven't gone the past few days, and definitely overeaten from severe stress. Gah. Hoping that I can get out and take some stress-relieving walks like you are all suggesting, and then get my butt to the gym to really sweat it out!!
starfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:26 PM   #47  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

STARFISH my wife is a school teacher but also teaches yoga at our church and at the yoga studio. She teaches it from a Christian perspective and gets a lot of thank-yous for helping people with their stress....maybe a yoga class is available on campus....you would probably have to "mediate" on your own on Christ but the class may be helpful.

Be good ~ Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:40 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

I received this , this morning, in email. Those of you that think you have no Christmas gifts for your loved ones this year for Christmas, please read this touching story, then look into your heart for I bet you have the best gift of all.

A man named Bob May, depressed and brokenhearted, stared out his drafty
apartment window into the chilling December night. His 4-year-old daughter
Barbara sat on his lap quietly sobbing.

Bobs wife, Evelyn, was dying of cancer.

Little Barbara couldn't understand why her mommy could never come home.
Barbara looked up into her dad's eyes and asked, "Why isn't Mommy just
like everybody else's Mommy?" Bob's jaw tightened and his eyes welled with
tears.

Her question brought waves of grief, but also of anger. It had been the
story of Bob's life. Life always had to be different for Bob.

Small when he was a kid, Bob was often bullied by other boys. He was too
little at the time to compete in sports. He was often called names he'd
rather not remember. From childhood, Bob was different and never seemed to
fit in. Bob did complete college, married his loving wife and was grateful
to get his job as a copywriter at Montgomery Ward during the Great
Depression. Then he was blessed with his little girl. But it was all
short-lived. Evelyn's bout with cancer stripped them of all their savings
and now Bob and his daughter were forced to live in a two-room apartment
in the Chicago slums. Evelyn died just days before Christmas in 1938.

Bob struggled to give hope to his child, for whom he couldn't even afford
to buy a Christmas gift. But if he couldn't buy a gift, he was determined
to make one - a storybook! Bob had created a character in his own mind and
told the animal's story to little Barbara to give her comfort and hope.
Again and again Bob told the story, embellishing it more with each
telling.

Who was the character? What was the story all about? The story Bob May
created was his own autobiography in fable form. The character he created
was a misfit outcast like he was. The name of the character? A little
reindeer named Rudolph, with a big shiny nose.

Bob finished the book just in time to give it to his little girl on
Christmas Day. But the story doesn't end there.

The general manager of Montgomery Ward caught wind of the little storybook
and offered Bob May a nominal fee to purchase the rights to print the
book. Wards went on to print "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and
distribute it to children visiting Santa Claus in their stores. By 1946
Wards had printed and distributed more than six million copies of Rudolph.
That same year, a major publisher wanted to purchase the rights from Wards
to print an updated version of the book.

In an unprecedented gesture of kindness, the CEO of Wards returned all
rights back to Bob May. The book became a best seller. Many toy and
marketing deals followed and Bob May, now remarried with a growing family,
became wealthy from the story he created to comfort his grieving daughter.
But the story doesn't end there either.

Bob's brother-in-law, Johnny Marks, made a song adaptation to Rudolph.
Though the song was turned down by such popular vocalists as Bing Crosby
and Dinah Shore, it was recorded by the singing cowboy, Gene Autry.
"Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" was released in 1949 and became a
phenomenal success, selling more records than any other Christmas song,
with the exception of "White Christmas."

The gift of love that Bob May created for his daughter so long ago kept on
returning back to bless him again and again. And Bob May learned the
lesson, just like his dear friend Rudolph, that being different isn't so
bad. In fact, being different can be a blessing.

(...And now you know the rest of the story!)

**MERRY CHRISTMAS 2010**

Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:54 AM   #49  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thank you BOOTSIE...that story is absolutely true!
Old 12-18-2010, 11:59 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Thank you, what a wonderful story !

Last edited by bargoo; 12-18-2010 at 01:49 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 10:26 PM   #51  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Great story -- thanks for sharing it with us all ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:04 PM   #52  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOOTSIE!
Old 12-20-2010, 07:17 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOOTSIE !!!!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:42 PM   #54  

Thank You! It has been a good one! Still not over, going out tonight to eat and I have already made my choice so I will not completely blow it. This morning my friend Lanelle brought me a pumpkin cheesecake and her two granddaughters brought me a salad mixer and a thermometor that lights up at night and a pair of gloves with half fingers. Worked at the store and Lanelle went home and made us some tamales for lunch. So no dishes to wash today! Talked to some friends and just had a great day! Lanelle is taking me to eat Mexican tomorrow for lunch. Going to save the cheese cake for Christmas night.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:43 PM   #55  

Bargo I just looked at your weight chart. WAHOOO! You have done great!
Old 12-21-2010, 12:02 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 223/236/160

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi everyone. I'm new to 3FC, but not new to the weight struggle. If you are moved to do so, I humbly ask you to pray for me - not that I lose weight, but that I see myself through God's eyes and love myself like I'm one of God's good works. My faithful hope is that valuing myself more will result in my making better choices, especially with regard to food. I pray that I constantly remember that the Holy Spirit lives within me, and daily bears fruits of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, patience and self-control. Thank you and best wishes for a blessed season!
My BEST Self is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:47 AM   #57  

Praying for you in the heart of Texas, My Best Self and please come back and join us and keep us updated.

Tonight was wonderful, had shrimp salad was great but the shrimp was 1/4 the size of normal, that is alright though ,loved the company. Just eating someone else's cooking was great! Still love the no dirty dishes can hardly wait till tomorrow, love going places with Lanelle she is so much fun! Never been to the mall in Bee Cave!

Lanelle's chickens are hatching again I gave her and she is so excited. She said one was cracked and one rolled over by its self today. She has David so excited he wants to start raising and sale chickens that are grown. I say oh no, more work?????? I do think chickens are beautiful though even when they are grown and make wonderful pets also. I gave one to a friends little boy , age 13 and he just loves that old hen. I have about 15 more old hens to give away so I can make room for the pullets.

Last edited by Bootsie; 12-21-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:14 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 205/197/150

My BEST Self, I am absolutely touched by your prayer... I follow that prayer in my heart for all of us, myself included.

Thank you, EVERYONE, for the amazing greetings. You sure know how to make a gal feel appreciated! :-) I've been crazy busy with the twins & life, and I've been neglectful of myself... I haven't been journaling or doing my weight loss devotions, let alone holding myself accountable with you gals by checking in online. I did meet with a support group at my church a couple of weeks ago... and it was emotional for me. God's been continually working in my life, and He's shed some light on a H-UGE problem for me. Ever since the 5th grade, I've struggled with my weight (took the grief over my parents' divorce out in eating)... and I can honestly say, I am addicted to sugar & carbs. This makes perfect sense to me, as a loaf of bread is not safe in the house. :-) My bingeing goes in waves... and at times, it's uncontrollable. I was led to attend this support group at church, and I now see exactly where my battle is. There is a history of alcoholism in my family, and I have a tendency to have sugar/refined carb cravings (completely hidden to my husband... miraculously, foods just happen to "disappear" in the pantry or fridge, and I claim to have thrown them out, as they've "gone bad").

So. I am a sugar addict. I need to remove ALL foods that trigger my uncontrollable bingeing from entering my mouth. This even goes as far as needing to use unsweetened almond milk in my morning's coffee. Thru Christ, I will conquer this addiction. I will live healthy & WHOLE for my husband, my now-1-year old twin boys, my friends and family, and most importantly, for Christ who saved me. I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me.

Thanks for "listening" to my thoughts. :-) I wish you all a very blessed Christmas week.... this is the most glorious time of the year. I promise to hold myself accountable more often and check in with you all on a more regular basis... it's "me" time. Sending you all massive hugs. :-)
JavaDesire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 10:24 AM   #59  

Praying for you Java, even if you mess up Java never give up, keep fighting. God gives us an armor to fight back and I know right now it is hard , going to that support group was a good step to taking control of your life. You are on the right path. The more support you get the stronger you will get. I think twins is so awesome, yet so tiring for you. Know that, I am praying for you in Texas girl, keep up the good work, for taking control is a job it's self, not easy ,though you can do it.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:16 PM   #60  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

Man is it ever raining here, and has been since the week-end. We expect more tonight and tomorrow then it should be nice for Christmas Eve and Day.

I spent the early part of the day at the grocery stores getting last minute items for our Christmas Eve dinner and gift exchange. There will be quite a few family and friends here after church as usual. We will be going to early service since Angie is playing bells for that one. Dinner will be a simple one of chili and sandwiches since Angie and I and some of the others will be at church from about 4:30 until 7:30 for various reasons. That way people that come can get started eating without us....no way my brother can wait until 7:30 to eat

Angie will be making chicken cacciatore and polenta on the day after Christmas when my kids and their spouses are here. They will be here Christmas Eve too but so will everybody else the day after allows the kids time to be with their other parent and family (although many of them too will be here Christmas Eve) then the day after we get together for "our" personal time with them.

Well I am crapping out on my eating.... the biggest problem is eating out the past few days. Angie and I went to our fav. Mexican joint on Friday night date night, then we stopped at El Pollo Loco after looking at Christmas lights on Saturday, Sunday after church my son and dil took us back to our Mexican joint for brunch then Sunday night was at the local pub for a birthday dinner for my step-daughter (fish and chips sooo good yet so many calories)....throw in a trip to the deli for lunch yesterday and.....

BOOTSIE I am so glad you had a happy birthday. WOW! What a great story on your "lost" goat. Have fun with those chickens

ROSEBUD I hope you are staying warm and have all you Christmas decorations up on your porch.

BARGOO On 3 years maintaining

BEST SELF Prayers for your concerns and welcome

JAVA Glad you came back This group will be with you for as long as you need/want them to be

RONNI Are those boys getting excited? I hope the weather is treating you ok.

Have a great finish to the "BIRTHDAY"