Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 11-30-2004, 11:53 PM   #1  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Thumbs up DeCeMbEr WaLkErS - Just Walking Away the Pounds

Hello, Walkers and welcome to the December thread! Our beloved Sunny entrusted me with getting us started in this year's final month -- even going so far as to give me a sweet image to inspire us! Sunnygirl, I look forward to your speedy return -- I miss your smiling face and lovely, supportive presence!

I'll be be back to post my December walking goals. I invite all of you to do the same -- or just pop in to say "hi," and officially go on record as intending to walk during the month of December!

Here's to a month of walking, overall on-plan eating, and joy with our loved ones......'tis the season to WALK
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 03:10 AM   #2  

My December goal is 48 miles.
dharmaspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 05:01 AM   #3  
I wanna look like this

Hi

I saw the walkers' thread last month and I'd like to join you ladies. Been off my dieting and exercising plan for a couple of weeks now binging and sitting in front of the tv instead - it's showing big time.

I used to walk about 3 miles/day before that so my goal is to get back on track and do 100 miles this December.
Snow White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 08:35 AM   #4  

Hi everyone!

I will join you in walking. Back in the summer I was posting miles walked but was interrupted due to a family crisis. Just didn’t have time to post as much. I didn’t stop exercising, though. I have not been walking as much as I would like. So I need this accountability to stay focus and on target.

My goal is to walk 50 miles for the month of Dec.
bburoughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 10:42 AM   #5  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile I'm Home!!!!

WoW!!! I cannot believe that it's December 1st already!

First off... I want to *Thank Sarah* for beginning a new thread & keeping it all going Nice job girl! I must say that it was nice to see that I was missed I KNOW I sure missed you all !!!

*~*~*

Joe & I had a wonderful time in Maine! Our trip there was easy going and we got there in 14 hours right on the nosey! I drove all the way there... I wanted to get there on Friday evening so that I could surprise my folks at the Denny's where they go to breakfast every Saturday. And we did - surprised the heck out of them!! My sis & her DD walked in first while Joe & I hung back a bit and then came in after another couple --- it was priceless when it dawned on my mother that the girl that looked allot like her daughter was her daughter it was the best! My sis & I finally pulled one over on my mother and believe me, that was not easy! The whole week was great! Everyday was filled with something to do and places to go... it went so very fast! I do have some great pictures to share with you all, but must downsize them before I do --- give me a day or so and I will post them for you, okay.

We got home on Sunday evening at 8:18pm leaving my sister's at 6am, but the drive home was harder with the rains and winds we had to fight, not to mention that all the college kids were heading back to school too. Unfortunately we witnessed a 5 car pile up in NY - all 5 college cars - I really felt for them! No one was hurt thank the Lord, but all their loaded up cars were spread all over the roadways, not to mention they now had broken cars ... bummer! I was glad to see no one was hurt! And so happy to be home! Lisa took such good care of our boys that they didn't even miss us at first, but after we were home on Monday it dawned on them that we were home again to stay. Zeppe kept me up all night Sunday night wanting me to pet him and filling my face with is rough kisses... and Domino & Guido fought for my attention on Tuesday all day.. kitties are just too funny. I really missed them too!

I haven't had the time to catch up with *all* your posts, but I will try to do my best, so I have some idea what's going on with everyone.

Hey gals... I lost another pound while in Maine, so I am now down 27lbs. & officially in the 180's!!!!! Yeah!! I am almost half way to my goal!!! I will post a December Goal later...

Well, I really must be going, I have so much to catch up with today: Gotta get in my walk, Do Bill's, Laundry, Decorating for Christmas, Christmas Cards... just to begin with.

Love you gals!!!!
{{{Hugs}}}
I'll be back soon!
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 12:26 PM   #6  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Default Hello, December!

First of all, WELCOME BACK, Sunny! Verrrrry nice to have you back, my friend! I loved hearing about your boys' reactions to your return -- I think I mentioned a while back that I have 7 kitties of my own (and an Italian Greyhound).....they all just have such distinct personalities don't they?

And welcome back to Dharma and Brenda -- and Snow White, it's great to have you here!

Ok, so in November my walking goal was 30 miles, and I ended up with 36. I'm going to go with a December goal of 40 miles.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 12:27 PM   #7  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Well I made 50 in November instead of my 75 goal. I think I just didn't count on being sick or that I just wouldn't have the time over TG.

So I will set out for 50 this month and hope for the time and the very best!

Good luck walkers!
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 07:59 AM   #8  

Good Morning Ladies!

Thanks Sarah for your warm welcome!

SunnyD - Glad you had a wonderful time in Maine.

Well, I did 2 miles on my lunch break and walked 1 mile after work. Also did weights upper body workouts.

I did 1 mile this morning and plan on walking on lunch break. Will report in on tomorrow!

Have a good day everyone!

Total = 4
bburoughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 08:55 AM   #9  
Sherry

Well, my November hit the skids w/exercise and walking so I'm back for December and off to a good start I must say! So if it's ok w/you girls I'd like to rejoin you! My goal will once again be 40 miles...or more if possible. I'm also doing my spinning class again so that's why I say only 40.

Monday I did 1.5 miles watp strength tape w/25 min of strength training included.
Tuesday I did my 45 min spinning class
Wednsday off
Thursday (today) I have my spinning class again.

Total for the week so far 1.5 miles. I'm determined to make this work!!!!
sherybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 09:43 AM   #10  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Talking I Love December

Hi everyone!

I missed you too Sunny! Glad you're back

I didn't make my goal in November. I really fell off the wagon big time. I'm ready to get back on. And I'm buying myself a WATP video as an early Christmas present as soon as I can find one. I have to get fit. My doctor has given me 3-6 months before I have to check back in and if I haven't lost more weight and gotten my insulin down (I have PCOS, insulin resistance, and the potential to be diabetic if I'm not careful) then shes putting me on meds and I DO NOT want that to happen! But I feel very good that over this past year I have managed to bring my insulin level down considerably, by at least 50 points in fact. I thank you all so much for being here for me.
Ok so what should I set for December? Mm...How about 15 miles again. We'll see how that goes. Hope you are all well.
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:34 AM   #11  

Smile December Goal

Hi gals!
Just wanted to log in my goals for this month
I think I must be very reasonable for the month of December... I have such little time, but want to make sure I get MY TIME in. Soooo I thought at the very least 1 mile for me - everyday - will be a good goal. I will do more in January when everything slows up a bit.

So my December goal is to Walk 30 miles
(1 mile each day)

*~*~*

Good to see all you new gals join in & all you die-hards hanging in there December is such a tough month and you all are here giving it a great go You should all be so proud of yourselves!!!

Hi Amy, Thanks so much for the warm welcome home So are you going Christmas shopping for some new shoes

Hey there Sarah! Thanks!! I have a picture I will post of my boys I think you will get a kick out of - I'll post it soon - it's still in the camera. Glad you enjoy my kitty stories.

Hi Sherybaby, You look to have some great goals and are doing a wonderful job so far Welcome to our thread

Hi Brenda, How nice to see you back! That's what's nice about this thread - no pressure... you just do the very best you can each day and you too are off to a great beginning.

Hi Dharma, It's good to see you back too!

Hi SnowWhite, So you are getting snow!? We usually have snow by now too, but it has been unseasonably warm for Nov. & Dec. I sure do hope we get some snow for Christmas - it just wouldn't be the same! That's quite a goal for December --- wishing you much success!!! Welcome!

*~*~*

I have some pictures to post of our Trip to Maine for Thanksgiving...
I am the first-born of 4 siblings & here are 3 of us ~ (going L-Rt) Russell (the youngest), Me (the oldest) & Linda (the middle child):

I just laugh so hard each time I see this picture - *a classic pic*
My father nagging my mother while she drives - we were in the back seat & on the way out to lunch when I took this He saw that I was going to take it and stuck his tongue out!

Getting ready to sit and have our Roast Beast & then...

enjoying the feast

My sister & I Thanksgiving Day...

I hope I haven't bored you all to tears with my pictures...

*God Bless you all*
Make it a wonderful day today...
always,
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 12-02-2004, 09:45 PM   #12  
Dawn aka Sims addict

Talking Introduction Here !!

Hello all I am new here !!

I am joining this as right now walking is my main form of exercise. I dance once or twice a week with a tape that uses bellydancing moves & Pilates a couple times a week but its killing me !! I try to walk almost every day, but so far I have been doing it every other day. I put my beloved dog, Freedom on the leash & away we go !! This is real time walking I am doing, not on a treadmill. If I could buy a treadmill I would use that in btwn walking real time. Know anywhere I can get a pretty good t.m. for a good price ? I plan on buying one in the next couple months. Maybe the dog will join me on that to !!

My miles so far for December have just been over 2 which were today.

My goal this month is:btwn 32-36. Maybe I can beat it !!

I look forward to being a part of this thread & getting to know many of you !!

Btw I am in the Atkins thread normally.
abnrmlisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 07:44 AM   #13  

Smile

Good Morning Gals!

*Welcome to our thread Dawn*
As far as T-Mills go... I have a Pro-Form from Sear's that I really enjoy. I just got it this summer and paid $400.00 for it. Good luck in deciding... I enjoy mine because it is way to cold for walking outdoors now. In fact, we are getting some snow today I don't mind snow as long as it's not a huge storm, besides what is Christmas without it. The lights look wonderful in snow...

Go out and make it a great day gals!!
SunnyD
<><

DeCeMbEr MiLeS : 2

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 12-03-2004, 10:51 AM   #14  

Smile

Hi Sarah!
Here are the pictures I mentioned I would post of my boys...
When I change the sheets on our bed I have to close the door because they all decide to play on the bed while I am trying to change it - well, this is what I saw when I opened my door All waiting for me

Here is my Domino playing in the empty cube of my sweater closet... I was refolding and straightening when he felt the need to jump up. Ain't he adorable Just gotta love 'em

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 12-03-2004, 05:52 PM   #15  

Question

Where did everybody gooooo
Have I frightened you all away with the pictures and long posts...
if I have I'm sorry

It's just too quiet here...
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*