Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-22-2005, 02:11 AM   #61  

I just did my first WATP today- I did 2 miles. At first I was like "this is slow and boring.." but it got hard in the middle and towards the end. I love it! It is a good workout and I don't feel just exhausted when I am done like some others.

I am going to set my goal at an average of a mile a day for the rest of the month. It's fun and I like Leslie...
lucky_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 02:18 PM   #62  

I finally made my way up to the 3 mile WATP! Wow what a great workout!!

I'm at 13 miles for November. I've also been to curves 8 times

Last edited by Valerie Joy; 11-22-2005 at 02:22 PM.
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 03:07 PM   #63  

Oh Dinah that is great! Maybe next year I will do a turkey trot too! Go girl. You are fast approaching a year of stop smoking and that is to be comended!!!!!

Did my three miles today so 58 thus far.
luflic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 03:34 PM   #64  

Dinah good luck in the race I'm sure you'll do well!

I'm up to 27.5 so far. I've already done my 3 miles today but I am going to try to get in one more when the kids get home. Sometimes I need them as my motivation to keep going.
ambabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 07:05 PM   #65  

Thank you so much for your good wishes. I am getting very excited and nervous, too! I've never ever done anything like this before. Tonight I walked 3 miles just to make sure I could do it, and I was thinking that this will be a HUGE milestone for me. Almost a year ago, I quit smoking, something I thought I could and would never do. And here I am about to be in a race! Thank you, luflic and ambabs!

I''m up to 33.5 miles now for the month...I goofed on my last entry and added an extra mile.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone...see you after the Trot!
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 08:29 PM   #66  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies, looks like everyone is doing well. I got my 3.5 miles in yesterday but had to wear my knee brace. i don't know what's going on with this knee but I did fall on it back in Sept. but I went on vacation a week afterward without any problems walking on it. Maybe delayed reaction? If it continues I may have to find a doc to look at it.

I was down 2.6 lbs at my WI today which I am really happy about! Now to just watch those portions on Thanksgiving...

Dinahgirl, good luck and have fun on your T-day turkey trot! You can do it!

ambabs, I liked the HP movie but agree with you that they cut too much of the story out of it. I hope with the new director for Order of the Phoenix he "gets it right". Of course if they stayed too true to the book they could make an 8 hr movie

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 02:48 PM   #67  

Did my three miles so tota of Sixty One! Have a Blessed Thanksgiving
luflic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 10:23 PM   #68  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Hey ladies, hope you're all doing well!

WI was today and I'm down to my Disneyland goal weight - 136! I'm so excited! I still have one week to go so maybe I'll even surpass it!

Have only walked two more miles since last Thursday but have four planned for tomorrow. Lotsa mall-walking on the weekend too.

Good work to ALL of you for getting your miles in! What awesome progress you're all making!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Type you later!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 12:02 PM   #69  

I had so much fun with the Turkey Trot. I walked 3.1 miles (5k). Out of 2,200 walkers, I probably came in 2,191, but that's okay, because I did it!!!!! It was lots of fun and I encourage you to do it if you have such an event nearby. They had a 1 mile race first, and then 5k, 10k, and 15k. It was runners and walkers, serious athletes and moms with strollers. A real family atmosphere and every level welcome. I received a t-shirt and a medal! I feel really proud today. And I'm at 36.6 miles for November and by Monday, I will have earned my six stars in the Presidential Challenge!
Old 11-26-2005, 08:01 PM   #70  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Hey ladies, only on for a brief moment... got the four intended miles in on Thursday and two today. Total: 28. Will get another four in before we leave for our trip which means I'll have passed my monthly goal by two miles.

Since I won't be back until mid-December, I'll set my goal now... 50mi (lots Disney-walking, of course!).

Hope you're all keeping well! Best wishes and take care!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 01:10 PM   #71  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Did my first mile since Nov 5! I went back to the original WATP with my 3 pound weights. Hoping to do more later today, but if I don't; that's OK. I have a new plan for reaching my goals and I'm not going to stress out (especially at this time of year!).

Have a great Sunday!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 02:09 PM   #72  

HI everybody, hope your Thanksgiving weekend has been good. I walked 3+ miles this morning, which means I'm at 40 miles for the month. And I finished the Presidential Challenge thing...got my six stars. Yippee!

macdeez -- have a great time at DisneyLand! I'm sure you'll meet your goal with all that walking.

Michele, just jump right back on the wagon...one day at a time!

Have a great day!
Old 11-28-2005, 07:40 PM   #73  

Hey Everyone,

I have not posted in a LONG time - probably since September I would say. Anyways lately I have been going to the gym latley with a friend from work, and we have both been doing 40 minutes on the treadmill and also doing abdomen exercises. We have been going for about 2 months now, and I feel good. I have lost about 12 pounds.

Anyways something I really need to focus on is DEFINATLEY portion control at meals, and snacks... uhh. I am a junk-food addict. I have been doing a little better lately though. Just trying to snack healthy.

Well.. what I really came here to ask is about this Walking away the pounds stuff. I'm not sure what it is. Is it like DVD program?? Do you do it inside? I am confused. I also heard something about a couch to 5k program?? Does anyone know anything about this? I would really appreciate any help!!

Thanks guys!! Hope you are all doing well!
sweetn'crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 09:01 PM   #74  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Yesterday, after the WATP 1 mile, I did 40 minutes on the treadmill (2.25 miles). and today was another 40 minutes (2.3 miles).

Walk Away the Pounds is a set of DVD's/videos by Leslie Sansone. They range from 1 mile to a new 5 mile that's about to come out. She also has several toning and interval training ones as well. I LOVE them! You do them in a space as small as your livingroom. They are low/no impact, so you don't hurt your joints, either. Feel free to message me if you have questions.

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 07:34 PM   #75  

Thanks!! I really appreciate it. I will definatley look into it, it sounds like something I would benefit from! Thanks!
sweetn'crazy is offline   Reply With Quote