Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-30-2013, 11:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Default When I Think About You, I Touch Myself....

No...not THAT!!!! (I know what some of you were thinking! )

I am referring to "you" as exercise. I've come to realize I am addicted to it. And when I think about it, I find myself mindlessly running my hands over various body parts. Like my biceps. My thighs. My calves. My hips. My stomach. My body feels SO good! It is still pretty squishy, no denying that....but it is most certainly becoming a lot more toned, a lot more firm, a lot more...amazing. And of course, when I feel these still emerging new muscles, I find I want to get out there and workout more. I have to force myself to not over exert. Plain and simple, I love exercising, but even moreso, I love what it is doing to my body.

Surely, I am not the only one. Right?
zoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:05 AM   #2  

I love that song!!! LOL

There is another thread around here that Novus started a while back titled something like "Oh the feels" and it's awesome!!

When I'm running, I make it a point to NOT touch my body. Now that my arms don't rub against my sides and my hips don't hit my hands, it's like a whole different person when I look down.

I do have some creepy muscles in my legs now and the collarbone feel does freak me out. But I wouldn't have it any other way!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Not Moving/In Training/Ironman

Height: 5'6

Hahahaha, this is awesome! What a great feeling and I agree! I absolutely LOVE exercise. It feels amazing, and I like to day dream about it, hehe. Maybe that's why I read so many books about people who do great athletic things.

Thanks for the giggle!
100Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #4  

Actually, this popped up in conversation this morning when my husband sighs and proclaims, "Do you ever stop touching your arms and legs?! I swear, ever since you started exercising, you've been insatiable with the feeling of...YOU!"

I had to laugh. HE WAS RIGHT! My god! But...but...MUSCLES! Do you have any idea how long it has been since I have felt muscles on my body!? What with all the walking/jogging/running and strength training I've been doing...man...it is so there. I am so proud of it too! But...I guess I need to rein it in a wee bit.

elvis - my legs are crazy muscular due to everything I am doing...but my collar bones, I can barely wait for the day they tell me, "PEEK-A-BOO!"

100Mother - I'm with you on the day dreaming. I spend most of my day thinking about how when 6:30 rolls around, just how much and what I will do with my alloted exercise time. And if I can get more in there. And will my husband maim me if I stay out a tad later than normal. I am such a dork. I guess that is what happens when you have OCD tendencies. I replaced my obsession with food with obsession with exercise. There are far worse things I could have went to for a vice.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:23 PM   #5  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Oh me too! Was just feeling up my triceps! Love it! And I am really, REALLY squishy now. I like that because it means there's more space between the muscles and fat cells.

I like to compress my ribs down and tighten my core, then feel around my fat deposits for my six-pack. It's down in there, deep! But I know I have one!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Not Moving/In Training/Ironman

Height: 5'6

Haha, reading your post geoblewis reminds me, and I feel safe saying this here. Sometimes when I'm in the bathroom and not wearing clothing (that's right, naked! lol) I will flatten out my upper and lower belly with my hands (I have a tire) and suck in and be like "WOW, THAT'S what I'm going to look like someday". It sucks when you get caught doing that.
100Mother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post
No...not THAT!!!! (I know what some of you were thinking! )

I am referring to "you" as exercise. I've come to realize I am addicted to it. And when I think about it, I find myself mindlessly running my hands over various body parts. Like my biceps. My thighs. My calves. My hips. My stomach. My body feels SO good! It is still pretty squishy, no denying that....but it is most certainly becoming a lot more toned, a lot more firm, a lot more...amazing. And of course, when I feel these still emerging new muscles, I find I want to get out there and workout more. I have to force myself to not over exert. Plain and simple, I love exercising, but even moreso, I love what it is doing to my body.

Surely, I am not the only one. Right?
ha.ha.--good one. Exercise is not only good for the body--but it helps with depression--sending those happy endorphins through-out your brain. It also builds much needed self esteem.--
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:19 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100Mother View Post
Haha, reading your post geoblewis reminds me, and I feel safe saying this here. Sometimes when I'm in the bathroom and not wearing clothing (that's right, naked! lol) I will flatten out my upper and lower belly with my hands (I have a tire) and suck in and be like "WOW, THAT'S what I'm going to look like someday". It sucks when you get caught doing that.
I have SO done this!!!
Old 05-30-2013, 06:42 PM   #9  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

I love feeling my stomach its rock hard and my arms are super cut...me too! I love exercise and what it has done for me and especially once I dropped the last 10.
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

You know what I love??? I love that there is space between my thighs when I stand in front of the mirror now. Not a HUGE amount of space...but it's there and I love it. I love that I can actually feel my hip bones when I'm laying down. Granted, they're still buried under a lot of fat...but I can feel them.

I love the feeling of walking out of the gym w/ my hair soaked in sweat and my knees shaking like jello. I love coming home from DanceFit and having to sit and cool down before getting in the shower. I love love love it all!!!
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha1534 View Post
You know what I love??? I love that there is space between my thighs when I stand in front of the mirror now. Not a HUGE amount of space...but it's there and I love it.
I'm jealous!! I don't think I'll ever have that no matter how much I lose. It must be the way my body is built. But I wish I could have it!!!
Old 05-30-2013, 07:45 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
I'm jealous!! I don't think I'll ever have that no matter how much I lose. It must be the way my body is built. But I wish I could have it!!!
That's how I feel about my lower stomach. I feel like it'll never go away, no matter how much I lose. I wish I could just cut it off. Bah!
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #13  

Quote:
You know what I love??? I love that there is space between my thighs when I stand in front of the mirror now. Not a HUGE amount of space...but it's there and I love it. I love that I can actually feel my hip bones when I'm laying down. Granted, they're still buried under a lot of fat...but I can feel them.

I love the feeling of walking out of the gym w/ my hair soaked in sweat and my knees shaking like jello. I love coming home from DanceFit and having to sit and cool down before getting in the shower. I love love love it all!!!
YES! THIS!!! When I look in the mirror, my shoulders look FABULOUS! My thighs...my god they are awesome! I LOVE looking at it! And I LOVE the pain (muscles working pain, not the over worked or injury pain) and sweat and just, all of it! I HAVE to do it daily...or my day isn't complete!
Old 05-30-2013, 08:35 PM   #14  

Quote:
That's how I feel about my lower stomach. I feel like it'll never go away, no matter how much I lose. I wish I could just cut it off. Bah!
LMAO I have THAT problem too!
Old 05-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoesmom View Post
YES! THIS!!! When I look in the mirror, my shoulders look FABULOUS! My thighs...my god they are awesome! I LOVE looking at it! And I LOVE the pain (muscles working pain, not the over worked or injury pain) and sweat and just, all of it! I HAVE to do it daily...or my day isn't complete!
Your passion is contagious, love LOVE love reading your posts!!!

I have been looking for a top to show off my collarbones (but not show bra straps) and it's almost impossible to find. I want a wide neck/chest type top (but not cleavage showing!) if that makes any sense, as to say "hey, look at these bones!!"!!