Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-15-2005, 08:54 AM   #106  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Got in my first 30 minute power walk this morning. Weather permitting, another at lunch time, and tonight is stability ball night.
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 09:25 AM   #107  
haveto

Default Good Morning...

Hello Ladies!!
Good job Betani
I worked out Saturday for twenty minutes at the gym that makes 6 days and 10 workouts!!
Sundays I let my body rest, but yesterday I decided to start painting the exterior of the house....I really got a work out, and my arm is a little sore.

TOM is just around the corner so no weight change, retaining water, feeling a little B****y , and really want a pound of chocolate covered peanuts!!!
Have a good Monday ladies.
Caprice
caprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 02:39 PM   #108  
sick and tired no more...

S/C/G: 171.5/see ticker/120

Height: 5ft 1in

Hello everyone!

Great work and congratulations to everyone for staying so committed!!

Good news!! I have finally seen the scale move in the downward position for the first time in about two weeks!!! I am now down another 2 lbs. I am feeling pretty enthusiastic and more determined than ever!

Today, I did a full leg and butt workout on the machines at the gym, and then 30 min on the eliptical!!

Keep up the effort girls - WE CAN DO IT!!!
psych_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 02:52 PM   #109  

Hi Ladies!!
Thought I might join you on this thread…I’ve been working out 7 days a week for the month of August, so I thought this was a perfect place to post!! Usually, I’ve been doing 30 minutes on the elliptical machine and then about 20 minutes of weights. I’ve incorporated the exercise ball and I’ve really noticed a huge difference in my abs and butt!!

TOM is right around the corner for me too. Darn that chocolate!! Why must it taunt me during this time of weakness??

Well, keep up the great work!!
hollybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 05:31 PM   #110  

Thanks you guys so much for the encouragement!! You are all so awesome! It really means a lot. Psych Girl...so nice to know someone else is facing some of the same issues as me...great job on toning up!!
Friday I worked out with trainer and did upper body and then 30 min of cardio doing some jogging as well as elliptical. Haven't jogged in a long time. Trainer wants me adding 30 min. of cardio a 6th day before I eat breakfast...so got up Sat. AM and walked 30 min. Took Sunday off and today will be back with Trainer to do back and shoulders.
TOM is supposed to be coming for me too..7days late though and NO not pregnant. Maybe its the exercise?? This is the first month for me to exercise. I was down a lb. this week. Now I have 5 more to lose to get back to my starting weight when I began exercising. I will not give up...you guys are right..if anything doing it for my health is huge!!
Hope you all have a great day!!
libbysmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 08:07 PM   #111  

I did my 70 minutes on my gazelle this morning. My daughter and I then went out for an entire day of shopping!! We were gone from 9am to 5pm. We walked our butts off...I hope .
Peach
Ga Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:56 AM   #112  

WOW Peach-70 min. that is awesome!! I got a booty kicking from my trainer last night. It was the first "paying" session I had with him. WHEW! I did 30 min. cardio with some jogging on the treadmill and then we did back and shoulders. I really struggled with the last 2 exercises. Then we did ab work on the ball and did leg lifts where you are laying on your back and you lift your legs and pull your knees up and them legs straight up in the air. Did that for a full min. without touching the ground, twice. Then legs straight out and slow bicycle like moves....1 min. without touching ground-twice. He even said that I impressed him...so that made me feel good. I am leaving for the beach Wed. afternoon so we are going to meet again today. I am so worried about not having a gym for 5 days...I'm thinking that I will just power walk on the beach for 30-45 min each day. I peaked at scale and was down 3 lbs this morning..but not getting too excited....we'll see. Clothes are definately fitting much better. YEA SOME PROGRESS!!!
Hope you all have a great Tuesday!!
Marcie
Old 08-16-2005, 09:02 AM   #113  
Oddball

Yesterday, I got in my 30 minute lunchtime walk, and last night I worked out on my stability ball for 40 minutes.

This morning I got my 30 minute power walk in.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:11 AM   #114  

Not doing nearly as well as all of you. My son and I have decided to move.From Nebraska to Kansas (my old home town) probably not until next summer but we are going to have a garage sale in 2 weeks and have been busy getting ready for it. I work at the school and it starts on Friday..and the arts council that I am a member of is having a big concert in the park on saturday. I have also had a realtor come and visit about selling the house..it's been a busy couple of weeks. It seems like when I get done working I remember that I haven't done any intentional exercise but surely all of this stuff counts for something. If you don't hear from me for awhile you'll know whats up. Keep up the GREAT job all of you...One meal at a time..one step at a time, and One day at a time. Cindi
Flower Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 01:45 PM   #115  
haveto

Default Wahoo!!!!!!!!!

Congrads Psychgirl!!!!!
I did get to the gym yesterday and did my 70 min on treadmill (50 am and 20 pm) and got my upper body weights done. This morning was 60 min on the treadmill, and I feel great. I was really feeling the TOM this morning and after the work out, I felt so much better.
Hopefully I will see a little loss in a few days, I am just so bloated right now. I tend to retain alot of fluid during the first few days.
Keep it up girls.....great job on keeping eachother pumped up..I know it helps me.
Caprice
caprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 09:07 PM   #116  

I got in a 45 minute walk/jog this morning at 6:30 am while it was still nice and cool here. Once again my daugther and I had another whole day of shopping!!! So I pretty much did nothing but walk all day today!!
Those blasted scales are mine just have to be broken....they have not moved in a whole month ( I guess that is not a true statement....they have moved up a few pounds, then back down again)! I seem to be stuck at this current weight. But I guess that is just the way things are to be for awhile.

Peach
Old 08-17-2005, 08:45 AM   #117  
Oddball

Yesterday I got in my 30 minute lunchtime walk, and this morning I got my 30 minute power walk.

Hopefully another walk at lunch today, and tonight is stability ball night, if I can keep up my discipline.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:41 AM   #118  

Great job you guys...everyone is really working hard. Yesterday I did 30 min cardio and then worked with trainer on legs and arms b/c I am leaving to go on vacation today. I can't walk again today, but I guess that is what I pay him for. Scale went back up a couple of pounds this am...oh well not worried...gonna keep on going.

Great job everyone!
Old 08-17-2005, 09:22 PM   #119  

Well today was another all day long day of shopping!!!! I didn't do any type of work out yet today and I don't know if I will or not. I may do some sit up or push ups later tonight.
I bet ya'll are wondering why I have been doing so much shopping? I have an on camera interview with PBS next Thursday and of course I can't find a thing to wear!!!!! Everything that I have seen this week has been either to young looking (too much skin showing!!!!) or too old looking (big giant flowers!!!) Of course all of my clothes that hanging in my closet are way too big for me to wear. I also seem to be missing the fashion gene!!! I suck at picking out clothes. I wish I had a personal shopper to pick out my clothes. I will probably just wear a nice shirt and a black pair of pants for this thing.
Peach
Old 08-18-2005, 08:47 AM   #120  
Oddball

Well, I didn't do the stablity ball last night, but I did get in a second walk at lunch.

Got my 30 min power walk in this morning, but I did NOT want to do it. I'm just losing motivation for some reason. It didn't even make me feel better afterwards like it usually does. Maybe I'm just moody.