Old 12-10-2010, 09:25 PM   #31  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Ashley-prayers for your situation. Let us know how you're both doing

Gary-just to let you know, we're having rain and 32 right now, with snow and blizzard conditions expected by morning Enjoy your sunshine and warmth

We had to go to MN today to help DH's mom get a 'new' car. Her current car is an 89 Taurus that we had before getting our first van in 01. The car now has over 300,000 miles on it-engine's great, but some of the frame is rusting out (due, of course, to the MN winters and road salt). So, she was fortunate to find another used Taurus for really, really cheap and we went to check it out and 'loan' her some funds for the purchase, as she's on very limited income. And, of course, the rains started just as we were leaving to come home, so it was a long, worrisome trip, as areas of the highway had some ice starting to form already. Glad to be home and inside now to wait for the blizzard

Well, hope everyone has a good evening and God bless!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:02 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

My kinfolk on my Daddy's side live in Lafayette Indiana I bet they are getting snow too, Ronni. I really don't know how you survive all that snow and cold. If it ices up in Texas, schools close. business's close ect... we Texans just don't rightly know how to handle cold cold conditions and rightly don't want too. I do love the snow as long as it don't last over two days, this old lady has so much fun in it, love to catch my hubbie outside and we have us a real snow ball fight! Old lee my dog and I have fun in it too. Stay warm Ronni!
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:44 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

Thank you so much for your prayers! I know God is our provider and will provide what we need from day to day I just dont like that this happens right at Christmas. I am glad I have bought most of the kids and grandkids gifts. I just have my two grandaughters left that are 3 and 1. They wont remember anyways and I wanted to get them a Worship CD for kids. With a blended family there are 13 of us including our grown children their spouses and grandkids. Just a few years ago it was just me and my two kids. I love how God has grown our family.
IT is a new day today I see some people are shoveling snow, I love shoveling snow it is an amazing workout and it feels so good and refreshing to be out in the cold then I see some of us have 80f weather. We are -18c today not too bad but cold still.
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #34  

Isn't it amazing Ashley how God has blessed you with an amazing family? Gifts are not all that important Ashley it is what is in ones self. You seem to be an amazing Grandmother who loves her Grandchildren with every beat of your heart. Making Christmas a wonderful time would just be great having a Grandmother like you to spend time with. Yes presents is fun but what is in ones heart is so much precious. Taking them to the park,swinging them in swings, snowball fight, jacks, when is the last time you played Jacks Ashley? Don't worry to much about they get enough for Christmas , you are a Christmas present to them. Just make it a joyful time even if you have to play hide and seek with them! Or better homemade snow ice cream and a snow ball fight slide riding in the snow YEEHA! Just live life to the fullest and forget about money for that day just wrap that day around your loved ones.

We have picked names in the past but some do not want that. We are having Christmas again at our place and I will bake something , instead of buying expensive gifts for each for Christmas this year including the children who are here, no toys from me this year. Grandchildren are so special and yes I do want them to have the best but I think appreciation for life is one gift. You see we almost lost my grandson 2 years back in a wreak, he broke his jaw and both his arms, he for one has learned how to appreciate the little things in life like, hugs , time spent with loved ones, homemade gifts, special talks, getting to see ones he loves he has not seen in a while.

I just thank our dear Lord for all 5 grandchildren ,our daughter and her husband my husband. Kinfolks coming this year and I will be awfully sad to see them go ;no matter how tired I am for I don't know once they leave if I will ever see them again for that has been the case this year, twice.

We have been picking names, but this year I am baking couples a loaf of bread, and the children cookies. I am wrapping them up and I am putting them under the Christmas tree.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:10 PM   #35  
wishin' for sun!

Well, woke up today and the blizzard was over-yay! We're guessing we got about 10" of snow, but hard to tell because of the drifting-some piles are 2 or 3 feet deep, but in other places, you could see the sidewalk. Having grown up in southeastern IN, I'm sure I will never get used to this stuff. We always get so much at one time and then it won't leave for 5 or 6 months

So, no church today-everything was cancelled. DH and DS3 cleared the snow from the driveway and sidewalks, while I made duck soup. Now, to relax and watch Indiana Jones

Hope you're all keeping warm! Have a nice evening!
Old 12-13-2010, 11:06 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

thanks Bootsie and everyone for the great words of encouragement. I so know it is not about presents and God knows we are very blessed even when we live paycheck to paycheck or don't know where our next months rent is going to come but sometimes I am so human i just feel like venting :P God knows our needs and meets them so wonderufully. I had a wonderful weekend, just started taking the 1 year old grandaughter to church we have taken the 3 year old since she was 10 months. It was so fun, they are both very musical and love to dance to the music it is such a precious blessing to see. We are having our Christmas celebration with our grandson and his mom this Sat, i am so looking forward to it. My son and his wife are currently separated, which is more heartbreaking than anything as my daughter in law is like adaughter to me and they have been together since they were 17. this was the first Sunday I have not cryed my eyes out at church over this and it has been since July and they both even gave their hearts back to the Lord just before this.
The best thing in life is love and family and my son almost died when he was 13 so I know how precious it is, especially when you come to the point in the middle of the night when you live in the hospital with your child and you have to come to the relization he may not wake up in the morning and you may go home without your child.
No matter where we are at in our lives right now Christmas will still come, but it is wonderful because Jesus still came no matter our circumstances, no matter what is in the bank, no matter if our grandmother is dying and we are just waiting on getting the call, no matter what our spouses have done to us, no matter what we have chosen to do to ourselves. Jesus loves us, died for us and is there to help us thru every circumstance and situation. No matter we face this Christmas JESUS STILL LOVES US! yay
Today my challenge is to live for him, to not binge, to not get mad at my hubby cause he isnt doing what I think he should be doing but be thankful that he is doing what God wants him to do, and to have a good attitude even if I have to cook dinner tonight even though hubby has been home all day, I am thankful I have a hubby.
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:13 PM   #37  

Well got rid of two buck sheep and one Billy Goat today. I am relieved of that for I was always afraid to go thru an opening with those Buck sheep behind me for it was a game with them to jump over me if i did. The Billy goat pushed me around and I did not like his kids to short legged. We need something that has legs and I figured since his Mama was long legged and he is 1/2 boar they would be good kids, think they are angora mixed in there somewhere. Well best go and get those kids in a pen a wean them.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:35 PM   #38  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaDesire View Post
Hi, Everyone! I'm new to the site... and I'm glad to have found some brothers & sisters to chat with. I'm a work-at-home mom to twin boys (who will be 1 year old on 12/19). Life is crazy. But I keep reminding myself God doesn't give us more than we can handle. :-)

Looking forward to meeting all of you in the days & weeks ahead.
Hi Java and welcome!
I raised 5 kids (4 boys and finally a girl) on just that notion. Although, I had many conversations with God as to why He thought I was wonder woman
Bless you and your children
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:02 PM   #39  

My daughter has 5 children also, 3 boys and 2 girls. I wanted 12 children only had one, God knows what is best, though he has given me lots of 4 legged kids!

Looks like we are going to my brother in laws down the road for Christmas dinner and back up here for games and snacks . Ought to be a good day!

I sure am enjoying the outlook ministry free this month , those of you that have been curious and would like to find out out what Outlook Ministry, First Place for Health is all about . Here is the web site and it is free to post and meet some of the Leaders this month.

http://www.outlookministry.org/commu...ed9515d995c6ed
Old 12-15-2010, 08:58 AM   #40  

Hi friends! I recently joined, and I was just perusing through the forum site and found this one. I'd love to join your conversation and find some inspiration or thinspiration through God. I'm a college student, so trying to lose weight on campus in the midst of stressful exams, Christmas-time, and pressure to drink/eat out is really hard. I know that my weight gain has pushed me so far away from God because I have not been treating my body like the temple it is - working out regularly, only eating when I'm hungry, etc. And I really want to change. Looking for some faith-filled support to help me finally reach my weight goals and live the life I was meant to live!!
starfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:35 PM   #41  
wishin' for sun!

Welcome to our newbies! Glad to have you all here!

starfish-I remember how hard it was to watch what I ate while in college (that's been a loooooonnnng time ago, now) and now my oldest son is in college and having a hard time just finding things he likes to eat, so he's actually lost weight (but he's an athlete too, so that helped). Just try to make the healthiest choices you can and take time to relax, pray, and put the stress away

Not so much going on here. DS3 had youth group tonight, but it started snowing again before we got to town and by the time we came home (3 hours later) the roads were much worse, and they weren't that good on the way to town. I guess we're getting 3-6" more before morning Sometimes when the snow starts, it just won't stop again I did manage to get some more Christmas shopping done, though

Well, hope you all have a great day tomorrow! God bless!
Old 12-15-2010, 11:43 PM   #42  

Starfish, WELCOME! Ronni gave you some great advice.
I put up my sleigh Santa and 3 deer running over a hay bale. In the course, the ladder and I fell but I bounced , did not hurt nothing but my pride. It looks really great , could of used one more deer but looks good like it is. My 20 pound cat Rufuss watched me put it all up including the bounce. He tried to get into the sleigh! I will more than likely come home and find him asleep in Santa's lap.
Tommorrow I have to work at the store all day.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:34 AM   #43  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EVERYONE ~ you ladies are doing a wonderful job of keeping this thread going. We had nicer weather today; even some warm this AM, so we went shopping and got a nice gift in the mail to pay for our Christmas food, and a few small gifts for the stockings -- THANK THE LORD for all the many blessings He sent our way this year!!!

ASHLEY ~ I agree with BOOTSIE -- I remember many lean years when my DH & I made gifts, esp wooden toys and gave them as gifts to family. If you can bake at all, you can make candy or cookies too -- I don't know any young child who wouldn't love a great big cookie with smarties in a big smiley face on it. The smarties cost less than a dollar (a chocolate chip or peanut butter recipe will do for the dough). Try to find recipes for dinner that take about 30-45 minutes to make; and do some one pots on the weekend that you can freeze the leftovers for the next week. Sending up prayers for your situation ...

STAR ~ try to walk a lot and keep as active as possible; I know that helped me to keep my weight in check when I was in college (both times). I walked to school every day and only took the bus in bad weather; so that helped a lot too. I took gym the first time too; and we did things like racketball, bowling, and cross-country skiing during the winter.

RONNI ~ we had ***** storms and squalls here for the last week or so with a few breaks; it has finally stopped for now. The temps warmed up for us today (had gone down to -20's C a few days there ). Supposed to be nicer for the weekend with a bit more snow. We have snow up to our front windows: should take some pics of that to show you.

BOOTSIE ~ you are keeping busy as usual; hope you got a good price for those animals. Glad you didn't get hurt in the fall. Great idea to bake for the family; I did that in the past to and everyone loved it -- baking is simple but always very appreciated by all ...

GARY

Hope you all have a great week; bundle up and keep warm now ... Rosebud
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:13 AM   #44  

When I walked in the store yesterday, there set the biggest poinsettia I have ever seen in my life! It covered half my desk! One of our customers brought it by for me! I was just like WOW! Today is my friend Doris's birthday, made her some homemade bread she just loves it, so that should go good for her. Also found a recipe for her she seems to like on the internet. Well best go, gotta go to work today, hubbie is on his way to Burnet, using my pickup truck , hope he watches the wind for if it catches it ,blows it over in the other lane before you know what happens. I hate driving on windy days! I truly think that is what causes a-lot of wreaks. I will tell him before he leaves so he can be ready for it.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:55 PM   #45  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Taking a few minutes to catch up while I watch the San Diego Charger game. Hoping to get a glimpse of my daughter in law on the side lines She used to be a cheerleader but retired last year, they asked her back to be an advisor on the field....she is easy to spot now that she is 5 months pregnant

Angie is teaching yoga at church tonight. I have leftover turkey (from Thanksgiving), gravy, rice, corn and brussel sprouts ready to warm up when she gets close to being home.

I was off work today so I finished all the Christmas shopping. Mostly for the kids and neighbors in our neighborhood.

We had a great video in Sunday school from the Missouri Synod Men's Lutheran website...way-way cool! I learned so much about the history of Santa Claus

My step-daughter is bringing a friend home from her Americorps for their Christmas break, he is a vegan....not sure how that will work around our house

Be Good
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote