Old 12-04-2009, 08:01 PM   #31  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Thank you all for the prayers and encouragement. Sorry Rosebud the ole bug gotcha! Take good care of yourself...lots of fluids and rest! The rest of us keep washing our hands and keep our hands away from our faces!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:52 PM   #32  
Loosing Baby Fat

S/C/G: 203/179/155

Height: 5ft6in

Can I join in?

An Intro: I'm a SAH-HM of 5 ages 8, 7, 6, 3, and 1. I'm overweight thx to bearing those beautiful children. I'm a Christian. I'm married. Matt & I have been married for almost 10 years. I'd actually love to loose the 20 lbs I have left before our 10th anniversary (March 31st) but I don't know how realistic that is?

If you wanna know anymore fire away! I'll answer anything Well... almost anything.
Close2MyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:00 PM   #33  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

CATHY ~ I caught some little cold about a week ago; but I am feeling much better now thanks -- BUT our KAREN sure could use your prayers though, as she just caught some kind of bug, and aches all over.

I was just telling DH that I put my legs up this aft while working on my Christmas cards and ended up with a "Charlie Horse" in both my thigh and calf ... geepers, those sure hurt! I probably just kept my leg in one place too long; gotta watch that.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:11 PM   #34  
Rosebud

CLOSE2MYHRT~ I think we were typing at the same time; didn't see your post until I had put in mine. Wow, that's a lot of little kiddies you have there; I recall that my mom once had 6 kids all 7 and under (7, 6, 5, 3, 2, & baby) -- good thing she was young and strong at the time; I just couldn't imagine that ... nice to have you join us!

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-04-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:51 PM   #35  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Welcome CLOSE2MYHEART!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:24 PM   #36  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

Sorry Rosebud and Karen...my mind goes faster (or slower) than my fingers can type...Karen prayers to you and the ole flu bug. Take good care of yourself!!
Old 12-05-2009, 09:45 AM   #37  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Close2MyHeart View Post
Can I join in?
Close2MyHeart GREAT to have ya with us!
PrairieChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:16 PM   #38  
Be happy.

Nice to meet you Close2myHeart!
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:23 PM   #39  

hey everyone! I'm hoping I can join in here! My name is Leslie..I am 36... a single mom to a wonderful daughter who is 12 I have rheumatoid arthritis and while I was overweight before...the lack of inability to exercise as much plus having to take prednisone has made me balloon into marshmallow woman (yes I think that should be a superhero) hehehe! Through my faith and prayer I am hoping that I can get healthy to be able to be more active and do fun things with my daughter again.
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:40 PM   #40  
New ME in 2010!

Leslie! GREAT to have ya join us!

See ya Lighter!
Kim
PrairieChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 05:43 PM   #41  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

Welcome Leslie and close2myheart. I am new here too...a very welcoming and encouraging group of folks here (U 2 Gary ) Is it wrong that I laugh at my own jokes?
Old 12-05-2009, 06:43 PM   #42  
Be happy.

Hello Leslie, it's nice to meet you!

I've been dealing with corticosteroids & weight gain for the past 12 years, thus my quest to say good-bye to my version of "Marshmallow Woman" too. lol

You came to the right place, this is a really friendly and supportive group. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:47 PM   #43  
Rosebud

LESLIELOU ~ I have heard others say that prednisone causes them to balloon up or gain weight; there is a thread about this in the Dieting with Obstacles forum. I am surprised by how many people are on that medicine; but I am not that familiar with it -- I guess it is not commonly known up here in Canada. Maybe here it is called by another name like cortisone or something like that. Anyways, glad you joined us; there's lots of support here.

CATHY ~ don't worry about that; we all get mixed up a bit sometimes. It is never wrong to laugh at your own jokes: as a matter of fact, we all do it!

Well, we had another day with some glorious today; that was a real treat for us with these cold temps. DH and I spent the day working on our Creche. DH then drilled a hole on top of the creche for our Bethlehem star and it looks good right on the top at the front.

DH and his friend made me a crib for my baby Jesus this AM; then I found a blue blanket to wrap him in and we had an artificial grass wreath to wrap around the crib too. After some thinking, I decided to do my Joseph and Mary on thick cardboard pieces; first, I had to draw them on, which took all afternoon. After we took a break for dinner, I spent the evening coloring them in. I took some pictures that I will download and resize tomorrow so you all can see our creation. I think it turned out pretty well really.

My fingers (and my right arm) were getting numb at some points from all the drawing and coloring. I used a mixture of mediums: marker, pencil and wax crayons, and the best of all was some oil crayons. DH is just a tad bit concerned about it standing up to the elements; he is worried about the winds and snow; I am more concerned about them staying dry, but the stuff I used are all water repellent so hopefully that will help a bit and it is pretty cold out there too.

We'll have to put our thinking caps on and find some way to hold them in there; but that can wait til another day. We did enuff for one day as it is ...

Actually, I just finished and DH just finished putting some plastic glue in all the cracks so that no water or snow can get inside and ruin our display. So far we haven't had to buy a thing for it, but we do need a flood light so that it can be seen from a distance; and we will pick one up as they just happen to be on sale this week, so I hope they have some left for us.

Anyways, just wanted to pop in here tonight to say hi -- sure hope you are all having a wonderful weekend; and please do take good care of yourselves ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-06-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:16 AM   #44  
Be happy.

Rosebud, I'm looking forward to seeing your photos.

Have a great Sunday friends.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:20 AM   #45  

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Heidi...we marshmallow women can do this and maybe become stick women
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote