Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-12-2004, 09:53 PM   #31  
KAR

Evening Ladies,
Hope everyone had a great weekend! I was able to squeeze in a brisk two mile walk around town this evening after dinner. So I am starting off the new week on the right foot. I have two Christmas parties to go to this week. So I am trying to get in all the excerise I can so that I can go to the parties and not feel guilty about eating out tonights this week. I really don't what to have a gain over the holidays.
Well I best be getting ready to go to bed. I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow. I have to work the afterschool program until 6:15 and then go workout at Curves. Then I can come home and get my stuff ready for school the next day and unwind a little bit before I go to bed.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 12:25 PM   #32  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies~

Don't know if you remember me or not but just dropping by to say Hi to everyone.

I did make my November goal, actually passed it. And am working on December.

See you ladies all are doing a swell job.

SunnyD, great photos!

Well, take care ladies and keep up the good work. I don't remember to check in but do read your posts once in a while when I think about it.

Hope everyone has a great Holiday and keep on truckin' ladies!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 09:21 AM   #33  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Hi everyone! I forgot to post on Monday but I did 1.5 miles on Monday and .5 last night. It feels good! The rest of this is going to really busy so I probably won't have a lot of time to get my exercise in. Hope you're all doing well. I'll check back in soon.
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 10:00 PM   #34  
KAR

HI Ladies,
Hope all is well with everyone. My walking, Curves workouts, gazelle, excerise bike and weight bench seem to have paid off. I lost 1 3/4 pounds last week. So I was so happy to step on the scales and read that last night. So hopefully I can keep this up and met Onederland come Jan. 1st. I am only 5 pounds away from that at the moment. I have walked 19 of my 50 miles so far. I am slowly but surely walking away my pounds. Well I better go and get all my stuff ready for tomorrow. I have my school Christmas party tomorrow evening and need to make sure my gift is wrapped and by the front door. Talk to you all later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 08:30 AM   #35  

I hope it is okay to just jump in here.

My name is Michelle and I live in New Zealand.

I was recently diagnosed with diabetes and have started exercising seriously and eating very very healthily. What a big change!

I wear a pedometer when I walk and so I will be posting how many steps I take, how many km's i cover and anything else you might find interesting

I would love some support and to be able to support others. I look forward to getting to know you all
loofah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 10:15 PM   #36  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Hello, everyone! I'm sorry it's been so long since I posted, but I have been going through a medical crisis. Yesterday I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Disease, and I am about to start the mad rush to establish the staging and then a treatment -- almost certainly chemo and radiation.

Sounds like everyone's doing beautifully....... I still intend to keep regular exercise in the picture to some extent -- they say that it's really beneficial. So I'll continue to post here. Big hugs to everyone!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 09:45 AM   #37  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Hi all. I haven't been keeping up with my exercise. Things have been so crazy with the holidays. And my boyfriends birthday party. But thankfully that turned out well so I can relax a little. But no exercise. I hope I get my WATP DVD that I asked for for Christmas I may not check back in until after Christmas so I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. Keep up the good work! :sman:

:merry:

Sarah,
I'm sorry to hear about the Hodgkins diagnosis. I will definately keep you in my thoughts and prayers through your treatment. You're one of my favorite people here (Not that I don't love all of you gals, but you know!). Take care chickie!!!!! :sman:
Old 12-22-2004, 01:18 PM   #38  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

First and foremost...

Sarah, I am truly sorry to hear of your diagnosis... my thoughts and prayers are with you! Please take care of yourself and remember that we're all here thinking of you!

---

All has been ok on the exercise-front. Haven't lost another ounce since last week... actually that's not true... I gained 0.4 of a pound and lost it again so I've balanced myself out. Happy with that, for sure!

The holidays are in full swing now so I won't be checking back in until after Christmas. I'm hoping to get a few more miles in, we'll see though.

I hope all of you girls have a lovely holiday season! Best wishes to you all!

Take care and have a happy and healthy day!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 01:45 PM   #39  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

*MeRrY ChRisTmAs!*

I am so very sorry I haven't been around lately and haven't read any recent posts, but please know that I think of you all often in my prayers and give *Thanks* to God for such Wonderful Internet Buddies! I do hope that you all have a safe & enjoyable Christmas...

I will be back the week after Christmas when I have had the chance to read up on all your posts. We had no electric yesterday and as of this morning we have 28" of snow! And it's still snowing... Looks like we'll have a white Christmas The weather people are calling for sunshine, but very cold!! Today it's only 17* and our low was 3* last night --- burrrrrr.

Sarah, I am so very sorry I haven't been around in support of you in such a difficult time - I do hope that you are getting all that you need... I do not know much about your diagnoses of Hodgkins Disease (maybe you can shed a little light), but I do know that I will hold you in my continued thoughts and prayers!

Mel, it's wonderful to see you back!!! I have missed you very much! As you know I havent been on much --- just so much to be done and never enough time. I haven't gain one ounce (thank goodness!), but I also have not walked at all! I haven't done well at all with my walking since Thanksgiving! To tell you the truth, I am so looking forward to getting back into a routine of walking on my T-mill again and doing the DvD's... soon!

Till after Christmas I wish you all the JOY that Christmas can bring!

*God Bless you all with a very Merry Christmas
and a New Year just filled with the Peace of Christ!*

SunnyD/ Donna
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 10:35 PM   #40  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Thanks for the kind words, Amy, Mel, and Sunny! And welcome, Michelle!

Sunny, Hodgkins Disease is a form of Lymphoma, cancer of the lymph nodes. I meet my oncologist this Wednesday, and will know then the specifics of my treatment, but I know, based on the results of some tests I've just had, that I'm at a pretty advanced stage of the cancer, so I'm most likely looking at 6-8 months of chemo, followed by radiation. I'm going to have to leave my job to go on disability, because with Lymphoma, they really slam you hard and long with the chemo and most folks find that they can't work full time -- which is what I'd have to do to keep my benefits, since I can't go on my partner's benefits.

I intend to continue to exercise regularly for as long as I can, and to really support the chemo's goals through my nutrition. It's still all new -- I went from ignorance to diagnosis within a week. (Thank God.) I'm to expect things to really speed up after meeting with my oncologist -- it's feasible that I'll start the chemo the first week of January. I don't want to take over this thread with my stuff, so if you want to learn more about how I found out and how I'm feeling, feel free to visit my blog via the link below.

Hope everyone has (or has had!) a wonderful holiday filled with love and hope.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 12:55 PM   #41  

Hi, Ladies!
Today is my first day and I need serious help. I'm so happy I found this group. I want to join the January walkers and set my goal for 30 miles. I am currently 259 pounds, and it's time for me to get down to business. I've gotten motivated just reading eveyone else's postings!!!! At my heaviest, I was 271 lbs. I joined Weight Watchers last year in May and had gotten down to 229 lbs by Christmas. Then, I quit because I was listening to my friend telling me we could do it on our own. I came to find out I couldn't. So, my first goal is to get back where I was when I left Weight Watchers. I need some type of support, and I think I've found it here. I look forward to chatting with you all.

Last edited by teresamoton; 12-28-2004 at 04:18 PM.
teresamoton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 03:17 PM   #42  
Amy Needs New Shoes

HI everyone! Hope you had a nice holiday. I have a stomach virus for my ENTIRE Christmas holiday! It was not fun. But I did get to see my aunt, uncle, cousin and their 4 sweet boston terriers. And mom and grandma and step-dad. So I'm still chalking it up to a nice holiday. I have not done any more exercise but with the stomach virus I haven't gained any more. haha Hope you're all doing well. I'm ready to re-dedicate very soon. So I'll still be around.

Sarah I will be thinking of you. You sound very upbeat and positive. Good luck in your treatment. Sending you good vibes. Its such a shame about health insurance. I hope some day minds will open. Take care. You're such a sweetheart.

See you all later!
Old 12-29-2004, 04:00 PM   #43  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Well I weighed in on the 22nd and was down 1.4 and then weighed in again on the 27th and was down another 0.6! I can't believe I actually managed to LOSE over the holidays! Never done that before! I'm quite proud of myself, to tell you the truth.

Today I'm starting at the gym and am very excited to do so. That's another first. Yes, I never thought I'd be hyped up to get exercising... especially in public! I'm beyond awkward... I'd even go as far to say that I'm hideously un-coordinated, so this is a HUGE step. But in the right direction.

---

Sunny... WOW, you certainly had yourself a white Christmas! That's a crazy amt. of snow to wake up to, for sure! I hope you and Joe had a lovely holiday season! Looking forward to seeing you back online on a more regular basis... when things slow down a bit, of course. Take care of yourself, girl.

Sarah... Sending you lots of happy thoughts and the very best wishes! We'll all be thinking of you! And please let us know how you're doing! Good luck with everything!

Amy... Sorry to hear you had a wicked virus over Christmas! I sure hope you are feeling better now.

teresamoton... Welcome to the post! And best of luck in your weight loss journey! Looking forward to getting to know you better and to reading all about your successes!

Anways ladies, wishing you all the very best. Take care of yourselves and keep smiling!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 10:33 AM   #44  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile LINK to JaNuArY WaLkErS

Stop posting here... time to begin the NEW YEAR

Link to JaNuArY WaLkErS--> http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...229#post741229

SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 01-01-2005 at 10:35 AM.
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote