Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 11:45 AM   #16  

Thanks for the welcome!

I absolutely love lumpia. I haven't had it in years but I had a friend whose mother made them and they were wonderful. I bet they're a lot of work though.

I was really proud of myself last night. We went to our town fair and I did not give in the those funnel cakes that were tormenting me. I had a nice big water instead. Yum! :| But I knew today was bagel day at work and someone said that they were bringing in a cheesecake.

Do any of you have any great plans for the holiday weekend? I have absolutely no plans and I am loving it!

OK, so I am reworking the exercise thing. I decided to go ahead and add some walking to my program. The reason? I got some really cool new walking shoes and I decided to try them out and realized that walking even one mile was harder than riding three. So I am going to do both every day. Of course, I am reporting a day off because I post the morning after. I generally do my exercise in the evening rather than the morning. I am not a morning person at all. I have tried and tried but getting up before 7:00 does not work for me. Besides, evening exercise gives me just enough energy to get me through the night. It's amazing to me how much it can change things. I used to go home and not move and would go to bed early most nights and still be tired. I was always tired and now I am not so much.

Biking Goal: 100 miles
Biked Yesterday: 0 miles
Miles to go: 96 miles

Walking Goal: 30
Walked Tuesday: 1
Walked Yesterday: 2
Miles to go: 27
Old 07-03-2003, 01:19 PM   #17  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

WTG Kristen on those 2 lbs.!! Don't worry about not making your goal, it was just 2 miles. I got lazy towards the end and didn't want to do anything, I could have done more, just didn't want to. You are off to a good start for July so keep on truckin'!

Noelle, I know you are probably packing for Maui. Have a safe and fun 4th of July vacation.

jlmsandi, good for you for deciding to add walking to your program. You sound like me, I too am not a morning person, I HATE getting up early. You would think I would be used to it since getting up early for the last 20 years or so. NOT!

Michelle, WTG on your 3 mile walk. It may have felt like pulling teeth to do but you DID IT!

Looks like we are all off to a good start for July ladies, keep up the good work.

I haven't done my walk yet but will post my miles later. I wanted to go outside for a walk but it is so stinking HOT! Not going to get any better within the next few days either. No special plans for the 4th, just hanging around the house. Hope everyone who will be on the road has a safe and fun 4th.
Old 07-03-2003, 10:56 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Cristi, Ouch a shot by your eye you poor thing. Glad that's not something you have to go through very often. Thanks for you concern for dd I showed her your post and she thought it was really cool that you put all those stickers in for her. Have a great weekend, I too have no real plans for the weekend and am loving that for a change.......Kristen, 2 miles short of goal? Pleeeease! 68 is a terrific accomplishment! WTG on ANOTHER 2 pond loss. You rock!........Noelle, Have a great time in Maui girl!....Michelle, Wtg on getting out there even when you didn't want to. The first step is always the hardest, always!....jlmsandi, I think it's great you've decided to add walking to your routine. Having more than one option really helps me keep motivated plus walking is a weight baring exercise so it really helps fight against ostioporosis. That stuff scares me an elderly lady from our church once stood up (just stood up ) from a recliner and crushed 2 vertebrae. The injury put her in the nursing home for almost 2 months. The day after I heard about it I started taking extra calcium and will forever. So, WTG to you!..... I had a great day myself. I got the house clean, took my children to the pool, and did a 10 mile bike ride. I haven't ridden 10 miles since I was 12. I'm feeling top of the world, but I gotta go bathe now the smell of bug spray is getting to me! Have a great 4th all!

GM 40 / MW 6 / MTG 34
BGM 24 / MB 10 / BMTG 14

Kristi
Old 07-04-2003, 05:14 AM   #19  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies, just a quick one again--it's after 11 pm here and i need to get to bed . I'll be Maui bound tomorrow morning and we're taking a shuttle to the airport so we don't have to leave the car parked overnight for 2 days, not so safe to do that around here. I remembered to pack the camera so I should have some pics to share next week. I'm getting excited about going already : . I had a fantastic OP day too~no cheating~ and I walked 3.5 miles so yay for me.

jlmsandi, I am an evening exerciser too and can totally relate about having the energy restored at night. I used to be in bed by 8 pm when I was a real sedentary person, and when I woke up in the mornings I was still tired--all that's changed now and I love it! Bravo on resisting the evil funnel cake .

Wow Kristi, 10 miles biking~awesome! YGG!

Cristi, Kristen, Janine, Jenifer, Michelle, Lynne (how are you doing lady, we miss you!) and Jen...if I've missed anyone else, I still hope all of you have a safe and wonderful weekend. God Bless the USA (and friendly neighbors) !

Old 07-04-2003, 12:24 PM   #20  
One day at a time

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY LADIES!!!

Noelle, HAVE FUN!!! WTG on your walk and staying OP!

Kristi, WOW! I am impressed, a 10 mile bike ride! WTG! You are making me tired just reading it. I hope you dd's eye is doing better. I too worry about osteoporosis. My SIL's mother had it and it was horrible to see this tall, strong woman go to a frail little thing. She was a nurse and had to quit because she just couldn't do anything but did not want to quit. She wasn't supposed to be driving because the slightest little thing could have broken a bone, she hated feeling helpless and didn't want to have to depend on others to do things for her. It was just hard to see this woman go through that. She was the sweetest lady. So, I too make sure I take extra calcium, it's very important.

I got lazy yesterday and didn't get any exercise in. I have stayed on plan the last few days though so that's good. I need to get in sync and stay op and do my exercise. I either do the exercise and mess up on the eating or stay op and mess up on the exercise. I will be getting my walk in today for sure.

July Goal~80 miles
7/3/03~zero
7/4/03~2 miles
Total Miles 7/03~6
Miles to go~74

Well, I just wanted to check in for a few minutes and wish everyone a Happy 4th. Hope everyone has a fun and safe one.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 07-05-2003 at 12:39 PM.
Old 07-04-2003, 12:40 PM   #21  

Noelle, Way to stay OP and get your exercise in. I kinda go like Cristi, either my eatings good and no ex. or I ex. and eat bad. We'll all get it all together sooner or later. Now you just have a ball in Maui girl, I can't waite to see your pics.......Cristi, you do so great with your exercise that taking a day off here and there will probably do you more good than harm. I'm totally enjoying having no plans for today. With dh home I was able to get up late relax awhile and still get out on the bike rail for a 4 mile walk with my pooch. You can tell it's a holiday. Usually I see no one on the trail in the morning well maybe 1 person a week. Today I saw about a dozen. My dog is very well behaved so it's ok. He even got compliments from the out of towners. I'm sure that totally made his day We had a good, but short storm whip through here about 5am. The trees in my yard were bending pretty good, but I'd seen them worse so I just went back to bed. Anyway, have a great weekend all!

GM 40 / MW 10 / MTG 30
BGM 24 / MB 16 / BMTG 8

Kristi

Update : Got busy and did a 6 mile bike ride tonight since I'd eaten both cheesecake and movie popcorn today

Last edited by lovnmom; 07-04-2003 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-04-2003, 07:54 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi ladies (new and old one)! I miss you all very much and really wish more hours were in a day. I hope that you all have a fun & safe 4th! I jsut got home from work and had a few minutes to read over the post. Great job on all the losses and walking. Whoohoo! You all RoCk!
Well hopefully soon I will be on the mode and have more time for me and my workouts! I'm not going to weigh in tomorrow.....ouch! I need the weekend to just relax and also study. Miss you all lots and lots! Hug to all!
Old 07-05-2003, 11:30 AM   #23  
Beauty is within...

Hi, guys.

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. It's been pretty rough around here, and really hard to get re-motivated. It's hard to explain, but because of my previous history of depression, when I get low, due to either myself, or in this case, my surroundings, I find it really hard to get motivated, with anything. So it's been really hard to pick myself up and start again, when I find it hard to care much about anything....

I'm really trying to get out of this, because my weight loss means so much to me, but when this depression hits, it's hard to find the energy for anything....

I'm sorry to sound so down. I don' t feel like this all the time - thank god! but when I'm dealing with major lifestyle battles, it really sucks the life out of you!!!

Thanks so much for caring, and I'll definitely be back soon.... in fact I was planning on being back today, but found it hard to find the time....

Catcha soon.... Lynne
Old 07-05-2003, 04:33 PM   #24  
Pending Email Confirmation

hello all you fine babes out there!!

and a big welcome to jlmsandi and galzooks! i know it's a little late, being it is 5 days into the month. but you'll like it here... this thread totally keeps my butt in gear as it does for the other babes, i'm sure!

today it's like 90 or something out with humidity. not so fun. but ya wanna know what? i walked anyway. if this was a year ago... i would think that ANYONE that did that... was insane! send me to the insane asylum. i walked around the lake again for my 3 miles there. and i was doing okay, until i came into the direct sunlight... and i was just melting. luckily, though, i had some cash on me, and there's a gas station near there. so i just went there and bought me some water!!! much needed water. i made it back to my car. and then came home and took a shower!

thursday night i also walked. 3 miles at the tufts track. woo hoo. not a lot of people there, since it was july 4th eve. but it was a decent walk anyway. i always find that when i walk the track... the first mile or two are killer. and then once i reach 3, i'm just like "that's it?"

jlmsandi - great job with the resisting of funnel cakes! i don't know if i could be so lucky. i don't mind it if it's not in front of me... but once it is... watch out. but at least i know. walking and biking? ygg! geesh.... you're already keeping my butt in gear good for you!

kristi - great job with the 10 mile bike ride! i haven't ridden a bike in ages. i wouldn't mind going back to it. but i think, right now, i need a pool! keeping cool while getting exercise.

noelle - i hope that you enjoyed maui!! i hear it's incredible. great job staying on program!

cristi - we all need breathers now and then from exercise. it's great that you stayed on program for the past couple days, though! that is an accomplishment in itself. ygg!

lynne - i hope that you feel better soon! :hugs: we're all here for you if you need us. i def. can see how a lifestyle change can be difficult in these times. :hugs:

jenifer and janine (and anyone i may have missed) hope that you had a fantastic fourth. mine was very... uneventful.

went to weigh in the morning. i thought i was going to gain cause i had a really bad saturday last week as far as being op. but... my body works in mysterious ways... cause i lost 1.6. woo hoo! i hope that this energy keeps kicking me in the butt!

have a nice rest of the weekend, ladies!!

july miles goal - 60
miles walked - 10
miles to goal - 50
Old 07-06-2003, 01:23 PM   #25  

Hi Jenifer, You have so much going on it's ok to give yourself a little break. I know the woman who totally helped me get back on track will soon be doing it for herself too. Thinking about you and hope everything's going great!

Lynne, You know I'm rooting for ya girl!

Kristen, WTG on your miles! It's been super humid around here too. For most walks I don't take water, because I just feel to lopsided no matter how I carry it, but I always take water when I ride my bike. For some reason I seem to need it way more riding than I do waling anyway. Great job at choosing water over the many other choices I'm sure they had to offer and another loss. You are totally putting me to shame. Send some of that self control my way!

As for me, I had a ball yesterday. My home town had a parade and little celebration with some kiddie games and the volunteer firemen cooked up some delicious bbq chicken with all the fixins, yum yum. The best part though I got to meet my new grand niece Daisy. She's totally beautiful. I held her for so long at only 22 days old she was so tiny. MY children thought she was just precious. 6 yr. old dd was very dissapointed that she didn't get to hold her, but I just didn't feel comfortable letting her in the park setting. Thanks to the chicken and my FIL bday today I felt the need to get out there and work off some cals. I walked 6 miles in 90 min. this morning. I know many walkers are much faster, but I felt totally awesome when I returned and saw my time. I even ran about .5 mile of it. I'm NO runner so that was enough. I think my dear doggie thought I was out of my mind! Maybe I was, maybe I am, but love me anyway!

Have a great day Cristi, Noelle, Jen, Janine and all you other HoT JuLy BaBeS!

GM 40 / MW 16 / MTG 24
BGM 24 / MB 16 / BMTG 8

Kristi

P.S. I plan to eat cake with NO GUILT!
Old 07-06-2003, 10:57 PM   #26  
One day at a time

Angry Hi Ladies

WOW Kristen! WTG on your walking and your loss. YGG! you are doing such a great job with your weight loss you are keeping me motivated, THANKS!! And WTG on walking in the heat and with this humidity,

Lynne, so glad to hear from you but sorry to hear you are not up to par. Just know that we are here for you and will be awaiting your return. :grouphugs:

Jenifer, take all the time you need to relax and study. Sometimes things tend to pile up on you and you just need to relax. I know all too well how the homework piles up fast, plus you are working. It can get quite stressful and you don't want to get stressed, so relax. I am sending goodvibes for you to ace your tests. : :

Kristi, WTG! you are doing an awesome job with your walking and biking. You are making me tired! There is no way I am getting out in this heat, it is even too warm for me in the morning and the wind has been blowing the last few days which makes it worse. I don't know how you ladies walk without water. I know when I do walk outdoors I must have the bottle of water in tow. I have to have the water when I am walking on the treadmill! Like you I am NO runner, too many things bouncing up and down for me to run. Eat a piece of cake for me!

I am been so laaaazy this weekend, that is not like me. I was doing so good with the exercise but since the July thread I have just tired of it I guess. I haven't given up though ladies, I will NEVER give up the fight. I am getting back on track tomorrow, actually I didn't do too bad today did a 3 mile walk but I wanted to do 4. I will save that for tomorrow. I should go to town and walk the neighborhood, we live in the country but only 7 miles from a bigger city. So I have to drive to where I want to walk. Last year we walked at the school track which got a bit boring walking in a circle. Of course you have to go at certain times when the kids aren't using it. Anyway, tomorrow is a new day and I AM getting back on track for sure.

Hi to Janine, Noelle having fun in Maui, jlmsandi, galzooks and any one else I may have missed. Hope you ALL had a great Sunday.

July Goal~80 miles
7/5/03~1 mile
7/6/03~3 miles
Total Miles 7/03~10
Miles to go~70

Last edited by FrouFrou; 07-07-2003 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-07-2003, 01:40 AM   #27  

OK, I am getting in a late night post before I head off to bed. I think I need another day to get ready to start a new week. I don't recall if I did any exercise on Friday night, but if I recall, probably not. HOWEVER, we did go on an 11 mile canoe trip on the 4th of July which required way more work than I had anticipated. I took the whole next day to recover! I was so exhausted that night that I know we went to watch fireworks but I fell asleep. I heard that they were awesome though.

It looks as if there are lots of you who are not morning people. That's good to know. My boss doesn't appreciate that in me so I try to get in a couple cups of coffee before she gets in so I am ready to go and can fake a smile. She is one of those dedicated people who is up at 5 a.m. to get her workouts in daily.

Biking Goal: 100 miles
Miles to go: 96 miles

Walking Goal: 30
Walked Today: 3
Miles to go: 24
Old 07-07-2003, 02:54 PM   #28  
One day at a time

Angry Hiya Ladies

Hope everyone is having a fabulous Monday!

So much for my early start this morning, that was a joke! I was sleeping so good and did not want to get up. But did eventually at 10 am! I did however get in a 3 mile walk this morning and am going to try and get in another mile this evening. We'll see.

I am very surprised and happy at the same time. I changed my weigh in day to Friday because it seems whenever there is messing up to do I do it on the weekends, well when my hubby is home because we tend to be out and about so we end up at the fast food places. Since the 4th I have been quite the little or so I thought. It didn't just stop on Friday it continued through Sunday, double So even though I changed my weigh in day and I never get on the scales more than once a week I felt the urge to see the damage done over the weekend and guess what no change at all. I did not gain even an ounce so I am very pleased, although surprised. Seems every time I think I do bad it's not as bad as it seems. However, I won't be doing that often. I am back on track today and am hoping for a 1 pound loss this Friday.

Jackie, the canoe trip sounds like so much fun, a lot of work but fun none the less. I am totally missing out on all the fun this summer because hubby has been working so much and usually the weekends. me getting up at 10 am should tell you I am not a morning person. Of course it doesn't help when you stay up till 1 in the morning. I had planned on an early bedtime to rise early, that was joke! Oh well it's the thought that counts right?

To EVERYONE else, Noelle, Kristi, Kristen, Jenifer, Janine, Lynne and anyone I may have missed HI to you all and I hope everyone is having a good day. Take care ladies.

July Goal~80 miles
7/7/03~4 miles
Total Miles 7/03~14
Miles to go~66

Last edited by FrouFrou; 07-07-2003 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-07-2003, 05:18 PM   #29  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies. I'm back from Maui and am feeling wonderful. A little toasted from the sun, but it was a great weekend getaway. I posted some pics on another thread. Click here if you wanna see them (I hope the link works--you may have to search the pages since I didn't know how to direct the link to the exact page ) http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...83#post406783. We stayed at a family friend's house which is in a very remote location. To get there involves driving on a long and winding road, with a lot of the way only a single lane. It was totally worth the drive though. If any of you plan a trip to Maui, I totally recommend a visit to Lorraine's Shave Ice in Kahakuloa, on the north shore. It's a quaint little village setting and Lorraine makes the best banana cream pie, banana or mango bread and the best shave ice on the planet. A great rest stop for refreshments and relaxation.

OK so I wasn't OP but I didn't overstuff myself either. I'm back on track and with no major holidays coming up anytime soon I am so ready to get on with more weight loss . I don't know how I'm gonna do w/my mileage this month since I wasn't really counting this weekend. Oh well, I'll just continue on.

Sounds like you ladies had a great weekend. Hi Lynne, glad to hear from you! I am a bit swamped with work but will check back later this evening to catch up. Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-07-2003, 09:52 PM   #30  

Cristi, Back on track today? SOunds to me you were back on track yesterday allready. Off program people do not walk 3 miles! Does your school offer any indoor walking suring the winter months? Ours allows certain hrs. before school starts that you can either do laps in the gym or down the halls. I think this winter I'm going to walk the halls I figure the up and down steps at each end would be good for me plus it's another cold weather option I have not taken advantage of in the past. I myself love to be up no later than 6am, but I spend the first hr. drinking coffee and reading the paper or just sitting outside weather permitting. My whole day goes off kilter if I don't get that first hr. to myself. Even at hotels I usually sneak out on everyone, but God forbid someone would want me to exercise right away. Blah! As for weighing in I absolutely use Sun. - Tues. as damage control. I never go neaar a scale before Wed. and never after Fri

Jackie, Your trip sounds like alot of fun. Did it end up ,ore work than you expected due to low water, or rough water, or did ou just go farther than you intended. I haven't canoed since in my early 20's and the group I went with it always ended up alot of work, because we swamped eachother's canoes and drank way more than anyone should in one afternoon

Noelle, It sounds like you had a great time in Maui. I'm glad, everyone needs a little get away from time to time. Oh, and just how remote was this place? LAte night skinny dippin' remote maybe?

As for my day, I skipped the trail all together and did a little housework this morning and then took the kids to the pool. I played in the water for an hr. and then read my book while I dried off. It was good and hot today and the water felt so good that I went back for adult swim. I did a combo. of 3 diff. strokes and swam continually for 25 min. That was all the time I had. I had to get to the ball field. Kids just had practice tonight and I like that. Our whole family played ball together yesterday and oldest daughter who hasn't played summer rec since she was 6 caught the bug and ended up going to practice too. She's a yr. too old to play on the same team as ds, but the coach said she can finish the yr. practicing with them and then maybe next yr. she'll decide to go out again. Her game is soccer. After swimmimg I feel so relaxed and nothing aches at all. I think I'm heading for the sack early. Thanks again ladies. It's amazing how better I feel since posting with you lovely ladies

Kristi
Closed Thread