Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-05-2004, 01:58 AM   #76  

Default have a great vacation

hey summer,

that sounds like a geat week off! have fun and you deserve it after all those long days.
gen is short for genevieve. it's not a very common name in english and a lot of people would mispronnounce it so i figured gen is short and easy. most people call me gena (pronnounced jenna) but then most people tend to say it like geena so i just gave up. i used to hate genevieve because it caused me so much grief but now i like it

i sure hope the pain of running is starting go away. we'll see what happens when i return to running on pavement this week. the track at the y is very small gravel.
tomorrow is weigh in day and i have a good feeling about it! but we'll see what happens.

monday:
weights upper body
cardio: outdoor track

thanks for your encouragement and support. i sure need it!

oh if you get to go to the blue rodeo concert it will be a great time i promise! tonight i went to see the funk brothers in concert must have been about 100,000 people. it was fantastic!!! if you haven't seen the movie definitely rent "standing in the shadows of motown" it'll make you laugh, cry, think and appreciate all the unsung talent out there.
have a great week, i'll see you here when you get back.

gen
gatsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 12:35 AM   #77  

Default down 1 more lb many more to go

hi sarah
hope you had a good vacation. you sure deserved it! tell us all about it.

so like you figured, , i'm down one more pound. yippee. i'm using the diet power everyday, don't know what i'd do without it. ty ty ty for letting us know about it. it is better than fitday. i love that i can create my own exercises from the data given on the cardio machines.

today: almost didn't go to the gym but my sister intervened and off we went. yeah for sister.
biked to and from work (woohoo got the bike. it's only ten minutes there and back and downhill most of the way home buy hey, it's better than nothing )
upper body ( i realized i don't like doing abs, it makes me feel puky, so i don't do them as often as i should)
cardio: 30 mins on crosstrainer.
stretching: i can touch my foot now.
i must be getting fitter because after doing level1 hill programme i decided that next time i need to move up to level two. woohoo!

wed: off: cat to the vet
thurs: running clinic: 20 minutes jog/walk (2min jog/1min walk )
friday: yoga

well i hope to hear from you soon
gen
Old 07-07-2004, 10:54 PM   #78  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Smile Hello, you two!!!!!

Hello, Gen and Summer!! I'm back, but in a hurry to turn in, so I'm just going to give a quick update for now....just the facts, ma'am!

I only lost a pound last week, since I splurged a bit on vacation -- I didn't go off, but I did partake in a few no-no's, in small quantities. And still I lost a pound!

As for exercise since my return on Monday:

Tuesday ~ Walked Louie for a half hour.
Wednesday ~ Biked HIIT for 30 minutes, with 18 minutes at intense speed, and 8 within more moderate fat burning zone of heart rate.

My goal is to really concentrate on cardio this week......I'm trying to lose 2 more pounds by the beginning of next week, so I'm focusing for the moment less on muscle building than on increasing my metabolic rate.

I'll fill you dahlings in on more when I have more time! I missed you guys and hope you're both doing great, and that Summer is having a blast on her vacation! Gen, I'm so glad you're loving the Diet Power! It has so many awesome features, doesn't it?? (I love that exercise one too, although I haven't had an opportunity to utilize it yet, since I don't go to a gym and so don't have access to unlisted equipment.....Hey great job on your regular use of the crosstrainer, by the way! You go, you bad !)

I'll post more tomorrow.....good night!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 09:37 AM   #79  
I climb mountains!

Down another pound since yesterday! I'm still shooting for another 2 pounds by the beginning of next week though! I'll be back later to more fully check in with you two.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:17 PM   #80  
I climb mountains!

Hey there, , another quick one:

Thursday: HIIT on bike for 22 minutes this morning first thing. I'm going to do the same tomorrow morning.

That's it for now....I'll be back soon!
Old 07-09-2004, 12:06 AM   #81  

Smile hey!!

hey sarah i never knew you were such a tease.
congrats on the one lb! thank goodness for small victories...they do add up don't they!
went running today (clinic resumed), started out well then cramping but i managed to keep by breaking the routine. shorter run time and shorter walk time than prescribed. oh boy i must say i've improved. i was so apprehensive about today, but much to my surprise i did alright. it's great to see progress. leader said maybe more potassium would help so besides bananas any suggestions. i was eating them but the calories added up quikly. diet power does say i'm always lacking in potassium. maybe a supplement?
here's something i do: at the end of the day i check my nutrient levels then i take my vitamins, minerals. i'm eating so much better now i don't a multivitamin usually just calcium and vit D (since i don't drink much milk anymore) and now potassium.

good going on hiit on the bike so many things to ask: just wondering if you are still weightraining? what about the lump on your neck? how was the vacation? the garden? lorraine? the zoo? ok i'll stop now. just checking in.

take care
gen
Old 07-09-2004, 01:18 PM   #82  
I climb mountains!

Default Hey, Gen!

Hey, Gen, great job on the running! I'm so proud of you!

I can relate to your potassium deficiency. I share it. And Diet Power always shows me low as well. I rarely eat bananas for the same reason. I supplement, and also eat lots of spinach and a good bit of salmon, and they seem to help. It's still hard to reach 100% though. (My supplements are teeny-tiny, and I take 6 a day, and still they don't get me there. I just started, though, so I was seeing if taking 2 at a time would upset my stomach and they don't, so I'll up them and see how it goes.) Have you tried right-clicking on Potassium in your nutrient window to see some good sources of potassium?

Let's see. The vacation. Well, overall, it was pretty good. It's a beautiful state, and our cabin was located within a 900-acre wildlife sanctuary, so we saw plenty of deer and other critters, and even a bear! On the downside, the locals didn't seem to like us so much -- not loving the homosexuals so much! -- Louie and I gotten eaten alive by bugs (strangely, they were less interested in Lorraine -- must have been the beer and cigarettes!) and on the way out, minutes after leaving the cabin, we came across a half-dead kitten that had been run over by a car and we heard from a nearby resident that it had probably been done on purpose. We raced it to an animal hospital (in my arms, with it crying and looking at me the whole way) and had to do what we'd suspected would be necessary: had it put to sleep. Uuuuggghhhh.....truly a killer. Of course we cried and were just so sad. And of course I'm grateful that we happened to see that it was alive (in the middle of the road, with cars still running over it -- tires on both sides of it, that is, the poor baby) so that we could get it treated humanely. We just didn't want it to suffer any longer. God, I'm crying again now just telling you about it! Anyway, when we came home you better believe I squeezed all seven of our kitties till their little eyes bulged! And everyone got soft food, catnip, catnip bubbles, and lotsa love. The whole thing just breaks my heart.

As for weight training, yes I am still doing it, but I'm taking this week and next week off to hit the cardio really hard, because I want to knock out my current goal. Then I'll get back into a mixed routine.

The garden's ok, thanks for asking.....probably like 6 or 7 of the 100 plants seem to be coming back, so we will definitely have to replant next year. Fascinatingly, when the neighbors at the townhouse next door had their deck bleached and repainted, the workers bleached our steps, fence, and several Rose of Sharon bushes I had planted there. Amazing.

The lump is a lump is a lump. I still haven't gone to the doctor, of course. I know, probably would be a good idea, no? I'm sure it's just a stupid cyst....it's not like it's bulging out of my neck or anything - you can't see it, just feel it - but it is a bit of an oddity when I move it around under my skin! Ick. You're a sweetheart for asking.

The zoo is good! You're funny. It truly is a zoo. They were very pissed off that we left for a few days, but everyone seemed to survive it. One cat in particular (poor beleagured sweetheart) seemed to have spent the entire time hiding in our bedroom closet and when we came home she came out rumpled and famished......and ran straight for the litter box! (Hey remind me to tell you about our litter boxes sometime -- they're electric and hook up to the toilet, and the waste is flushed right down the toilet! We even had them set on timers while we were gone so the boxes wouldn't get dirty and stinky! Pretty cool, huh?)

I'm feeling pretty good about my loss of 44 pounds thus far, but am really looking forward to achieving this current goal of 235 so that I can move on to the next one. I'm ready.

Take care, lovies, and Gen, I think you're a real sweetheart, I really do!
Old 07-09-2004, 01:19 PM   #83  

Wink

Hey there ladies!

Back from vacation and I see Sarah is too! Sarah how was W. VA? Michael and I are so relaxed we canoed, hiked, played tennis and ate. I gained 2 pounds which is not as much as I feared - so on the band wagon again!

Gen for you keeping up with running! Way to go! Diet power is my saving grace now as well. Still learning all the details but very helpful.

Sarah welcome back! How is Lorraine and Louie and the army of cats? How is the crossbow going and have you gotten your neck checked out?

This week so far:
Sunday: Walk Fenway -40 minutes
Monday: Nothing but driving to vacation
Tuesday: Tennis - 60 minutes, hiked for 40 minutes, canoed for 60 minutes
Wednesday: Tennis for 50 minuted, YOga for 60 minutes
Thursday - 30 minutes HIIT on Treadmill , 10 minutes on rowing machine then drove home
Friday: walked Fenway for 30 minutes, Tennis for 60
Saturday - Walk Fenway

I finally learned how to attach a picture! Below is one of Michael and in February.

Missed you ladies and the constant source of motivation that you are for me.

Quote:
Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish.
Albert Einstein

be well.

Summer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Summer and Michael.JPG (15.0 KB, 55 views)
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 01:55 PM   #84  
I climb mountains!

Default Summer's here! Summer's here!

Oh my gosh, how cute are you two?!?! Adorable! You're beautiful, Summer!! And that Michael quite the cutie pie -- I love that picture; whole lotta love evident there.

I'm glad you had a great week -- it sounds just great. I LOVE to canoe! I think it might actually be one of my favorite activities in the world! (You mentioned eating, and that isn't so bad, either! ) Isn't it great just to get away with the one you love? No phone, no breaking news, no work stress......just love. I tell you, Lorraine and I definitely needed it. She's just about to start a new job after 16 years with the old one, and she's freaking out. Her current job has taken such a toll on her, it's affected her health, her outlook, her personality, and our relationship. It's time to let it go and move on, and I'm very proud of her for making the leap. As we speak they're trying to convince her to stay, but she's holding her ground, tough as it is. I'm so proud of her.

I can't get over just how cute you guys are together, and how lovely you are, Summer....yay you!!!
Old 07-10-2004, 03:00 PM   #85  

I know this is not exercise related but I had to post a picture of my Fenway. He is 20 months now. we got him from a rescue agency a year ago. He is my walking partner.

I hope Saturday finds the both of you enjoyning the day to its utmost!

I will stop bye with more later.

Quote:
I finally figured out the only reason to be alive is to enjoy it.
Rita Mae Brown
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mr.Fenway.JPG (24.6 KB, 56 views)
Old 07-10-2004, 10:09 PM   #86  
I climb mountains!

Awww, Fenway! What a handsome dog!! He really is a beautiful guy, Summer!

Brief exercise report:
Yesterday: HIIT on the bike for 20 minutes.
Today: Extended, sustained high intensity biking for 30 minutes, and painting for 2 1/2 hours (that's gotta be worth something, right?)

And I'm down another pound, so that's 3 since last Tuesday, making it 45 pounds ytd! 2nd goal, here I come!
Old 07-11-2004, 09:15 PM   #87  

Default awww

hey ladies,

well summer you sure is a purdy lady !!! and your husband is handsome and fenway is gorgeous. what a sight you guys must be in the neighbourhood!!!
hope you had a good weekend.

congrats on the weight loss sarah. you are doing soooo great. your 2nd goal is so close you could almost taste it...and it may just tastes like 3oz of grilled chicken marinated in lemon juice and herbs, a mixed leaf salad sprinkled with madarin orange wedges lightly drizzled with a balsamic ginger vinegrette and sauteed zucchini medallions a la marjoram followed by berry salad flambed in cointreau...unless you're on the atkins diet in which case it tastes like 2lbs of bacon.
seems like incompetant workmen are the out to get you this summer. seems like there is no shortage of them. someone said once "everyone rises to the level of their incompetance" present company excluded of course

so my dietpower is screwing up again. it wont let me log exercises without crashing. i e-mailed tech support. so hopefully that will get resolved soon. unless of course the techies there have risen to the level....

friday i didn't do yoga 'cause my sis-in-law went camping and my sister is not as keen on it (are you following?? ) and wanted to do weights. so we did lower body and crosstrainer. oh and my mom came too.

yesterday we celebrated my brothers bday so...i didn't eat any junk but i did have a small piece of fruit custard pie thing and a cannolli....ahhhh cannollis. my sister and i went to little italy to buy him a soccer jersey and just had to get them. but you know a while ago i would have had at least two...but i've pretty much lost the urge, craving to overindulge. that's a real surprise for me.
do you guys have problems with that or do you find yourselves not feeling the urge to indulge anymore? hmmm that's not worded too well but you get my meaning

today i went for a walk/jog. the jogging component is getting better, faster, longer. i went out for 33mins (jogged for a total of 14.6 mins and walked for 18.5) and went further than before in the same amount of time. it's so good to see and feel progress.
tommorow is another weigh in day

have a good monday
gen
Old 07-12-2004, 11:21 PM   #88  

Default woohoo

hello ladies,

i hope you had a good monday to start off your week.

sooooo.... down 2 more lbs!!! woohoo
i guess the cannolli was ok

today:
upper body weights
cardio: crosstrainer 30 mins

tues:
lower body weights
cardio: walk/jog track (or treadmill of weather is rainy)
wed:
upper body
cardio: crosstrainer
thurs: jogging clinic walk 1 min jog 3 (i don't think i'm at that level but i'll do my best like last week when i couldn't complete the run as planned )

i hear the shower calling my name
have a good night
gen

Old 07-13-2004, 11:28 AM   #89  

Wink Good Morning

Good Morning!

Not a morning person in any sense of the word. I think people who like Any time before 7:30 am with a pint of coffee are crazy...with that said I got my *** out of bed to workout this morning and walk my dog - and it is sticky hot here so I smell real pretty right now.

Vacation was wonderful with Michael - there is nothing like being with each other and enjoying it and away from the stresses of daily life. It was so relaxing which is good becasue we came home to 2 funerals. Fenway is pretty and I think he knows it - when ever we walk at least one passerby comments on him and his ears perk up and his tail wags even more than before and I think he even starts to strut

Gen on the two pounds! That is great news - I love great news in the morning. Keep up the hard work and now you know there is no reason to beat up yourself for the occassional treat. I am so happy for you! How is your kitty by the way?

Sarah another 2 pounds! Close to your second goal! Way to go - what an inspiration you are. Lorrine is in my prayers as she goes through this transition with her career. Good for her for standing her ground! Where is she going to?

I lost 1 pound. Yeah me! and this is what I have on tap for the week:
Sunday: NOTHING
Monday: Walk Fenway - 60 minutes
Tuesday: 25 minutes of High Intensity Aerobics, 30 minute walk with Fenway, 90 minutes yoga tonight
Wednesday: 60 minutes of Tennis (if it doesn't rain), 40 minutes of Yoga (if it does rain), 30 minute walk with Fenway
Thursday: 60 minutes of Tennis (if it doesn't rain), 40 minutes of Yoga (if it does rain), 30 minute walk with Fenway
Friday: 60 minutes of Tennis (if it doesn't rain), 40 minutes of HIIT (if it does rain), 30 minute walk with Fenway
Saturday: Gardening, Housework, Walk Fenway

I hope this finds you well and sane!

Quote:
An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you do know and what you don't. -Anatole France

be well.

Summer
Old 07-15-2004, 09:11 PM   #90  

Default i'm psyched!

helloooo,

wow sounds like you have a big week of activity planned summer. 100 points to you for stepping up! glad you enjoyed your vacation. i'm soooo looking forward to my two weeks off in august. thanks for the encouragement. i wonder if that guy on jeopardy ever read that quote

i'm psyched because i really thought i wouldn't be able to finish the running course today since last week i couldn't do the 1min walk, 2 min run completely. although this week we did 1min walk and 3 min run and some ofit was uphill i did it! and energy to spare. so i'm really happy. yesterday i didn't work out at all because i was sooo tired and drained. i guess the rest did me good. and i ran twice this week so that probably helped.

well i hope sarah is doing well. helloooo sarah
tomorrow is yoga for my weary body

take care
gen