Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-09-2005, 10:21 AM   #76  

Hey everyone! Thanks for the great Welcome! I met with trainer yesterday and we stepped it up a bit with the weight training...did back and shoulders yesterday and 30 min. of cardio. Today will do 45 min. of cardio. Feels good!!!
libbysmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 10:48 AM   #77  
haveto

Default Another week.......:O)

Great job and sticking it out ladies!!!
19 pounds is awsome!!! but the way you feel is even better, right?
I too was getting a little discouraged, this is week four and I haven't lost much of anything the last week. But to be honest, Sun and Mon I did a very bad thing!!! I made my son trailmix, with nuts, raisins, and m&m's. Well, I nibbled a few here and there.....put it in fit day and OH MY GOD!!!!! 1000 calories......couldn't believe it! I did do the cardio for 50 minutes yesterday, and already 50 min today, but oh my goodness!!! I feel just like I made a major booboo
I started today off right, and am determined to stay on track.
I refuse to quit!!!
You ladies are a constant inspiration, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Lynn
caprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 06:51 PM   #78  
sick and tired no more...

S/C/G: 171.5/see ticker/120

Height: 5ft 1in

Yay!! : Another day, another great workout..! Today I did abs, back, and chest, along with 30min on the eliptical (sweated my butt off - i hope! ).

Caprice, don't worry about the weekend, unfortunately none of us can go back and fix the past - otherwise NONE of us would be here, right? All you can do is start your day fresh (or the next hour sometimes), forgive yourself (harder to do than forgiving others for me!) and take one day at a time. Today is really ALL you have - don't beat yourself up over spilt milk..., as long as you keep up the hard work, it will all pay off
psych_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 09:55 PM   #79  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Even though I was gone, I was able to get in a 30 minute walk every morning except Saturday. I was quite pleased with myself!
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 10:34 PM   #80  
haveto

Default :o)

Thank You psych girl!!! I needed that
Funny how we all know the correct way for this to work is to diet and work out, take it slowly one day at a time....but.....it's still easier to give that talk than live by it!!!
I had a great day today, completely op. Did 60 min total cardio, abs, and leg weight training. No more overdoing it with the excercise. My DM made a homemade cake for the family and I had one bite...not one slice, one bite
Thank you girls again......
Caprice

Last edited by caprice; 08-10-2005 at 08:22 AM.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:30 AM   #81  
haveto

Default Oh Happy Day!!!

I feel fantastic this morning
I was up at 5 am and at the gym at 5:15. After 55 min of cardio (toned down due to some pain) I feel absolutely marvalous I had been doing 40-45 min twice a day of intense cardio and my back pain lingered. So this week I slowed it down some, and made the workout longer. I still burned 300 calories, and worked up a good uhmmmm sweat.
and guess what?????? another pound gone!!! even after the horrible two days with the trail mix. I guess there is something to this excercise stuff afterall.....
I hope you all have a great morning too!!! Thank you for your support ladies!!
caprice
Old 08-10-2005, 09:31 AM   #82  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

I feel back on track already

I got my 30 minute power walk this morning, and as long as it's not raining, I'll try for another at lunch.
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:45 AM   #83  

Caprice..great job on another lb down!! Glad you aren't experiencing any more pain. 300 calories is great. I did 50 min cardio yesterday. 15 on bike, 20 on elliptical, and 15 on treadmill with incline...so I feel good about my workout yesterday. I will work with trainer today on legs. I weighed and am still the same this week..nothing down...total of 6 lbs gained in the 3 weeks I have been exercising...but my pants seem to feel a bit different. Maybe I am dreaming it..but they seem a little looser below the waist. Hmmm..maybe something is happening now??? Hope so!! I just feel so good! I got frustrated this morning when I got on the scale and my husband said "are you toning up? do you feel better? That is all that matters!" I guess he is right. I will take my measurments next week and I took photos as well in a swim suit..so that will be interesting to see if there is any change! Hope you all have a great day!!
Old 08-10-2005, 09:49 AM   #84  

Hello all!

First of all, I'd like to say that all of you wonderful ladies are such a great source inspiration. I've been struggling with my weight for half my life. Three years ago, I was married and a month later, pregnant. After the birth of my child, I've been unable to lose the additional 15lbs to my already overweight body.

So the first of this year I started SBD. It worked great - lost weight pretty fast. Alas, after 3 months I slowly started back to my old habits. The pounds slowly started creeping back and sure enough - I packed on a few extra to boot. I'm now at my heaviest ever at 152lbs. So back to gym I go.

It's been 3 years since I last set foot in a gym - yesterday was my first day back. Let me tell you - IT FELT GREAT! I'm so excited about working out again! My only big concern is that I have very limited time with my child,work, and commuting 2 hours a day - so they only time I have to schedule my workouts is during my lunch hour. From the time it takes for me to drive to the gym, change, and drive back to the office- it only leaves me with 30 minutes to work out.

I plan on working out at least 5 days a week. My only concern is 30 minutes doesn't seem to be near enough time to get into shape. But - a little it better than nothing!

Yesterday I did 17 minutes on the treadmill at a speed-waking rate. Sprinted for 5 of those 17 minutes. I completed one mile.

Today I'm gonna shot for 15min mile and 15 min. on the elliptical trainer.

Here are my stats:

Height: 5' (very small frame)
Current Weight: 152lb
Goal Weight: 105lb
Short-Term Goal: 130lb
Berlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:17 PM   #85  
haveto

Default good afternoon!!

It is soooooo hot down here! close to 100 and the air is so thick that it's hard to breathe out there for very long. (Thank goodness for the cushy library job....)
Berlin, you are doing great already!!! Fitting it in when ever you can shows determination. Maybe thirty minutes at lunch and thirty minutes at night when the family is either busy or in bed?
Thanks Libbysmom! Your husband is right, it may not show up on the scale, but if your feeling better ......WAHOO!!!!! just let the diet and workouts do their job.......
I am just looking forward to the first time someone else notices, won't that be a confirmation? I have so much to lose though, that noone has noticed the 10 pounds yet !!
I'm just going on and on and on and on......LOL
Have a great afternoon girls...I am off to the gym to get some weight training done....

Old 08-10-2005, 05:39 PM   #86  

Hello ya'll,
Well I have returned from my travels. I managed to at least 30 minutes or more of walking in every day that I was gone from home!! Today I did 80 minutes on my gazelle. I also washed my furry babies. That was another few minutes of exercise. I had to chase them both down!!! They hate bath day. I find it very strange that they both love to go and get in the swimming pool with me but they run like mad when they see me get out their bath stuff!! It must have something to do with all of the hair drying and brushing that happens after the bath.
I was going to mow the lawn later this afternoon but it is pouring down rain. Looks like the ole lawn will have to wait until tomorrow !!! I think I am just going to lay on the couch and read my book all evening tonight
Peach
Ga Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 06:11 PM   #87  
sick and tired no more...

S/C/G: 171.5/see ticker/120

Height: 5ft 1in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin
I'm so excited about working out again! My only big concern is that I have very limited time with my child,work, and commuting 2 hours a day - so they only time I have to schedule my workouts is during my lunch hour. From the time it takes for me to drive to the gym, change, and drive back to the office- it only leaves me with 30 minutes to work out.
Hey, there Berlin! Welcome!

Just wanted to give you a quick suggestion about time... What about throwing that adorable child of yours into a stroller and taking her for a brisk walk?? Kill two birds with one stone, so to speak??

I can relate to the old time crunch! I am in University full time (working on my honours degree this year) and I work, and I have a son, and I have a boyfriend... Whew! So trying to fit the gym in is a pain... But I suffered a severe back injury almost 2 years ago (after I stopped going to the gym because I was so busy) and believe me - that will make your life a lot harder than it was by trying to slip that time in for the gym!! I learned my lesson, and now that it is FINALLY not KILLING me (my back) everytime I workout - I am back at it diligently! You are doing the right thing by fitting it in where you can!! Don't give up, and see where you can take care of 2 things at once - maybe your child will love it, too!!!???
psych_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:48 PM   #88  

Soooo sorry to be absent guys..but after my company left we had some problems with an organization that I was made president of only last thursday. And a pile of junk fell in my lap..and now I am really stressed about fixing it. and I haven't exercised for the last two days and boy have I been doing some stress munching. I haven't done that for a very long time. Things just closed in around me and I fell back in my old way of handeling life. But ladies I am back..I am not perfect and I know I will never be but I am going to get back on program tomorrow...Stress eating certainly hasn't helped the situation any. Back on track and thank you all for inspiring me to get it back together. What I should have done is post when I was about to stress eat so that you could help talk me out of it. Next time I will. Kick me in the butt or something ok ladies. Your all doing great. One day at a time. Cindi
Flower Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 08:46 AM   #89  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

I know what you mean about the stress Cindi--but don't worry, it will get better! ((hugs))

I've slacked the last couple of days, but I did get in a bunch of cruches, pushups, leg lifts, bicycles, etc. last night--probably a little over 1/2 hour worth. Hey, it's better than nothing right?
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 08:55 AM   #90  

Cindi-I can totally relate about the stress eating...I am the same way...Glad you are back on track.
Berlin-Great advice....my little one loves to stroll! I should do more of that myself, especially on the weekends.
Ga Peach-Glad you are back from your travels...my daughter is the same way with the bath...LOL...she loves to swim but hates taking a bath...go figure?
Caprice-Where are you in TX? I am in Lake Charles, LA so I can total understand what you are talking about with the heat and humidity. We are just about in Texas!! We just moved here like 6 months ago so I am still trying to get used to it. I totally know what you mean about when people will notice the weight loss. Obviously they won't on my until I start loosing...but I look forward to that day!!

I worked with my trainer yesterday on weights and did lunges...uuuggghhh...I am so sore. Then he had me do 30 min cardio at 3.0 Incline..."briskly walking." I have one more free session with him and then I am going to purchase 10 sessions with him. He says that we will not go by the scale only my body fat and how my clothes fit. He had suggested that my hubby take pics of me in a swim suit when I started and so last night took more and compared. We both could see a slight difference in some areas. In the area on my back under my bra, my arms, and my booty was the same size, just more toned...so that right there was great incentive to keep going..plus the sight of me in a swim suit . Ok enough rambling...just wanted to share my good news...oh and I peaked again on scale this morning and was down 2....maybe my body is finally letting go of the lbs. Hope you all have a great on plan and strong exercising day!! 45 min of cardio for me today!!