Old 12-21-2008, 06:18 PM   #76  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HI GALS

Remember me?

Just because I don't post don't think I don't check in every day with prayers

Angie just finished cooking the meatballs for our spaghetti dinner Christmas Eve...I sampled for her we will have around 30 over for dinner and a gift exchange. Angie will go to first service at 6 and play bells, I will be hosting until she and my ex-wife (altar duty) get back around 7:30. we will then have our gift exchange then Angie and I, my kids and a few others will go to 10pm service. The menu this year is salad, spaghetti and meatballs and french/garlic bread. My daughter and ex-wife are bringing the desserts.

My son and daughter in law are with her family in Florida so we will have our personal family Christmas next Saturday...Mexican feast!! Our tradition.

Church was awesome as usual with all the music. I posted a story in General Chatter under Jumping To Conclusions....OUCH about part of today's sermon.

I feel so bad about all of you being cold! I really do! It is 70 degrees right now out my back slider but it has been cold for us! Where I am working now it has been 39 to 40 at 6am....cold for me!! I will send you some ...praying the new economy doesn't charge too much! There has been snow close to us but at least an hour away.

Nephew is still a knucklehead! He looks good but I don't think he is in my daddy's NAVY When Angie and I got home after dinner on Friday he was home already, he had called and said his friends had picked him up and they were off for food...always off for food! Where do they put it! I am always out of food after they leave Anyway, I walk in and he and his buddies are in my kitchen drinking my root beer and orange soda's and eating my chips...I thought they went for food?....But I look over and his Navy uniform was in a wad on top of my stove! Now Angie and I are pretty good house cleaners but we don't always WAX the stove top....there could be some residual grease or gunk on it from cooking all week....especially if I did my quick (so Angie doesn't yell at me wipe) in the morning after I whip up my soup and breakfast. The uniform has been on his floor, in his room since he got home.

This morning I wake him up for church...he got in at 3am so you can figure how that went. On his last call he comes down and says "Uncle Gary my neckerchief for my uniform is in Chris' car...I want to go to church in my uniform so is it OK if I wait until Christmas Eve?"....WHAT!!!! His uniform is not ALL here...omgoodness....the NAVY is going to have their work cut out with this kid!

He has lost 20 pounds...is spending his $$$$ like there is no tomorrow...so glad I save $$$$ for him and don't allow or tell him how much he has. He thinks I have saved a few hundred....much more than that Whenever he asks I just say...well knucklehead I think you have about 200 bones in your savings if you really need to borrow some of it...I will make you pay it back though. If I gave him $20 bill he would spend $25!

Have a great run to the birth!!

Thank-you so much for keeping us together throughout the year! What a blessing HE has given us.

Last edited by EZMONEY; 12-21-2008 at 06:22 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:28 AM   #77  
Closed

S/C/G: 186

Height: 5'6

Please don't think I am not here either , I pop in and read the post and don't always post, I have no excuse , unless its I am wore out. I am just like a red ant on the go all the time but I think they at least sleep at night, me maybe 2 to 3 hours lately. I am leading one of the groups in 4/health/First Place and that is not easy at all but I love all those ladies and I have to be there for them even if I think I am not helping them much, I can't give up on them after all Jesus never has gave up on me. I am going in to the final weigh in tonight for an challenge [not First Place] at the Shapely Shack, they are having in Marble Falls and I am afraid I have not done so well. To many Christmas parties and excuses. I have to go to town today I guess and buy some Christmas presents . All have a Merry Christmas if I don't get back on here again! Nita Ann from Texas
Nita Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 05:30 PM   #78  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - a quick fly-in to say hello. Hope you are doing well with your Christmas prep and celebrations.

Nita Ann - glad you posted! Just get back on plan - no sense fretting over what is past!

Gary - glad you posted too. Good to hear what you and Angie have been up to. And of course that nephew of yours as well.

Hope everyone has a blessed week!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:56 PM   #79  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

HI EVERYONE ~ just dropping by to see how everyone is doing. Only a few days left before Christmas. Just doing last minute touches and resting up; it was quite cold today, very nippy. I went for a short walk with my ski poles this afternoon and took a couple of pics, but had to come back in becuz I froze my fingies. We had lovely sunshine, but it is deceiving becuz we had a cold north wind and -30C when we got up this AM. Well, I put my legs up and did a bit of mending and dusting today.

We decided to do our last pick-up tomorrow as the temps are supposed to be warmer; I hope they are right. Eastern Canada is being hit with a bad blizzard as we speak; they had snow late, but old man winter is making up for it now, I think! Prayers everbody stays indoors where it is safe and warm.

GARY ~ yes, we see you come in here and there, and all over the place. Thanks for your faithful prayers; they are very appreciated by everyone. Your church sounds like they have lots of fun things going on there. Your Christmas Eve plans sound great; I hope we have better weather than last year. People's cars and trucks were frozen up while in the service; and actually, we froze too. DH hopes to catch his church's service this year, as this is the first time he has been going to this church's services. He's not that familiar with them yet. It's the same denomination, but a different church in town. Your nephew is just being himself and you would miss it if he wasn't, I'm sure!

HI NITA ANN ~ hope you can get some sleep over the next few days. You are a support to those ladies, even if things aren't going perfectly. Don't be too hard on yourself, we all make mistakes, as we are human after all. Hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas!

HI LAURIE ~ our town had there snow removal machines out today; they borrowed one from the airport and had three trucks hauling it away ... and it's only December. So glad you have lights and heat again, just in time for the celebrations. We hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas week too!

BARGOO ~ I am so glad to hear that you have been touched by the Lord with the special peace that He promised us ... a peace that passes all understanding.

HELLO TO ALL OUR OTHER FRIENDS OUT THERE ~ hope you all have electricity and heat; prayers you are all safe and warm. May you have a wonderful week and a blessed Christmas Eve and Day with family and friends, if we don't see you!!!

Just taking it easy tonight; going to put my feet up, make my last list up; and maybe do a puzzle; and listen to some nice, Christmas music too! Have great evening, your fellow encourager ROSEBUD

^^PRAYERS^^ ascending for you and yours ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-24-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:36 PM   #80  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Yes Rosebud I am all over the place here sometimes...always trying to sneak the WORD in...although God probably cringes sometimes...I am not His prized vessel

And as far as knucklehead goes....I love him just the way he is...

Always good for a story!
Old 12-23-2008, 12:13 AM   #81  
Closed

S/C/G: 186

Height: 5'6

Today has been a great day , heard from someone that I really felt lost with out. I was able to avoid hitting a deer and nothing broke. I won 2nd place loosing the most weight got 52.50 for my part! Talked to my daughter and they are coming up New Years Eve! Yea!
Nita Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:48 AM   #82  
Quit counting at 45!

It's also very frigid here. It takes twice as long to get anywhere because of the icy roads. I'll be so glad for a break. Hopefully it'll come soon. Thank God we have warm houses to live in!!

I'm almost ready for Christmas. We're having the famiy in for Christmas eve and then going to DH's parents place for Christmas Day. We are so going to miss our married kids. They are going to spend the season with DIL parents. She's really excited about it and we're glad they won't be alone.

I don't know if I'll be posting during the season so I just wanted to make sure I wished all of you a very BLESSED CHRISTMAS AND ALL OF GOD'S RICHEST BLESSINGS IN 2009.
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 05:17 PM   #83  

Hi all - hope you are staying warm and cozy!
I had a blessing today! I was leaving my office and just about to turn onto the street from the parking lot. I had looked left to make sure nothing was coming. And I had that little angel nudge that said to look right, just as I was about to pull out - I looked and there - coming up the wrong side of the street going about 40 mph was a teenage driver. He was trying to pass the other cars on the street a two block long side street of all things. Thankfully, I braked in time and everyone was fine

Well, I gotta get cracking so that I can get the PowerPoint done for tomorrow's services. Hope you all have a blessed evening - prayers continuing for all!
Old 12-24-2008, 06:15 PM   #84  
Rosebud

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE NIGHT TO EVERYONE!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 07:02 PM   #85  

I hope everyone has a most blessed Christmas! I count all of you among my blessings

May God's peace and love and grace wash over you and yours.

Blessings!

Laurie
Old 12-25-2008, 09:37 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Merry Christmas to all and best wishes for a blessed new year!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 09:48 AM   #87  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Angie and I were going to take the dogs on a 3 miler but it rained most of the night and there is still a heavy drizzle. The 3 of them are curled up in bed right now waiting for "clearence".

Although Angie isn't getting much cuddle time with them as they keep jumping on and off the bed to go check on the bedroom door where my daughter and son in law are sleeping. The kids spent the night since they are leaving this morning for sil's grandparents in the desert and we didn't get home from church until mid-night.

Church was awesome although a bit less of a crowd, Angie said first service was standing room only so I guess some of the usual late goers went early.

Maybe they heard I might sing!

Our Christmas Eve went well. Spaghetti was a big hit! The gift exchange was nice, I picked up a $25 gift card that will go towards lunch/dinner today I suppose. Angie and I will probably go to our little Mexican joint since we don't have other plans until Saturday. The owner made a point of letting us know he would be open...thinkin' he needs the business.

I hope you are all warm and having a wonderful birthday celebration!

I will check in later...off work for 4 days...yipeeeee!

I am blessed to have such wonderful friends...thank you Jesus!
Old 12-25-2008, 04:14 PM   #88  

Default Merry Christmas

I just popped in to wish you all a very Merry Christmas God Bless!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 04:32 PM   #89  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

Merry Christmas! Was so glad to read of the travel mercies shown to a couple of you faithful Encouragers! God's protections of us are shown in so many ways!

Gary-Sounds like you've had a wonderful holiday! Four days off will be very nice.

Best of Christmas wishes to all of you! Hope you are having a great, Christ-focused holiday! You are all in my prayers and thoughts on this most wonderful of days.

"Glory to God in the highest and on earth, peace, goodwill toward men."
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 12:09 AM   #90  
Rosebud

HOPE YOU ALL HAD A MERRY, MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

We sent out NATIVITY cards to all our friends and family this year with a verse from Luke 2:10-14 condensed like this ... "And the Angel said ... I bring you good tidings of great Joy, for unto you this day, is born a Savior, which is CHRIST OUR LORD! ... GLORY TO GOD in the highest, and peace on earth, good will towards men!"

We were blessed with glorious sunshine all day; and had a wonderul time with our friends, with a delightful dinner. We talked to a lot of our far-away family and that was nice too. We are very grateful for all the blessings and benefits GOD has provided for us this year.

We hope that you all are blessed with good health and peace and safety during this week and for the coming new year! Your fellow encourager ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-26-2008 at 12:10 AM.