Old 12-08-2009, 09:01 AM   #61  
Quit counting at 45!

Gary: If it's raining there all week you don't need the sun so you won't miss it a bit. Think of all the good you'll be doing by sending the warmth up here and to those it covers as it heads this way.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:43 AM   #62  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi58 View Post
Kim, I'm sorry to read about your neck. I'll be praying for full healing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma12 View Post
Kim: Prayers for your neck pain. That can't be fun.
Thank you ALL so much for the prayers for my neck!
It is doing FANTASTIC now - just in time for all the coughing I'm do'n with the BRONCHITIS I have just come down with! (yes, that is what Bronchitis looks like)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriswhispers View Post
Thanks for the prayers - my voice came through enough to give the presentation this afternoon albeit at slightly lower than my normal volume.

I am off to get some much-needed rest, but you all remain in my prayers.
You DID it! WTG!

SO! Trying to figure out how I can GET to Wally World (WalMart) in -1°F, while it is snowing, 74% humidity and wind of 8 mph.

I will have DH take me this time - I KNOW I'm gon'a need the support after do'n this trip!

Have a GREAT day EVERYONE!

See ya Lighter!

Kim

PrairieChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:40 PM   #63  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Hello everyone! We have some snow and the ground is white. Very pretty! The weather people are telling us all kinds of things It has been crazy... around 3 this afternoon it was raining!

A very joyous day for me as I completed some tasks that I have needed to get done! YaHoo!!!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:05 PM   #64  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

WILMA ~ I like your logic ... and I was just thinkin' that Californie gets way too much sun anyways -- so it's time to spread it around ...

IRIS ~ I'm glad to hear that you made it thru your presentation; now you can wrap up warm, crawl into bed, and sip hot lemon toddies (non-alcoholic, of course).

KIM ~ glad the neck pain is gone; now we move onto the bronchitus ... well, at least you can still do some shopping ...

We had a great day shopping ourselves; picked up a few more gifts -- we decided to downsize this year: we're focusing on small, yet tasteful gifts. Now, we can get our cards and gifts into the mail this week. Just before Christmas, we will pick up the food items and we'll be all set, I hope.

PRAYER REQUEST ~ I put in a request for my step-mother, GRACE, for tomorrow AM; she has another bladder scraping as they found another small area of cancer cells on it and are aggressively trying to save her bladder. Thanks!

So we got lots of walking in today; and ate well also. Am doing better this week; my weekend wasn't too great, but not really bad either. Still chucking along; and that is what's important, I think! Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday tomorrow; take good care ... ROSEBUD

PS ~ here's a link to another thread where I posted some pics of our NATIVITY CRECHE and our porch decos -- DH and a friend made the manger and cradle box; and I made the Joseph and Mary poster people ...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diet...ml#post3040361

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-08-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #65  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
KIM ~ glad the neck pain is gone; now we move onto the bronchitus ... well, at least you can still do some shopping ...

We had a great day shopping ourselves; picked up a few more gifts -- we decided to downsize this year: we're focusing on small, yet tasteful gifts. Now, we can get our cards and gifts into the mail this week. Just before Christmas, we will pick up the food items and we'll be all set, I hope.

PRAYER REQUEST ~ I put in a request for my step-mother, GRACE, for tomorrow AM; she has another bladder scraping as they found another small area of cancer cells on it and are aggressively trying to save her bladder. Thanks!
Thanks Justwant2Bhealthy!
I'm like you - this Christmas will be scaled WAY down!
Did a LOT of walking at Wally World today - was soaking wet when I got to checkout - don't know if it was the workout, or the bronchitis
But am safe at home - warm and cozy!
I plan on decorating the house (inside) tomorrow - yep, just a little late, but haven't been in the mood to do it until now. I'm ready now!

Will be pray'n for GRACE tomorrow, that ALL will go GREAT!

Still feel'n GREAT on day TWO!

See ya Lighter!

Kim
Old 12-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #66  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Hello everyone. Please add Heidi to your prayers. She is in MA with her mom and dad and her dad is very sick.

Also today I am saying extra prayers for people that have to be out in this cold and nasty weather. Praying that they will be safe.
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #67  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS ~

I have been coming here often but obviously not posting....I'll try to do better with that!

I am healing fine from the hernia surgery, still off work probably until after Christmas with the recovery. I am not having any more pain, just some minor discomfort on the incisions from time to time and still a little tenderness in the surgery area...but boy that hair growing back is itchy!

I have been getting out for at least 3 miles every day with the mutts, except for the day of rain, then I treadmilled it. Looks like I can send that sun out after all The week of rain...ha!...passed after 1 day, although more is expected the end of the week. It was cloudy all day yesterday but the sun is out and full today...a nice day in the high 60's now.

My weight is up I am really not over eating, I just am not burning off any calories, eating just like I do when I work....dang! Oh, not perfect, knocked off an entire bag of rice chips the other night...and I usually do not snack at all during the day or at night...sometimes, maybe once a week if that, I will have some crackers and olives before bed...or on occasion Angie will make some popcorn I never pass that up! But that happens once in a blue moon. Need to work that through Along with that beer in-put

The company Christmas party went well except I had to wear my fat pants and I couldn't button my collar without looking like a stuffed guinea pig so I passed on the tie. I gave away all of my larger neck sized shirts...I was never going to need them ...oops. I still wore a coat, not out of place at all without a tie.

I will check back later....I have sent prayers up for all concerns....

I have a guy coming to give an estimate for termites...yikes...normal here

Be back soon....
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:43 PM   #68  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathydoe View Post
Hello everyone. Please add Heidi to your prayers. She is in MA with her mom and dad and her dad is very sick.

Also today I am saying extra prayers for people that have to be out in this cold and nasty weather. Praying that they will be safe.
You got it! I will be pray'n for Heidi and her family - and for Wisdom & Direction for the Physicians concerning the care of her Dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
HI GALS ~
I am healing fine from the hernia surgery...

I have been getting out for at least 3 miles every day with the mutts, except for the day of rain, then I treadmilled it. Looks like I can send that sun out after all The week of rain...ha!...passed after 1 day, although more is expected the end of the week. It was cloudy all day yesterday but the sun is out and full today...a nice day in the high 60's now.

My weight is up

I have a guy coming to give an estimate for termites...yikes...normal here

Be back soon....
Wonderful that you are on the mends!
Weight being up is just part of your life right now, don't mean that it is forever! Just relax and watch what you are put'n in your mouth - and concentrate on getting healed up!

Now, we don't have termites in Wyoming (if we do, it is rare) due to our weather being so cold - I guess you have to trade something for something - right now, I SURE COULD USE some of your 60°F weather! And the too!

Have a GREAT day and take it easy! ~ Kim
Old 12-09-2009, 05:22 PM   #69  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

CATHY ~ don't worry, we haven't forgotten about Heidi's DAD & Mom or her; we still send up prayers each day and long after the request is made to make sure they are well. We also have a PRAYER WARRIOR's thread in this forum where we all can put in requests; and we pray for all of them as well, as do many other people that come there, but they all don't post here. You are very kind: they are well covered!

We have had a huge snow storm here all day. I have just been staying indoors doing stuff around here; paying bills and putting out prayer requests and praying for others too. DH just went out and is trying to keep our car unburied at this time; will have to call him in for dinner soon, so he'll have to take a wee break.

^Prayers^ are going up for all your concerns ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:27 AM   #70  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Well, blizzard ended here yesterday late afternoon. Looks like we got about 12" and some very large piles! No school again today, so the boys will be continuing the snow-blowing here and at some of our neighbors. DH went to work-he had stayed home yesterday rather than take a chance on losing another vehicle right now. We live on a county road and they didn't even send plows to our area until this morning, so, of course, we now have to clean out the end of the driveway again.

So, with all this bad weather, it's awfully hard to finish the Christmas shopping and it's giving me a desire to bake things which is bad, bad, bad! Might try a couple lightened up recipes I came across in Healthy Cooking magazine.

Well, nothing else going on here. Haven't heard anything from the med tests, so hoping that no news is good news, except I do know that most of our clinics were closed yesterday, so it could just be that no one was there to call with the results.

Wow, just saw that the temp is -9 deg F! Glad I have nowhere to go today! You all take care and have a great day! Keeping you in my prayers
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #71  
New ME in 2010!

Thumbs up Thursday - 12/10/09

Just stopping in to say HI to everyone!

I'm on a couple of prescriptions now for my diagnosed Bronchitis - should be really feeling the improvement by Friday (tomorrow)!

I'm not letting this get me down - you ALL have been such GREAT encouragement to me and thank you SO much for your prayers!

Have a Blessed day!
Kim
Old 12-10-2009, 09:53 PM   #72  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Well gals I had hoped to give you a picture of my new "complete" Nativity...not to be...

Evidently there is a problem with the 3rd Wiseman I spent almost an hour on the phone today... but got "their" problem resolved...there will be a 3rd Wiseman coming soon... However we may have Christmas without him...oh well...I have the BABY...and He is all we need isn't it!!!!

Isn't it wonderful knowing all we need is Jesus...FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 01-03-2010 at 05:42 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:08 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Gary. the Nativity is very pretty.. I know you will be happy to get the 3rd wiseman but in the meantime it is beautiful!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:08 AM   #74  
Daisy

HI ~ that nativity set is very lovely ... thanks for showing it to us.

I can see a smaller set behind it that looks like little people -- I received 2 of them as gifts so I gave one away as that gave me 3 nativity scenes in total; and I didn't have room for them all (our place is small).

Daisy
Heavensent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:19 AM   #75  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Gary-the missing wise man reminds me that not all of us find Jesus (become wise) early on. Some come "late" but are still welcome in God's kingdom! It offers hope for those of us who are praying for our parents and other older loved ones to come to Jesus!

Hello to all! Still cold today, but supposed to warm up a little-like to about 15 degrees! So, we're going to have to brave the cold and go to the store, as we're out of all the staples-you know, like bread, milk, kleenex, and chocolate! Might try to get most of the Christmas shopping finished up also, since today's payday.

Hoping a praying for everyone to have a wonderful & blessed day!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote