Old 12-11-2009, 10:24 AM   #76  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Hello all! I was without internet...so I have been amusing myself with another hobby (sewing). Did u miss me?

This week I completed a giant work related task...one that has been bugging me and I have been procrastinating over. Now that it is done I feel lost. Almost depressed like. I feel blah. Please say a prayer that I may find peace.
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:23 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Thank you all for your prayers . in the death of my ex husband. Even though we we were divorced I will not erase the good times and am concentrating on that.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:47 PM   #78  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

Taking a break in between chores....if I don't finish Angie will have my head Kitchen, baths and vacuuming are done...the laundry I am allowed to do is finished...now for the dusting...I hate dusting!

It rained here this morning but cleared out to be a fairly nice day, I just checked the gauge outside and it's 69 degrees. The mutts and I went out for 2.5 miles this morning...took it easy on them since they went with me for 4 miles the last 2 days and a couple with Angie yesterday before she left to teach yoga at church.

I have my i-pod shuffle loaded with all Christmas songs...around 300 songs I guess...loving listening to it on the walks and chores around the house

No plans for the week-end...I thought Angie's Christmas party was tonight but it's not until next Friday night....gives me a chance to knock down a few pounds ...but then I'm not good under pressure

BARGOO ~ I hope you and the boys are healing from the ex-husbands death. I hope it wasn't too difficult for you to go through. I know our relationships with are ex's are different. I was thinking about that today after I read your post this morning...how I would handle it....likely that will happen, her family lives into the 100's! Anyway, I think we treat each like brother and sister really...and to be honest that is how it has been for close to 20 years, not only from my point but my entire family....we still hug each other from time to time...of course never an "I love you "... I still hold the same "position" in her family as I did when we were married...people are blown away that 20 years later her family still comes to my house for Christmas Eve, etc. I hope the tests are good news

CATHY ~ Of course we missed you! Glad you are back in business Prayers you find peace in what you are seeking it for

RONNI ~ Love the story on the wise men...so true! I thought the set I ordered...comes in pieces..was supposed to be filled by Christmas...the major part of it..which would be 1 more wise man. Talking to the customer service gal yesterday I found out all in all there will be close to 50 pieces...not gonna buy all those...at $28.00 a piece! One more wise man and I am set I hope it warms up for you! Praying for good results on your tests too

DAISY ~ Your welcome yep that is a little people Nativity, we have about 6 scattered around the living room for decorations...I just love the Nativity! Come on back and visit.

KIM ~ I hope you are getting over that bronchitis...that can be nasty stuff I know!

ROSEBUD ~ Are all your decorations up? I loved the pictures..sure looks like winter there! How's Grace doing?

Well gotta check out for a bit...hello everyone...KAREN ~ WILMA ~ IRIS ~ HEIDI ~ SCOOTER...where are you? Hope all is well All you MIA's...prayers for health and peace

Last edited by EZMONEY; 12-11-2009 at 04:49 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:27 PM   #79  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI FOLKS ~ I couldn't get in here at all yesterday; the log-in feature was acting up.

BARGOO ~ that's why I continued to pray for you and your sons; I know that just becuz you were divorced that doesn't mean you couldn't care about him as a person. People break up for different reasons; and sometimes, you aren't the one that wanted the divorce; and sometimes, you care but other things caused the divorce ... so it's perfectly normal to grieve his loss. Focusing on all the good memories helps the healing/grieving process too.

RONNI ~ Like I said before, I just luv, luv, luv that saying in your signature; it makes me laugh everytime I see it! And, I can't believe how cold it is down in your parts; your temps are as cold as ours ... but last night it did go down to -18 C or worse? I was just so chilled; couldn't get warm, so I finally gave in and put the furnace up a notch. When I finally went to bed it was only 60 F in our bedroom, so I put on our little heater at the same time to bring it up to 65 F ... brrr ... Tonight, I think I'll put a third comforter on the bed!

GARY ~ ya, we have all our decos up now; inside and out. We do have an Angel in the corner that I am debating whether to put beside the nativity or leave inside; it is so cold this year, and yes, we had a 2-day storm that dropped about a foot of ***** on us but I'm glad we have it for Christmas. GRACE is resting comfortably at home, thanks; she needs lots of peace and quiet and rest after these procedures. My DAD takes very good care of her but we send up lots of prayers for him too, as I know it upsets him when she is sick ... I'm glad that they will be staying at NUMPSTER's new place for the winters in the future; there they won't ever be alone (and we can keep a closer eye on them too). BTW, the move is set for the end of January, much earlier than they thought it would be, but they are very excited ...

HI CATHY ~ yes, we are glad you are back; prayers for peace going up for you too ...

Speaking of that, we haven't heard from LAURIE in quite a while; I hope everything is OK with her down there in Michigan ... HI Laurie ...

Brrr ... I can feel those temps dropping again; time to go start dinner. Hope everyone here has a FANTASTIC FRIDAY night -- and do take good care of you and yours too ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-11-2009 at 05:33 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:28 PM   #80  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
HI KIM ~ yes, the way we live and eat has changed over the years, hasn't it? I don't recall very many overweight children when I was in public school either and I am only 51 y/y. Hopefully, with a new awareness and GOD's help, we can do something about that ...
Thanks! I wasn't able to log in until now - I guess 3FC's had some site issues GLAD it is up and running again!

My energy kicked into gear today - it will about this time on the program I'm on - almost done with week one!
Couldn't get to sleep until midnight - then UP I was at 2:30 this morning - I had some AWESOME time with God till around 5 am - but I'm getting a little sleep now...

So - just pop'n in and catching up with you all!
Have a great evening -

Catch ya tomorrow! ~ Kim
PrairieChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 03:51 AM   #81  
Just keeping on truckin'

S/C/G: 265/240/114

Height: 5'2

Hi guys! I have been off-track since I had swine flu 2 weeks ago.

I am struggling really hard. I feel so far from God, I feel so far from myself, from everything and everyone.

It is the end of the term and I am finding it so hard to care about anything. I can't get out of bed. I couldn't even make it to either my doctor's appointment or my appointment to see my pastor this week. I had a big paper (already 2 weeks late) I promised to get into my prof on Wednesday, and I haven't even started it yet. All I want to do is lie in bed with my dogs and pretend the world doesn't exist.

I am still going through a spiritually "dry" period, and that might have something to do with my schoolwork too (I am a Theology student). I am ashamed to admit that I haven't prayed in over 2 weeks when it's something I try to do every morning and before bed. I'm afraid to reach out to God, I feel tired and empty.

I have been emailing with my pastor, and of course she tells me to pray anyway because it's the times when we feel the most distanced from God that we need him the most. But... I just haven't. I'm not sure why. Self-sabotage?

I am dealing with a lot of feelings from childhood abuse, as well as a change in medication. I am worried maybe it is something physical making me so tired and uncaring, but the blood tests always come back fine. It's not normal to be this tired and uncaring at 27. At this point, I don't know what my status at school is. i have had to drop a couple of classes, and I haven't gotten the forms in. God willing, it's not too late. I go to an extremely competitive school and if I have a bunch of failures on my transcript, I will not be able to continue.

I haven't been out of my pyjamas or out of the house in over 5 days. It's been too snowy to walk the dogs so I don't even have that to motivate me.

I am seeing my pastor on Monday and I will try to get to church on Sunday. I am just feeling so despairing and helpless.

I need God so very badly right now. I need to feel whole and connected and loved and worthwhile.

I confessed to my pastor a few weeks ago that I am not sure I want to be alive. That I think about suicide all the time, that I just want to go and be with God because it hurts too much here. I don't know how to make myself decide once and for all to commit myself to life. She said that all I can do is pray that God takes away those dark thoughts.

I have a healthy side, the side that is called to ministry, the side that finishes at the top of my class, the kind girl, the smart girl. But mostly she is hiding behind the scared little girl.

Sorry, this is long and rambly.

I could just use some extra prayers?

Blessings.
PinkFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 09:54 AM   #82  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

Extra prayers are on your way! Keep praying. I am new here and I look forward to meeting the gal that you talked about:

I have a healthy side, the side that is called to ministry, the side that finishes at the top of my class, the kind girl, the smart girl. But mostly she is hiding behind the scared little girl.

Take good care of you. You are special...just because!
Old 12-12-2009, 11:42 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

A prayer doesn't have to be long and eloquent. A simple, "God , I need help." is sufficient.
God always hears and answers. God bless you.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:00 PM   #84  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Sending prayers for your health and well being PINKFLAMINGO....
Old 12-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #85  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Dearest PINK ~ am sending up prayers for you right now; and BARGOO is so right ... just a "I need help, LORD" or "JESUS, please help me" ... is all you have to say and it will be heard.

Keep in mind that these flu viruses can affect how you think and feel; so once you are starting to get better from that, your thoughts can improve too. BY all means, get the help you need from your pastor. Dressing up warmly and going out even for a few minutes with your furry babies can help you feel refreshed. Try to go to the doctors as they can't help you if you don't go; maybe you need a different medication.

Will pray that GOD's angels will surround you and protect you; please do come back and let us encourage you. If you need to talk, you can always PM us too. Remember that life is a gift that GOD gave you; and He loves you and wants you to feel better and be well in this life. Do you have any family that could talk to your school for you and/or come and help you?

Don't be afraid to reach out for help from GOD, from doctors, from the church, from counsellors, from family, from us, and from friends ... there are many people out there that would be glad to help you in some way, but they have to know you need them ... please do take care of yourself!
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 06:39 PM   #86  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all!
I'm back
I was out of town for work for a while.

I've read everyone's posts. Prayers ascending!
Special prayers for bargoo and family and for PinkFlamingo. Extra too!

I will check back in when I can. The next couple weeks are going to be just as busy as the last two were. This time of year is so crazy with both work (for both DH and me) and church responsibilities. Every night is booked solid. I'm glad I'm still walking to work, otherwise exercise would be really hard to work into my day.

Happy 3rd Sunday of Advent (Joy) to all of you! I wish you a JOYOUS and grace-filled day!

Laurie
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:14 PM   #87  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

Well I hope you don't mind...but I wanted 2 share this with you all!

Dear Lord,
I know you're watching over me
And I'm feeling truly blessed
For no matter what I pray for
You always know what's best!
I have this circle of blog friends,
Who mean the world to me;
Some days I "send" and "send,"
At other times, I let them be.

I am so blessed to have these friends,
With whom I've grown so close;
So this little poem I dedicate to them,
Because to me they are the "Most"!

When I see each name download,
And view the message they've sent;
I know they've thought of me that day,
And "well wishes" were their intent.

So to you, my friends,

I would like to say,
Thank you for being a part;
Of all my daily contacts,

This comes right from my heart .
God bless you is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,

Until we write again.
Old 12-12-2009, 09:48 PM   #88  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up Hi everyone!

Hi Everyone!

PinkFlamingo - I'm there for ya girl. Unfortunately many Christians have suicidal thoughts (look at Paul). I will be pray'n for ya on Monday when you go to see your Pastor - I HIGHLY encourage you to GO to Church tomorrow - it will help! Prayers are com'n your way now. AND....READ your signature here
"Because I'm worth it"

CountingDown - GREAT to see you BACK and wonderful to meet ya!

cathydoe
- Thank you so much for that wonderful poem! Awwwww...

Have a wonderful worshipful Sunday tomorrow -
I'll check in then!
~ Kim
Old 12-13-2009, 02:10 PM   #89  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS ~

Waiting here for Angie to get home from a yoga class. Right now the sun is out so we may be able to get these dogs out for a walk. I took off with them yesterday, in between rain showers, thought we could get in 3 miles... we got about 1/4 of a mile before we got drenched! Wet dog smell in the house all day We are used to stinky dogs though

Church was nice today, my son and ex-wife sat with us. His wife had a Charger Girl promotional thing to go to since the team is in Dallas today.

The children's honor choir and the adult choir sang...awesome! Angie's bell choir played last week and then will play again at early service on Christmas Eve. Our Vicar was gone today so we didn't stick around for Sunday School...we usually take in his class...gave Angie a chance to run off to a yoga class she enjoys. She did one yesterday on "hips"...thinks she can use it to help some of those in her class at church.

SCOOTER ~ Good to see you back...don't scare us like that!

CATHY ~Outstanding poem! It is great to have you here with us

PINK ~ continued prayers and

BARGOO ~ KIM ~ ROSEBUD ~ EVERYONE ~Hello!
Old 12-13-2009, 02:30 PM   #90  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

EZMONEY - what a wonderful time to be in Church with your family - it really IS special - I know the feeling - warm and fuzzy!

Have a GREAT day! ~ Kim

Got to go see how the Broncos are fairing with the Colts!